Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following post styles do you prefer?

Very short posts 1-4 lines 0.10963455149502 11.0% [ 33 ]
short posts 5-10 0.29900332225914 29.9% [ 90 ]
medium posts 10-30 lines 0.45182724252492 45.2% [ 136 ]
Long posts 30+ lines 0.086378737541528 8.6% [ 26 ]
Novella's 0.053156146179402 5.3% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 301 ]

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Play 'Pirates' Heart'

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Have a suggestion or a comment regarding this thread/guild? Click the feedback tab to let us know!

Anniversary Date: February 5th
The Asper is: 5 years old

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

User Image

elcome to Port Thume. You've entered the township of Port Thume, merchants cove. It can be a busy place, a working place, a place full of so much life but also a place away from prying eye's. Unless you have arrived by air craft then all will come to "Port" first. Port Thume is involved in export and import of many goods these days giving it it's title of Merchants cove. The old charm of Thume can still be seen and felt as it's tudor style homes are interwoven with brick structures. Thume is not without it's rural area's either, forestry, mountain, and even scattered beaches. For those arriving by aircraft, the tower located in Main has air hangers built right into it. But it is in "Port" that you will find the infamous ship known as the Asper.

Anchored by four anchors the ship sits still on the waters. Perhaps you have already heard of the Asper? No barnacles or signs of age and decay seem to be present, yet upon approach the ship gives off it's own eerie vibe. Like a sleeping dragon whom hordes deep dark secrets of long ancient past, even the ships minor creaks and groans sound like the musings of a beast. Painted in black and red like war paint, though this ship is out of service, it still bares the long lost signs of pride. Crowning the top of the crows nest, an authentic pirate flag could still yet be seen.

Walking up the board walk and stepping onto the deck is when things start to come to light. This is no longer a pirate ship on the inside. Augmented for luxury you see a few immediate amenities. You notice the pristine condition of the wood, the ornately carved spindles and railings, the immaculate detailing put into the craft of every brace, buckle, clamp and nail. How could such a beautiful ship on the inside bare such an ominous presence on the outside? Something tells you that there is a story to be told.

Your eye's take the time to look around on deck before heading to the closest door sitting on your left. When you are ready you move to it and open the door. You notice three steps that take you down into a sunken living room styled room. When your eye's adjust to the dimmer atmosphere you realize that it is a bar.

Welcome to the Asper.

User Image

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

User Image

Ships Decor
User Image

This is the Bar. It is stocked with every
thing you could need or want. Drinks
are free here but tips are more than
welcomed!

User Image

The eating area. Food is usually
pub style food but on request
anything can be made to your
liking.

User Image

The bed rooms are cabin
style rooms and are non-
personal which, means
they belong to no one
specific. Each room looks
the same. There is no fee
to spend the night here.
Full bathroom and fireplace in each room

User Image

This is the indoor lounge
It is Japanese in decor for
our most excellent guests
the relaxation they deserve.
It has up to four fire places
as well as a sound system
with four wall mounted plasma
screen t.v's.

User Image

The game room! It has a
pool table, air hockey, and
dart board as well as a few
classic arcade machines
and pinball!

User Image

Aspers indoor hot tub can
also act as a sauna! It can
hold up to 10-12 people
at one time

User Image

Located on deck left and not
far from the pool is the out-
door lounge. It holds up to
10 people per pit. There are
2 pits that house a total of
20 people.

User Image

Located on deck is our
pool. It has two more
hot tubs that can hold
four people each.

User Image

Also Located out on deck near the pool is our 2-3 man Hammock donated by Li Xinai. This beautiful hammock offers a little privacy to kick back in peace. It offers a little protection so your not totally baked by the sun or drenched by the rain.

Ship Map
User Image

User Image

User Image

* Engine Room is kept under lock and key *

Links

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Updated Friday May 23rd 2014

A quick rundown of where the Asper currently is. They were in the Gaia realm in Samara when an event occurred that was triggered by some sort of hexed port key, in the disguise of an hourglass pedant. It's destination was set for Lockeport, human realm but during a scuffle the coordinates somehow got switched. The Asper was transported to a random place in the human realm along the east coast called Port Thume.

The port key had a negative effect on the two people that had been scuffling over it temporarily turning them human. How long this will have effect for is uncertain.

Saturday, June. 11, 2011.
Asper updates will no longer be posted here on the front page. Instead those who are permanent guests will receive all updates via the Guild. If you wish to join as a Permanent Guest or simply would like all updates concerning the Asper, please PM me and I will add you to the list.

User Image

Before you make a post

While this is definitely a no profiles needed, walk in sort of Rp, I do require you to read. That might be a silly request but I've been around long enough to know, a lot of people don't read. It's vital here. I've taken the time to try and bring you a slice of my world. Do me this honor. Read.

This is a very laid back thread. It experiences the dead zone and sometimes for lengthly periods of time. Sometimes it is fast paced and there are multiple stories going. So if your serious or interested in this thread I recommend you joining the guild list. Whenever there is something changed, added, or important messages, it's given to you via the guilds messaging system. So if your looking for a high strung, action packed, stuffed thread, I regret to inform you that this isn't it.

That having being said if you are still interested then I encourage you to investigate further. By clicking the link you will be taken to the Aspers GUILD SPACE. Should you choose not to do that then at the very least please see the section entitled 'one more thing' below. Click the link to the directory before Rp'ing here.

About post styles and literacy

Alright...so...to not infringe on anyone's "freedom" right but to also appeal to my own wishes for this thread, simply post more than five lines. I understand that some people LOVE lengthly and wordy posts while others prefer simple posts. I understand that not all of you enjoy reading. I understand that everyone, including myself can be lazy or have writers blocks or encounter someone who doesn't inspire you to post something meaty back. However...I encourage detail. I aim to help others get better. Reading is a part of Rp'ing. I wont demand that you use location tags, but many find it very helpful. You do not have to use fancy borders, images, texts and other fancy post styles. Try to use proper spelling. Spacing your post in certain ways, posting in font 14+ to make your posts look longer doesn't work either, lol just a heads up.

Literacy

Literacy to me is someone who can read a post clearly and respond with detail that both pertains to the subject content and stays on topic. It is inspiring enough to keep posts going and has at least proper spelling.

http://dictionary.reference.com/ is very useful as is the thesaurus portion of the web site when one wishes to make their posts a little more colorful.

Literacy to me is NOT someone who fills their posts with big fancy words (doesn't know what they really mean) to the point where their posts no longer makes sense. Literacy to me is NOT when someone makes a post so bloody poetic that your speaking in another 'language' by which only the writer understands. Literacy to me is NOT when you post such a big post of redundant information in font 14+, and think that just because it looks long means your suddenly "literate".

Lastly and this is a big one: Think before you call someone or someone's thread "illiterate" Please look up the definition Literacy. Understand that when you slam someone's 'Literacy' your slamming their education and reading and writing skills. That they are unknowledgeable and unskilled and while sometimes this might be true, some people could have dyslexia or forms of it.
Frankly I'm sure your piss pot isn't that clean to be saying those sorts of things about others anyways. It has nothing to do with the length of your posts, the words used ( unless its chat speak and the like ), how long you've been on Gaia, how popular you are on Gaia and so forth. Be courteous, be kind and it will come back to you three fold...If not well... Karma can be a real b***h.

One Last Thing

Before you start Roleplaying I'd like for you to swing on over to 'The Directory'. Please read at the very least the Rules, FAQ, and NPC's. The rest of what is in the guild can be read at your leisure. Though, reading the rest will only be to your benefit and help you to better Rp here in the long run. To find all of this information please go HERE

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

The Directory ~ Rules, FaQ, NPC's.
Other goods ~ Information on TE's, The AMP.
Whos on the s**t list? ~ The Aspers Black List.
Holiday Events ~ A detailed listing of the holidays existinging in Port Thume.
Past/Current Plot Events ~ Information about major plot lines created by myself or other players.
Our Affiliates, Banner & Credit List ~ Information on who the Asper is affiliated with, Our banner, and who I give credit to.

Quick Reference Holiday Dates
December 31st/January 1st - Omisoka Shogatsu (new years eve & New Years Day Festival)
February 14th & 15th - koshogatsu (little new year)
March 3rd - Diamond Peach Festival
April 12th - Cherry Blossom festival
May - nothing
June - nothing
July 7th - Tanabata (Star festival)
August 15th - Mooncake festival
September - Nothing
October 30/31st - Pumpkin Harvest Festival
November 6th - Golden Pear Celebration
December 21st - Lilith Fae Fair

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Want me to advertise your Contest or Shop? Send me a PM and I will post it here for you!

Have you checked these guys out before? You should! I think they are pretty amazing and have already purchased a ton of stuff from these guys.

I am Onyx and I am a supporter of Gaia's mini shops!

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
heart Cuts ribbon or breaks a bottle over someones head - the Asper is now open for Rp! heart

Onyx stood behind the bar wiping down the new wood finish of the bar top with a little hum. The boat was anchored well, there was no rock to the boat as it sat on the docks.
Onyx ... a woman of 5'9 with sling silky black hair that fell to her thighs, found normally pinned up, large lips with a slender nose that had a scar running across it. Lean but very well toned, very curvaceous with a large chest had a taste for battle and blood. Her yellow topaz eyes held wonder and she had the air of someone who had seen many battles and many hard times. Like a diamond in the rough no one would ever guess that some of the titles she held were prestigious in any way.
Onyx was an assassin, kenshi she was apart of a theives guild and ran with pirates, a huntress and so much more. Onyx spoke with a feminine but slightly husked tone of voice, she was brassy and very forward but once the time had settled anyone could see that in her own way she did care.

She was a woman of many many secrets. Some good but many bad, this boat was one of those good ones. It was her baby and on this she had great memories, many raids, parties, and saw much of the world! She was happy to call Asper her second home. Home on the open waters while the Lost Nights was her home on Land.

Usually found wearing a kimono or some kind of assassin gear/armor onyx was always on the go...but not for today (pft i wish) She looked around with a little squee in her throat as her nose crinkled up. She was ecstatic to see her boat transformed into a tavern. She continues to wipe down the new counters and then moved to cleaning the dishware and putting them in their proper place. She also finished stocking the bar of all its booze.

Everything was so new smelling! The scent of fine wood was so inviting it was a wonder that this was a pirates ship! Every detail was set into place by her, she had dreamed about this for some time now and the satisfaction of seeing it a reality just made her so bloody happy. She was excited to share this with the others. She couldn't wait to tell them.
-Sol scampered around, exporing this new surrounding. he began looking for and making little nooks and crannies in the wood work. he'd soon lay claim here as he did LN-

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Onyx stopped and smiled "Sol?", she called out.

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
She could have swore she sensed sol's presence..."hm", she went before continuing her work.

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
After a long days of prepping and doing it all single handedly she got to relax. Everything was complete. She knew that this was going to tough all over again, just like before. If worse came to worse she'd just have to set sail and leave it all behind. Thats not what she wanted though. Onyx took a seat on the bar counter and opened herself up a glass of wine. Her delicate fingers that were attached to strong hands lifted the glass to her big lips.
"Cheers to me, happy grand opening", she then took a nice sip of her wine.

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Onyx put down her wine glass and went over to the juke box that sat near the bar and put something on. Anything as long as it wasnt silent. She went and sat back on top of the bar top and continued to sip at her wine, swinging her legs gently.
Li came aboard the ship smiling as he looked around." Wow so this was onyxs idea." He said looking around.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games