Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Regular

11,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
MystMist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~Lola~

Specialty Baker and Server

~The Flirt~

Lola clicked her tongue as she scooped the icing into her icing bag. "I think you need a cup of tea, a chocolate fudge cupcake and a massage to relax. Sure you have a lot to deal with right now but you know its worth it and that when we all get up it'll take some pressure off of you." Lola smiled at her. "Or you could get laid, that seems to relax me. Happy to help as well." Lola winked playfully. "I think you should tell him why you are upset though, that way the two of you can get past it and hopefully he wont do it again if he sees it REALLY bothers you." Lola began to ice the cupcakes now, moving in a spiral over the top of the cupcake. "Want a cupcake dear?" Lola smiled at her.

.::Give in to temptation, you might just like the sweetness of the forbidden::.

Food Eaten:
User Image

User Image: Chai

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Nora Sylph
Kitchen Manager and Writer

Nora sighs and look into Lola's eyes "Sure i need a cookie right now but i think it is more fun when i get mad and he escapes and i wasn't offended i only got angry and anger can be healthy sometimes" Nora shrugs and ignores Lola's second suggestion "Do you have a cupcake with pistachio icing or lemon icing?" looking around she decides to ask Lola "Do you think we should hire another cook? Our current one hasn't contacted the shop for a while and bakers are not cooks, no offense meant Lola but cooks go by their palette and improvise while bakers always should follow the recipe because baking is more of a science and could turn out more horribly by deviating than cooking."
Rogue_Logan

Fashionable Regular

11,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
MystMist
"Do you have a cupcake with pistachio icing or lemon icing? Do you think we should hire another cook? Our current one hasn't contacted the shop for a while and bakers are not cooks, no offense meant Lola but cooks go by their palette and improvise while bakers always should follow the recipe because baking is more of a science and could turn out more horribly by deviating than cooking.

~Lola~

~The Flirt~

Lola smiled and put down her icing bag. Walking to the walk in she slipped in for a few seconds and came back out with a premade lemon cupcake.User Image Lola put it on a small plate for her and set it in front of her before ruffling her hair gently. Lola went back to icing as she thought about the other question. "I am able to cook but I'm not going to be the cook for here. I say hire another and if the other comes back then we have two and they can share the responsibilities." Lola shrugged. "I mean look at me and Bobbi. We are both bakers and share the work load. She tends to do more of the every day for stocking where as I do large orders and parties and such but we work together as a team. If I get up before her I'll stock the displays. Only reason I havent yet is because its opening and I'm planning something special that I wanted to get a head start on." Lola smiled. "Besides that doesnt mean that cooking is ALL they can do. Look at me. I'm a baker AND a server.. though maybe bartending in the past helps with that.. but anyway one person can be more than one thing, so I say hire someone for the spot that you need filled."

Food Eaten:
User Image

User Image: Chai

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Barbara Knight:Baker

Barbara stretched her arms, then her back in hopes to soothe her aching muscles from sleeping in a booth.

"...*Yawn,* Morning you guys."

Feline Friend

αιкσ sυммєяs

• art student/cafe regular •

❝tell me a story...❞

Aiko thanked Nora, and sat happily eating her waffles, savouring the delicios strawberries. Once finished, she pushed the plate away slightly, and started on the hot chocolate, idly flicking through her sketchbook as she did so.

Inspiration suddenly struck and she pulled a pencil from her bag and started sketching. She smiled to herself as the figure took shape on the page. Her OC, Arrow, remained one of Aiko's favourite things to draw. She sat back satisfied when the rough sketch was done; she'd ink it later, and then scan it into her computer to colour it. Happily, she sipped the remainders of her hot chocolate, admiring the street outside, and idly peoplewatching.

((ooc; Hello again! I had a nap and I feel much better, only my chest is rattling now ;w; ))

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Nora Sylph

Nora looks up from munching on her lemon cupcake "No problem Barb i have been here all the time and some of the other workers too and if you are looking for Moo then he is hiding in his room" Nora looked at Ai who was happily eating her meal and drawing. Nora decided to relax a little and start to draw some poetry.
Captain Dory

Fashionable Regular

11,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Captain Dory

~Lola~

~The Flirt~

Lola saw Bobbi flash into the kitchen and chuckled as she iced her cupcakes. "Hey Bobbi, you mind stocking the display case this morning?" Lola smiled at her softly, she was happy the girl was going to classes for baking. Lola had an older brother who taught her everything, he went to school for it, so she got all the training in shorter time and for free. Lola moved from cupcake to cupcake with her red icing bag.

Food Eaten:
User ImageUser Image: Chai

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Rogue_Logan
Captain Dory

~Lola~

~The Flirt~

Lola saw Bobbi flash into the kitchen and chuckled as she iced her cupcakes. "Hey Bobbi, you mind stocking the display case this morning?" Lola smiled at her softly, she was happy the girl was going to classes for baking. Lola had an older brother who taught her everything, he went to school for it, so she got all the training in shorter time and for free. Lola moved from cupcake to cupcake with her red icing bag.

Food Eaten:
User ImageUser Image: Chai

Barbara Knight: Baker

"Sure. Oh and good morning Nora. At least I'm not the only one late." Barbara answered as she caught her breath. Barb grabbed the tray of delicious looking cupcakes, and walked up to the display case. She saw some of the regulars already sitting at their designated tables reading either a comic they had started, or a new comic. Barb knew most of their regulars would come out when it started to get dark though, which she thought was funny. Carefully she balanced the tray on her hand as she opened the display, and began to carefully place the cupcakes inside.

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Nora Sylph

Nora having had a long day went back to her room and went to sleep
((ooc:my cold is making me feel really terrible so thats it for me today see you all tomorrow.))

Feline Friend

αιкσ sυммєяs

• art student/cafe regular •

❝tell me a story...❞

Flicking through the pages of her book idly, Aiko looked up and gazed around the cafe, savouring the calm, peaceful atmosphere. She tugged her navy blue cardigan closer to herself, and pushed her glasses back up her nose. Her phone vibrated and she jumped a little, fumbling for the Blackberry she knew was in her bag somewhere. Eventually she retrieved it. 'It's sort of depressing, the only message you get all day being from the phone company' she sighed to herself, replacing the phone in her bag, and leaning back in her seat.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
мσσ
owner & proprietor

Moo sensed that it was safe once more to walk his halls, so he headed back downstairs and took a stool at the bar again, drumming his fingers on the counter top.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Barbara Knight:Baker

Barbara walked back into the kitchen, empty cupcake tray in hand. She noticed that they were running low on the coffee cake. Quickly she gathered the ingrediants, and tools of the trade needed. It was then she spotted her manager.

"Morning Moo!"

Vicious Pants

User Image
              xxx εɪɢн ʗ ɑʀsoɴ xxxXXXxxx
                          barista

Leigh slipped in through the open doors as quietly as possible. She couldn't draw any attention to herself mainly because she was an employee and not quite as early as she should've been. With her head still down, Leigh crept into behind the counter, where she was supposed to be. Faking a cheery attitude, she waved at Moo and used every bit of her confidence to mutter the words: "Hi Moo!" like the Baker Barbara had a second before.

She bit her lip. That sounded nothing like Barbara had said. What the baker had said sounded honest and cheery, and what the barista had said sounded dull and awkward. She had to do better next time.

Still dwelling on that thought, Leigh rested her head on her palm and used the other hand to draw imaginary lines of a rose on the counter. The only thing she was good at - which was decided a few years back - is drawing things with her fingers.

[o.o.c. I'm sorry, that was pretty bad. >< ]

sunset to sunrise
                                                                                      morning to midnight
                                                                                          this is my goodbye

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
мσσ
owner & proprietor

Chuckling, Moo hid his grin behind his mug. "I would ask how business is today, girls. But see as how everyone left already, because there was no service here..." He said in an adopted scolding tone.

Beloved Lunatic

16,150 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
Lumina Danglars
The New Girl In Town/Server

Lumina busied herself with moving more pastries to and from the kitchen to the display case until it was fully filled. Humming to herself she watched her fellow employees arrive and start going about their business. "Are you done with the plate and mug hun?" Mina smiled at Aiko nodding to her empty plate and cup. "Or would you like a refill of hot chocolate?" She turned her head to spot Moo having overcome his fear of the manager and once again sitting on the stool.

velvet elvis

OOC: I'm here~ ♥

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas