Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chibirb's Princess

Friendly Cutie-Pie

23,975 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Mademoiselle Alvinette
ℓιℓץ has been reborn as a new person?User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lilianne ℓιℓץ

❖Ugggh! So many questions! You know I can't just flat out tell you everything! All I know is that Rin, Len and Miku work under me. That lucky Rinka is spared by Lento who is the boss over all of us. If I remember... the guy above Lento is... a name of a primary color or something... He replaced a guy who died awhile back. Vampires...❖
She rolled her eyes.
❖Not like I have anything against Molly or May or whatever. I don't even think I'm allowed to.❖

"All of a sudden I'm lost in a room painted black."
 Locked in Irregular's cell.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

Natalie needs a mocha right about now.

✥ ✥
Natalie's face paled, and a litany of cusswords crossed her mind at a rapid-fire pace. RIGHT when she'd begun to get out of thinking Molly's mother was behind every bad thing that was happening around here, here was more evidence that the woman had a ridiculously long reach. A primary color? Replacing another guy who'd died? Gads! And thanks to Molly, we know for a FACT that Red's replacement is just a figurehead and Lorri Mollina'te is really pulling the strings! Unless, by coincidence or miracle, this new person has gone rogue and isn't taking orders from Madame Mollina'te.

She took a few very deep breaths to try to slow her way-too-fast heart rate. Was this whole thing with Lily and her friends just a setup from the beginning? Was the endgame to lure agents out of hiding, since the villains knew that the Agency would be on the case? Truce or no truce, Natalie did not trust Lorri Mollina'te or her subordinates not to try something sneaky, like luring certain agents into investigating seemingly unrelated crimes away from the cafe. This could be a disaster...

"Lily...I really need to go inside, right now. I'm on call at work, so I can't stray too far away from home. Do you...want to come inside with me for a little while so we can talk some more?" she asked. There was no way Natalie was going to stay outside now and let the vampires smell her blood. Molly's warning echoed through her mind. "They can smell it....The reason Red tracked us down so easily...it was you, Natalie..." As long as she was in the cafe, she was safe until after Moo and Julie's wedding. But it hadn't been a good idea leaving the sanctuary of the building after all, except that now she had some clues...
✥ ✥

"If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

Pink in Style
Dom walks in and looks around and with his bass case in hand and goes to his usual seat and takes his bass out and starts playing a happy melody

Dapper Fatcat

Drew ran more than wandered into the cafe this time, looking slightly worse than wear than before. And by slightly, it really just meant Drew was still wearing the same jeans and leather jacket and gloves, except this time there were some scratches on his face and there were a few spots on his neck and hands where he hadn't washed the ashes off well enough.

Elenia had found him. She was a woman in her mid-fifites, the grandmotherly type who'd convinced Drew to tag along in an American League of Superheroes incident, and of course Drew had gone along. The perfect idiot.

It was only after everything had gone to s**t that Drew realized Elenia's whole power revolved around calming people, and Drew had stomped off angrily. He hadn't really been paying attention as his feet brought him to the cafe.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

✥ ✥
Natalie felt that she had little time to lose; the longer she stayed outside the sanctuary of the cafe, the more likely it was that she would wind up in the clutches of the people who were controlling Lily even now. "Lily, you're still welcome to come inside with me and talk some more," she said gently. "You're probably freezing out here, and it's nice and warm in the cafe. And we can get you a mocha or something. I'm gonna go ahead and head inside now. You don't have to come in with me, but...you can if you want to."

Natalie turned and quickly headed back to the cafe, hoping that Lily would follow and give her some more information. As she opened the front door and stepped inside, she spotted two other customers who'd come in while she had been outside talking to Lily. Dom was there playing a happy song on his bass.

"I like that song!" she said, smiling and waving at the talented musician.

Drew was also here...wearing the same outfit and gloves from yesterday and looking like he'd been attacked by cats in a burning building.

"Drew, are you okay?" she asked, rushing over to see if the poor guy was all right. "I know that's probably a dumb question, but...there's a first-aid kit behind the bar and I can help you get your wounds cleaned up and stuff. So they don't get infected or anything." And hopefully you might be willing to talk about what happened? she thought.
✥ ✥

Pink in Style

domsmooth25

le misanthrope
"Thank you" dom said smiling under his hood

Dapper Fatcat

"Hi Natalie," Drew greeted with a broad grin, scuffing a foot against the floor and still running off the high of adrenaline. He thought joining the American League of Superheroes was the dumbest thing anyone could do - just singing up was like singing a death warrant to Drew, or at the very least a 'willing to be permanently maimed' certificate. Elenia had talked him into the brief field trip however... and even though Drew was technically still furious with her for using her calming influence, he couldn't help but admit that he felt a certain sort of rush from just barely escaping the building with his life.

It was part of the reason why he'd fled so quickly - that adrenaline... (the other was simply because Drew had a self-preservation skill more developed than the rest of the heroes at the League.)

"I uh - y'know, the little sister is taking her first chemistry class," he rolled his eyes and shrugged. "Thought I'd escape babysitting duty and drop by."

//// sorry i cannot quote anyone and sorry if things are real sproadic right now im kinda drunk so ... yay rping!!!

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

✥ ✥
Natalie whistled. "Dang, that's a heckuva chemistry class she's in!" she exclaimed half-jokingly as she got out the first-aid kit and brought it over to where Drew was. "Either that or she's just really bad at it...my lab partner in high-school chem class wasn't good at following directions. He almost blew up the lab twice...and then finally the teacher said, 'Why don't you let Natalie do the experiments from now on?'" She chuckled. But she was thinking, Those wounds...that ain't no chemistry class, at least not a basic chemistry class. I've never seen a lab accident that would create wounds like that, even with my crazy lab partner!

"Okay, have a seat," she said, putting the first-aid kit on a table and opening it. "And just as a fair warning: I'm about to clean the wounds and it's gonna sting like the devil. Just thought I'd tell you so you'd be expecting it."

She noticed that Dom was wearing a hood over his head today, and she was wondering why that was. Probably none of my business, but he might tell me about it later...
✥ ✥

((Off Of Covert-ops: I'm just not feeling well in general (kind of having a sick day today), so I probably won't make sense! blaugh ))

le misanthrope

domsmooth25

Dapper Fatcat

Drew sat as Natalie bade him too and gave a half-shrug. "I think he's new, and trying to... make kids interested, or something. At least, he's definitely set stuff on fire the first day." The young man rolled his yes and pushed Elenia and the rest of the stupdi League out of his head. "I wish my teacher'd done that on my first day," he admitted.

Shift slightly in the seat, he tried to make it easier for Natalie to help him, and did his best not to flinch. Drew wasn't exactly a stranger to pain - he'd broken a few bones playing hockey - but he wasn't exactly used to exploding buildings and doing s**t in the name of the Greater Good. Caps intended.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

✥ ✥
"Man, I wish *I* had had a teacher like that!" Natalie replied with a grin as she continued to clean Drew's wounds. "Although she was pretty cool in her own right. She had some fun stories, and she always wore a tie-dyed lab coat to class every day. And then, of course, there was the sick sense of humor she displayed in putting mild-mannered me with a lab partner who was the craziest pyro in the class. I used to wonder if she was trying to see if she could give me a heart attack in class or something. But everybody survived, and it sure was an interesting year!"

After she finished cleaning the wounds, she stepped back for a second and surveyed her work. "There's a couple of scratches that might need Band-Aids on them, but at least I don't think you need to go to the ER for stitches," she mused. She gave him a closer look. "I noticed you have ashes on you...do have any burns anywhere? I don't see any at first glance, but maybe that's because the ash smudges are covering them. I just don't want to miss anything and then find out that you had to go to the hospital because the first responder was negligent!"
✥ ✥

le misanthrope

Dapper Fatcat

He ran fingers through his hair sheepishly. "Thanks, Natalie," Drew said awkwardly, not really sure how this had happened. He'd really just come in for another mocha (those drinks really were something) and for a break from Elenia's relentless calm. Drew as nearly certain if he spent another day in the middle-aged woman's company, he'd be signed up to be the next stupid tights-wearing superhero and running around risking his life before he could even tell his sister Lizzie what had happened.

"[b}You did a great job, patching me up," Drew said confidently, mostly because he did not want to go to the ER later... and because his injuries really were minor, and Natalie had done just fine helping him out. "I don't think the hospital admits idiots who indulged their little sisters in chemistry," he said with mock-sober humor.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

✥ ✥
Natalie had to laugh at Drew's joke, though she still wasn't sure she bought the chemistry-class story. His sister being in a chemistry class might cause HER to get injured, but that would be at school, not at home where her brother would be. Maybe it was a school that had different teaching methods, but the public schools Natalie had attended, and the university where she'd completed her studies, did not give take-home chem-lab projects. All the work was done in the lab, and by the students, without the aid of their brothers...

"Somethin' else bothering you?" she asked, closing the first-aid kit back up. "I mean, it's okay if you don't want to talk about it, but you look like you've just had the worst day ever, even more than the chemistry-lab mishap."
✥ ✥

le misanthrope

((Off Of Covert-ops: I'm getting sleepy and will probably only be good for a couple more posts. 3nodding ))

Dapper Fatcat

"Just, uh, my sister," Drew confided. He was generally a pretty open guy, and what was the harm in talking to a stranger about his problems? The lesser of them, anyway - plus, they worked as a good screen for his most recent issues. "She's doing the whole boyfriend thing right now, on top of bringing her science projects home..."

He trailed off and waved a hand dismissively. "I mean, I am ten years older than her, so I guess she's got a point when she calls me a prude dinosaur." Drew sighed. "Sorry, I didn't mean to bother you. Thanks for helping me out, Natalie - I should probably get back before my house burns down."

Drew chuckled awkwardly and got to his feet.

//
i'm actually p tired now so i'm off to bed !!

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

✥ ✥
Drew claimed that his problem was just his sister with her chemistry projects and her boyfriend, but Natalie just wasn't too sure about that. He was way too nervous in the way he delivered those lines. But she would play along; if she didn't pry, maybe he would eventually open up on his own.

So instead she smiled and said, "Heh, if she thinks you're a prude dinosaur, she'd probably say the same thing about me! Teenagers!" She smirked and rolled her eyes dramatically. "And you didn't bother me at all! Really. I'm just glad your injuries were minor and that I could treat them instead of having to call EMS. And...I hope you guys won't have any more accidents! See ya around!" she finished with a wave as Drew made his way to the door.

After he left, she sat there thinking. Probably just a figure of speech referring to a "house," but earlier this week he explained his gloves by saying he got a rope burn from climbing out of his fifth-story apartment. So is he just in the habit of calling his apartment a "house"--and a lot of people do; it's not really that unusual--or is this a sign that he's lying? The little inconsistencies in some of his statements, combined with that nervous and jumpy manner in which he delivers said statements, all point to "he's covering up something." Question is...what?

And then there was that huge news-bomb Lily had dropped on her head, out of the blue. So the person who was in charge of making Lily and her friends commit a crime spree all over Gaia was...Red's successor? That made things very interesting, to say the least. Natalie still couldn't help but wonder if the whole crime spree was engineered to lure agents out of hiding so that the enemy could strike...

She put the first-aid kit away behind the counter and then moved to her favorite armchair in the corner of the comics section, where she could text the Agency without being seen. She pulled out her phone and wrote a quick missive:

As you know because of my transmitter, my walk this afternoon was cut short by my meeting a distraught Lily in the street beside the cafe. She confided to me that the person controlling her and her friends was a vampire whose moniker is the name of a primary color and who is the successor to another vampire who is now dead. If what she is saying is true (and if this particular vampire has not gone rogue), the crime spree committed by the B.A.D Crew might be a trap set by the power behind Red for this agency to lure out the agents investigating the case. I went inside almost immediately on that realization and invited Lily to talk with me more inside, but she did not follow. I apologize for my insistence on going for a walk this evening, as it may have compromised everyone. Perhaps, though, a silver lining might be seen here: At least we now have a lead, and more pieces for the puzzle.

In other news, while I was outside, Dom came in wearing a hood over his head, and Drew Boyd also returned with ashes in various spots, scratches on his face, and wearing the same outfit as yesterday, complete with gloves. While cleaning his wounds, I asked him about what happened, and he claimed that his sister was taking chemistry and had caused an accident while showing him an experiment. However, the nervous way in which he said this (and the same way he said that he was frazzled because of his sister's chemistry class and her boyfriend) leaves me to suspect that he might be covering up something. I just don't know what yet. He just left a few minutes ago.

Further bulletins as events warrant.
~N

After the missive was sent, Natalie picked up one of the comics about the time-travelling detective, intending to push her worries out of her mind for at least a few minutes. And she also hadn't forgotten that she supposedly (and hopefully) had a date to plan...
✥ ✥

((Off Of Covert-ops: Yeah, me too! Sleepytime! Good night! ^_^))

le misanthrope
Dom had snapped back to his senses and realized he stopped playing so I started playing a slow melody

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff