Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Fatcat

"Who can say no to chocolate?" Drew asked rhetorically - though frankly, Julie's idea of adding jelly beans put him off again. In an attempt to be polite, he took a sip to hide his grimace at her outlandish ideas - and nearly spewed the whole mouthful.

Coughing as everything went down the wrong pipe, he didn't even bother to try to come up with an excuse for that one.

Trying for a joke (as soon as he could breathe properly again) Drew forced a laugh. "My sister wishes."

But actually - that was the problem.

Robayn

mademoiselle alvinette

Vicious Pants

le misanthrope
Mademoiselle Alvinette
Robayn

User Image
User Image

Leigh blushed at the response she had gotten from both Julie, Natalie and even from Drew, whom she's never met. "Oh, hey guys." she said, trying to cool her cheeks. She still wasn't used to people, even though she practically lives with 2 now.

"Congratulations, Julie!" Leigh said, "And I'd love to stay for the wedding. I'm tempted to stay for longer, but New York and all that fancy stuff, I don't know." Leigh stopped to think. Well, all she did was take pictures. She could do anywhere, right? Maybe she would take up Julie's offer after all!

"And my mochas weren't that good, were they?" Leigh said, blushing again. Natalie and Julie were being too kind! "And yeah, Natalie, of course I remember you!" she grinned. She wouldn't forget any one of the people at the cafe, that was for sure!

Leigh half-dreaded meeting a new person. It wasn't the person, because Drew was sure nice enough, it was Leigh. She just started flailing and stuttering when she met someone new! "Um- hi. Nice to m-meet you, Drew." Leigh smiled, probably looking really weird and uncomfortable, which definitely wasn't Drew's fault... Just Leigh's anti-social tendencies. Natalie shook his hands, but Leigh knew if she shook Drew's hands, she'd managed to make it the creepiest handshake he's ever had. So Leigh settled with a wave.

Conversation started around a woman, named Mina. She was not someone Leigh was acquainted with, and Leigh - being the curious and impulsive girl she was - couldn't help but ask. "Mina?"

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500

User Image

Julie grimaced at Drew's coughing fit, bracing herself for the poor guy to keel over dead any minute now. She should have never started convincing herself that anything good would ever come from her being involved with food preparation, even if it was just a mocha. She was about to start really freaking out, yelling for a medic, when he miraculously started speaking again. Sighing in visible relief, Julie ran a hand through her wavy hair and said, "Well, it wouldn't be the craziest idea in this place... but it would be the coolest!" She couldn't deny being slightly disappointed that he wasn't a super hero... or was he? She leveled a scrutinizing eye at him as she considered that most superheroes didn't admit to being them, so by denying it he was more likely to actually be one! If she stared at him long enough then he might reveal something strange or super that would reveal the truth...

Then Leigh chimed in and Julie forgot all about her investigation. "Mina's a girl that started coming around pretty regularly up until a few days ago. She was even helping with the wedding planning, but she left me a note one morning saying that she wasn't going to be able to be around for a bit. It was kind of weird.. she is really outrageous, though. I'm pretty sure she was flirting with anything that had legs around here."

User Image

le misanthrope
mademoiselle alvinette
spottedteddybears

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

Natalie needs a mocha right about now.

✥ ✥
"Oh gosh, I'd love a mocha! Thanks!" Natalie replied to Julie, beaming. "And I'm not too sure about adding jelly beans to a mocha, but M&Ms for DOUBLE CHOCOLATE? Sounds like a plan to me!"

She grinned as Drew asked the rhetorical question of 'who can say no to chocolate?' "Certainly not me!" she said. "I've got such a weakness for chocolate that Nora, the kitchen manager, actually felt the need to warn me not to take chocolate from strangers this Valentine's Day! Yeah, I've definitely got a habit..." Probably wasn't the best thing for a spy to admit to a total stranger, but anyone who hung around this cafe for more than five minutes could figure out that Natalie Pierce had a chocolate habit, so why not be honest about that, even though she had to keep so many other things under cover?

She then saw something else interesting: Drew's expression--and choking on his mocha--as Julie asked if he was a superhero...

Leigh was insisting that Julie and Natalie must be exaggerating on how good her mochas were, and Natalie immediately cut in with, "No way! I may have a chocolate habit, but I don't drink junk! Your mochas were awesome!"

And then Leigh asked about Mina. "Oh yeah, what Julie said! She started coming in a few days ago, and she's a pretty cool person. She's a shameless flirt with girls and guys, but when you actually start talking to her past all the innuendo she throws out, she knows a lot of really cool things and is a fun person to be around. I hope she comes around so you can meet her. But be warned...she WILL make inappropriate comments, and they probably WILL make your face turn red..."
✥ ✥

"If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

Robayn

le misanthrope

Spottedteddybears

Dapper Fatcat

// alright guys i'm off to bed. pretend drew made a beeline for the exit after that superhero thing. and was really polite about it.

Survivor

13,900 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Party Machine 500

(( I'm out too... we can say that Julie went to make a mocha, ended up somehow making it explode cream, hot water, and chocolate syrup, and she started flailing, crying, and freaking out enough that she decided a shower and bed were in order~ night gals... and AWESOME to see you, Spotted and Tes ^__^ ))

le misanthrope
// alright guys i'm off to bed. pretend drew made a beeline for the exit after that superhero thing. and was really polite about it.

le misanthrope

spottedteddybears

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
le misanthrope
Natalie the spy is going to be racking her brains trying to figure out the mystery of Drew. mrgreen But she'd be the last person in the world to get judgey, since she's got mutant/supernatural blood and is getting targeted because of it. So...yeah. Anyway...good night! ^_^

Robayn
Poor Julie! Making the kitchen blow up! rofl Teehee! Good night!

((And I'll be online for a couple more hours if anybody wants to play.))

Vicious Pants

le misanthrope
Mademoiselle Alvinette
Robayn

User Image
User Image

Leigh smiled at Natalie's comment about her mochas. She waved her hands, as if waving away the compliment. "Aw, geez Natalie. Thanks, though." she said. All in all, Leigh was really happy that she was reunited with these amazing people.

She frowned at the talk of Mina though. It sounded like such a strange case. A regular, then suddenly leaving with only a note left? Definitely sounds strange, but maybe something came up. Natalie's comment on the mysterious Mina's... talking habits, to say the least, made Leigh blush. "Well, she sure sounds like a fun person, where ever she is now." she said, forcing a smile over all her blushing. Mina wasn't even around, and Leigh's face was already red!

Suddenly, though, Drew announced that he had to leave. Had Leigh really scared him off that much? Drew got up and left before Leigh could even wave goodbye. Yeah, Leigh probably scared him off. Or maybe her reactions were just slow..

Julie got up as well, apparently deciding to make a mocha. It didn't go very well. Leigh grimaced as Julie tried to calm herself down and then off to shower she went, leaving Natalie and Leigh alone. Leigh smiled at Natalie, trying to laugh at Julie's mocha disaster as politely as possible. Laugh without making it look like you're laughing. The result was a disastrous grimace, probably scaring Natalie off too.

[o.o.c. I had too much fun writing Julie's mocha-making scene... And then I deleted it because it was probably going to be too embarrassing for her, Robayn. xD
                                      Night, guys! <3]

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

✥ ✥
Natalie tried not to let her eyes widen as Drew made a sudden beeline for the exit, suspiciously soon after Julie had flustered him by asking him if he was a superhero. Now why did that comment stick in his craw so much? He was acting almost like I did the first couple of times I got made as a spy. That's...interesting, to say the least... "Dang..." she murmured.

And then Julie got up and tried to make a mocha...and wound up making a huge mess and making a beeline for her room!

Leigh was redfaced and grimacing...and then trying to hide giggles. And...it was at that point that Natalie completely lost her composure, bursting into a fit of giggles. "Oh my---I can barely breathe!" she gasped out between chortles. "I--I--I know I shouldn't laugh, but---it--was--like something--from 'I Love Lucy!' And then--when you were trying not to laugh I couldn't hold in my giggles any longer!" She took a few deep breaths, trying to make the giggling subside. "I'm sorry...I guess I just needed a laugh!"
✥ ✥

Spottedteddybears

Vicious Pants

Mademoiselle Alvinette
User Image
User Image
                                      After all the events, Drew's quick leave and Julie's disaster, Natalie started laughing. Laughing like crazy. Leigh burst, joining in. After a while, when Leigh was almost certain Julie could hear them from her room, the giggles subsided and left Natalie and Leigh both breathless and red-faced. "You're right... Those giggled felt good!" Leigh said, smiling.

"Well, I'm a little tired myself, so I should probably get going. Julie did offer a room, I guess I'd accept her hospitality." Leigh said, smiling. "Bye, Natalie! It's so great to see you again!"

Leigh waved at Natalie, dragging her a tad bit oversized messenger bag for travelling and heading to her room, which was apparently untouched for the months she was gone.

[o.o.c. I probably should get going to, before I fall asleep on my keyboard! Night, Alv! <3]

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

✥ ✥
Finally, Leigh and Natalie's giggles subsided, and they were redfaced and trying to breathe again. Leigh announced that she was a little tired and going upstairs.

"'Night, Leigh! It's great seeing you again too!" Natalie said, and Leigh went upstairs and left Natalie alone with her thoughts.

The first thing she did was type a quick missive to the Agency on her phone, just in case she fell asleep in a chair or something. They needed to know what she had observed of Drew Boyd.

One patron from yesterday, the blond-haired man, returned to the cafe this evening, introducing himself to me as Drew Boyd. He wore leather gloves the entire time and acted very nervous, especially when Julie mentioned comic books. She jokingly asked him if he was a superhero, and at this point he looked very flustered and nearly choked on his mocha, before finally making an offhand comment that his sister wished he was a superhero. There is not enough evidence to jump to any conclusions yet, but it seems that this cafe continues to draw, by and large, people of unusual and diverse backgrounds and abilities (myself included).

In other news, wedding preparations are still continuing, and Mina has not returned. Julie was even asking whether I had seen Mina, but there has been no sign of her. Frankly, I am worried about Mina, and about the possibility that though she herself has a good heart, the people she may be working for probably do not.

Finally, Leigh Carsen, the former barista here, has returned for Julie and Moo's wedding and is staying in her old room upstairs.

Further bulletins as events warrant.
~N

After the missive was sent, Natalie put her phone away and went to look at comic books. That one she'd been reading about the time-traveling detective made her think of Joe, and she found her mind wandering to that date he'd asked her out on...

A little while later, she couldn't stop yawning, so she went upstairs, locked herself in her room, and got ready for bed. And as usual, she was asleep almost as soon as she turned out the light.
✥ ✥

Spottedteddybears
Good night! ^_^

((Bedtime for me! See everybody tomorrow! (Well, as long as we have Internet tomorrow. Our Internet loves to mess up on Fridays, for some reason. sweatdrop )))

Chibirb's Princess

Friendly Cutie-Pie

23,975 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
ℓιℓץ has been reborn as a new person?User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lilianne ℓιℓץ

Sitting on the next rooftop over again... Lily's skirt was fluttering a bit in the wind. Today, Lily and Miku had to rob 3 new places to pick up for Rin's getting sick. And Rin was even worse now since she had been forced to go with Len to a few other places. Lily was exhausted and struggled to hide her interest in the card.
❖My my my... I would've never thought that these people would be getting married... I bet Lily would be happy.❖
Lily looked down at the card... why were things getting so serious? This was supposed to be once a day thing. Now it was...
❖Hash... This whole job has gotten harder and more annoying.❖
She jumped off the roof and sat down on the street by the cafe and curled up into a little ball. She sniffled a bit.

"All of a sudden I'm lost in a room painted black."
 Locked in Irregular's cell.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

✥ ✥
Natalie had been going stir-crazy sitting at the cafe and not being allowed back at the office. She had been on the phone this morning begging her superiors to let her go back to work, even for just a few hours, but they had told her that her orders to stay at the cafe had come directly from Joe Moore and couldn't be overturned. Finally, though, she had gotten permission to go for a walk. A short walk. Just around the block and then straight back into the cafe. It had been a hard-won battle, but at least she would finally be able to go somewhere, even if just for a little while.

"I just hope nobody gets a whiff of my blood and decides to try anything..." Natalie muttered. She made doubly sure she was armed and that her transmitter was on. Then, stepping out the door, she said, "Thanks for giving me a chance to get out a little bit, guys," and she meant it. She also was not dumb enough to disobey direct orders, especially when doing so meant lives in the balance, so she stuck to the block around the cafe. However, when she rounded the first corner to go down the side street next to the cafe, she saw someone she shouldn't have been surprised to see, but was still a little shocked at seeing all the same.

"L-Lily?" she asked gently, approaching the girl, who appeared to be crying. "I don't know if you know me when you're like this--I still don't know much about how this stuff works when you're under the chip's control--but it's me. Natalie. Nuts."
✥ ✥

Pink in Style

Chibirb's Princess

Friendly Cutie-Pie

23,975 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Noble Shade 100
Mademoiselle Alvinette
ℓιℓץ has been reborn as a new person?User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lilianne ℓιℓץ

The door next to her opened and she heard... ugh, happy voices. Hearing who it was, Natalie, she looked up, her eyes slightly red, but she didn't look like she had been crying, except she had been a little. She stood up and looked away.
❖Yeah I know who you are... But you should know that I am not the Lily you know.❖
Lily looked down and shook her head.
❖She's locked up in Irregular's cell... Now I bet you are wondering why I'm telling you. Well, I hate my job! THAT'S WHY! We've been working harder and harder and Rin keeps getting worse! HOW COULD THEY WORK HER SO HARD WHEN SHE'S SO SICK?! Poor Len has been worrying day and night over her! Miku has stopped smiling and her own hair is being stained black! Our last hope of optimism...❖
She shook her head again. Small tears formed in her eyes, but she flicked them away immediately.

"All of a sudden I'm lost in a room painted black."
 Locked in Irregular's cell.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

xXxNatalie PiercexXx
☜♥☞

✥ ✥
Lily HAD been crying. The red eyes were a dead giveaway, even if she tried to hide it. Natalie listened, concerned, as Lily explained what had been happening, how she and her friends were being forced against their will to commit crimes, and how even Rin had been forced to work while she was sick.

"Lily...this is important," Natalie began, looking into Lily's eyes. "I don't know if you even know any of these details, but...if you want to be able to stop working for these people, whoever they are...if you want to save yourself and everyone else...I need to you talk to me, just like you are now. Tell me everything you know, everything you can think of, even if you don't think it's important. Even little things could be important details. Where is Irregular's holding cell where you guys are being kept? And...do you know who's behind it all, who's forcing you to work? Even if you don't know their names, can you tell me anything about them? How many there are, what they look like, anything?" Natalie really didn't know how much Lily could tell her, but any lead was better than no lead.
✥ ✥

Pink in Style

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces