Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Fatcat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Alivia was about to laugh out loud, but she quickly remembered where she was and cupped a hand over her mouth. Though no sounds came out, you could tell that her eyes were smiling. Natalie and Merri are so brave! I wish I wasn't so conscious about what other people thought of me. Feeling like she could speak again, she withdrew her hand and let it rest on the counter. "Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only one! The popular girls were going all gaga over this fashion magazine at school the other day, therefore the majority of the female student body followed; and most of the stuff the models wore just looked freaky! I mean... who would wear that kind of stuff in public?"

(( I think it'll be alright. And if Jeffrey comes back online we can have a fun group discussion about screwing discomfort for the sake of fashion! 8'D ))
Mademoiselle Alvinette

Tiny Inquisitor

(( kdjflkjdf Sorry!! Let me just catch up weh ))

Calea

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image "Truly! And what you see on the runways is even worse! Yipes! How does anybody make money off that stuff?" she laughed. "If I had a time machine, I think I'd visit the '20s, '30s, '40s, and '50s and buy evening gowns and hats and gloves. Oh, and I'd stop over at a beauty shop in the '40s and get my hair done," she added with a grin. "But designers these days...no THANK you!"

((A group discussion would be so much fun! XD ))

Calea

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

Merri, Merri, quite c o n t r a r y !
How does your g a r d e n grow?

Merri listened to the two talk about the oddities of fashion. "At least you guys never accidentally started a fashion trend." He remarked, finally finishing his soup. He was still a little stuffy - but it was obvious that the soup had helped tackle the allergies, coupled with whatever he'd taken earlier.

With Orson Welles on red oak s h e l v e s ,
and back-issue c o m i c s all in a row?____

Calea

Mademoiselle Alvinette"

Shirtless Fatcat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Yeah, their clothing and hair make SO much more sense than the ones the current designers make! And--" Alivia caught wind of Merri's words and whizzed her head to face the book keeper. She felt her jaw drop. "YOU started a fashion trend? How cool is that, Merri?!" Alivia straightened up and her eyes grew wider. Her growing attentiveness was a sign that she wanted to know every single detail.

Jeffrey M Roth

Mademoiselle Alvinette"

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image "Yes, do tell!" Natalie chimed in. "I want to hear about how you started a trend, Merri!"

Calea

Jeffrey M Roth

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

"It wasn't really that cool." Merri admonished, face turning a bright shade of red. "It was more of an accident, really. Anyways, one day my sweater got stuck on my locker and ripped. So I went to home ec class, and made my sweater really short - it was like to here," he placed his hand on the spot just above his belly button, "And used some spare fabric to hem the sweater so it wouldn't unravel. I wore it for a week, and then all of a sudden every popular girl had one." Merri sighed and shook his head. "They called them 'Christmas Sweaters' because... Well, Merri Christmas was kind of my nerd name."

Merri's awkward highschool years were always hard to relay to people...

Calea

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image "Aww, bless your heart!" Natalie replied, truly sympathetic. "At least they liked what you did...and at least you're out of high school now so you don't have to worry about what idiots think of you!"

As for herself, Natalie was thankful that the boys' middle-school habit of calling her "Nat the Gnat" had ceased by the time she got to high school...and they learned that she could call them very mean names in French.

Jeffrey M Roth

Shirtless Fatcat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Pff... ahaha--!" Alivia couldn't help but giggle, but she quickly cleared her throat in respect to Merri. However, a smile remained plastered on her face. Merri Christmas! Why hadn't I thought of that before? Looking over to Natalie to see her reaction, hers was that of sympathy, and Alivia suddenly felt bad about giggling just now. Laughing aside, she clenched her fists and her face became one full of amazement. "S.. sorry Merri, but that's still pretty awesome, though! You got the popular kids to wear something you invented!"

Jeffrey M Roth

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

"The only thing that came out of that was someone asking to buy my sweater." Merri said, shrugging his shoulders. In truth he'd tried his hardest to stay out of people's way, and be helpful. It had backfired utterly much to his dismay. The brunette was surprised by the different reactions the ladies gave him. "I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything big. And I got a new sweater out of the cash I made when I sold the one I'd doctor'd."

"I... never understood fashion. But I guess it keeps people from going around naked, so it must be something we need." He wasn't sure how much more he could say. "I haven't seen my sweater since I graduated though - so I guess that's a good thing." Merri let out a nervous laugh and set his empty soup bowl down on the counter.

Calea

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image "Well, we all have our own favorite things," Natalie replied with a nod. "I love fashion...but in my own way. I take little bits and pieces from a lot of different styles and different eras. I watch way too many old detective movies, so my base tends to be kind of a neo-noir look. But at the same time, I love the red and black color palette of punk and goth, so instead of wearing a brown trench coat, I have a red one!" she laughed. "I dunno...I can't draw to save my life and I'm not a very good writer, so I guess I just view fashion as a way to express myself."

Jeffrey M Roth

Calea

Shirtless Fatcat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."That's true. But you know what I hate? "High fashion" clothes with weird designs and shapes being sold for ridiculous prices! Now that's something the world doesn't need." The red-head then stood up and decided to take a side trip to the display case. "All this talk about clothes is making me oddly hungry. Do you guys want anything from the food display? Oh... Merri, can you eat sweets right now?"

Jeffrey M Roth

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

"Hey, I could be dead and still eat sweets." Merri said jokingly, taking off his hat and scratching at the back of his head. "I don't know anyone who could afford 'high fashion'. I was always under the impression that those things were kind of for bragging rights - you know, 'look at this dress I made out of gingerbread and a walrus' kind of thing." In his experience, artists enjoyed putting their works on display simply so they could tell someone that they had created something. He somehow understood that, considering his own novel-in-progress.

"I guess my sense of fashion is to like whatever you guys are wearing, but still dress like a homeless toaster." he laughed at his own joke, shrugging his shoulders a little.

Calea

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image "Ugh, I know what you mean, you guys!" Natalie replied. "I could have MADE more attractive stuff than the runway nonsense when I was about seven and didn't know the first thing about sewing! Eesh! And Merri, you look fine. No more 'homeless toaster' comments, y'hear?" And with that, she had to stifle yet another yawn. She was definitely feeling more relaxed now. Time to go up to her room for a nap.

"Well, you guys, I think I'm going to pay for my food and then go catch forty winks! I can't keep my eyes open anymore! But I'll see ya later!"

After paying for her food, she made her way up the stairs and into her room in the hotel part of the cafe...her own little home with its film-noir movie posters, the hat rack with all her fascinators and snoods on it, her laptop, her TV and DVD player, and various and sundry other things that she could cram into it. She removed her coat, snood, and shoes, set her alarm clock, stretched out on the bed, and fell into a deep sleep.

((Good night, y'all! Bedtime for me...I'm hoping to be online at about 8:15 p.m. Central tomorrow night, just depending on when I get home from work. 3nodding ))

Calea

Jeffrey M Roth

Shirtless Fatcat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Oh, come on, Merri! You don't look anything like a homeless toaster; your outfit looks fine to me." Alivia put her hand on her hips and rolled her eyes while smiling. Then, she suddenly became conscious of her current outfit. "Wait, you like what I wear? Really? ...I always thought my clothes looked kinda plain."

"Happy napping, Natalie!", she called out to the raven-haired woman who took her leave upstairs.

Turning to face Merri again, Alivia took out a pair of tongs by the display case. "So, is there anything you'd like in particular?"

(( Awww, g'night you! ))

Jeffrey M Roth

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out