Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Mademoiselle Alvinette

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Barbara Knight: Baker

"The noodles and stuff are over here," Barbara pointed to the shelf to their right. Moo made sure the pantry was kept in complete order so it was easier to find things. "The noodles and sauces are right next to each other."

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image "Let's see..." Natalie mused as she counted boxes of pasta and cans of sauce, "it looks like we have about a month's supply of pasta and sauces in here." She moved on to the bakery staples, such as sugar and flour. "We've still got plenty of sugar and flour, and brown sugar...There's also several big boxes of pancake mix, biscuit mix, and even some cake and cookie mixes. And let's see...institutional-sized cans of raisins...a whole stack of five-pound bags of cereal...and how are we on coffee?"

Captain Dory

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Mademoiselle Alvinette

Barbara chuckled. "It's handy that we live in a cafe. Lets see...we've got...ew! We have a bunch of spam." Barbara hated that stuff. It was just...blech! Barbara actually started feel nauseous just thinking about the time she had some and got food poisoning. Turning away from the spam, she spotted something that was sure to quell that feeling in the pit of her stomach. "We've got loads of dil pickles!"

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
He didn't have long to wait as the interior decorator he hired soon arrived, followed by several delivery trucks. After exchanging some words with this human, he sat down and went about reading his newspaper that he held up as a paper wall between him and everyone else.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image Natalie had to stifle a smile at Barb's revulsion over finding so much SPAM in the pantry. And then she mentioned dill pickles..."Now dill pickles are the thing I don't like!" she said, playfully wrinkling her nose. "How about...if push comes to shove, I'll give you my share of pickles, and I'll take one for the team and eat all your SPAM? Although I reeeeeeally hope it doesn't come to that! Ack!"

Captain Dory

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Mademoiselle Alvinette

"Deal. Anyway, I think we've got the food sorted out. We've got enough supplies for a good, not indefinite amount of time, but a good amount to last all of us with rationing. Now we need to think of ways to conserve water."

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image "Hmmm..." Natalie mused. "I'm no expert at disaster prep, but it seems like it's a good idea to have a LOT of bottled water on hand. And we might also call on somebody who's good with building stuff to make a device that'll, um, recycle water. Which is gross when you think about it, but I think it can be done..."

Captain Dory

((Barb and Nat: Doomsday Preppers! mrgreen ))

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Several rolled up rugs were carried through the lobby area. They were soon followed by the pieces of a bed that would be put together in Sachie's bedroom and a wardrobe that was only likely to be bigger on the inside. It was followed up with a nightstand, lounging sofa and other things that seemed like it would be the right amount of furniture for a bedroom with a cozy sitting area.

The second truck was now unloading an old fashioned style claw footed tub.

Sachie kept reading his news paper and didn't look up.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Mademoiselle Alvinette

"I thought there were tablets that could purify water. Well in any case, as long as we have water that's all that matters. Maybe we should plan an escape plan just in case things get too...intense..." Barbara couldn't help but feel butterflies in her stomach. Part of her brain was telling her that there probably won't be an Apocalypse, but somehow she just wasn't believing it.

(((After all that's happened, it's not surprising. Lol)))

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image "Yes! An escape plan is definitely a must!" Natalie replied. "And weapons! We need to be able to defend ourselves with anything we can find! Well..." she lowered her voice..."you were there on Halloween, so you know I carry a gun. But I've only got so much ammo and I probably would need to conserve what I have if push came to shove. Although I will definitely be buying a lot more now! But...yeah. Self-defense with found objects is probably one of the best skills all of us can have," she finished in a normal volume.

And then she became aware of what sounded like a lot of footsteps going back and forth through the lobby and up the stairs. "Hey Barb, do you hear that? It sounds like a herd of elephants out there...and I can only guess what it is!" she said, fighting the urge to roll her eyes. Gotta be Sachie with more remodeling! Ay-yi-yi... "Tell me Sachie gives the remodeling a rest at night and lets everybody sleep! I worked all night last night, so I wasn't around, but...uggh, I don't want to have to put up with construction noise during those few hours I get to rest..."

Captain Dory

Sachie Whitby

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Mademoiselle Alvinette

Sachie Whitby

Barbara groaned. She just remembered how tired she was from all the banging, and crashing last night.

"Your wish is the same as mine."

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
The second delivery truck that unloaded the bathtub and sink was now unloading another sink that looked like it belonged in a human kitchen, along with things to outfit a human bathtub that were less fancy than what was delivered previously.

The first truck was now unloading more furniture, enough to fill a living room, and several bookcases. As if that wasn't enough, there was a formal dining table and enough chairs to seat ten.

Two more delivery trucks showed up as the second truck left. One was delivering boxes that Sachie knew without looking that they were filled with Gaian literature. The other was unloading electronic items, like a large television as the vampire thought that the biggest one he could get would be best.

He continued to read his newspaper until another human showed up wearing a butler's uniform. As if sensing this human's presence, he folded the newspaper and handed it to the butler, who in turned assured Sachie that he would make sure that everything would be in order.

Sachie decided he would walk around a bit. It wouldn't be long before he'd find a couple of humans skulking about a kitchen.... // next post! //

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image "Oh brother!" Natalie said with a groan. "Maybe I should just take a blanket and pillow and sleep in the office! Even with everything going on at work, it'd probably be a sight more restful than all this construction craziness! Anyway...so the kitchen's prepped, we can buy bottled water and those tablets that purify water, and maybe even build a water purifier? So I'm thinking that maybe the next thing would be to check security, but that would probably be best done when Hex is around, since he knows more about the security system around here than most of us do. We'll have to ask him next time we see him. And...let's see. We've got plenty of knives and heavy pots and pans, so maybe just ensure that everyone knows how to wield at least one of these things as a weapon..."

Captain Dory

Sachie Whitby

Sheard's Prince

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
"Unless you're going to war against the people made of cake, those are useless as weapons." Sachie had overheard the last bit of what Natalie had said about using knives, pots and pans as weapons as he was now lurking about in the middle of the doorway. How much more he heard before that, he wasn't saying. Either he didn't or he did but didn't understand it other than that it was human stuff.

Mademoiselle Alvinette

Captain Dory

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Mademoiselle Alvinette

Sachie Whitby

"Good idea about Hex. Maybe he can upgrade the security systems...Did I just see a butler walk through the front of the cafe?" Barb rubbed her eyes in hopes it was a hallucination brought on by sleep deprivation. Of course it wasn't, and she also saw Sachie standing in the doorway.

"Is a butler really necessary Sachie?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces