Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

16,150 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lumina Danglars
The New Girl In Town/Server

Mina's cheeks turned a light pink as Moo corrected her also causing her to nearly drop a cup she was picking up. But thankfully before she could become even clumsier Merri nearly stumbled and faceplanted coming down the stairs. "Morning Merri!" Even though she hadn't been there long to get to know anyone personally, Lumina had atleats caught on to some of the staff's morning routines and she grabbed a kettel off the shelf. Filling it with water to almost the top she set it on the heating machine's platform and turned it on. The next thing she did was take out a box of assorted teas and placed it on the counter for Merri just as he returned. "I just put the kettle on so if you don't mind waiting for a few minutes while it heats up. By the way those are today's tea selections." Mina gestured at the box and headed back into the kitchen returning a few minutes later with a couple of trays of assorted muffins, bagels, croissants, and other pastries people usually had for breakfast. Placing them on the counter she then opened the refrigerated display case and turned the light on before placing the trays of pastries into the case. "You want any of the sweets today Merri or do you want to wait for the real food?"

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Nora Sylph
Kitchen Manager and Writer

Nora peeks out of her room, still not fully recovered from the aftereffects of her cold but ready to work anyways. Entering the cafe to have her morning tea she sees Moo, Lumina and Merri there."Good morning everyone I hope we will have a busy day today" Nora begins to walk around checking that everything is ready "Is everything on the breakfast menu ready yet Mina?" Nora asks and then finally sits down.

Supreme Unicorn

Marcelina Thorn

Web-Comic Artist and Occult Junkie

The mocha skinned female had been up for several hours before the sun dared let it's rays graze the horizon. This female had claimed the title of "Night Owl" for a good reason, having a habit of retreating to her bed before the day's busiest hours. It wasn't often that Marcelina stepped out into the world filled with people and lives, but today was going to be one of those rare occasions.

After uploading the newest panel to her online web-comic she stood up from her desk and stretched her arms above her head. Her bright hues shifted towards the clock and a pout formed across her face, "Morning already? I suppose I should go find inspiration before it gets too late." She ditched her pajamas and readied herself for social interaction, something she wasn't too accustomed to.

Marcelina strut over to the cafe doors in mild curiosity. She loved sit-in-cafes and the like, but this one had never crossed her eye before. "It seems harmless enough," she mused, pushing the door open. The chime of a bell greeted her as well as the scent of freshly brewed coffees and teas. Oddly enough, the cafe didn't seem to be bustling with people. Only a few appeared to be around. "The sign said this place was open.." Though, she wasn't too sure. Had the sign been flipped too early, or was it just a slow morning?

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Nora Sylph

Nora notices the customer and greet her "Welcome, the cafe is open but it is a bit of a slow morning and most of our staff is newly hired so they will be coming later in the day, so tell me what do you need?" Nora says while rising up and making herself seem more presentable than she really was this early morning.

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

Merri, Merri, quite c o n t r a r y !
How does your g a r d e n grow?

The book keeper froze and tried to let his sleep-addled brain keep up with Mina's question. "Ah! I would like real breakfast, though, if you have any of the cinnamon rolls, I'd like one of those now and then more breakfast later." He waved a greeting to Nora before the front door opened and what Merri pegged as a 'Gothic Lolita' walked in. "Oh, Good Morning! Er, yes - I'm sure that Mr Moo flips the sign whenever he wants... We don't really have an official opening or closing hour." He smiled sheepishly and hurried over to make his morning tea. "Oh, Mina you're a goddess - thank you for setting the things out for me!"

With Orson Welles on red oak s h e l v e s ,
and back-issue c o m i c s all in a row?____

Innocence The Sin

Pinko Sacredheart

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Nora Sylph

"Merri you shouldn't just greet a customer and walk away and i think Mina put some cinnamon rolls in the display case and otherwise there is some i baked yesterday along with a vanilla filled pastry i have experimented with in my room." Nora say to Merri while still letting the customer have her attention.

Supreme Unicorn

Marcelina Thorn

The young woman nodded slightly towards the two that greeted her, "Good morning." She felt a bit relieved to find that it was indeed just a slow morning and not a clumsy mistake of hers. Marce strolled over to the counter where the others were and settled her work bag up in front of her. (She was much too protective of her belongs to set it on the floor.) "Iced Coffee would be divine," she smiled, noticing it upon the menu posted above.

No official opening or closing? While the freedom seemed nice, the organizational tactics seemed lacking. "I'm just glad I didn't come barging into an un-opened business," she offered Merri the same smile before pulling her iPad out of her personal bag.

Beloved Lunatic

16,150 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
Lumina Danglars
The New Girl In Town/Server

Lumina smiled at Merri as she grabbed the now steaming pot poured the hot water into his mug giving a friendly wink as she did so. Hearing Nora enter the room Mina set the pot back down and set the machine to keep it warm before starting the large coffee machine. "No not yet Nora. The cook hasn't come down yet. I've gotten hot water and the breakfast pastries, bagels, and muffins ready though. Regular and decaf coffee are brewing as we speak." Her attention turned to the new comer. "Oh hello there. It is rather early in the morning so its a bit slow right now but it should pick up soon. You can sit anywhere you want by the way." Mina nodded as the girl asked for a drink and poured some of the freshly brewed coffee into a mug with some milk mixed in and added plenty of ice before placing it infrotn of her with some packets of sugar, cream, and a mixing stick.

MystMist

Quote:

Quote:

Time-traveling Ally

User Image
Molly hufffed as she tugged her hair into a loose but fashionable ponytail. And of course with the school's colors. She could almost hear the cheers as she herself struck a pose in front of her mirror
"Red and Black, Black and Red! Durem Dingos will pull ahead! Go Dingos!"
She went to do a back flip forgetting her surroundings for a moment.
Slipping on the carpet she instead tumbled backwards on her rump. Molly sniffled as she sat there before sobbing.
It wasn't fair! Here she was trying to live on her own more or less [well with Daddy's money], and it was already proving to be hard. She thought moving in somewhere fun even if it was just for a little while would prove to be...well, fun. A whole different type of world from the norm...
No jabbering of her Mom as she migrated through the house on that stupid phone, and not having to wonder if Dad was going to be back from his duties at the Office.
Sniffling she got to her feet and set the sidetable and lamp back in place before looking back to herself.
"I'll pack a change of clothes like yesterday and change when I get to school. If I wore my cheerleader outfit here...Well they'd know who I really was. And that'd just ruin the whole fun of things..."
Molly May grinned to herself in the mirror with a wink before flashing a peace sign and grabbing her bags running down the stairs to the actual cafe'.
Skidding to a stop she looked to the girl behind the counter.
"Can I get a mocha to go?! Oh wait no better make it just a coffee. No wait!"
Molly took a deep breath before flashing her a smile, "Can I just get a bottle of water and an apple or whatever?! I have to get to school in like-!"
She phished in her skirt and pulled out a cellphone with enough little anime icon charms on it to make it weigh a considerable amount of weight.
"Oh no! I have to go like now! Gack!"
She crammed her phone back in her pocket dashing out the door. "I'll be back for lunch maybe. See ya!"
And with those last words Molly rushed out of the cafe' and off to the highschool...

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Nora Sylph

Nora walks behind the counter"Mina good work on preparing the iced coffee for the customer and if that cook doesn't get down here soon ill go up and break down his door and drag him here myself." Nora heard all the ruckus Molly was making and was about to throw her a bottle of water and an apple but she was already gone. Turning her attention back to the customer at the counter Nora ask "Do you want something more than iced coffee?"

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

Merri, Merri, quite c o n t r a r y !
How does your g a r d e n grow?

Merri rolled his eyes and shrugged at Nora's words. "I'm just the book guy though. Dunno what I could possibly do - besides, it's the morning." He wrinkled his nose and smiled sheepishly at the Manager. "Sorry though, for what it's worth." He didn't like to get into it with anyone, and he figured, he probably shouldn't have just walked away. But then, he had still been talking to the new girl, hadn't he?
"Well, if the sign says open, I don't see how we would be unopened. Unless we were a paradox. I'm Merri by the by. Nice to meet you." He smiled broadly at her, before turning back to Mina. The brunette just barely caught her wink, and it made him a bit flustered. "T-th-thank you."

((OoC: Heading to bed for the night. * A * it's 3 am here... So, goodnight everyone!))

With Orson Welles on red oak s h e l v e s ,
and back-issue c o m i c s all in a row?____

Innocence The Sin

Pinko Sacredheart

MystMist

Supreme Unicorn

Marcelina Thorn

She shook her head, "No thank you, the Iced Coffee will be all for now." Marcie pulled the pen from her iPad and clicked a few things on it, waiting for her drawing application to load. Her attention got pulled from the loading screen back to the male, Merri, "What a pleasant name. Pleasure to make your acquaintance, I'm Marcelina. Feel free to address me as Marcie." A giggle passed by her lips, "A paradox wouldn't be so unusual to stumble upon." Her eyes traveled back to the gadget in front of her, beginning to scribble away at rough sketches of possible character and scenic designs.

((OOC: I must be going away for the night as well. 3AM here too, and I've got a sinus cold to try and sleep off with the help of this medicine. I swear, it tastes like liquid toothpaste. I'll certainly be back though. As a friend of Moo's, I can't possibly allow myself not to. C: ))

Feline Friend

αιкσ sυммєяs

• art student/cafe regular •

❝tell me a story...❞

Aiko Summers woke up with a start, and sat up, causing the book she had been reading before bed to clatter to the floor. She rubbed her eyes, and brushed her long, dark hair off her face. Sighing, she bent over the side of the bed and retrieved her book, Alice in Wonderland. For a long time, it had long been one of her favourite novels. In fact, her copy was full of annotations and little notes about the text.

She rose from her bed in the dorm room, and slipped her feet into her slippers. She selected her usual attire from the wardrobe and dressed quickly. She had no classes today, and had decided to go to the Cafe to relax, and maybe get a few more pages of her manga drawn out. Aiko had discovered the Cafe a little while back, and it had quickly become her favourite place to go.

Slinging her bag over her shoulder, she set out to the Cafe, hitching her glasses up on her nose every few minutes as they slipped down. This irritated Aiko, but she pushed the irritation aside as she saw the sign for The Four Colours Cafe looming ahead. Smiling, she pushed open the door and stepped inside.

((ooc; I should be on pretty much all day today- I contracted the flu unfortunately, but the upside is I can be online all day, and can finish my art coursework haha!))

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Nora Sylph

Nora wondering if she should prepare some chai tea today and where her cooks was noticed Ai entering the cafe "Good Day Ai! and what would you like to have today?" she said while picking out some spices for the chai tea from her personal stash. "A customer is always a welcome sight on a day such a today so please sit down and relax"

Shirtless Fatcat

Alivia Kells
Student and Part-time Server

Alivia was quite cozy under her colorful quilt blanket, sighing happily as she hugged her pillow closer to her. The warmth of the sunlight creeping in from her window made her sleepily open one eye. Today seemed like a great day. "Good morning sun...", she murmered as she pulled herself deeper under the covers. "Good morning Mr. Blanket. Morning Mr. Pillow." She then peered at the floor, because something red and shiny had suddenly caught her attention. She rubbed her eyes, which were still feeling a bit hazy from just waking up. "Oh, and good morning Mr. Broken Alarm Clock..."

"........."

She tripped over her blanket and ungracefully landed on the floor before racing to the bathroom.

Five minutes later she was out and in her full school uniform. She speedily tiptoed out of her room, and made sure not to slam her door as other staff were probably asleep. Downstairs, she greeted everyone a speedy good morning before dashing off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff