Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

Merri, Merri, quite c o n t r a r y !
How does your g a r d e n grow?

Merri continued to stare. How the chocolate had gotten past Hex's glasses and into his eyes, the book keeper didn't know. "Right. Okay. Well, you can get it fixed, right?" He couldn't imagine Moo turning the cable off, but then Moo was widely known for being an unpredictable event wrapped in an enigma deep fried in quixotic actions. "Also, I hope the internet isn't down because of it. That would be really bad for all the customers who come here for our WiFi."

((Well, I guess it could be? If you feel like sending a tip or whatever, that's fine. I've been trying to get the nerve up to open an Art Shop but I might do that in-guild.))

With Orson Welles on red oak s h e l v e s ,
and back-issue c o m i c s all in a row?____

Hexcat123

Sparkly Sex Symbol

7,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Jeffrey M Roth

+-Hex Marcelli-+

College Student/Tech Support

User Image
Hex winced. "Ya, it might affect the internet..." He quickly pulled out his newest, state of the art iTone 16, and checked the surrounding Wi-Fi. "Yep. It's down. Moo told me about problems with the internet earlier..."
User Image

((Well, I'm definitely no expert when it comes to shops. How much would you like as a tip?))

Friendly Millionaire

10,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
Jeffrey M Roth

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Laurelle Kayleigh

Twiddling her fingers, she looked up and smiled. "Well, sure, I guess, but what is it?" she smiled, taking the book and setting it in front of her. She looked up and blinked a lot, "well, my name is Laurelle, like the tree, except spelled different. I haven't ever been here before, but it looks like fun, so I decided to come in. It's nice to meet you." She looked over at a window shyly and sighed in content. "It sure is a nice place," she added, turning back.

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

The book keeper sighed. People could certainly be irritating..
"Do you think you can fix it before tomorrow starts?" he asked Hex, tilting his head and frowning slightly.

He soon realized that the girl was talking to him again! He turned and gave her a smile, "Laurelle? That's a very pretty name." Merri held up the book and felt a little sheepish. "Spellbound! It's about a noir detective Daniels who is also a wizard and his monster-hunter girlfriend Matilda. The graphic novel is a one-shot, but it's one of my favorites." Aaand he was gushing about a book again. The brunette grinned sheepishly and shrugged his shoulders. "We have other books though, if Spellbound doesn't interest you. "

((I'd say, if it's under 2k then maybe just gift me an item from the shops? It'd be easier than setting up a trade at least. :3 ))

Hexcat123

Atami Uchiha

Sparkly Sex Symbol

7,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Jeffrey M Roth
A Glass Passenger

+-Hex Marcelli-+

User Image
"Sure, Sure, I'll fix it." Hex started upstairs, and opened up his laptop. 'Hmm, I haven't seen Moo around...I wonder where he went.' Leaving his laptop, Hex slowly made his way toward where he last saw the owner, and knocked on the door. "Moo, Ya' still in there?"
User Image

((At Jeff: That sounds fine! I'm not very experienced in trading for art...))

Friendly Millionaire

10,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
Jeffrey M Roth

Laurelle Kayleigh

Laurelle smiled and looked through it briefly, flipping through pages somewhat quickly. "No, no, it does interest me," she smiled at him, "would you like to sit with me?" She tilted her head a bit and held her hand out at an empty chair near her. She started reading the book and looked up every so often. "So what is your part in this fine establishment?" she asked inquisitively.

Shirtless Fatcat

Alivia Kells
Student and Part-time Server

"Hey everyone", Alivia greeted as she entered through the cafe door. Boy did she love it when school gave classes for only half a day sometimes. As she walked past, she noticed a new face in the area. "Welcome to our cafe, I hope you enjoy your stay here. Let me know if you'd like anything!", she smiled warmly at the silver-haired girl and waved to Merri before walking behind the counter.

Atami Uchiha

Jeffrey M Roth

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

"Thanks Hex!" Merri called after the IT guy. He returned his attention to Laurelle. "Sit? Uh... Sure I guess." The brunette rarely was invited to hang out with customers, and since there really wasn't anyone around.. What harm could there be?

**edit!

"Oh hey Alivia! How was school? Actually, can you please make me another cup of pumpkin chai tea? It was really good but I don't know how to do the chai machine." Merri then returned his attention to Laurelle.

"Well I hope you like it. The writer and Artist have a lot of other works, but the studio that they published Spellbound with shut down shortly after. The copyright on the characters are sort of being held hostage by the guy who bought the paperworks and rights from the company when it closed." He took a seat and leaned his elbows on the table. "I'm the book keeper. Sometimes I do other stuff too, but mostly it's books. How about you? Are you a student?"

(( @Hexcat: Oh! A trade is when two pieces of art are traded amongst artists. Tipping and buying art is different in that typically an exchange of items of monetary worth are exchanged. Do you want me to doodle Hex or did you have a different character? surprised ))

Atami Uchiha

Hexcat123
((see ooc))

Calea

Sparkly Sex Symbol

7,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Calea
Jeffery M Roth

+-Hex Marcelli-+

User Image
Not getting an answer from inside the room, Hex went back to his room, and fixed up the cable. "Stupid...Why do I...Open up already!" Mumbling to himself, he finally got the internet to work again. "YES!!" He double checked it, and leaped downstairs. Seeing Merri sit down with a customer, he waved at Alivia. "Yo! Nice to see you!"
User Image

((@Jeff: I see.... Well, Hex is fine. He's the fashion-less, smart, and friendly IT who knows how to get rid of raccoons. :3 ))

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Barbara Knight:Baker

Hey you guys! Care to try out a new recipe?" Barb asked as she walked out of the kitchen with a plate what looked like chocolate coated truffles.

"These are cookiedough truffles. Don't worry though, the cookiedough doesn't have eggs in it."

Friendly Millionaire

10,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Millionaire 200
Jeffrey M Roth

Calea

Laurelle Kayleigh

Laurelle smiled and read, listening to Hex. She smiled at the server, "thank you, I'm not sure what I'd like yet, but I know they were gonna give me tea and cider, I remember that much!" She looked up at Hex and set the book down momentarily. "You're a book keeper? That's so cool! I do love to read," she smiled and pulled out a book of her own and slowly handed it to him. "It's called The Interpretation of Dreams, I have to read it for my Psychology class. Yes, I am a student! I am studying a lot of Sciences and Mathematics. I am unsure what I want to be, though," she smiled, then realized she was ranting on and apologized for it. She was quite happy and went back to reading the book he had given her, blushing a bit.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Natalie Pierce

Ready for a break from a particularly challenging session of coding and codebreaking, Natalie came breezing back into the Four Colors Cafe.

"Hiya, everybody! How are ya doin' this afternoon?" she called out cheerfully.

Shirtless Fatcat

Alivia Kells
Student and Part-time Server

Alivia gave her cheek a slight scratch with her index finger. "I see. Well, if no one else has prepared it yet, I'll make it for you... um... I haven't caught your name yet, sorry", Alivia placed a hand behind her head, smiling sheepishly.

She then turned her attention to the book keeper. "Sure, no problem, Merri! Oh, and school was alright; we got only a half day of classes today, hence me coming earlier than usual."

She was about to prepare the pumpkin chai when she heard a thud from somewhere and jumped a little, realizing that it came from a certain teal-haired tech. "Hey there, Hex! It's nice seeing you too. Did you just...", she pointed upwards, "Uh.. nevermind", she quickly added, making a waving motion with her hand.
Jeffery M Roth

Atami Uchiha

Hexcat123

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Mademoiselle Alvinette
Natalie Pierce

Ready for a break from a particularly challenging session of coding and codebreaking, Natalie came breezing back into the Four Colors Cafe.

"Hiya, everybody! How are ya doin' this afternoon?" she called out cheerfully.

"Hey Natalie! I think we're all okay, but I've been in the kitchen the entire time. Heh...Cookiedough truffle?"

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Natalie Pierce

"A cookie dough truffle? That sounds heavenly! I'd love one!" Natalie exclaimed. She rarely said no to sweets, especially if said sweets contained chocolate or cookie dough. "Thanks for offerin'!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff