Welcome to Gaia! ::

Time-traveling Ally

User Image
Molly jumped as a male voice came from behind her and turning she blushed before forwning and waving her hand from side to side.
"Not my fault I couldn't find anything I liked. And what do you mean by Boo-?!"
It was then that Molly seen the clearly visible sign as to where the manga section was. Hanging her head and looking aside she let out another nervous chuckle.
"Heh heh...opps.", she mumbled.
"Actually I was wondering if you could help me find or if you even had the manga for the character I'm dressed as. But...admitedly I don't know what the title is. So sorry I kind of went little off on your display."
Molly pushed one of the books more evenly on the shelf with another nervous chuckle.
Gee whiz, grumpy bear. Hey wait a minute...
Taking a step closer Molly looked into his face with a more determined leer.
"Oh hey I've seen you here before. Well not here...I mean I don't hardly come in this part...section...whatever of the cafe' but you're staying here too aren't you?!"
Actually gruff demeanor aside he was dressed quite charmingly. "By the way my name is Molly May, but you can call me either. Most call me Molly though. Oh geez this is so exciting! Oh but...right. Can you please, please, please help me find the manga?"
Molly struck a pose something like a salute and stood as if she might take off for flight or fight.
"She kind of looked like this on the cover. Well kind of...", Molly said throwing Merri a wink and a giggle.

Jeffrey M Roth

7,875 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Captain Dory

Missy

Angelic by day, demonic by night

She smiles at the lady. "We can't stay for long. But I see you but some delicious cookies on display. We'd like some to go please."

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

Merri, Merri, quite c o n t r a r y !
How does your g a r d e n grow?

The brunette stared owlishly down at the girl as she babbled on, waiting for the information to set in. "It's fine, nothing a few hours can't fix." he was kidding, mostly. As she continued on, he started to walk backwards, trying to get a good picture of the cosplay she was wearing. He didn't read manga much, but he would sometimes glance through some of the more interesting ones.

"Oh! Yeah, I stay here a lot of the time. I'm Merri. Nice to meet you Molly." he offered her a kind smile and felt his irritation with her subside a bit. "Though, I can't say I've seen you before. But if you cosplay a lot, then that's probably why." As the girl posed, the brunette scrutinized her pose. "She's a magical girl, right? The girl on the cover? Something like, Cheery Cherry Blossom or something like that?" He turned and motioned for Molly to follow him over to the manga section. "We tend to separate them by genre, and then by title." He ran his finger down the spines, pulling out one with a mostly red and pink theme to it. On the cover was the cosplay inspiration, though in a different pose. "This is book two, but it looks like we don't have one, three, four and five." Merri gave her a look as if to say 'wow sorry that sucks' and offered her the volume. "We get our manga every Thursday morning, and I usually have it up by noon. We might get the first couple books in, if you're interested in reading it."

With Orson Welles on red oak s h e l v e s ,
and back-issue c o m i c s all in a row?____

iNk_mAy

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
xxxcookie4mexxx
Captain Dory

Missy

She smiles at the lady. "We can't stay for long. But I see you but some delicious cookies on display. We'd like some to go please."

Barbara Knight: Baker

"Coming right up!" Barbara walked back behind the counter. She picked out two cookies, one decroated as a yin yang symbole, and bunny shaped cookie with purple frosting.

"Here you are."

Time-traveling Ally

User Image
"Oh wow this is totally the manga I was looking for! Well at least now I know the name of it..."
Molly leafed through the pages a bit before tapping it against her palm thinking. Sure it wasn't volume one but this wasn't this first time she had run into this type of predicament.
"Th-that's okay.", she said as she noticed the sympathetic look and waved her hands excitedly aside as if dismissing the idea. "I-I can wait. I mean this kind of thing seems to happen to me a lot. N-Not here but I-!"
Molly huffed and lowered her head as if in defeat and extended the book out to him.
"I still want it. I'll just wait for the other volumes or whatever.", she mumbled.
Man what is my problem?! I need to just calm down...But I can't seem to slow down. Coffee is a no go but maybe they have some kind of lavender tea or something?
She looked back over her shoulder to the counter only to notice there were none of the regular baristas in. Cuh-rap!
She turned back to Merri with a twitch of a smile. "But hey I'm sorry about the display. Maybe I could treat you to a cup of coffee or- or a cookie or something?!"
Molly rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand grinning. "O-Or hey here's a crazy idea since I think I know how to put them back now...I could just fix it for you?! I mean..."
Again she seemed to get a little too close for anyone's comfort as she smirked up at him.
"If I'm going to be here for a while might as well be useful in some way. Right?..Merri?"

Jeffrey M Roth

7,875 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Captain Dory

Missy

"Smells delicious! Thanks." She pays the lady and stands up. "I guess it's time for us to go, but we'll be back tomorrow. Thanks again."

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
xxxcookie4mexxx
Captain Dory

Missy

"Smells delicious! Thanks." She pays the lady and stands up. "I guess it's time for us to go, but we'll be back tomorrow. Thanks again."

"Awsome, see you tomorrow I guess." Barbara waved the customer goodbye. It was then she smealt something burning.

"Oh shi! The other cookies!" She quickly ran back to the kitchen in hopes to save that batch of cookies.

Deadly Wrangler

xxxcookie4mexxx
Captain Dory
User Image → Visiting Customer ←
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
Cleo takes the bag and peeks inside. "Awe (^^) They always make food that looks like Stew. Yea thanks miss. She smiles at the server." She stands with Missy.

7,875 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
LeCleo

Missy

Missy and Cleo lock arms and leave.

Vicious Pants

LeCleo

User Image
              xxx εɪɢн ʗ ɑʀsoɴ xxxXXXxxx
                          barista

Leigh flew into the room, stopping at the door and "casually" walking in. She was late, again! This was probably making her look really bad and tardy, but (again), it wasn't entirely her fault. Car problems again? Not exactly. More like she was planning on bringing the car to get it fixed, only she miscalculated the time it would take and ended up trying to find a bus to catch.

Leigh sighed. She needed to fix her car before it turned into a habit. The last thing she wanted was to get fired and lose any chance of getting a new car. "Hi Barbara, Merri, Molly." she said, acknowledging them to classic Leigh extent. She was trying to be a little more talkative, mostly to make herself seem more approachable.

Leigh steps behind the counter and notices two customers in the shop: the one she was talking (to an extent) to the other day and another lady. "Hello ladies!" Leigh said, as cheerfully as she could just as one of the ladies left. "Can I get you something...?" she stopped, awkwardly realizing she didn't know the name of the girl, but knew the name of the bunny.

sunset to sunrise
                                                                                      morning to midnight
                                                                                          this is my goodbye

Deadly Wrangler

Spottedteddybears

User Image → Visiting Customer ←
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
"We're heading out now. But I'll be sure to catch you tomorrow."

Vicious Pants

LeCleo

User Image
                          barista

"Absolutely!" Leigh piped, nicely and cheerfully. 'If I can manage to work my car...' she thought, a little more bitterly than she would've liked.

"Bye Stew!" Leigh said as she waved to the bunny still perched on the female owner's shoulder. Then she busied herself to make it look like she's been working, laying out the baked pastries and brewing more coffee.

sunset to sunrise
                                                                                      morning to midnight
                                                                                          this is my goodbye

Tiny Inquisitor

User Image

Merri, Merri, quite c o n t r a r y !
How does your g a r d e n grow?

He really was trying not to laugh, the sudden change in atmosphere a little jarring. "It would be kind of unprofessional of me to make you do my work for me. I do like the sound of being treated to something, but I get free drinks here already." Merri tried to think of some way she could repay him for the damage and came up with nothing. "I can reserve a few copies of the series for you, if you fill out a preorder form. They're supposed to be for books, but it will save you a copy if the otakus beat you to it." He shrugged his shoulders and looked at the books that Molly had messed up. "I guess you could keep me company while I work? You could help a bit, but I don't want to go into unethical slave labor, if you know what I mean." He was pretty sure it wouldn't take too long. "You can read a few other mangas even, so long as you don't bend the pages. If you like Cheery Cherry, you'll probably like Gumball Racer M. It's sort of the same storyline, but instead it's about a girl who fights crime at night but during the day is a motorcycle diva. Sort of like, if a magical girl rode a motorcycle." He'd thought it was pretty good,at least. Then he turned and pulled a drawer open beneath his little desk and pulled out a preorder form and a pencil.

"Here's the form, and a pen. Since you're going to go get something, would you mind terribly getting me a tea? You can just say, 'Merri asked me to get him a tea'. It should be fine."

With Orson Welles on red oak s h e l v e s ,
and back-issue c o m i c s all in a row?____

iNk_mAy

Time-traveling Ally

User Image
Molly nodded as she filled out the paper and handed it back to him. "Sounds like a good read."
Actually it sounds really good. Kind of like me! I mean here I am popular cheerleader by day and an otaku by night. Hee hee. Well more like otaku in training.
"That I can do and gladly so!", she told him in response to him getting him a tea. So she made her way up to the counter and grinned to Leigh.
"I was wondering if I could get a lavender tea...Oh and Merri sent me to get him a tea also."
Molly was already phishing into her skirt for her wallet. "By the way..."
She leaned a bit closer and shielded her mouth speaking lowly and with extra emphasis on her pronounciation.
"I noticed you were late again. Car troubles? Or what happened this time?"
Molly rocked back on her heels with a grin. Poor Leigh always seemed to have such a rough time of it sometimes, and to Molly meeting someone with actual real problems was a bit of a new thing.

Jeffrey M Roth
MERRI

Spottedteddybears
LEIGH

Vicious Pants

iNk_mAy

User Image
                          barista

Leigh jumped. She literally jumped when Molly the cheerleader spoke to her. Frankly, cheerleaders rarely spoke to Leigh, even while Leigh was in high school. Even in the first few years when Leigh actually tried to talk to people. "Uh, yeah." Leigh whispered. Then she caught herself making a fool out of herself, again. 'Stop it, Leigh. Be normal.'

"Yeah. My car. It - uh - broke down yesterday and I brought it to the store today. Uh, but I didn't think it would take to long. Uh, I had to get the bus. Uhh - I mean catch the bus." Leigh stopped herself. She was blabbing. Stop it, stop.

"Mmn. Yeah."

sunset to sunrise
                                                                                      morning to midnight
                                                                                          this is my goodbye

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff