Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Seeker

User Image

Shinara rose a brow at Xenthara's comments, before chuckling. Shaking her head, the woman rose to a stand, tossing a few dollars on the bar. She knew that it wasn't necessary to pay, but. It was just one of those things.

"Well, I just figured I'd give you a heads up, just in case." She finished her beer and tossed the bottle away, before waving and making an exit.

Desirable Businesswoman

User Image
User Image

ocation: Tavern
ood: Amazing
ealth: Perfect

Xenthara gave a two fingers salute as she headed out before she snapped her fingers sending the money else where. Xenthara now just gives the money to charities since they didn't accept pay and sometimes people push the matter.

She cleaned up the bottles and picked up her glass and walked into the kitchen and started playing her music again as she began to cook. She decided to tackle a Duck dish this time around.

utfit: outfit
ccessories:bracelet, necklace, special crystal flower clip, ring
heme song: NA
User Image
A second try never hurt, though second tries sent an odd flare of anger through Jason, no matter what the occasion. It pulled at memories that he preferred to keep buried in his mind. The man watched the city buzz and move, his green eyes half lidded with his cigarette hanging from his mouth as he stood against the brick wall of a building. The sound of sirens echoed through the streets as a car slid around the corner, it's tires squealing as it headed down the road. A woman moving through the cross walk looked up at the on coming car, a scream about to escape from her lips before she was yanked back. Her side came within inches of the bumper of the car as Jason had grasped her arm and pulled her to the sidewalk. Once she caught her breath she looked up to the man.
"Oh, thank you. I-"
Jason had no response as he stepped over to his motorcycle, pulling his red helmet from the seat and sliding it on over his head. He revved the engine and took off after the trail of police cars that had taken to chasing the run away car. Jason weaved between each car, avoiding traffic as the police looked in disbelief as another vehicle had joined the chase. The road started to clear more as the motorcycle had room to speed up along side the fleeing car. Jason glanced over, seeing a bag with wrapped bills pouring out and onto the floor of the car's back seat due to the rough ride. He increased speed to come up tot he drivers window, a man in a black mask looking frantically towards him. In an effort to shoo Jason away, the man swerved his car to ram the motorcycle off the road. Jason hit the brakes, the bike dropping back behind the car. He released a gloved hand from the handle of his bike, reaching down and pulling one of his guns from his leg and aiming it forward. Two shots rang out as the back tires of the car blew out, the gunman swerving around the car again before shooting out the front tire on the driver's side. The car fish tailed before plummeting into the median, dirt shooting upwards at the impact as Jason slid to a stop. He watched as the police finally caught up, swarming around the crashed criminal's car before looking over to him. They were all silent, staring at Jason before he spun his bike around and drove off. His motorcycle rumbled down the dirt road into the dark of the underground before the fake sky lit the way again. He pulled up to the Tavern, removing his helmet and brushing his hair around between his fingers. He dismounted the bike and stepped inside, the helmet tucked under his arm.

Desirable Businesswoman

User Image
User Image

Xenthara's long fluffy black tail wrapped around her legs as she finished making a large roasted chicken. She pulled it out of the oven and began to add more spices on top as she hummed her Italian opera music to herself. One of her black cat ears twitched as she glanced towards the kitchen door hearing the tires outside.

She finished what she was doing and soon washed he hands and dried them off with a rag before she moved her tail away from her legs and headed out to the bar after grabbing her empty mudslide glass. She looked towards the man who had walked in, he had been here once or twice and she could have sworn his name was something with a T. But it felt like her memory was degrading and she couldn't remember half the things she should have. But whatever right?

"Hello." She said with a smile. "What can i get you?" She asked picking up the blender to start making another mud slide but she wouldn't start till after he spoke.

User Image
He set his helmet down on the counter, turning his eyes to the kitchen door sa the woman came out. Her face looked familiar but a name wasn't exactly coming to mind. He sat down on one of the stools before answering her.
"Hello, can I get a beer please?"
His voice was low and a bit rough as he clipped the strap back over the holstered gun on his leg, figuring he would not need it immediately int his place. He remembered it was a safe haven for supernatural creatures, and figured trouble would be at a minimum to allow some quiet time to relax a bit.

Desirable Businesswoman

User Image
User Image

Xenthara nodded her head with a smile as she opened one of the small fridges on the bottom of the bar and took out a Budweiser and snapped the cap off before placing a coaster down on the bar before placing the chilled bottle down. "There ya go. Anything to eat with that?" She asked as she poured the Mud Slide mix into the blender before adding ice and more liquor.

"How goes it by the way? Lovely weather up top." She said before she hummed lightly. Her ears twitched a bit as it heard the subtle sound of him putting his gun away. She kept her smile though since he was at least one polite enough to actually keep the peace.

User Image
"Thanks."
He took a long drink, the cool liquid satisfying his dry throat before he returned it to the coaster.
"Hm? Oh, I'll take a few slices of fresh bread if you've got it."
He took another, smaller sip between questions before nodding his head, the white waft of hair at the front of his scalp swaying lightly with the movement of his head.
"Yeah, it's pretty nice up there. Then again the nice weather tends to bring the crazies out too. How's this place doin'? Last I remember it was a refuge for the supernatural."
A calm, polite conversation was a relaxing retreat for Jason, the tightness in his shoulders relaxing slightly with the quiet of the room and mood.

Desirable Businesswoman

User Image
User Image

Xenthara smiled. "You're very welcome." She then turned and headed into the kitchen before walking out with a loaf of bread on a wooden cutting board that had some pieces cut. She placed it down on the counter before moving her bangs a bit. "Want anything to spread on them?"

She then gave a small laugh. "Darlin' that's true. But then again the sun brings out all sorts of people. I'm more of a rain and thunder storm person myself." She said placing a hand on her hip idly. "Aye. This place is still the same...people comin' and goin'. Driving me up a wall like always. But then again on rare occasions it's nice and easy...and my Dryad of a bartender isn't around to pester me which is an over all win."

User Image
"Just the bread is fine."
Jason was used to the odd glances when he prefered his bread plain but if he were one concerned about odd looks from others he wouldn't have any free time to himself. He picked up a piece of bread and folded it in half before taking a bite. At being called 'Darlin' he arched a brow, wondering if this was going to become some odd nickname like the piexie referring to him as 'spot' due tot he white streak in his hair. The thought rolled off his shoulders as he swallowed the bite of bread.
"I prefer the night."
He took another bite from the bread while listening.
"What's a Dryad?"

Fashionable Seeker

User Image

A gentle push was made against the doorway, though no sound of padding feet was heard on the floor. The woman's crimson gaze flickered over the innards of the bar, a slow smile finding her visage. Scythe in hand, and a Raven 'pon her shoulder, Holly floated, literally, into the tavern.

As Xenthara spoke of the Dryad, a vine would raise from the bar to 'smother' her in what might appear to be a hug, ruffling her hair a bit before disappearing back into the depths of the Tavern's woodworks. The Reaver allowed a gentle laugh to this, as she daintily seated herself upon a barstool.

"Well, I have to ask, was it good for you?" Her nose wrinkled at Xen in mirth..

Desirable Businesswoman

User Image
User Image

Xenthara's eye twitched before she pulled a blade out of her pocket and cut the vine off. "Do it again Dhiz...I come not only with free snuggles and hugs but I have weapons on my person where no man nor woman can get to." She said slipping the switch blade back into her pocket before she looked at Holly. She gave an animal like snort before looking back at Todd.

"Night is the best time. Well that might just be because I'm not a fan of sun burn. I have enough red on person.." She said pulling some of her hair. "A dryad...is the worlds biggest pain in the a**. She is nature in a way...she controls all of the plants and stuff around." She said dully. "One day you'll meet her and actually get a full explanation unless the cradle robber over there wishes to explain." She said turning a grin to Holly.

"On honey...it was good to me in so many ways I think you should try it. Though I'm sure the thorns will be very comfortable for you." She then turned her blender on for her mudslide. She waited till it was blended before turning it off. "What do you want to drink? I also finished alot of cooking."

User Image
Jason gave the sudden vine and odd look as it appeared around Xen.
" Not to be impolite but if this turns into one of those japanese cartoon things it might be too awkward for me to help out."
Once the vine was cut away his attention turned the the woman who entered and the strange tension between her and the red haired woman. Jason kept his mouth shut for the moment, glancing between them.

Fashionable Seeker

User Image

Holly gasped, her hand going to her chest dramatically. "You slander me, lady Xenthara. Surely I am no cradle robber." She huffed good naturedly, before her crimson gaze flickered briefly to Todd. She offered a pleasant smile to the man, before her gaze slid back to Xenthara.

"Oh-ho, I didn't see any thorns on those vines, surely you're exaggerating, but it could be fun." The woman giggled, crossing her legs at the knee, the tattered dress exposing her bare feet. "Ooo, mudslide, count me in~. Well, count me in if there's any alcohol involved." A toothy grin was offered, as the woman shifted a bit on the stool.

The Raven 'pon her shoulder cawed loudly, before fluttering to the ground and tottering off to perch above the fireplace to rest it's wings and beak.

Her attention, however, flickered to Todd once more. "Oh no, it won't. Dhizzandra wouldn't sully herself in that manner, she's a rather unconventional greek. She could be worse, Xenthara. To answer your question, a Dryad is a Tree Spirit, or a forest spirit, nymphs, actually. But Dhizzandra is the Matriarch. They're the reason forests grow, and wildlife flourishes."

Desirable Businesswoman

User Image
User Image

Xenthara gave a grossed out expression. "Ugh...Just ugh...don't even go there." She said shivering a bit. Her nose scrunched up at the thought as she now was feeling a bit sick. She shook her head trying to get her damned demonic mind off of it. She picked up a glass and poured Holly her mudslide and placed it down in front of her before she poured her own.

"I'm sure Dhizzandra can simply make the thorns appear. She simply doesn't do it with me because in a way I'm her boss...and because I keep cooking her food. Keep the food coming and the preggy woman is happy." She said with a light shrug taking a sip of her mudslide. "Slander...huh." She closed one eye and gave a grin. "Not my fault you had a few heated moments with my nephew."

She then sat down on a stool behind the bar. "She can go be worse with her little song drake. Lets see how well he fairs against a total greeked out Dhizzandra." She said waiving a hand in the air. She then added to the last part of Holly's dialogue. "Well in the Greek religion that is...but then again it depends on a person's personal belief's and all. How we all live on one rock is well beyond me. Maybe that's why liquor was created."

User Image
Jason let out a laugh at their conversation, more so the reaction from Xenthara about his comment. He took another long drink of his beer as the women went back and forth, the description of the Dryad becoming more detailed.
"A nymph? Hm."
He grabbed himself another piece of bread, chuckling again as the grimace from Xenthara's face played in his memory again before he took a bite from the slice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff