Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, not that going in here did any good. What was he going to do now, climb out a window?

For a moment, honestly, Lethe considered it, one blue eye trailing wistfully over the windowframe (much too small) before sighing. No, that wouldn't do at all. For all he knew, that Mr. Derek Waters would call him tomorrow morning and want to reschedule. Oh, that'd be great. 'Actually, can we pick a different place? No, no, that place is just fine, just that I'm terrified to show my face there again because my friend came in and completely ripped me a new one in front of this girl. You don't happen to know any other places in the area, do you?'

Oh yeah. That'd be great.

Lethe sighed, his hands spinning the tap to cool water. With a slight stretch, the tall form bent down over the sink, the large palms splashing the quiet drops against his face. Wait. Lethe straightened a little, the blue eyes looking at their own reflection, blinking away the water. Did he just refer to Morpheus as his...friend?

A sigh, straightened again, the taps shutting off. Hands dried themselves briskly, and he gave a good shake, looking at himself in the mirror again before stepping back out. Not much to do about it now, right?

A hand slipped back through his hair, leaving small bits of water behind. Alright. And the word of the day was...Composure.

((Oh, hrm. ~rubs his face with a hand~ I just realized it's 1 here. Which means I need to start wrapping up if I want to be any kind of worthwhile at work tomorrow.

So....just a heads-up, folks.))
There's was a bit of a lift to Morpheus's chin as Aurelia spoke, offering him another drink. To which he nodded.
"Please."

As for the jealousy trick, he there decided that he didn't need to take it any further. Hell, he probably took it too far to begin with. There was no tact with this one, really. Like a machete in a bamboo forest, just a-whacking. If Luz were here, she probably would've smacked him. He smiled at the thought.

And then the victim departed the lavatory. Morpheus, quite calm at this point, just watched him, wondering what he'd do.

4,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
User ImageHe shrugged slightly, unsure if anything could ease his pain. "I don't know, to be perfectly honest with you. Renee was able to ease the pain when it flared with magic, but that was only temporary. I don't know if a permanent ease is possible. I've lived with these sins for three years, and I've been absorbing them for thirteen. My first memory is of the first sin that I've ever absorbed, when I was six." he said, laughing softly. "I don't know if I'll ever get used to it, but I'm hoping that I do, eventually. It would be nice to at least grow accustomed to it."

Desirable Businesswoman

User Image

Seran looked directly up at the ceiling. She then sighed. "I am needed once again..." She shook her head and then looked at the boy. She held out her palm and her eyes went pure white. A chained necklace with a charm shaped like a orchid appeared in her hand. "Wear this....it has the same type of magic Renee used to calm it down." she handed it to him. "I hope to see you soon...but for now i am needed in the heavens....please pardon my sudden leave..." She bowed her head and then vanished in a white mist.

(( Nya! it's late here and i have things to do tomorrow....may not be on till late >.< night everyone...and Silver...GET SOME SLEEP D: I worry about you sexy lady! ))

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all..

Aurelia nodded, taking hold of his empty glass as she slid off her stool. She went back around the bar and repeated the routine of pouring the bailey's. She returned the glass to Morpheus, smiling again "Here you are" before returning the bottle to it's place, even though he might finish this drink with equal speed as the last. She returned from behind the bar and hopped back onto her stool, crossing one leg over the other. "So what brought you here tonight?" she asked curiously of Morpheus, adding "If you don't mind me asking"
(( That's cool Lethe, it's 7 here so i don't mind whee was thinking of wrapping up myself
*Licks Xen* you thought i'd forgotten you didn't you? whee *cage dances for Xenny* >_^
..But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall.

((G'ight prettiful lady whee *huggles* I'm off to sleep shortly Xen, Silver's honour 3nodding

Desirable Businesswoman

(( last OOC for the night -purrs- yeah baby yeah ~.^ -kidnaps silver and brings her to my room for milk and cookies- ^^ tipped that post my love...I'll talk to you late then night all~!))

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
(( ooh, danke Xen o.O. *Ish kidnapped* mrgreen nuh-night, see you tomorrow 3nodding ))

The measured steps took him quickly across the room, the blue gaze taking in Morpheus chatting up Aurelia. A huff of breath escaped his nostrils, and the Demon shrugged internally. Ah well. To be expected, after an exit like that one.

Slipping briefly between the two, Lethe dropped a few dollars on the bar before grabbing his briefcase. An awkward pause, looking at the two. Well, might as well speak up.

"Goodnight, Miss Aurelia. It was nice meeting meeting you. You have my card." He wasn't really sure what to follow it up with, but instead turned to Morpheus. "And...interesting seeing you again, Mr. Parchasia." He'd deal with the man another night. Because Lethe was completely sure he'd be seeing him again.

In the meantime, though, time for a swift, hopefully-less-embarrassing exit. Which he did.

((Sorry to cut this so short. My head is insisting I get off this screen and into bed. But it's been a pleasure.

Aurelia-mun, thanks for the great Rp. And Momo-mun, good to see you again. Anytime.

Night guys! ~waves, and slips out~

Morpheus thanked her for the glass and downed it immediately like he did the last. And when she asked he spent little time considering it.
"I needed to sit down. I'm on my feet all night, you see." The thin fingers set the empty glass down on the nearby table and he turned his attention back toward Lethe who was promptly departing.

When the smile came this time, it was a bit weak, almost like he was disappointed. Which he might as well have been. Interesting, he said. Morpheus half expected the man to ignore him for the rest of his life, or at least give him a few choice words in return. Take his business elsewhere or maybe just give him a nasty look. But no...'interesting'....

He waved in reply, and watched the man go until he was completely out of sight before returning to the woman.

((You're always a pleasure, Seth. Until next. ^_^))

4,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
User ImageKeita took the offered necklace, putting it around his neck and smiling as the Goddess departed. He looked at it, squeezing it in his hand as he stood, taking his dishes into the kitchen and cleaning them, fixing himself more tea. He came back into the bar and sipped the drink slowly, looking around. He supposed it might be alright if he stayed in the bar, drinking tea and perhaps sleeping at the counter for the night. If someone was against it, he would hopefully be able to pay a debt of sorts and make his exit, he wouldn't want to overstay his welcome.

For now, however, the priest sat in his seat, drinking his tea and thinking over his conversation with the deity.

((I suppose I'll be going myself, then, since everyone else is making their leaves, as well. Goodnight to everyone, and pleasant dreams.))

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aurelia turned to Lethe as he appeared between them. "It was a pleasure to meet you" She smiled but he was already on the way out of the door. She glanced at the counter and picked up the money, turning once more to call "Wait! They don't.." but the door had closed. She sighed and placed the bills back on the counter, deciding she would give them to Xen anyway and she could decide what to do with them. She turned to face Morpheus once more "Does he always leave that way when you two go out together?" she asked, one eyebrow raised above her slightly amused expression.
(G'night lethe, dankeshun ^^. ))

((you can tell it's late, i forgot to format sweatdrop ))

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
((G'night Antremias, sweet dreams 'till next time 3nodding ))
"Well, I wouldn't know," Morpheus said lightly, tilting his head this way and that. "This is only the third time we've been in company." And far from it, they did not 'go out together.' It was coincidence that they were once again in the same spot. But for a second coincidence in a row, these meetings were starting to mean something to Morpheus. He figured that somewhere along the way that Lethe was going to be important for something in his life, whether it was for making maps or something completely different. The Earth worked her magic mysteriously.

Morpheus shrugged and ran his finger along the rim of the empty glass.

Dapper Ladykiller

11,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Aurelia nodded thoughtfully as she listened to Morpheus. She frowned a little as she replied "Only the third?" she turned her empty teacup upside down on the bar, to prevent herself from makig any more. "You seemed quite familiar" she finished. She noticed his empty glass again and asked "another?"

((Just to warn you, my next post will probably be my last. sorry Morpheus, I'm flagging badly V.V ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff