Welcome to Gaia! ::

UPDATES:

First page re-vamped and organized 0.31858407079646 31.9% [ 36 ]
If you're site isn't centered, it'll probably look like s**t to you. 0.19469026548673 19.5% [ 22 ]
Looking to hire! PM me about it 0.21238938053097 21.2% [ 24 ]
The hot springs have been improved and re-added to the first post upon popular request! 0.27433628318584 27.4% [ 31 ]
Total Votes:[ 113 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 486 487 488 > >> >>> »|

User ImagexxxxxUser Image
Best viewed with Centered Site activated.

User Image
                                                      Welcome to a Brawlers Bar & Inn

While exploring the city of Sigil, you find yourself in the Guildhall Ward** among a chaotic array of businesses; from bars to restaurants, shops to corner stands, brothels to underground markets. Something about a particular establishment, however, entices you to take a closer look.

It is the red light that first draws you to it's doors. You're eyes fall on a sign crafted from dark cherrywood, though you are surprised to see there are no words on this door. So where are you? Your only clue is the beautifully painted black cherry in it's center.

Nestled among the chaos, the red light above it's simple sign illuminates the building to allow for a closer look. Decored with red tinted windows and crimson trimming, The Black Cherry stands out within The Guildhall Ward as a unique establishment, one with the dark beauty of a thorned rose.

Upon entering, you find yourself in a bar lit by candles and tinted with lights of crimson and gold. Hookah and incense smoke linger in the air. Comfortably cushioned barstools are displayed along with scattered Hookahs patrons may smoke at their leisure, though some choose to bring their own poison.

User Image
                                                      Near the bar is a lounge furnished with large couches, trimmed in lace and maintaining the dark red and black theme that seems prominent throughout the Cherry. A pool table, dart board and grand piano are found in the lounge, and there is also a fireplace which is steadily kept burning, heating the area and creating a warm atmosphere.

The bar itself runs along the back wall directly across from the main entrance. atop the bar patrons will find ash trays scattered for public use, bowls of complimentary cherries, and scented candles. Behind the bar, and all along the Tavern, are flat screen TV's hooked up to cameras that watch what happens in the Pit. Details can be found below.

Up the stairs you will find rooms, and for a small fee they may be rented nightly. Every room is decorated with bouquets of red and black roses, restocked regularly. You can choose a single or double, and room service is available just as it is in a hotel, at an additional cost of course.

The place, however, is a paradox. Despite it's soft and alluring glow, the Cherry's patrons are generally a deadly bunch. It has become known as a brawlers bar, not at all a place for the faint of heart. Fights are frequent and encouraged and there are no bouncers, only a resident healer who reserves her talents for near-death situations exclusively.

Introducing Our Latest Addition
                                                      The Hot Springs:

User Image

Branching off of the lounge, through the back of the Cherry is a hallway that leads down underground, about as deep as it's infamous Pit, but removed from it; it is not part of the basement.

Upon entering it appears this is a very well kept cave of some sort. Stalactites reach down from the ceiling, as beautifully foreboding as the rest of the place. Candles burn endlessly by some unspoken and unquestioned magic, and bubbling pools of florescent blue offer their steamy, welcoming embrace. These are the indoor hot springs.

There are 6 pools total, three large and three small, offering the option of privacy for those who seek it. The larger pools can service 8-10 patrons at once; the underground caves span the entirety of the property which the Cherry sits on and are almost larger than the establishment itself.

With plenty of room to unwind, the hot springs are a hit with battered fighters looking to soak after a good fight.

**The Guildhall Ward is located in the City of Sigil.
A description from the thread "Sigil: The City of Doors" of the Guildhall Ward follows:
The old ruins of the old guild district that was once called 'The Free For All', many of
the remnants of old organizations beaten down by war are located here. This is the place
in Sigil with the most affordable and unoccupied land. Numerous businesses are rising
to prominence here.
User Image

User Image

If someone has a problem with you,
                                                    you don't take it outside.

You take it to The Pit.

While very few rules apply and brawls may break out anywhere, planned fights are generally taken to The Pit, located in the BlackCherry's basement. Anyone can use
    User Image
                                                            The Pit, so long as it's understood that there is no outside jurisdiction past those stairs. Those entering make and brake the rules. It's fight or die.

If you've seen Fight Club, it will be easy for you to understand The Pit's purpose. A beat up, heavy door held open by an equally heavy looking doorstop leads down into this arena. Unlike the rest of the Tavern, it appears unimpressive; just a dingy basement with a dirt floor. For training purposes, there are punching bags hanging from the ceiling in the corner, kept out of the way of where the actual fights are held. The walls are simply hard cement, and the rafters above can be seen. But it's what has been done here that makes The Pit incredible.

The fighters are endlessly thankful for that unimpressive dirt floor. A hard floor would make for a quicker fight; the dirt floor cushions the falls that brawlers are bound to take. You can smell it in the walls; the sweat, the blood, the screams as bones snapped and muscles tore, history had been made here. People had been torn apart, destroyed by their own rage between these walls.

One might notice that in every corner of the Pit, camera's are mounted to the ceiling. These cameras film every fight that goes on and feeds these videos up to the flat screen TV's upstairs. This allows patrons to watch the fights from the comfort of the bar, lounge, or hot springs, or even from their rooms if they choose to tune in.

Voice command software has also been added to the Pit, so fighters can opt to have music play while they brawl simply by yelling the word Play. If they want a specific song, they simply have to follow with the name of the song and the artist. Two manual interfaces for the stereo system can be found at the entrance of each of the two Pit's.

And yes, there are actually two arena's available for use, the one that the stairs lead to, and one that is accessed by traversing a long hallway with doors on either side. These doors lead to 3 private rooms, one belonging to Minerva, one belonging to Phoenix, and one that is empty for now, which had previously belonged to Lokas when he had lived and worked at the Cherry.

User Image

User Image

Genetic Genocide

Though, like most places connect with Sigil, The Cherry is a bit different than the average walk in thread. More so because it's based out of a larger world with a large base of decent great Roleplayer and diverse characters. It's a brawlers escape, and playground of sorts. Essentially it's meant to settle character disputes run random fights and the like. It's got it's own back story and edge, like any good tavern does. That doesn't take away from the fact that it is a good place for not only character development but to test character diversity.

User Image xSigil refers to another G.M. Thread, and it is the city where The Black Cherry is located. If you don't know what a G.M. Thread is, you can find details here.

User ImagexThis Tavern is run by Viice, who plays Valkyrie, Phoenix, and a few other characters who frequent the thread. Don't be disrespectful to other RPers or me, or you're out.

User ImagexThat being said, please note that the blacklist is located in the OOC thread. Just because there is no blacklist in the main thread doesn't mean we don't have one. I just keep it in the OOC thread for some odd reason.

User ImagexThis is a walk in Tavern. I don't want profiles, be descriptive enough so that I don't need one! If you end up being a bartender or influential to the Cherry's story line then I may ask for a brief summery to add to the above post dedicated to characters, but that's it.

User ImagexIf you're okay with being illiterate, you're in the wrong thread. I absolutely despise one liners or people who are careless about detail and I will let you know. Give me at least a paragraph to work with. That doesn't mean you can't make spelling errors, we all do it, I'm more concerned with the content of your post and everyone's ability to read and understand it. If your posts are flimsy you will probably not receive responses, but don't be discouraged by this, challenge yourself! If you come to the OOC thread and ask us for assistance or advice believe me, you will get it.

User ImagexPlease be mindful of post orders, and try not to skip people even if they take a long time to post. That kind of comes with the territory of posting here; we all have lives and we take our time writing good posts. Quality over quantity is usually how we operate. Also, please wait your turn, as skipping active members tends to cause confusion during the RP.

User ImagexOn that note, OOC is encouraged IN THE OOC THREAD ONLY. It is usually very active and I check it often, so don't feel that your questions or comments posted there regarding IC content will be ignored.

User ImagexI don't mind pictures in your posts, just don't go nuts with it please. Also, of course, respect the TOS with your pictures.

User ImagexI know the hot springs are going to bring all kinds of steamy romance scenes, but keep it within the TOS too.

User ImagexI am no longer strict about where fights are held. Have them anywhere, I don't care, as long as it makes for a good story and read. Please don't mindlessly destroy s**t for the sake of destroying it, because that's annoying. I prefer you fight in The Pit, but I no longer enforce it.

User Image

User Image

PM me to have your banner or a link to your thread placed here.

O u r xB a n n e r s

User Image

[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/the-black-cherry-lit-brawl-hot-springs-revamped/t.66179853_1/?sequence=1][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/7pXt87Y.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

User Image

[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/the-black-cherry-lit-brawl-hot-springs-revamped/t.66179853_1/?sequence=1][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/t6m3Vbw.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

User Image

[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/the-black-cherry-lit-brawl-hot-springs-revamped/t.66179853_1/?sequence=1] [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/M86OPzs.png[/IMG][/URL]

T h e i r x B a n n e r s

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

L i n k s

Evening's Desires

The Domain of Fetch: Domainus Aetheros

Sigil: The City of Doors

The Yard [A Brawler's Paradise, A GM Thread] O/A

User Image

User Image

User Image 6/7/12 - Construction and Demolition: The entire first page has been rebuilt and organized. Some catastrophic bar fights have led to the destruction of the Tavern and it is to be rebuilt once the dust has settled. Expect minor changes, such as the removal of the hot springs and an additional Pit in the basement so multiple brawls can go on at once [this has already been added to the Pit's description].

User Image 6/9/12 - Hot Springs Info: Before the revamping of the Cherry, there were hot springs that never got used. I decided to remove them for this reason, and now people are freaking out. So, I'm re-adding the hot springs tonight. Check 'em out, they'll be added to the first post, hopefully this time around they get some use!

User Image 6/29/12 - Posting Resumes: The Cherry is now open for business again. The dragon has been removed, and the bar is in poor but working condition. The bar is stocked but the shelves are all make-shift scrap for now. For the most part the glass and debris have been cleaned up and construction is ongoing, most of the rooms upstairs have to be rebuilt and new furniture is being brought in by the day. The Pit caved in on itself, so there's a huge hole in the middle of the bar that's being covered with planks of wood [easily broken] until it is replaced. The place is in freaking shambles, but again, it is functional and you guys can post now. Construction ends on 7/5/12 and the Cherry should be considered back to normal and fully renovated by then.

User Image 7/17/12 - Construction Over!: A little later than anticipated, but from now on consider the construction to be finished. There is a separate underground passage in the back of the lounge that leads down into the hot springs. There is also a new hallway branching off from the second pit that leads to the hot springs as well since they're all under ground. Remember: The Pit's entrance is off the bar, the Hot Springs entrance is off the lounge. Again, there are two pits now, two arenas, so that two fights can happen at a time. Between them is a hallway where 3 rooms are located [Phoenix's room, Minerva's room and what used to be Lokas' room.] Just a few reminders for you folks, I should have a map drawn up. ><;

User Image 12/20/2012 - A few additions: I have added flat screen TV's all around so people can watch the fights in the Pit from anywhere in the Tavern. A few other details have been added, such as voice-command stereo systems for use in the Pit, and further description of the main area of the bar. READ CAREFULLY!

User Image 4/3/2013 - New Employee: Finally we have hired someone who ISN'T one of my own OC's to work at the Cherry as a official employee. Milky, played by Oowl, has been hired to assist with bar-tending, cooking meals, healing battered patrons from the pit, and kicking out people who start s**t upon Valkyrie's request (honestly though, as you guys know, this doesn't happen often. I pretty much let you bastards do whatever you want to my Tavern). I'm hoping this helps keep around newcomers; I'm usually never around to actually bar-tend and that leaves people to their own devices when they first walk in...which usually means puppeting Todo and waiting for someone to interact with them. I anticipate that Milky will be much more interesting and engaging. His information has been added to the "Employees" section above.

User Image 3/24/2016 - Reviving the Thread: Sooo we were in a major hiatus here due to my move from New York to Florida to New York to Michigan (not joking). The Cherry was the least of my worries at that time and the months leading up to the move, but now I'm settled into a normal schedule here and I'd like to revive my old thread to its former glory.

and now we're....

User Image

x

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out