Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Seeker

User Image

"Thank you, muchly appreciated."

Amusement flickered in the depths of those emerald eyes as she was presented her hot cup of water. So few knew how to cook here? That took her by surprise and yet... it endeared them to her somehow, these strangers in this foreign place. Copperkey slowly dipped her packet of mint leaves into the water and let them settle to the very bottom. She kept her ears perked into the conversation, but her lips closed.

Nudging the cup's warmth into the palm of her hands she cradled it close and let her gaze wander over the other tavern goers. Absorbing their likeness just as she absorbed the gentle aroma from of the tea.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
In truth, Gil probably wasn't as hungry as the others. Her diet consisted of raw vegetative matter which meant she could go longer than most other carnivorous and omnivorous creatures.

True she knew that a hotplate would make a kettle steam but aside from that she had never had a need to get her hands dirty in a kitchen. "How about this. Everyone who is hungry look through and see what you want. Kitchen is open to everyone.." She told the group. That way there was no fussing over the cook not making things to order.

This brought up an idea, she would have to canvas the locals and find a chef for The Crystal Palace. Some homey housewife with nothing better to do than make delicious soups and pastries. "We can all agree to that yes?" She asked, scanning over everyone. Gil was definitely a follower, not a leader.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"You heard the Captain!"

He scooped up everything he could carry and carefully brought it into the kitchen, spreading it across the counters like a makeshift, lazy buffet. Out of this, he only grabbed a couple cuts of the local's butchered meat and was more than satisfied eating in a small corner of the kitchen as opposed to the open area of the tavern. Staying clean with raw meat wasn't necessarily an easy task. He'd have much preferred bringing his haul back to his own room to eat as he pleased but he feared that'd appear antisocial or suspicious. Instead he tried to scarf as much as he could down, with his back turned to the door, now before many followed him into the kitchen as Gil recommended. It wasn't a classy solution, but it worked well.

"I still wouldn't mind making something for someone, if they would like." He choked out in a polite conversational tone, nonchalantly trying to sound like his mouth wasn't full.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Well this was definitely a first. Not a single soul in the place jumped up and offered to cook as they rambled on about what delicious foods they could make. The closest thing to it was Curtis and his mention of omelet. She doubted the few times she actually put heat to her food could be called cooking but if no one else was willing then she wouldn’t mind taking the reins. Foreign kitchens always presented a problem for her but nothing that couldn’t be fixed.

Just as she was about to volunteer the innkeeper saved everyone by announcing a free for all in the kitchen. Make what you want. “Sounds good to me,” she said cheerfully, knowing that she wasn’t going to be in competition for the kitchen as it wasn’t needed. “May I get a plate and glass of water?" she asked the innkeeper before putting her attention on another. "Mister Curtis, would you mind if I partake of some of the meat you bought?” The look in her grey eyes said ‘please’ and that she wouldn’t eat it all. "I would love to try one of your omelets. I've only had one of those a handful of times. I liked them though." But then, the list of foods she didn't like was so short that it may as well be nonexistent. If anything, one certainly couldn't call her a picky eater.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Help yourself Miss Vee!" He hastily wiped his mouth. Luckily his jacket was dark enough to not show any stain he may have created.

"And what would you like in your eggs, hm? Tomato or perhaps for the adventurous tongue, this mystery vegetable?" He waved it about, displaying it like it was a priceless gem. Actually, on second thought, he wasn't even sure if it was a vegetable after all. To make sure of it, he sniffed it and considered how well it'd be in an omelet without trying it. With a small shrug, he made a quick hunt for the silverware cabinet until he found a decent knife with a wooden handle. "Pick what you'd like!"

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Swicket! was the word that loudly proclaimed itself in her head when Curtis told her to help herself. She wasted no time in hunting down the bacon and slipping a piece of the raw meat into her mouth. The look on her face was of pure satisfaction as her taste buds took in every ounce of flavor there was. She almost didn’t hear Curtis speaking to her…until he mentioned food. She watched as he waved, what she could only guess was, the mystery veggie around as she softly chuckled and wiped away a small bit of drool from the corner of her mouth. “Surprise me, Mister Curtis," she stated as she spoke around the meat in her mouth. "I’m not picky about food and if you leave it up to me then I would have you putting in a little of everything.” Her smile was playful but still said she was quite the adventurous eater. Having had a taste of the bacon delicacy, she found herself unable to resist the urge to eat any longer. No longer in need of a plate, she simply started at one end of the food line and started to make her way to the other end as she sampled everything they had brought back. If she was concerned about what people thought of her eating habits it certainly didn't show.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Hearing the request and then soon after seeing there was no longer a need for a plate, Gilrin's deft hands filled a clear glass with ice and spring water, setting it on the counter for Vee.

She could feel her stomach grumble a little but nothing too serious. In between the woman's sampling, she poked her own hand in the bag finding a piece of green fruit she did not recognize. She turned it in her hands and smelled it. With a shrug she daringly took a bite and found it to be much like a pear.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Most prefer their bacon cooked." He teased, hypocritically. She must have an iron stomach. He thought, knowing that anything raw was usually an introduction to an illness to the regular person. He didn't question it though, she took down a bear afterall.

He pressed the tip of his thumb nail through the fragile egg shell, and cracked it open from there into a cup. After this process was repeated a few times, he whisked the eggs around in a glass until the mixture was of one color. He licked his nail clean afterwards, though made a miserably sour face. Raw egg just isn't the same as raw chicken.

"Surprise you, oh?" A mischievous grin spread across his lips after he'd recovered from the egg's flavor. Quickly he began dicing through a couple vegetables, taking no heed if they would even compliment each other in matters of taste. Whatever looked good was now part of her breakfast. He dumped his collection of cut produce into the same glass, and poured the entire concoction into a pan to cook.

"It smells nice, does it not?"
He tossed a couple strips of bacon after the eggs had a chance to simmer a little. "And would you like anything, Miss Gilrin? Or are you primarily a vegetarian?"

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

When the keeper brought out her water Vee had a mouth full of egg. She put one into her mouth, shell and all, and was eating it. So that she could speak without making a mess she swallowed the yolk and continued to crunch on the shell. “Thank you,” she stated to the keeper when it was safe to speak. “I don’t think I’ve properly introduced myself. My name is Vibryo but most call me Vee.” She made her way over to the water and took up the glass in one hand as she offered the other for a shake.

In hearing the remark from Curtis she simply smirked and made a retort. “Guess I’m not most then,” she smartly stated, and proudly at that. If she had a free hand to spare he might have heard ’snap snap snap’ from her fingers after the statement. She was a teenager after all. Weren’t they all full of attitude? She took a small drink of water to help wash the egg down as she slighty nodded in response to his next words. “It smells wonderful and like you’re really good at surprises. Where did you learn how to cook omelets?”

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
She shook her head at the man's offer, taking another ginger nibble of the sweet fruit she held in her hand. "Not a fan of meat no." She said with the best smile she could muster.

Her eyes turned back to Vee and she shook her hand. "Nice to meet you. My name is Gilrin Cheval." Her voice became a little lighter when she said her name and held a funny accent. The closest the girl could come to translating her name into a human language. Despite being a vegetarian she had to agree with Vibryo, the omlette smelled rather good.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

Curtis visibly shuddered to his core, watching Vee devour the egg whole. It took everything in him to not take it from her hand like a child and say 'No, don't put that in your mouth!' He hid his disgust by hovering over the stove, flipping his omelet entree in the pan for the last time.

"You learn how to cook some basic dishes when mother-dear is no longer with you." He sang, dumping the complete meal onto a plate. He tore off a bit of a leafy vegetable and set it on the side of the dish, for superfluous decoration. "Tis a shame!" The wolf responded to the elf-like woman, while holding out Vee's plate for her. "It's good for you, you know." He winked.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee mouthed the name and seemed to think about it before coming to a conclusion. “That’s a very nice name. Your accent is lovely too.” She was glad the woman had a name she could pronounce. It was certainly one of the more unique names she had come across and sometimes those posed a problem as she tended to get tongue tied due to odd pronunciation. “Why aren’t you a fan of meat? If you don’t mind me asking.” She was quite sure the smell of bacon and the mystery meat, which was actually very good, was still on her breath. If she had known she would have refrained from eating it in the presence of Gilrin as she didn’t want to offend the woman. She didn’t say anything about it though when we brought it back, she thought, now believing that maybe Gilrin wasn’t as sensitive as some she had come across. “Oh! And thank you for the money to shop with.” She placed her glass down and removed the black drawstring bag, taking out the money that had been left over and handing it back to her.

The shudder wasn’t lost on Vee at all. She turned grey eyes to him as she wondered what had caused his discomfort. Hearing him mention the disappearing mother figure seemed to humble her as she smiled softly. “Yea, I suppose you do. Have to survive, right?” She took the plate in both hands, brought it up to her nose and gave a deep sniff. “Oh yes. I do believe this is going to be delicious. Thank you mister Curtis.” She gave him a grateful bow of her head before grabbing up her water and managing to find a seat at the bar. Once situated she started to dig into the omelet, using her hands to eat.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
She smiled to her two guests as they questioned her dietary preferences.

"It would be like eating one of my kind. Besides, my stomach is not made for meat." She told them both, figuring they had no clue what she really was. She had no words to explain it clearly to them. When her kind were closer with humans they used to call them 'aon-adharcach' but that was long ago.

"Thank you," she said to Vee happily. It was the fist compliment she had ever gotten on her name and she relished the moment.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Anytime!" He gave a plebeian's bow for the compliments on his dusty culinary skills. "Tell me if those blue bits of whatever-that-is is any good, will you?" Curtis beamed, ecstatic he could make a good omelet after all this time. After she had returned to the next room, he waited by the door frame to see if Miss Gilrin would follow suit. "One of your kind? Haha." He accepted her second explanation, of not being able to stomach it, but he just had to question her first in the form of a friendly tease. "You don't look like a goat to me." He thought if there was some mystical metaphor or reference to nature, he wasn't receiving it, so an explanation was very necessary.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Oh, well that explained things. Kind of. Vee wasn’t really able to relate to the reason as, as far as she knew, she was the only one of her kind so having the option of eating another like her had never come up. Granted, most beings she ran into didn’t eat their own. As for her stomach not being made for meat…she had a time comprehending that as well. She had learned while growing up that there was a science behind most everything, even if she didn’t know what it was so she just left it alone. For now. Instead, she just nodded her head in acceptance at the reasons given. “This is a nice tavern you have. Wouldn’t happen to have any rooms for rent, would you?” she asked as she continued to eat.

Bue bits? She looked down at the things in front of her and saw nothing. “I’ll be sure to do that,” she replied with a smile as she continued to eat. Instead of eating the omelet as a whole she started to dissect it, tasting this thing and that as she could dig them out. Being concentrated on the task at hand she simply listened to the conversation between Gilrin and Curtis.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff