Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"I would imagine." He was semi-relieved she was speaking of literal animals, though he was not sure if that conclusion was any less disconcerting. He imagined the creatures to be disturbing in appearance. Now he wondered how literal she was by 'alien.' Her misleading tones were fun, but often confusing to the simple-minded fellow.

"Oh it's a fun place! Fun place indeed. If you don't watch your step, a drunkard will be thrown right out of the tavern into the road you are walking on! Terrible thing, that. Stepping in his bile." He shuddered, with that happening on more occasions than he'd like to admit. He believed he'd never get the stench out of his shoes. He could go on and on with the subject of his home. For hours he could describe the grimy charm those dirty streets had, but he'd hate to ruin her impression of it before she visited.

"Bear isn't my cup of tea. Greasy meat, and it smells bloody awful when being cooked. Moreso than most game." He replied, in a serious matter-of-fact voice. But he never took down a bear by himself, unlike what she implied. He credited her skills to slay a huge animal like that to her job as an assassin, but it seemed more than that the more he thought of it. However, suspicions didn't have time to occur to him, before he was distracted again.
"Right! The cuisine." He agreed briefly, since food was brought up again and it reminded him that they were in a hurry to be back. Apparently though, Miss Vee had come to that conclusion before he had. He was pulled along easily, and even joined in her laughter as well. Though he was clueless what he was laughing at, as it was only a market, her glee was contagious. They probably turned a few heads. "What is on the menu?"

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee was oblivious to those around them. But, when one can’t distinguish facial expressions it was easy to be in such a manner. With Curtis in tow she came to a sudden halt in front of a stand that was selling meat. She hadn’t a clue of what type it was. Goat, she thought as she joked with herself and inwardly laughed. “Hmm…so, breakfast, right? Meat is usually served with breakfast, yes? So lets get some of this and maybe some type of bread…” She was thinking out loud and seemingly having trouble trying to make a list that would satisfy everyone back at the tavern. Though, trying to shop for people she didn’t know was never part of her forte. More so when she had to keep in mind that their diet was most likely very different from her own. “I don’t know. What do you think, mister Curtis?” Admitting defeat, never a fun thing. She ran a pale hand through her dual colored hair as she asked the butcher behind the stand if there was a favorite among the travelers; all the while awaiting a reply from Curtis as well.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Bread, yes, that is a must. And fruit will never fail you. Eggs, as well. And certain vegetables. Tomatoes and peppers in particular. That should do it." Curtis nodded, satisfied with his spontaneous list. It would be more than a modest breakfast if they could find everything, and no better way to open up a tavern for its maiden morning.

Out of his own pocket, he paid for the various cuts of meat he picked up. Scent alone couldn't tell him the species of the meat without the coat of the animal, but he didn't care to ask because in truth it didn't matter. It was quite obvious he was purchasing more than a few strips of bacon for the meal. He wouldn't mind sharing, but the other woman could pay for all of the other items on their list, if they could even find them. They'd perhaps even have fruits or vegetables he had never seen before, in this mountainous territory. It was a good thing she asked the local, he concurred, and received change for his buy.

[[Tomatoes are vegetables and you can't convince me otherwise.]]

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee made a mental note of all he had listed as they shopped. She seemed to make her way through the market with no problem as she picked out the items he had listed specifically along with a few foreign fruits and veggies that smelled interesting enough. She made sure to stick close to Curtis as when it came time to pay she removed the money from her bag and handed it to him. “I don’t know how much she gave me,” was the only reason she gave as she handed over the cash. The obvious thing would have been to count the money though if that were possible she would have just done it. There was more than one reason as to why she had called on him to accompany her to the market. With the teamwork of her picking things out and him, hopefully, in charge of the money their shopping venture would prove to be not only fruitful but speedy.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Very well!" Curtis grabbed the money.
Poking around the market gave him a good idea of what the little civilization had to offer and what the people that inhabited it were like. In the process of trying to find everything, he managed to get into a couple light-hearted bidding wars with a couple vendors. Negotiating the price down for Gilrin's sake was a fun sport that he had well mastered back at home. When all was said and done, and he felt they had collected enough, he turned for home. "Shall we return to our hall as heroes?" Curtis announced, in an attempt to sound valiant in his glorious shopping experience. After another small laugh, he again offered out his spare arm. The other was carrying a few bags of produce and his meat.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

“Oh yes, we shall. Only the mightiest of heroes brave a venture to the market; only the most elite actually return with goods!” she proclaimed in prideful triumph, chuckling and taking his spare arm with her own as she helped to carry back the food. There should have been a deep, haughty laugh in there somewhere but she didn't want to weird him out too much. “What type of business did you say you were into again?” she asked as they walked. “That was some experienced haggling back there. Most impressive to say the least, especially considering you’re a stranger to them.” She had witnessed many a haggling though most ended with some type of weapon being drawn. Curtis didn’t seem to need anything but his persuasion; she was curious as to how he did it.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Quite the conquest, that everyone will talk about!... until lunchtime." He picked up her hand, waving it in the sky with his, like he was shouting that victorious statement to the Gods. He enjoyed someone who could play along.

Upon her next statement, he dropped their hands again. The man winced when she remembered her previous question that he let go without a word earlier. "You know. Basic business. Speaking with clientele, spreading your name, keeping good connections." He drolled, as if the subject matter was boring and monotonous. "It does make for good haggling, though!." For one's life as well. He noted mentally. "Plus, who doesn't respect a man in a suit?" He elbowed her side, playfully, with a winning smile. It was nicer to get the subject on a less serious matter as they followed the path they came from.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Oh, who cared. She was having fun and when there was fun to be had it was either all or nothing. She gave a deep, haughty, hero laugh to accompany his words…which fell flat as if someone had pulled the plug with his announcement of lunchtime. “At that point we’ll let someone else prove themselves as heroes while we stay at the tavern recovering from battle injuries. Those women were pushy!” she exclaimed then laughed softly. They may have thought they had the best veggies but their technique of squeezing things had nothing on her senses.

When he listed off what he did, in quite the nonchalant fashion, she winced as if he were describing something gruesome. “Are you being punished for something? I can’t imagine why anyone would want to do such laboring tasks of his own free will. It’s simply madness. Pure craziness.” She stated the last in false seriousness as if it were fact and that was the end of the story. The charade didn’t last long, however, as she was soon laughing at his playful elbow. Hearing him mention a suit gave her more of an idea of the type of person he was. She was able to start forming an image now. “Oh, why yes, of course,” she said in a most agreeing tone. “Men in suits are the most respected. They always get the best tables in the best restaurants and the best women. Why you’re just crème de la crème!” She smirked and gave him a wink, realizing shortly after that she may have misspoke. She hadn’t exactly heard anyone use the term restaurant since she arrived. As it were, he would either know what she meant, ask what she meant or just let it go. Either option was fine with her.

As they continued to walk and carry on they soon found themselves back at the tavern. The trip seemed to have been faster coming than going but for whatever reason it was usually how most trips were.

((I have to call it a night. Took the liberty of placing us back at the tavern so that I wouldn't tie your character up again. Have a nice night. ^_^ ))

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
"I think I only have chamomile." Gil said apologetically as she opened a cabinet beneath the counter and rummaged for the kettle and tea bags.

Finding such she smiled, waiting for an objection as she walked over to the other and picked up her coins. "Thank you." She told the patron with a smile before going back to the packets of tea she had placed on the bar. Gilrin placed a single bag in an empty mug, trying the string around the handle.

She then proceeded to fill the kettle. "Excuse me." She told the two remaining patrons before disappearing into the quaint kitchen. She turned on the hot plate and set the kettle on before coming back out into the common area. It would take only a few minutes for the pot to get hot enough to scream.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"I know. Housewives are the mightiest of foe, as to be expected." He nodded solemnly, like they had lost a man among their ranks in the heat of battle. But keeping that sense seriousness was hard after that laugh. It was impressively loud, and no doubt would turn heads again from bystanding townspeople wondering what was so amusing.
"Punished for something, haha! I love my job. Heh, and the fancy restaurants too." He couldn't help but snort at the mention of women though. His association with the female kind was only usually with ladies of the night. He didn't disrespect them- he worked with a couple, on occasion, but they aren't the ones you take to fancy restaurants. In his experience, he learned that they'd normally rather have your wallet instead. "Crème de la crème you say?" He did an impression of his best French accent, while arching an eyebrow, and side-glancing in her direction to display (an attempted) mysterious profile. She was stroking his ego too much, his pride was swelling noticeably.

"We are back. Who is the best cook in the house?" Curtis set his collected groceries on the bar's counter, leaving them available for anyone to take a gander at.

Dapper Seeker

User Image

Copperkey managed to hide that little frown that dared to tip the scales on corners of her mouth. Chamomile. A dreadful thing that put teas to shame! One of her dearest friends found the flavor most enrapturing... While Key on the other hand...well...

"That's...quite alright." Key managed, bowing her head. "I would still like the hot water and cup, however. I do believe I may in fact have a teabag here...somewhere..."

The lass turned to her bag still hung about her shoulder and shifted the contents within. As she did her eyes turned to the other occupants slowly and carefully before they made their way back toward the bar. Then, with a little hurrah the magician pulled out a thin bag filled with herbs.

"Here we are." She smiled. "But, all the same, thank you again."

Tipsy Poster

She rested her elbow on the bar and nodded as the elf woman took the money before going back to work. For a while, Muka was content to slowly finish off the rest of her beer.

We are back. Who is the best cook in the house?

From her spot at the bar, her now empty pint of beer in front of her, she answered, "Not me."

Placing both hands on either side of her seat, Muka raised her body from the stool and shifted over two places so that she could sit closer to whatever he and the other woman had collected. "What'd you get?" She looked over a few of the things.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

No one bombarded them, cheered, offered metals of honor or even gave a ‘finally!’ Welcome back to the real world, she thought as she smiled and followed Curtis; placing her bag down next to his. She glanced around the room, wondering who was going to jump up in reply to his question of being the best cook. It was usually something people prided themselves on. She didn’t really require the food to be cooked and would have been happy to just shove her head into the bag and go to town but, she had waited this long so she doubted waiting a little longer would kill her. Though, that wasn’t for sure.

When the woman who had arrived with the creature outside came over and asked what they brought back she was more than happy to tell her. “Well, we got some bread, eggs, tomatoes, peppers and some fruit and veggies that are native to here. I’ve never seen them before but they smelled good,” she stated and smiled at the woman before continuing, “Mister Curtis got some bacon and some other type of meat. Don’t know what type of meat it is but it smells good too. We tried to get something for everyone.” She gave an apologetic shrug as if to say ‘we really did try so sorry if we failed.’ Managing to find a seat at the bar she sat down and gave a light sigh. She still wasn't tired but at the moment sitting was better than standing.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
"Welcome back!" She said to the two lovely shoppers, err 'heroes'.

She was fleeting into the kitchen at this point to fetch the hot kettle. She carefully brought it back out after turning off the hot plate, and placed an empty mug on the counter. Gil offered it to the girl with a smile. "Here ya go. Anyone else want tea?" She asked the room, filling her own mug with hot water.

Now she was no cook. She never had to. It looked like they were going to have to draw straws or something since no volunteers piped up.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Thank you! Oh, and I'd love some tea." Curtis jumped on his old bar stool, shuffling through the bags himself. Upon the silence and negatory answers to his question of who was cooking, he looked up awkwardly. "No one wants to cook? At all?" He glanced at each woman, awaiting an answer. "Surely one of you knows a good recipe or two." He questioned, disbelieving that each could get this far, or own a tavern, without knowing a thing or two about cooking. "...I mean, I can make an omelet." He offered, meekly. It was easy enough. He plucked a couple eggs from a carton and mazed them through his fingers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff