Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

John watched the others speak when his own stomach began to growl. He stood up and bowed to Gil before finding his way through the crowd. Finally outside he saw the stead from before. "Goodbye my friend, I shall see you again." John signed and offered the creature another apple before walking off back to his abbey.

Timid Hunter

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
She looked to the woman she had served and smiled.

"If you need a room feel free to take one. No charge, I like the company." She confessed, finding it pleasant not to be stuck in the place all alone. Besides, rest was need for any adventure and there was no other suitable structures for miles within the valleys and peaks of the range.

As John decided to leave she gave him a wave. "Thanks again, I'll be sure to stop by the abbey tomorrow. Lunch is on me." She told his fleeting figure. It was nice to have such unbridled support in Ironbluff, even if it was from only travelers.

Tipsy Poster

The animal stretched its neck out and greedily scarfed the gift down. It watched as the silent man disappeared from sight.

Inside the tavern, Muka set her mug down, wiping a hand across her mouth. "Really? That's awfully generous of you. By the way..." A fingernail tapped at the side of her mug. "How much do I owe you for this?"

At the thought of paying, another thought came to mind-- What type of currency did they use around the village? Probably not like back at home. Assuming that portal had transported Muka to a foreign country anyway.

Timid Hunter

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Gil smiled. "No problem," she said and really it wasn't. The drunk had left in such a hurry that the register had remained full and it really wasn't that much of an expense.

Now at the thought of how much to charge people.. It hadn't come up before. Truly her only incentive in picking up the tavern was to get a roof over her head. "Four gold." She decided on the spot, finding it a reasonable price for the decent beer.

Dapper Seeker

User ImageHer footsteps had led her along Ironbluff's rolling cobblestone streets and stone imbued walls. Her deep green orbs trailed over every stranger she met along her path, nodding her head in a gesture of goodwill and greeting. Her fingers trailed over the invisible threads of power that coursed through the breeze. And yet it was without a doubt that the smile playing over the Arro's face was from her current escapades deep into the heart of the mountain range.

The young woman had soon found herself in front of the Crystal Palace, the very place a local man had informed her to seek out. And as the rust haired lass let her fingers ensnare the handle of the door she could not help, but turn that copper tinged smile into an outright grin. With a small tug the entry opened wide and into the warm embrace of the tavern the lady did wander.

Timid Hunter

7,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Another nomad of the mountain. Gilrin looked up finding the green eyed woman.

"Welcome traveler. May I get you something?" She felt more comfortable greeting people and ready to serve them. The white haired woman direly hoped her request would be fore drink and not food since Curtis and the woman had not yet returned. "A glass of water, tea perhaps?" She suggested, knowing these things were readily available.

Along with all the wine she would ever need.

Dapper Seeker

(Sorry for the delay, my internet died^^;; )

User Image

When Copperkey had made her entrance into the building her fingers were nimble enough to close the door behind her without looking back... Not that it took one much effort, but she always enjoyed doing so in as quiet a manner as possible. And so the lass' footfalls brought her forward and over to the lady whom had greeted her. She gave a clear and gentle bow at the waist, rising back up with a cordial smile.

"Tea would be lovely, actually!" She beamed, adjusting the ebony vest over her torso. "If you have peppermint that would be marvelous. It'll do well to take the chill from my bones. The beauty of the region is tinged with cold wind..."

Tipsy Poster

A breath of air escaped her lips as she nodded. "Righty-o."

Alright, they used gold. So, she at least wasn't that far from home.

She reached into a pocket in her jacket and produced four coins. They were set down nearby on the counter for the woman to pick up whenever she got the chance to.

Muka took another gulp of her beer.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee laughed at his comment as she let go of his arm so that he could satisfy his curiosity and the fascination he had with the creature. “Well, I guess some lands are just different. Maybe this is their version of a dog.” She was surprised when the creature allowed Curtis to touch it without seeming to care; though she she still kept her distance. It was starting to resemble prey more than a pet to her and taking a bite out of someone’s pet usually wasn’t a good thing.

Realizing that she had been staring at the beast, she blinked and had to recall what Curtis had asked her. “Am I from around here? No, I’m quite the alien. But, so far I’ve come upon one interesting place after the other. How about you, mister Curtis. Are you from anywhere near here?” She figured she best not drop the formalities if fear of offending him as he seemed to be insistent on keeping them. While still facing him she started to walk backwards, hoping that he would follow so that they could get to the market and back. She wasn’t quite sure how long she could hold her composure as everything around her was starting to smell like food.

Sir Curtis Prise

Lucky Werewolf

"That's no dog." He said stubbornly, and removed his hand from its head. Aside from being strange and unfamiliar, it was about as interesting as a sloth, he thought. Subconsciously, he cooperated with Vee's hint to follow. He did a little jog to catch up.

"Alien? Quite the nomad, I see?" He didn't bother to prod for information beyond that, as of where she was specifically from. He probably wouldn't have heard of it anyways, since he usually kept in the small little corner of the world he knew so well. "I live in a large town just off the foot of the mountain." Curtis nodded is head in the direction he came in. It added little enlightenment, since there was only a path and some buildings ahead of them. "I wouldn't recommend the trip- too long for my tastes! Though you probably have more endurance, traveling all the time. But what brings you here atop this rock?"

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

“Oh? What do the dogs in your neck of the woods look like?” she asked, obviously amused by the fact that he refused to think of the creature as a pet. Once he was in step she turned to face forward as they walked; putting her hands in the shallow pockets of her coat. The conversation was helping to curve her urge by giving her something else to focus on. She nodded her head rapidly at being called a nomad. “I’m enjoying getting around the meeting different people and experiencing different places. I wasn’t allowed such things growing up so I guess I’m taking advantage of it while I can.” She looked over in the direction of his nod but couldn’t remember coming across a town anywhere in that area. She hadn’t explored everything yet so maybe she would go search it out next. His comment about it being too far to travel made her laugh as she spoke. “Well that can’t be true. If it were too long for your tastes then you wouldn’t be here. Unless there is a reason for you to endure a trip you would rather not take?” She looked at him playfully as if she had figured out some secret he was hiding. “I’m actually here just because. Business brought me to the surrounding area but once that was done I decided to see what else there was. Expand this mental map of mine a bit further.”

Lucky Werewolf

"Well, dogs in my neck of the woods look like-" It sounded like a loaded question at first. It took him a second to realize that it wasn't as playful stab at him. "..well...dogs. Furry, playful things that walk on four legs."

Her second question required more thought. He pondered for a moment, thinking of the correct way to word his venture without eluding to some childish folly of finding anything of value in this town. "The reason I came this far was that I over-estimated myself! I can beat you in a sprint- maybe... but if the journey is more than a couple miles- well. Then it's a game of the tortoise and the hare. And the hare does like his sleep." Maybe that was a little too negative. He has, after all, enjoyed his stay so far. "But I don't regret it now. Next time I'll take additional preparations is all. Maybe ride on the back of that critter back there. She had the right idea." He chuckled.

"But you came for mere curiosity then? I understand. And I do agree. It is a good thing to explore so much. On a great trading route no less. Plus it's always nice to have friends in high places." He smirked to himself, obviously meaning the height of the mountain rather than status. "What sort of business does a young woman like you partake in, may I ask?" The only nomadic jobs he knew of was merchants and children of religion. She isn't dressed like any nun I've seen...

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

“Ah! So we get to the real reason of it all. You don’t like that it has three legs!” she stated accusingly, though obviously in jest. “What if I told you that dogs from my neck of the woods were furless, walked on two legs and on top of it all they were slimy.” She didn’t know how but she managed to not grin from ear to ear. She couldn’t help but to smile, however, as she seemed to really enjoy this game.

“Over estimating oneself can have positive outcomes. Mainly in breaking limitations.” She smirked up at him before facing forward again. If there was anything negative to be taken from what he said she obviously had missed the memo. “You could ride upon something but then you miss out on stepping in puddles you fail to notice, getting poison ivy from accidentally wandering into it, spraining an ankle from stepping into a hole that, and you would swear by this, suddenly appeared there, oh and lets not forget the random animal attacks.” She spoke of such things in a casual manner as if it were everyone’s dream to have them occur. “All of that takes time. Time that comes from a good, long, aggravating journey.” If he didn’t call her crazy she would really be surprised.

She laughed at his joke while following her senses to the market. The area didn’t seem to be that big but once again, she had just arrived. “You have a great sense of humor, mister Curtis,” she stated, genuinely meaning the compliment. “I partake in that of assassination, as many have come to call it.” She obviously wasn’t shy or secretive about her occupation as she found no reason to be. He would either agree or disagree but at the end of the day she was what she was. "How about yourself? Do you partake in any type of occupation?"

Lucky Werewolf

"No, not because it has three legs- what...slimy?" He stared at her skeptically. Usually he wouldn't believe her in the slightest, but now after seeing Muka's funny monster, he couldn't tell if she was joking. "Doesn't make for much of a lap dog, now does it?" He brushed off his trousers, as if the metaphorical mutt had left a trail.

"But of course. Breaking limitations, overcoming obstacles. Those are the motivation to get started on hiking up a mountain. But those silly phrases don't help much at nightfall when you can smell things of the night in the area." He said. "A bear won't take kindly to being shouted at with the expression 'I can do anything with courage!' Then again, bears are usually grumpy folk." Curtis shrugged dismissively, enjoying the mildly sarcastic, satiric being by his side. "Ohh. Yes, I might avoid the ivy if I take a carriage." The wolf nodded. "But the potholes, the puddles, the attacks- why, you can find that in the exquisite town I left from!" He tilted his head fondly as he spoke. He lived in the nicer part of the city, but most of his work resided down in the slums and alleys that he was speaking of here.

"Oh, assassination." Her blunt honesty nearly knocked the wind out of him. Usually those with less socially acceptable positions speak in euphemisms or lie. She continued to surprise. He wasn't disapproving, and didn't even miss a beat in their steps towards the market that was now coming into view. "Lovely job. I can imagine the pay is nice. And those you work with- sweethearts, the lot of them!" He was speaking from experience, even if it didn't sound like it. He most likely worked with the same sort of people she did, though he never took on those heavier tasks (unless special circumstance). He preferred to soil names, use leverage, or extort his way to his money. It was usually a popularly disliked and unsavory job to most people he dealt with. Thinking of this, another, less literal, meaning for the words 'slimy' and 'dogs' came to mind. Oh. Is that what she meant?

"I'm but a businessman." He adjusted his collar, and said it with pride. She may have been forth front, but he was not.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

“Not unless you enjoy being slimmed on. It’s a mess really. Though in all honesty those aren’t the dogs from my home. They are what some call dogs, just not my people. My father had a cat that was furless, however. Imagine my surprise and confusion when I learned that most everyone else had a cat with fur.” That had ended all that she thought she knew about the world. Cats with fur, who would have thought. With renewed interest in the world and a forever open mind she rarely found things surprising anymore. Fascinating…sure, but not so much surprising. Seeing the motion of wipe himself down left her wondering what type of person he was.

“Bears, you say? Sounds like dinner to me,” she stated with a smirk that implied she very well might not be joking. “All of that traveling tends to leave one with an extreme appetite.” A thought hit her and she snapped her fingers at the epiphany. “Foreign cuisine. Another reason for a good travel. Well done mister Curtis!” she praised as, somehow, she had forgotten about the different foods. In hearing about his home town her eyes went wide in excitement and interest as it was now starting to sound similar to a place she had ventured to. “Sounds like a fun place. Rarely a dull moment no doubt. I‘m starting to realize that a great many places have certain things in common. Like the potholes and attacks.” Granted, most everywhere she went had attacks in common thanks to herself.

She simply gave a nod as he repeated her profession. Usually that type of reply was followed by some disagreeing views but his reply was different. The type of creatures a place held may not surprise her but people’s reactions still did. She laughed at his comment about her occupation, nodding in agreement as she spoke. “Oh yes. It’s wonderful. Can’t see why people wouldn’t want to do it, really. Not only are the people just agreeable all around but it has such great benefits. And the hours? Can‘t be beat.” Even a deaf person would be able to hear the sarcasm in those words. She could help but to roll her eyes at herself before turning her face toward Curtis once again. “Oh really? What type of business?” If she was shy about prying it certainly didn’t show.

In seeing people gathered at the market in the distance Vee picked up her pace from a casual stroll to speed walking in an effort to get there faster. She was very much enjoying the conversation but seeing the bodies was like seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. “We’re here!” she happily exclaimed as she would attempt to take him by the hand and pull him along at her pace. Everything about her person was shouting ‘come on! come on!', much like a child in an amusement park who couldn't wait to get on the next ride.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games