Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
The creaking door opening and shutting again alerted her to look past Curtis as a patron took a seat. Gil sincerely regretted not keeping the for sale sign out.

New to this new owner thing it took her a moment to think of what to say. "Uhm welcome. Can I get anything for you, sir?" Her voice a little shaky to the rather intimidating man. The white haired girl glanced back to the yellow eyed Mr. Prise. "Yes, purchased just today," she said happily. "Glad to accommodate you on your holiday." She gave a quick smile.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Just today?" The wolf gave an impressed whistle. "Quite the responsibility." He refrained from adding 'for a lady,' though it is what he meant. Running a bar is a difficult job. You couldn't pay Curtis to serve come of the people that stumble into these sorts of pubs. And females will have an even harder time at it. The perversion of some bar-goers could easily be described as disgusting. She seemed all too fragile for it.

"You will do wonders for this place." Curtis settled on that as a reply. It didn't sound confident, but rang with his signature optimistic attitude. He hopped on a bar stool beside Helion, under the assumption Gilrin would be moving behind the counter to serve him anyways. Besides, it made him more content, sitting there beside the bigger man. Curtis was only a few inches shorter and not without muscle himself, but his was nothing like Helion's arms. Curtis' hair bristled. It felt like there was an underlying instinct to ensure he was the biggest threat in the establishment- but without the aggression. He was by no means hostile and instead acted on these impulses by means of nonchalantly sitting up straighter, with good posture. Compared to the man by his side, the vain thing hoped to dim Helion's intimidation factor.

"Thank you for having me!"

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

Dawn broke and the sun shown as John awoke. He then started his day of repairs. Heading to the abbey within the morning he had patched the window, he'd have to go trade for a pane of glass, Fixed the alter, and cleaned the abbey till it was shining.

John took a break for lunch and then began his new task. John found his way to his root celler and then began filling boxes up with wine. He was allot stronger than most thought. With the boxes strapped to his back John made his way to the town, finally reaching his destination. He stood in front of the tavern and said a prayer for peace and safety for the owner and all the patrons before knocking on the door.

Tipsy Poster

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXTp-
Tp-

Tp-

Black boots tapped a steady rhythm on the road as she walked, curly black hair bouncing with each stride. Muka refused to meet the gazes of people she passed. Instead, her frosty green eyes scanned the buildings on each side.

The Crystal Palace-- a typical classic tavern it seemed.

And she found it right as the sun started to rise.

She walked towards the welcome site, dragging her horse/dinosaur behind her. It looked on, beady eyes dulled with boredom, as its current owner stopped a few meters away from the building. Her eyes fell upon the man that was standing directly in front of it, knocking.

Muka's form drooped slightly. So, was it closed?

She cleared her throat. "Is this place normally open?"

If he'd turn around, she would offer him a friendly smile. The woman had an elvish type of beauty in her face. At the same time, there was a certain hardness, her facial features stiff and her eyes piercing.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

John turned around to see another foreigner riding a wondrous stead behind him. The animal brought a smile to his face, he had never seen one like it. John quickly signed "Hello." and offered a hand to the beast to sniff. He knew better than to go up and interact with a strange animal. "It's under new ownership, she should be opening soon." John then signed and sighed realizing she probably didn't understand sign language. He then took out his notepad and pen and scrawled down the very same sentence he signed and held the notepad out for the lady to take.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Ironbluff, she had been told, was the name of the town. So far it was an interesting place with some interesting people. She couldn’t wait to see what more it held as she hadn’t been in the land for more than a couple of hours. All the same she had asked for directions to the nearest tavern as her stomach was once again protesting the lack of contents inside of it.

Vee strolled along the road with her hands in the shallow pockets of her coat as she kicked a random rock with her boot as a bored child may. The slight smile on her face accompanied by the look in her grey eyes as she seemed to look about said that she wasn’t bored, however. She appeared to be genuinely enjoying the sights, obviously not needing to look at the rock in order to kick it.

As the rock bounced down its random trail it was suddenly stopped short as it had run into something. Vee had reached the tavern and found herself standing in a line to get in. Well, at least she thought she had reached the tavern. It was always difficult when people gave her directions and sometimes she neded up in the wrong spot. "I'm looking for the crystal tavern. Can anyone point me in the direction of it?” she asked in a voice that was a bit more mature than what her nineteen year old features let on.

Tipsy Poster

The beast at Muka's side was strangely non-responsive. Its gaze met his dully, just like any common pack animal's. It remained still, not even extending its head to sniff his hand. It was nothing unusual though. Having been with it for at least a day or two, Muka had discovered it had a bit of a dismissive attitude. Stubborn as well.

To think its last owner had had at least twenty or so. How was he able to tolerate them so well and ensure that they would obey him? There must have been something Muka was missing. Oh well, whenever opportunity comes knocking...

She awkwardly scratched the back of her neck as she watched his first attempt to communicate with her. Giving him an apologetic smile, she bent slightly to read what he'd written. Her eyes flicked up.

"How soon, do you think?"

Well, whether it was an hour or a day, there were bound to be other taverns around the village.

I'm looking for the crystal tavern. Can anyone point me in the direction of it?

Muka turned her head in the direction of the new voice, eyeing the gray-tinted woman. She pointed with her thumb at the place in question and smiled. "Right here."

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

It was getting crowded. John was only there to drop off the shipment of wine. The stead paid no attention to him and another traveler approached. John shrugged unsure when the establishment was going to open. John reached into his pocket and pulled a green apple. He held the apple out for the animal to have, hoping it preferred vegetables to meat. One could never tell. John bowed to the new comer and looked back to the tavern once more.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Being new to this whole tavern thing, Gilrin wasn't entirely sure when she was supposed to open her doors and the late night conversation with the wolf didn't make waking up to a knock pleasant.

"Coming!" Her normally very calm voice rang out as she quickly dressed, if one could call it that. She rushed down the stairs with her white unkempt hair flowing behind her and unlocked the front door, flinging it open. "Yes? Oh hello John," She smiled sweetly after recognizing him and then it quickly faded as gray eyes saw he was not alone. "..and company." She extended the greeting.

"Please come in. Sorry about that." She told them all, stepping out of the way so they may cross the threshold.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

John allowed the travelers to enter before he heaved his load and walked into the bar. He set the four cases of wine down which contained 20 bottles each. John sat down and watched his new friend work. "Hello, and a blessed morning to you." He signed with a smile before scrawling down in his notepad. He handed the pad to Gil and it read. "These are for you, your bound to need stock. May I get some water please?" John looked around the establishment. Gil may have just acquired the property but it already had a different fell to it. Homey, and quaint, it was allot nicer than how the old owner ran it.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

The noise from the woman bolting down the stairs was enough to wake the lazing Curtis from his sleep. His muscles had a minor ache to them, but he couldn't have asked for a more comfortable bed that night and he didn't want to leave it now. "What lush could be wanting into a bar at this hour..." He muttered, uncharacteristically. He was no morning person, and wanted to bury his head into the odd-smelling pillow until his long-spent energy returned to him. But that wasn't happening, and his gnawing stomach demanded attention.

But before attending to matters of the flesh like hunger, his first priority was his usual routine of becoming fit for company. This involved a close shave of his 5 o'clock shadow (though for his breed, it was beyond that) and a quick shower. Afterwards, when he felt something more like a gentleman rather than a freshly awoken beast, he quickly donned his dapper attire and descended the stairs.

"Good morning!" He called, before even knowing who was downstairs. "More weary travelers, I assume?"

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Before even reading his note she eyed the cases with a bit of shock and then looked down at his paper. "Thank you so much. That is very kind of you and I certainly appreciate it." Her voice now restored to its natural cadence.

Gilrin now walked behind the counter, finding a glass and cleaning it before filling it with a few cubes of ice and fresh water they obtained from a local spring. Or so she had been told. "Here you are." She set his glass down on the counter inviting him to take up a stool. That's about the time Curtis came in. Gil couldn't mistake the scent of his cologne covering up the smell of wolf. In truth she preferred the latter.

"Good morning, hope you slept well. Can I get you anything?" She asked her friend, trying to sound cheery though they were both on the same page with mornings. Unicorns usually come out in the cover of night. "And if you don't mind at some point I may need your help rearranging this place.." Her voice trailed off a bit, hoping it wasn't too much to ask. It was just John had his hands full with repairs to the abbey, and Curtis seemed like a fit fellow.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

John sat down and watched a a man walk in. He smelt of heavy cologne and something else, like dog but different. 'She seems to have attracted a very strange crowd.' He though to himself with a smile. He loved seeing new faces in this old place. He drank the water and it was quiet refreshing. John was pretty tired from carrying the wine from the abbey. "Let me help you, to pay for your kindness." John scrawled down quickly and slid his notebook across the bar to Gil and finished off his water. He then also signed "Hello" to the man who entered. He wished he didn't have to use his notepad to speak. He was much more comfortable using the sign language his brethren had taught him, but he couldn't expect everyone to learn his ways just because he was mute.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"I slept wonderfully." Which was the truth. The moment he hit the bed last night, he was out. "Have anything to eat, I wonder? Or will I have to sample the market?" He was indirectly implying that he'd plan to raid one of the nearby herds. As an afterthought, he guessed she'd know exactly what he meant from knowing him, and he regretted not being more vague with his comment.

"Of course I will help! I wouldn't mind one bit. Tis the least I can offer for the free room." He stretched his arms, as a gesture to signal he was ready when she was. But with the slide of the notebook, he became distracted. He found it odd that someone would pass notes in public like that, and couldn't help but snoop. After finding the message of having nothing of interest, he looked back up at the man and awkwardly waved back. Curtis had no clue about what his signing could mean. "Hello. My name is Curtis." He offered a clawed hand out to shake.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
She read and waved a hand at the priest. "No no, you are the one who has been so kind already." She smiled sweetly, letting him know it would be no problem.

As far as food wen't she wasn't really sure what the place had. Though there was an old fashioned spit with matching kettle hanging in the soot covered fireplace. It was small, but would serve to cook up a small shank or scrumptious stew. "I haven't really taken a look. Feel free to rummage through pantry or kitchen." She pointed to the small swinging door barely on it's hinges that stood just to the left of the bar.

Of course Gilrin had understood what he meant and it showed in the slight gulp that came before her words. She knew what a predator was, but never judged them for their ways. Every animal needs a way to survive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff