Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

'Quiet for a dragon' He laughed, thinking that a joke. Or was it. He lost the ability to tell. On a second thought it may have not been so bizarre, knowing of a real dragon at least, but he wasn't going to delve into details such as if they could really be tamed, where they were, and things of that like. Especially if she was just picking with him again. "A mudlet?" He considered the name, before tossing his head from side to side, like he was indecisive on making a choice. "I still like dragon-steed. Sounds much more noble! To it, and you, for riding it!"

"But yes! Oddities, exactly that!" He listened, prepared to hear the bizarre but not really ready for it. To his relief, he leaned closer to sneak a peek at her pointed ears to realize her definition of oddity was reasonable enough. " Elven, are you?" That was much easier to understand. It was what he believed Gilrin to have been, anyhow. However, if she had gone on further about mages and portals, she would have lost him again. Smaller steps were best for him to learn of something.

"No. Not quite any 'oddities' myself. I'm more of an open book, for the most part. Always obvious." He flicked one of his ears while he explained to Vee. Curtis was becoming more curious as to how much the odd woman had the ability to see. So he turned his shock and awe into a learning game, naturally. He found himself sticking his tongue out, and making a few faces towards her, before quickly assuming his normal visage when participating in conversations.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
"Certainly," Gilrin said to the tall elf's request and fetched her a tall glass of ice water.

As she searched for a suitable bucket to serve the horse she took in the woman's comment. "Unfortunately I am no elf. Probably closer in kinship to your steed ma'am." Gil told her this with a smile, her long face lighting up a little. The woman had missed her little revealing spectacle and the unicorn had no intention of doing it again. She was far too embarrassed.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Finally! An understanding! Vee wanted to jump up and down and clap in joy but instead she continued to sit as her face beamed in delight. Perhaps a little over reactive but it was often difficult for her to find common ground on such topics. When Muka showed her unique feature all Vee could do was sit there and wonder what it was. From the comments made, apparently something Elfish. Her mind went to work putting pieces of a puzzles together. Muka’s movements along with what she could recall about elves. Her ears? She thought as that was the only thing she could come up with. It could have been a tattoo or some other feature but the only common thing she knew about were the ears.

“A mudlet?” she questioned, finding the name amusing. “Sounds like that name should belong to some type of small lizard that scurries around getting all types of dirty.” When Curtis spoke she put her attention back on him, smiling at his answer but not really believing it. “I’m not satisfied with that answer, mister Curtis. You’re far too much of an interesting being to not have an oddity of some sort.” The look on her face was playfully urging him to throw out a card, any card. As for his faces, he may as well have been making them at a brick wall. She may have been able to tell that he was sticking out his tongue with a good profile view but with the way she was facing him she wasn’t able to tell.

Tipsy Poster

Her eyebrows raised, eyeing Curtis with mock sternness. "Well, we're hardly a noble duo. That thing's far from a dragon." Still, she had to admit she liked the sound of that-- Muka, the Dragon Rider. She had to resist the urge to gleefully clasp her hands together. It had a nice ring to it. I've always wondered what it would be like to ride a dragon.

"Mudlet, lizard, dragon... Whatever you wish to call it", Muka said, shrugging. "Doesn't matter to me."

Curtis
"Elven, are you?

"Yes. Mostly anyway. There's still human in me." It was true she wasn't a full elf, but the ears said enough.

Her brow furrowed as she gave Curtis a confused look, watching the man make random faces every so often when talking to Vee. Eh? She didn't get it. Vee didn't seem to mind (or notice) anyway.

"Well, I think the appearance alone says quite a bit", Muka said, motioning towards Curtis. It wasn't said in a rude tone though. "It's unique enough."

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Uhh." He was having trouble coming up with an answer- he was too amused by her lack of reaction. She didn't twitch or laugh or anything, she really couldn't see him! He would have gone on longer if Muka hadn't noticed. Fearing she'd comment, he sat back to respond to Vee's statement. "I am not sure what you are expecting! I can't turn into a mystical creature," He doubted wolves counted, but didn't bother much to ask if she could even notice that. "No surprises, really. Haha, thank you, Miss Muka." He took her comment as a compliment, and straightened his posture in his seat. Unique. I like that.

"I can tell, well, somewhat. You don't look like you dress the same way as the elves." He told Muka, with a nod towards the woman Gilrin was speaking with. "I don't think you carry yourself the same way either." He casually observed. "And I thought elves knew their terrain quite well. They wouldn't need a map of a national park!"

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Half elf and half human…helf? Meh, maybe not. “Is there a technical term used to refer to your type of mix?” she asked Muka. She had run into many beings who were half this and half that but still wasn’t sure what to call Muka’s mix.

As Curtis spoke to Muka she wasn’t sure if he was just stating facts or insulting the woman. If his words were insults then he certainly had a charming way about it.
She couldn’t help but to wonder what was so unique about his appearance; not wanting to be kept in the dark…so to speak. She wasn’t able to see in detail in her current state but there was another way she could tell. “Would you mind?” she questioned as she held her hands up and slightly moved them in the direction of his face to indicate her intentions. She was good at coming up with a mental image from the input her hands gave her.

Tipsy Poster

Subconsciously, she fingered the corner of the map that was poking through the fabric in her jacket. She offered the wolf man a sheepish smile, scratching the back of her neck. "Err, right... Though I think it would really depend on whether or not they've been there before. That's always a deciding factor." It was true that Muka wasn't too good with memorizing directions though. Most elves probably wouldn't be spending their time in random parks too. Then again, it was a national park, complete with a forest, famous attractions, and everything. That had to count for something.

"Heheh, guess I'm more human than I am elf. I think the best term for any ratio of those two would be 'half elf' though." Assuming that that other 'half' was human by default, if you didn't bother to bring it up. Humanity always seemed like the baseline for intelligent species.

She blinked as she watched Vee hold her hands out, seemingly to touch Curtis' face. Could she really not even see details on an object? Interesting.

"So, can you only see my outline?" Muka curiously asked her. "But nothing on or in front of me?"

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Of course it is. I was only teasing. But it is easy to assume elves can just make their way through the woods, by the wind or songs of birds alone. However, I only reference this information from fairy tales." He smiled, boyishly. "Half-elves look just as lovely as the full-blooded ones, by my reasoning. I can hardly tell the difference physically. What other inconsistencies are there between the two?"

He looked at Vee, confused as to what she was asking. The meaning of such a gesture was lost on him. "Would I mind-...? Um. Go ahead." Curtis cautiously agreed. He knew she didn't intend to cause harm but he couldn't figure what else. He stifled a flinch as her hands drew nearer.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

With a smile, she leaned forward toward Curtis as her hands found his face. Her movements were slow so as to not startle him. She had found out the hard way that quick movements were startling to people who didn’t know her and such situations tended to not end well. As she explored Curtis’ face she spoke to Muka. Using a soft voice so that she didn’t come off offensive in any way to the wolf. “Half elf. I suppose that would make the most sense. I had thought it would be a term like ’helf’ or something more eloquent.” She paused for a moment as her mind sketched; her fingers traveling over his nose, cheeks and brow. “I can’t see anything on you, no. I can make out a simple outline when viewing your profile. Nothing overly detailed though. I can see where your nose is located and where your mouth is when you speak. I could tell you put your finger to your forehead earlier. But, just now when you showed that you were half elf…I don’t know what it is you displayed.” Finally, her fingers traveled to his ears. Her head cocked the side as if she had found something interesting; exploring the objects before releasing him and giving him back his personal space. “Thank you mister Curtis. Your ears are very interesting. Do you have a matching tail?” While a good portion of her hands were covered by the arm warmers one could still tell, from the feel of her fingers, the consistency of her skin. It wasn't so abrasive as if to feel like she would cut whatever she touched but there was a thickness there like that of a soft callous.

Tipsy Poster

"Ah, well..." Muka pursed her lips, crossed her fingers, and rested her chin on the backs of her hands, elbows coming to rest on the bar in front of her. "I don't think there are too many significant differences between full-blooded and half-blooded ones besides appearance. True elves are usually always a bit taller and more graceful. Even with a half elf though, you can see that they're different from an ordinary human. Pure elves are just more different. That and the ears." She fingered the point on her right ear. "Full-blooded elves tend to have more of a point. Mine are more rounded." She looked thoughtful for a moment. "...They tend to be more skilled at using magic as well. It does vary from person to person, but overall, yup, it tends to come to them easier."

At that, she held her hands up, palms facing outwards. "I can barely use magic. I've been trying to work on pyromancy for a while now, but so far I can only heat things up." However, it did come in handy when preventing a hot drink from getting cold and for warming herself up on a cold day.

"Helf..." She repeated the word slowly. Hm, not bad. It made sense.

She smiled at Vee. "I just showed my ears to him. They're pointed a little." Muka turned to face her directly, so that she could see her frontal outline. "So, can you see a little better if I turn like this?" She pointed at her right ear to help her out.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"What about the live span?" He inquired, recalling elves to have an unlimited one. And with humans having such a short one, hopefully the 'helves' weren't stiffed on the deal. "Why would you want to study that?"For some reason the idea of pyromancing elves seemed like an oxymoron in his head. Seemed far more destructive than what he imagined of elves. But of course he was seeing anything short of elves with flamethrowers. "My. Never mess with a magic user, I say..." He shook his head, much preferring to face people that could be undone by a single bullet. He did not want to have to worry about mysterious forces acting on him. Though when he thought about it, he wasn't sure if Vee ever elaborated on her weapon of choice in her profession. He couldn't rule out some sort of dark magic, after seeing those eyes- but it would probably sound racist if he asked solely off that. He decided to ask later, casually, if but to be a tad more wary around her.

"Matching tail?" Curtis reddened. It was an innocent enough question, but it always hit a nerve when asked, like if she had accused him of burying bones in the backyard. "Heavens no." The wolf stood up for a minute to brush his coat tail under him, as if it would prove it to to the 'blind' woman.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee sat and listened as they spoke of magic, trying to pick up on something to add to her arsenal of knowledge in order to help her understand the concept better. “Heat things up. You mean as in by creating a fire?” She knew of beings who could call fire at will but she had never heard a name put to the ability. As far as dealing with ones skilled in magic, she could only agree with Curtis. They proved to usually be a problem when on their bad side.

She smiled with Muka faced her, trying to give her a better view of her ears. “No, that doesn’t help at all,” she stated honestly with a soft giggle. She appreciated the effort being put forth to help keep her in the loop with everyone else. Getting an idea, she stood and slowly walked over to Muka as she invaded her personal space for a bit. She moved around her as if to get the best view as she spoke. “I can’t tell anything when you face me and with your ears being so close to your head I can’t really see them at all.” She stopped moving when she was halfway between being at Muka’s side and being at her back; reaching out a hand as her fingers found the appendage, if she was allowed to touch that is. “Now if they stuck out like the ears of mister Curtis then I would be able to see them.”

All she could was smile when Curtis seemed offended by the question she asked and proved that he had no tail. “My apologies mister Curtis. I didn’t mean to be rude. I’m just used to nekos, kits and the like having a tail to match the ears. But you are different I see. What makes your species special in that way?” Sensing his flush she decided to elaborate on it in order to, hopefully, give a better understanding. “Now, I can’t see details but I can tell that mister Curtis just blushed because his heat signature went up slightly,” she stated with a smirk as she playfully picked on the wolf, “The hotter something is, the easier it is for me to sense it.”

Tipsy Poster

"The life span's longer than a typical human's, thanks to the elf blood, but nowhere near as great as pure-blooded elves. I guess that seemingly infinite life elves have is hard to mimic." Considering that more of her relatives were humans instead of elves, it made her wonder if her own life span would be affected by that. It probably wouldn't be much longer than an average human's.

Curtis
"Why would you want to study that?"

A small, embarrassed smile spread across Muka's face at the confused tone in his voice. It would be a bit odd for an elf to favor any type of destructive magic, unless they were the elves from the darker side of life. That had obviously come across her mind before. "Interest", she suggested. She'd been raised in an accepting human community. It was through the charity of a holy temple, yes, but perhaps being around humans had integrated their racial traits more into her mind.

She looked down at her finger tips as she slowly and repeatedly tapped them together, thinking. "It's...always been interesting to me. The fact that what can be used to destroy can still be helpful, even comforting, when controlled." Besides, no matter how many times the foreigner considered other magics, they still lacked that...punch. That effect of mesmerizing a person while simultaneously making them wary.

Her head snapped up at his line after his question. "I'm not a violent person though! I'm not needlessly aggressive." At least not as much as some other people she'd come across.

"Not necessarily create a fire, though I've been able to create small ones", Muka answered Vee. "Just...heat things up." She was considering how to better explain it as Vee brushed her leather-like fingers over her ears, each of the digits possessing a certain thickness.

Vee
“The hotter something is, the easier it is for me to sense it.”

She straightened in her seat and raised her hands. "Like...?" In Vee's vision, the heat signature of the palms of Muka's hands would increase. "I can heat parts of me up along with separate objects. That's what I mean by 'heat things up'."

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"It wasn't rude! I understand, and it is not the first time I have been asked." His flush being called out on didn't help matters, and perhaps made his temperature escalate further. He tried to look down now, thinking that'd help disguise it, not quite grasping the idea of thermal signatures just yet. He tapped his nails on the bar's wooden surface. She doesn't think I'm a cat, does she?' His brow furrowed, upon her further elaboration. He didn't think he looked like one, but maybe to a blind woman who was basing it off of the sense touch and heat, maybe it wasn't a bad guess. "Well I'm not sure how to answer that. I'm not a neko, or kit, so it doesn't make for an easy comparison, really. More of a canine sort." It still didn't explain the lack of tail, but it was an acceptable enough answer.

"We didn't accuse you of being violent, love. Who doesn't like to play with fire?" He shrugged. "But if you do become skilled, you could be quite the little intimidating woman! But in theory, if you wanted to help Miss Vee see things more clearly, you could just warm up the object a bit?" He looked to both of them as he asked, curious as to whether or not his theory was accurate or silly. "Only in theory...I wouldn't want to burn down this place so that Vee knew what it looked like, haha.."

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

“What’s so bad about playing with fire. Just because you like a certain thing doesn’t mean you’re an overly aggressive person. From what I’ve witnessed, anyway.” Heck, she had heard that some people could use magic to literally turn beings inside out and somehow still keep them alive. Though they were real pleasant to be around. Muka seemed to be as pleasant as any. If she were overly aggressive in any way it would be a surprise.

When Muka heated her hands they immediately caught Vee’s attention. “It’s more than theory, mister Curtis,” she stated as she kept her attention on Muka. “Your suggestion toward her ability would indeed allow me to see objects. Though, if I really wanted to see the tavern then I would be able to without setting the place on fire.“ Her words were innocent enough but there was something eerie about her tone as she turned her attention to him. “Besides,” she said with a pleasant smile, “I know that there are tables there, chairs, the bar, bar seats, the kitchen…” She pointed out everything in the room perfectly then gave a shrug as if to say she really didn’t need to see it to know where it was. “I know well that you’re a wolf, mister Curtis,” she stated as she pointed at her nose. “You smell nothing like a kit or neko. Are you able to transform?” She had been wanting to ask that question for many a second.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff