Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Poster

She smiled at Vee and explained, "Appearance wise, a unicorn's basically just a horse with a straight horn protruding from its forehead." While she said it, one of her pointer fingers raised to the spot just above her eyes and she moved it outwards, imitating the horn. "Pretty simple." Not that she was any expert on the subject, but she could give a basic description.

"Admittedly, you're the first unicorn I've ever seen..." She smiled sheepishly at Gil and scratched the back of her neck. As many oddities as she'd seen, unicorns weren't part of them.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Very right.." He agreed, happy that the mysterious tension was dying down from all the occupants in the room. "If something were to attack, Miss Vee, I think we can all trust our lives in your hands, isn't that correct?" He nudged at her side, warmly. He'd feel a lot better when everyone else in the room let the omnious phantom go, even if it's presence was still felt. "Uh...no you weren't..you weren't supposed to eat that bit." Curtis twitched, watching her eat the leaf. "It was there to make the plate look 'pretty.'" He explained awkwardly, thinking that the whole idea of garnishes was known to everyone. It felt a bit weird now trying to demonstrate that that vegetable in particular on her plate was there for aesthetic quality. He hoped someone else would know what he was talking about, otherwise he looked rather silly.

Aged Shapeshifter

If there was a reply given in response to the stranger's recognition, it was that the weight of eyes remained. Perhaps it was encouraged by their willingness to drop everything-- even the transformation of a woman into a unicorn and back again-- over the pressure of a foreign gaze. They must have been paranoid before it had come along, it supposed.

But who wouldn't be with a wolf in the room.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

“A horse with a horn?” she questioned as she let the information sink in. When she did something with her hand Vee leaned forward a little so as to get a profile shot so that she could see what she was doing. She them mimicked the action, putting her finger to her own forehead as if it were a horn. “Interesting,” she stated with a smile and her finger still to her head. “What else is different?” She obviously found enjoyment in learning about this creature that was Gilrin.

With her finger still to her forehead she turned her body and put her attention on Curtis, a smile still on her face though only showing as a corner of her mouth turned up. She dropped her hand from her forehead as she spoke. “What makes you say that mister Curtis? You seem like a pleasant fellow but I wouldn’t dare drop my guard around you. Or, anyone here for that matter,” she stated as she looked to the others then back to him. “What about me would make you trust your life in my hands? Especially considering my occupation.” Despite her words she was actually surprised and even a little honored that someone she barely knew would say words like that. Most wouldn’t trust her as far as they could throw her but it was the reputation that went with the job. She had more morals than the average assassin but it wasn’t beyond her to be a manipulative liar if that was what it took to get the job done.

His next words literally made her scratch her head in confusion as she looked from him to the plate and back to him. Obviously having a hard time comprehending what he just said. “So, there was something on the plate that wasn’t suppose to be eaten?” She was testing her understanding to make sure she had that right. “Oh…” was all she could say to that at first. “I’m sorry?” She didn’t know if that was proper response or not but apparently no one had told her that things got put on plates that weren’t suppose to be eaten. “Pretty isn’t something that I can comprehend. I’ve heard it’s a good thing…to want pretty stuff. But, I honestly don’t know what pretty is.” She gave an apologetic shrug and felt that she should explain further but didn‘t know what else there was to explain.

Gosh darn it where was that gaze coming from!? Vee pushed it to the back of her mind to linger, trying to fall in line with the others and pretend, using that word loosely, like it wasn't there.

Tipsy Poster

Gee, what luck.

Her eyes briefly met Gilrin's, a small plea for help. C'mon, help me out here. Out of all the people who'd be qualified enough to answer...

Muka gave the curious teen an embarrassed smile. "Umm..." Oh boy... What else did she know about unicorns? Well, they weren't necessarily normal animals like horses. She was pretty sure there was some sort of magical quality to them that made them unique. Yep, that made sense. What else was there?

Luckily, before she had the chance to dish out anymore random "facts", Vee's attention was shifted to Curtis.

A breath of air escaped Muka's lips, a sigh of relief, and she quickly finished off the rest of her last sandwich. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, she looked at Vee quizzically. So, this girl had never heard of unicorns before and now she was saying that she didn't know what "pretty" was. Where exactly was she from? Who was she?

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
With that neck prickling feeling still looming in the air, she began to be a bit more fidgety.

"Most don't believe we exist, we don't interact with humans much." she shrugged, being a clear exception. She had to agree with Muka, Vee was rather strange. She would stay out of their conversation, keeping her pointed ears tuned in to everything.

"I think I'm going to get some air.." She told them, dismissing herself. Gilrin walked through the front door, wrapping her long arms around herself. Cool gray eyes looked around as she strolled a little bit away from the tavern, nearer to the town. She was looking for anything abnormal, any hint of what exactly had its eye on The Crystal Palace.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Especially considering your occupation." He said quickly, offput that his comment was misconstrued. "And I meant if something were to attack, you could dispatch them. I wasn't drawing attention to any suspicious behavior mind you. But your trust...well, haha." He stopped himself before he said anything too sarcastic. He understood there was no reason to trust him, or anyone- assassin or not. And he was one of the first to suspect her of possibly trying to run off with Gilrin's money earlier this morning, so he would definitely not object to the points she made. Nonetheless his comment was intended to be a compliment of her skills, and he hoped his added clarification fixed his poor wording before. But instead of fretting it futhermore, he continued on a lighter note.

"Yes! It is for decoration. Just decoration." The wolf continued to explain to her. "Haha, don't apologize! I'm not offended by you eating it! It is a silly custom, I admit...but I couldn't help it. I like things nice and neat." He felt mildly humiliated now.

"You don't want pretty things?" The small tint of the pinkish he had briefly in his cheeks from being embarrassed vanished from his skin. Not wanting 'pretty' things? Now that was something Curtis couldn't comprehend. "What is there not to want? Shiny things, silky things, expensive things..." He rattled off the list, mostly of items and things he coveted. It was so strange explaining this to a woman! "No reason to settle if you can get nice-looking otherwise..." The more he spoke, the quieter he became. He realized how materialistic and spoiled he sounded, but didn't mean it at all. He looked to Muka for reassurance. She seemed well put together, nice looking (more modern than Gilrin, would be a better way to put it), and even owned an exotic pet. If anyone else in this tavern didn't, surely she could understand where he was coming from. "Of course there is nothing wrong with regular things, it's- uh...Tis only my opinion...Purely a preference, really..."

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee had opened her mouth to say something but ended up closing it while not saying a word as Gilrin made her way outside. She looked in the direction of the door for a moment before giving her attention back to Curtis as he explained things to her. What started out as a giggle was a full blown laugh by the time he finished. She wasn’t laughing at him so much as she had never had anyone try to really explain things in such a way outside of her parents. Not to mention he seemed to get quieter the more he went. She could tell that he was trying to not offend her. No matter what Curtis turned out to be it could never be denied that he was quite the character and rather good company. “I know what you meant, mister Curtis. I just could help but to pick on you a bit.” She gave him an apologetic smile that said it was all in good humor. “Well, kind of. I really did feel a bit honored by your words. Thank you. Though I’m sure you’re just as capable as myself. And even perhaps miss…” she looked toward the female patron, still unsure of her name.

“Ah…well…” Now it was her turn to explain. “That’s not quite it. It’s not that I don’t want pretty, nice or regular things. I just don’t know what those words really mean when it comes to how something looks. Sure, I can feel how wonderful silk is but if you were to say red is better than blue then I would just have to take your word on it.” She gave a big smile, hoping that some of that made sense. “My eyes don’t exactly work like most beings. I can see you because I’m picking up on your heat signature,” she stated as she pointed to specific spots on her face. To either side of her nose on her upper cheek were six slits that she flared out so that he could see them. This also allowed her to see him a bit more clearly before the slits smoothed back down to give the illusion of her skin being flawless. “You’re little more than a red blob to me. I can’t even see your facial expressions. As for inanimate things…I can’t sense them at all while I’m like this. The table, chairs, the plate and the food on it…they’re invisible to me. Most call me blind. It’s partially true and not at all correct at the same time.” That was the best she could do without putting him in her skin so that he could experience it for himself. Although, if she could do that then she would have.

Kawaii Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul...

Єarane ʆumina Ӻlidais Ȁnwaman

~Mood~
~Current Theme Song~ Ride by Lana Del Rey
~Wearing~Ombre Flower
~Enamoured by~
~With~

User Image

Earane's hand grazed the door of the Crystal Cottage. She had come a long way from Lӧrien and she was petting her horse with her other hand, a white steed of great beauty with a braided mane. She tied up her horse and walked into the Cottage expecting many stares, she simply made her way to the nearest chair and sat, an elegant aire about her. She clears her throat and asks to whomever is serving. "Can I get some water please? For myself and my mare."

...no moral compass pointing north.

Tipsy Poster

She watched as Gilrin went to leave. Muka's hand raised in a small wave. "Alright, come back soon." Her words probably never reached her anyway though, as the door shut.

Vee
"And even perhaps miss…"

"Muka", she finished with a nod.

She studied the slits on Vee's face as she spoke. "Well, even with such interesting eyes, you can still understand the concept, right?" Muka pressed her pointer and middle fingers to her right temple as she thought. "Pretty is...how you dress, for example", she added in helpfully. "It's being able to look decent and feel...feel good. Let's look at what you're wearing right now. Your attire has some sort of style to it, doesn't it? You wouldn't want to walk around in mismatched, smelly, torn clothes with your hair all oily and mussed up, would you? Instead, you want to choose a certain way to dress that makes you look 'pretty'." Her lips curved into a grin. "Then of course there are more specific pretty things. Gold, jewelry, flowers, fancy clothes-- stuff like that. Of course what's considered beautiful in that sense can vary from person to person."

Her speech was cut off there as a newcomer entered. The woman appeared to be someone of high standing in the way she carried herself. Muka slightly nodded towards her and spoke in a quieter voice. "She can be a basic example."

Then to the woman she answered, "Ya just missed the bartender. She went outside for a second. I'm sure she'll be back soon though."

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Gilrin found nothing but sunshine and working villagers who smiled as she passed.

Temporarily satisfied she walked back to her tavern and blinked, seeing the newcomer. "Welcome. Sorry about the short wait, what can I get you?" She said this as politely as she could while making her way back around the long counter to tend to the lady. It was clear her mind was elsewhere.

Zinistra's Prince

Lucky Werewolf

"Oh- pick on me, haha."
He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling foolish for getting so worked up in the first place. And she was laughing! After the initial confusion, he joined her at his own expense. "Yes, I hope I'm capable! And I think she is too! If not, her dragon-steed is!" He was joking, doubting that beast would be capable of defending anyone, but he said the word on purpose. It was entertaining, imagining Muka having to explain a dragon to the same woman who didn't know what a unicorn was.

"Oh..." His cringe was reflexive when the slits on her skin flared upward. Previously he assumed she was an peculiar woman, so seeing an inhumane stunt like that out of no where, randomly in conversation, disturbed him. They reminded him in an odd way of a spider, and the alien look about it made the hair on his arms stand up. He found himself hoping the detail about not seeing facial expressions was accurate. He'd hate to offend the young woman with the shock plainly written across his mug. "..Right, right...That would cause a problem, wouldn't it?" He was speechless when it came to comments beyond that. He wasn't the best at reacting to things beyond his realm of reasoning. Curtis would need a few moments to recover from that one. He was silent during Muka's lesson on vanity, and again very baffled that he seemed the only one phased by these extraordinary displays. He didn't live under a rock but it sure felt like it.

"So uh..." He laced his hands together, as if he was beginning a in depth discussion, once he had a moment to speak. "Miss Gilrin is a unicorn, Miss Vee is a...um...blind, there is possibly a spirit watching us to listen in on our casual small talk-" He pinched the bridge of his nose, contemplating it all. "So what I am saying is, Miss Muka...is there anything you'd like to say while we're all being honest? I don't think my mind can get more open than what it is now."

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee paid close attention to the words that Muka spoke, getting some of it while the other some went over her head. She looked down at herself as if to examine her clothing before giving a shrug and giving her attention back to Muka. “I don’t really know what I look like. I can’t see the clothes. I have an idea but that’s all. Just as I stated to mister Curtis. All I see are red blobs that are you, me, him,” she motioned to Curtis, “and even her,” she stated as she motioned toward the woman who just walked in. “I can’t tell what you’re wearing. You could be straight naked for all I know,“ she said with a smile, making sure to say in a way so that it didn’t come off as a bad thing. “I don’t want to be dirty of course. Nor do I want to be smelly or anything offensive.” She made a face that purely said ‘yuck’. “Gold, jewelry, flowers, fancy clothes, looking a certain way…” All she could do was shake her head and shrug as she knew what those things were but they really meant nothing to her. It was starting to sadden her that she couldn’t grasp the concept, then again it could be the style of life she lived and how she grew up. Her parents never bothered with pointing out pretty things and now that she was on her own she never sought out such things. In remembering her parents something hit her and her eyes lit up like a light bulb going off. “Suit me. My mom would always say ‘that suits you well.’ You know, when the clothes were the right fit. That would always make me feel good and feeling good is the same as pretty, right?“ She had a hopeful look in her eyes as if she had finally found some common ground.

She gave her attention back to Curtis when he mentioned a dragon-steed. At first she hadn’t a clue of what he was talking about but then she remembered the creature outside. “Oh, is that what it is? I had dismissed that entirelyt. It’s mighty quiet for a dragon of any type. Usually those guys are rather…well, loud.” His discomfort wasn’t lost on her as she could sense it on him as if it were cologne. She had never been around someone who found her so….appalling? Disturbing? Weird? She wasn’t sure which of those fit but it was something like that. When he asked Muka if there was anything she would like to admit she asked him the same. “And yourself, mister Curtis. Is there anything spectacular you would like to admit? While we’re being honest.” Well, slightly honest. She hadn’t placed all of her cards on the table and decided it best to keep some things to herself. Not that she minded but there were some in present company who did.

Tipsy Poster

"That's it! 'Suit you', compliment you, and such. Those can be the same things as 'pretty'."

A sly smirk spread across Muka's face and she leaned slightly forward towards Curtis, somewhat amused by the stress on his face. "About any oddities, ya mean?" Not that she herself considered all of this to be perfectly normal. A real life unicorn and...whatever Vee was. It was a big pill to swallow. Still, dragons, flying penguins, jealous nymphs...mages that liked to cast random people into portals that led to who knows where... She'd come across some pretty interesting people before.

As tempting as it was to make some crazy s**t up, Muka found herself feeling obligated to be truthful. "There's nothing unusual for me to show." Sometimes simplicity was the best muse. "Though..." She tucked a lock of her black hair behind one of her ears, revealing that the top of the ear was narrowed into a rounded point. "If we're assuming that "unique" means non-human at least. The hair tends to cover them anyway. This is it. Promise. Last I checked, I can't shapeshift."

Then her eyebrows raised and she blinked as she repeated the name Curtis had come up with for her animal outside, which was currently tied up beside the newcomer's horse. "Dragon-steed..." She shrugged. "Well, I guess if that's what you want to call it, but... I...uh..." She looked defeated. "I don't really know what it is..."

She looked thoughtful. The mage had had so many. He had said their name at some point. What was it again? After a moment of silence, Muka spoke in an unsure tone. "From what I can recall, I think it's a 'mudlet'."

Kawaii Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
My mother told me I had a chameleon soul...

Єarane ʆumina Ӻlidais Ȁnwaman

~Mood~ Pleasantly Suprised
~Current Theme Song~ Ride by Lana Del Rey
~Wearing~Elven Celt
~Enamoured by~
~With~ Gilrin

User Image

Earane smiled at the woman and nodded. "Yes ma'am, good day. Can I have some water for myself and my mare. Please." She shifted to face the lady and tilted her head, observing the lady. She noticed the ladies ears and immediately lit up. She spoke softly to the lady as she fixed her drink. "You're an elf. It's good that I am not alone. It is good to be around kin." Earane was donned in a beautiful elven made dress and a hooded cloak.

...no moral compass pointing north.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces