Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image

-----Situated atop the loneliest of mountains there is a building of worship and devotion, long forgotten. The structure itself carved from the rock of the peak on which it sits, extending forth just over the edge of the cliff with man made supports keeping its balance. The only access to the rustic looking front door is an unsound bridge made of wood and tired old rope. It takes a certain breed to climb into the mountain range and venture over the vine covered overpass to explore the abandoned abbey.

-----As you enter you find the place is not as run-down as you once thought with only minimal age damage to the walls and floors.. The door opens up into a large main room with cold stone walls and ceiling letting in minimal light through sparse windows. On the far back wall of the room stands an alter, removed of its idol long ago. On the same wall but far to the left stands a wood framed archway which leads to the kitchen, dining area and twelve small rooms. It's clear this place was once one sort of monastery, but the symbols carved here and there are none you recognize. Rumors have been spread of this place, some of darkness, some of riches but none could be proved by any visitor. Still, the energy emitted from The Stonewall Abbey, draws many inside.

User Image-----Not far away sits the sleepy mountain town of Ironbluff. The people of the town make a living off small goat or sheep farms and mine rich iron veins throughout the mountains. They are known through the local trading routes to have the best weapons by far since the town contains a master blacksmith. Other amenities include a basic tailor, general market, and a tavern called The Fallen Doe. It is quaint, but offers hospitable rooms for travelers at a small fee, as well as a fully stocked bar for those cold nights on the mountain top.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
-----The Fallen Doe is a very classic little tavern and bar made of rich wood and dull grey stone. Halfway comfortable stools with rustic legs stand about the room with their matching tables and a long counter top. There is a humble kitchen area that contains a sink and hotplate and a stocked pantry. All other cooking can be done over the small fireplace opposite the bar equipped with a spit and kettle. The atmosphere is jolly and warm and the flow of locally brewed mead is endless. At least that's what the old days looked like.

The new owner is a fair, white haired maiden by the name of Gilrin. She is kind but very new to owning a business let alone running a bar smoothly.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
⊷ Ɍ υ ℓ ε s ⊶

◦ I am the creator therefore ruler. Questions/comments/concerns can be directed at me via Private Message or OOC.
◦ ALWAYS follow Gaia TOS.
◦ DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST.
◦ This is a semi-lit to literate thread. No Chat speak. I understand writer's block, but please have at least one paragraph in each post.
◦ Do not destroy property, this includes in both The Abbey and Ironbluff.
◦ Show the difference between words and actions with quotation marks.
◦ Designate OOC speak clearly, and accompany it with an IC post please.
◦ This will be an ongoing RP. All day breaks will be announced prior to occurring.
◦ Cursing, fighting, and romance all encouraged, just follow the rules.
◦ Characters may not be killed or transformed without their owner's permission.
◦ Rules subject to change.
◦ If interested in being a business owner or employee at an establishment, please PM me.

PLEASE DO NOT BE SHY! You can jump into any current plot and I will make sure your character is involved. If you have ideas or questions please DM me. wink

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
≼ Ҽ v ҽ ɳ Ϯ s ≽

January 21, 2017- Thread reawakening.

February 2- Thread opens.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Dawn broke over the horizon and the town showed its first signs of life as smoke rose from a few chimneys. Farmers kissed their wives and children before heading out to their fields to tend their herds and the smith's assistant stoked the fire.

The morning is cool and clear and just as ordinary as any other day in the village. The owner of the tailor opens his door welcoming any villager or traveler moving down the stony path. Old ladies were already making their way to the market, coin purses rustling with every step. Things were quiet, with only one thing sticking out from the common folk. A girl, hair like snow with a deep blue cloak pulled over her. The hood shaded her face, unable to hide a pair of pewter colored eyes that darted around the town and its people.

Tucked in her hand and barely visible to passerby was the map that had directed her sandal clad feet to this place. It was pretty and she felt very at home here. Passing by the local tavern she noticed a simple 'for sale' sign and an exasperated gentleman she assumed to be the owner sweeping the front steps. "Excuse me, are you selling this place?" She asked him, signalling the old building with her thumb.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

John wandered the town, basket of food from the market in his arm. He was the last priest in the town, and unfortunately mute. He was picked up by the order when he was a child, and brought up to be a priest. When his brothers left he opted to stay behind and take care of the town they were abandoning.

John walked up past the last of the houses and made his way up to the old abbey. It was abandoned now. He did his share to keep it up but time had taken it's toll on the structure. John finally found his way to the abbey and opened the old door. It creaked as it opened and birds flew out an open window. 'Kids.' He thought to himself with a sigh. John went about his work, sweeping the place, closing windows and average repairs before setting down for his lunch.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
The burly old man now looked at the girl with his beady little eyes, twitching his waxed mustache. He huffed and she made a face as he spoke with alcohol scented breath.

"Why yes it is! Only 400 gold. She's a bit of a fixer upper, but worth every bit." He said this looking from her to the building before them, admiring it greatly. The owner's head still tilted up, he looked down at the cloaked girl with a grin. "Are you interested?" He asked this in a way that showed off the salesman in him. The gentle sway as he reoriented his head to look at her more directly showed the drunk in him. The ethereal girl smiled at him and opened her mouth to say something but paused. Just at that moment a boy passed, on his way towards the old Abbey. He did not go unnoticed.

Her distracted eyes come back to the barman. "I am. Can I come back this evening?" He nodded in approval and she gave a simple 'thank you' before cautiously following the boy. She allowed him to completely cross the bridge before she hesitantly crept across, begging herself not to look down. Safely across to the lone peak she moved up underneath one of the windows. Stretching herself as far as she could she was just able to peek in for a moment, seeing the boy sweeping.

The girl in blue ducked back down not wanting him to see her as a voyeur. She moved over to the door and after a moment to collect herself pushed it open and boldly stepped inside. "What are you doing here?" She tried to demand him, but failed as her voice was just to sweet and calming. Besides, they had equal right to occupy the building and she was acting like he had trespassed.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

John smiled as he heard someone enter. It was a beauty of a girl. He bowed in welcome and set aside his broom. "I am the caretaker, this is my home." He signed hoping she understood. He waited a few seconds and then walked over to his basket and pulled out his bible. He flipped to song of solomon 1:6 and pointed at the sentence 'They made me caretaker of the vineyards.' . It wasn't exactly true but it got the point across. He also reached into his basket again and pulled out a green apple. It was grown in his own garden, he lived in a shack on the far end of the abbey property. John signed "Here, let me welcome you." and offered her the apple.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
She blinked as he motioned with his hands in strange ways. It made no sense to her and for as long as she had been visiting this tiny little village, she had never once seen him enter or leave the abbey or town.

This bewilderment was mostly apparent on her face she she looked at him and then down at the book her gestured to. The girl nodded, finally understanding. "You don't speak?" She asked him, hoping he could come up with a never clever way to answer her why; something more than a simple shake of the head. Her unnatural gray eyes intently stuck to this curious fellow as he made a neighborly offer.

"Thank you." She told him, taking the apple into her hand and quickly taking a bite. It was delicious and she could not remember the last time she had eaten an apple that was fresh. She glanced around, taking in the state of the old building. "I wonder why they left.." She mused this to herself aloud placing a slow emphasis on each word.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

John unhooked his collar and revealed his throat. There was a star white scar, as if someone has shot him with a shotgun. He redressed himself and signed an apology before reaching of his bible once more. He flipped to Pslams 32:8 "The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."" His brothers were instructed by the order that in order to spread the teachings of the lord they must travel long and far. John didn't know were they where anymore, but he stayed taking care of the abbey and teaching to the town. John removed his sandwich from the basket and then set the open basket on a pew next to the girl. It had a bottle of wine another sandwich and another apple. He gestured to the basket for her to take what ever she wanted. He then flipped to the book of john and pointed at 'John' and tapped his heart with an open palm.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
She made a little gasp of concern as he revealed the scar and the reason for his silence. His vow was a permanent one.

Again her thin pale brows came downward as she struggled to read the text he presented her. Making her way through it she nodded and looked at him. "Ok so you take care of this place. And everyone else is gone?" Her questions seemed insensitive and so she muttered a quick "I'm sorry," under her breath to him.

She took another bite of the apple he had already given her and shook her head no to his offer. "I'm alright thank you." She was quite content. Now she learned his name with his tapping of the page and she said, "John, your names John. I'm Gilrin. Nice to meet you, father." The girl dipped her head a little in a slight bow of greeting.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

John took her hand gently and shook it kindly. "The pleasure is all mine." John signed kindly letting go of her. "Are you the new owner?" He signed before finishing his sandwich. He then reached for his bible and began flipping through. He wish he hadn't left his note pad at home. He finally found Jeremiah 29:5 which read "Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat their produce." and motioned to the abbey. He didn't want the place to change, and he didn't want to move, but if god willed it he would find a new place to worship and teach. She seemed to be a woman to be trusted so he was glad she was the one to take over the place.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Gilrin was slowly beginning to pick up on the strange motions he kept using along with his Bible passages.

"Uhm no no, this place hasn't had an owner since the priests left. There is no deed, there is just..you." She paused looking at him for a moment before reading the short line. "I suppose your God has chosen you as the owner." Gil said this brightly, smiling at the silent priest.

Chomping on her apple she took a few moments of her own quietness. Looking around the large stone room she continued their conversation taking a seat on one of the wooden benches. "I'm more interested in buying that tavern from the old man in town." She admitted this to him, clearly feeling the same sense of trust between them.

Timid Genius

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
~Johnathan Cohen~

John nodded, a bit sad he would still be all alone. "The tavern needs a kinder owner, the man who runs it is not good to his patrons. It shall be an enjoyable venture for you." He signed and then sighed realizing there was no verse in the bible to truly portray what he had said. So instead he flipped to John 6:53 which read "Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you."" in hopes to portray excitement in her new venture. He himself made his own wine. He lifted the bottle from the basket and held it out for her. "Welcoming gift." He signed and then flipped to Matthew 25:35 which read "For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me." hopefully to portray his happiness of her arrival.

Desirable Millionaire

7,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Gilrin was special, not exactly from the world of man and so knew next to nothing about the Christian religion. She found the book he continued to show her to be laid out different from the few others she had laid eyes on. Each little piece she slowly read sounded beautiful but she was sure she was missing some lucrative meaning in them.

"Thank you." She said with a spark of uncertainty. Gil was reassured as he handed her a bottle of wine. Always taught to take things offered she took the gift and bowed to him again. "You are too kind sir. " The pretty girl raised her eyes up to him once more. "I will be right down the road from you now." She grinned knowing that the last priest would no longer be all alone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff