Welcome to Gaia! ::

"And the gate to the Abyss was opened, and his wrath and his fury were unleashed..."

User Image
User Image
Regret | Perdition | Transience
User Image

Again an awkward silence settles between the two women while Ko endeavors to find the right words, and again the longer the silence lasts, the more hope Ry seems to lose... though you wouldn't know it just by looking at her. If there was one thing that Kougre had noticed about the girl, it was that she was absolutely notorious for her perpetually stoic and expressionless demeanor; it was incredibly rare for her face to belie any sort of emotion that she might be feeling, if she was feeling anything at all, which was what made her so infuriatingly difficult for her companion to read, and served to frustrate the other woman on numerous occasions. But finally an answer was reached... even if it wasn't quite the answer Ry had been hoping for. Well, half-hoping really. Her expectations weren't all that high to begin with.

Perhaps it was the way Kougre had worded it, but hearing her say that she was attracted, but not 'in that way' brought a few memories up to the surface from the time they'd spent at that particular resort around a month and a half ago when they'd first met. It'd been obvious enough then, and to hear it again now, even though Ry didn't harbor any such feelings herself... it still reminded her -- a sentiment that's briefly reflected in the slightly downcast look in her eyes. Nevermind that the rest of what Ko was saying was actually fairly reassuring. Except for that last part.

When it hurts? What was she talking about. "Kougre," she starts meekly, "What do you...?" She's abruptly interrupted, not to mention caught off guard, by the faint glimmer of tears forming in the other woman's eyes. Of course, Ko was quick to turn away to try and hide it, and then cover it up by continuing with her explanation.

Ry wasn't sure what it was, but something about seeing her friend in such an uncharacteristically vulnerable and seemingly pained state tugs at something in her core. And as it turns out, Ko would end up receiving that little 'push' in both regards -- for when she'd finally finished, and turned back to the girl to offer her that little smile, she'd find that Ry had leaned in much closer, her face but a hair's breadth from Kougre's own. Normally empty golden eyes had an almost gentle depth to them now as she stares right into the scarlet opposite her... so close that from an outside perspective it might've looked like she was about to kiss her.

Ry, of course, was oblivious to this fact, as she seemed to be to most things. After simply holding Ko's gaze another few moments more she quietly breathes an understanding, "Okay." accepting Ko's answer and trusting it wholeheartedly. Then just for the briefest fraction of a second, it nearly looked as though the girl had shown the tiniest shadow of an actual smile. But it was gone just as quickly, leaving the eyes little time to even register the micro-expression.

"...so that all who heard his name would know it and despair."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Grim Angelica of Lust and Self-Indulgence

Well, this was... awkward. And that was putting it nicely. Ry's reaction to Ko's explanation was to... try and kiss her? No, she wasn't giving off those vibes; in fact, the feeling was oddly pure, pleasant in a way that dimly tickled some old, long-forgotten memory of a time she generally tried to forget. When was the last time she felt like this? Had she, in fact, ever felt like this, at least within recent memory?

The moment drew out long enough that Ko almost arched up to close the distance between them... but refrained, noting the almost child-like acceptance that Ry was displaying. What exactly was this woman doing? How could she say so much while uttering only a few words? And that smile... had it been a slip of the moment, or was it something else? Too many questions for one night, and yet now that Ry had her full, undivided attention, what was Kougre going to do?

Part of her wanted just to hold the golden-eyed woman, not because she wanted her like that in a fit of passion, but just because it seemed like something she should do - even though Ko knew better. Instead, she gently, carefully slid one hand out from beneath the sheets, cautiously venturing to place it atop Ry's own, closing her eyes as she did so. She wasn't going to force anything upon her companion, but if she allowed even that bit of contact for a brief time, it would mean more than she possibly could understand.

Forcing her emotions under control, Ko decided to push on her own a bit, inquiring "So, what about you? Why haven't you ditched this wretched excuse for a person yet? Same reason... that it just felt right?" Maybe it was too much for the woman to bear at a time, but Ko had to at least try; it'd been so long since she'd talked with someone and wasn't making dirties with them that she thought she'd forgotten how a real friendship worked. But this was more than that... something even she couldn't put into perspective. Maybe hearing Ry's words - if she had any more tonight, at least - would help her decide as well.

What's the worst part about being truly immortal?
You simply can't die, ever... even when you really wish it~
"And the gate to the Abyss was opened, and his wrath and his fury were unleashed..."

User Image
User Image
User Image

The look in the girl's eyes would be unlike what Kougre had seen from Ry before, almost curious as she tenderly holds her travelling partner's gaze for but a few moments longer, until the sensation of Ko's hand brushing over her own causes her to start. She stiffens instinctively for a brief few seconds as she freezes in place, a fleeting expression of something resembling fear or panic quickly flashing across her soft features as her breath catches in her throat. After another moment, however, she's able to calm herself and relax her posture, quietly loosing the breath that she'd been holding and -- in as comforting a manner as she can manage after mild hesitation -- allows her fingers to gently close around Ko's own.

Normally Ry would have tried to have backed out by now due to the discomfort that welled up inside her from being touched, but... there was just something she'd seen in Kougre's eyes that told her she should at least give her blanket-bound companion this much. So she fights the urge to pull back, though it's very likely that Ko is only the only person in all of creation right now for whom she could manage to do so. Though perhaps even more surprising, for both women, is that Ry goes so far as to lean in that last bit, serenely resting her forehead against Kougre's for a short while, allowing her own eyes to fall closed for the duration. Hopefully those messy fringes of her unkempt hair wouldn't end up poking the poor girl in the eye or something.

Ry couldn't put her finger on it... but it just felt like she was drawn to do it -- almost like some unconscious need of Ko's that needed to be acknowledged. Pulling back a ways and finally giving the other woman some breathing room, she readopts her usual lidded expression, eyes having since returned to their dull, dark golden tint. "Because you haven't abandoned me." she offers matter-of-factly. Granted, it was sort of circular logic, but it was as simple as that. Ko had been loyal to her, and as far as Ry was concerned, the only course was to reciprocate that loyalty. It was Ry's cryptic way of saying that though they hadn't been together long, Ko was a precious person to her. She just hoped Ko would understand the meaning of her words, few as they were.

Invisible Genius

8,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
Aria returned downstairs to see a new guest asking the room if there was any available rooms. She only saw Sam and she didn't seem to be paying much attention. The neko could tell by his dialect that he wasn't from around here. The tall man sounded city like. "yes sir we do have rooms available, is there anything else I can help you with?" The neko asked as she approaching the bar.
Sam blinked at the sound of her hostess's voice, and turned to see a newcomer. "...When did he get here...?"

Invisible Genius

8,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image
"He walked in a couple seconds ago... I think you dozed off, are you tired?" Aria ask in a soft tone as she waited on a reply from the new guest. The tavern seemed to be filling up faster than she expected but the company was nice to have. It was easier for her to get along with strangers than the people that knew her. The only people who knew her seemed to be people she didn't want to know her. The neko wanted to change that, She wanted the comfort of friends. She had only one friend but he was nowhere to be found. A frown tugged at the corners of her mouth. She could help but think that he might be dead like the promised her he would be if she didn't come back But in her mind she still felt that he was much smarter and sronger then they were. The frown disapated as reminded herself that there was no way they could have gotten to him, he was far too smart for that.

User Imageαяια мєℓσ∂yUser Image
"Must be," Sam sighed, pushing up her visor to rub at her eyes.

Newbie Regular

User Image
Adolfo S. Aureliano
The Gilded Wolf
Bianchi Family

"Two fingers of rye if you have any." Adolfo's response came as dark orbs caught the attention of the other woman around as she spoke. Eyes locked on the winged humanoid as he carefully examined the avian appendages on her back. If he wasn't already prepared the man would of mistaken the wings as part of an elaborate costume before eyes widen in shock. But he new better and after a brief moment of checking the winged woman the American moved his eyes back onto the less weird looking female.

Now the Neko! She didn't look so different. His mind could lie to itself. The ears were fake, and the tail an elaborate device Adolfo would remind himself less the vast difference in anatomy make him gawk like a child at a zoo. Doublethink at work the tall male took a few steps forward and found himself a seat to plop his butt down on. "You don't have a way to this place by car do? Just asking because I came here by car." He asked the neko, eyes moving around gawking at the decor and not the nonhumans less a gaffe come about.

Sam observed the new man for a second before turning back to her soup.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Grim Angelica of Lust and Self-Indulgence

The feeling, the sheer touch, was enough to set a few small, tittering giggles, the feeling of her hair touching Ko's scalp setting off the reaction, even motivating her to turn he head a little bit. But she didn't push the girl away - instead taking the moment for what it was: a moment. Something Ry might find surprising that Ko had very, very few of. Then again... this was the woman who barely formed more than five words at any given time. It was her way of responding to the touch of a hand.

That pure, unadulterated sensation sparked another long-lost memory; when or where was unknown, but it was definitely during a time that Kougre still honestly believed her curse, the Ache, could be utterly defeated. Another person that wasn't Ry, but a similar circumstance. A feeling of... joy, not ecstasy but simple, unbroken bonding. Strong enough, perhaps, that even Ry could feel it to a degree, what with her extended senses that seemed to pick up things that even Ko couldn't see or catch wind of.

And at that moment, she was brought back to Earth with what her companion stated next. "But haven't I already, in my mind at least?" she stopped just short of saying, barely able to contain the sadness that came crashing down. Now she understood, at least in part; Ry saw her as something different from the crowd, someone that had connected to her, and had not turned away since. But how long would that last... Maybe it was time...

"Ry..." she barely choked out, the flood of emotions - good and bad - overwhelming her as she forced herself to continue "I... I'm sorry, but... I don't know how much longer... I can keep this up..." It was obvious every word was a pain to say, especially after all she had just experienced. But what if she hadn't said it? Some part of her knew it was going to wound the girl, but it was best for her to decide if she wanted this to continue or not. If Ry couldn't accept that she had such problems... what would happen when her apparent affection was challenged by another?

"It's this curse..." she practically spat, her anger whelming up, and a different feeling came over her - something like a knot in her stomach, but it was located in her back, a slowly-building pressure that threatened to burst at any second. "This stupid thing I've been stuck with for so long I barely remember when it started. Every time I thought I had it beat, it comes back, driving me to... well, you've seen what happens. I... when it's like that... I can't hardly... control it..." Even as her anger built up, that pressure in her back got worse and worse... if Ry didn't change the subject, things might get dicey very soon...

What's the worst part about being truly immortal?
You simply can't die, ever... even when you really wish it~

Tipsy Explorer

No one seemed to notice the tigress take her soup and go off to a table in the back of the tavern hidden away. She didn't quite understand the look of disgust on the female's face when she offered her shirt to her. But in any case, I guess it is rather odd to wear someone's clothing they've been wearing all day. She noticed the angel, was she an angel? With those wings it was hard to tell.

After a while she dozed until she heard the door open again, and a tall man enter the tavern. This was turning out to be a nice little place Aria had going for her. She looked at him curiously, taking notice of him gawking slightly at the angel as well as the neko. Wonder what he'd think of her.

Slowly and silently Aries stood and stretched her body. She padded softly towards the bar and sat a few seats away from everyone. Her hat in her hand finally exposing her short white choppy hair and white tiger ears. The cat's tail slowly moving side to side in an absent manner. Her green eyes looked over the newcomer. Taking in his outfit as well noticing the way he looked around the little tavern she had come to enjoy.

"Excuse me Aria, I was wondering if you have any soup left? I'm a bit more hungry than I thought, although I guess I did doze off for quite some time." She looked towards the hostess with a soft smile on her lips. She seemed happier now that customers were coming more and more.
Sam looked at the tigeress, nodding at her to acknowledge her. She was interested in how this little scene between Aria and the new guy was going to go down. She hoped he made a fool of himself; she may be partially blind, but that didn't mean she didn't feel his gaze on her wings. She half-wished he wouldn't be staying long.

Invisible Genius

8,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image
Aria hated feeling like she was under a microscope .The neko's ears flattened against her head and her tail swished intensely back and forth. The Man had tried to make it less obvious that he was gawking by looking around the bar aimlessly but it didn't help. Aria could feel the gawking rolling off of him. You would think that humans would have gotten use to use by now. She hadn't felt this uncomfortable since she had escaped. "I don't have what you are wanting sir, Is there anything else i can get for you?" Aria asked a politely as she could manage.The neko wasn't accustomed to being rude to people but hasn't he heard that is is impolite to stare, no matter how much you try to cover it up. She Reached under the bar and pulled out a room key and slid it on the table before turning to Aries. "yes dear, There is plenty more, Chicken soup right?" aria asked reaching her hand out for Aries bowl.

User Imageαяια мєℓσ∂yUser Image

Tipsy Explorer

Aries could feel the discomfort coming from the other two females in the room. This man seemed to raise a lot of chaos quickly. Hopefully he could fix this situation before it got any worse, either that or go straight up to his room. She noticed the nod from the other woman, and nodded politely back.

"Thank you Aria, I truly appreciate it. Your cooking is divine, best I've had in years." She handed the neko her empty bowl. She was trying hard to help the stress levels ease up a bit. Conflict wasn't something she enjoyed all that much. Aries was more than happy to put herself on the spot to ease the tension in the others, even if she didn't know them that well. She still wanted everyone to feel as welcome as they did the first step they took in.

Aria was a sweet lady, and for her to come off rude was slightly astounding. Aries looked around the room, her eyes eventually settling on watching the other two ladies, but she always would look back to the man to see what he would say next. This could end really well, or rather terribly. Hopefully, hopefully, it will end pleasant.

User Image
User Image
User Image

The trembling in Kougre's voice... it sounded like the poor girl could break back out into tears at any moment. All Ry could do was listen; the words that the other woman choked up seemed pained, and laden heavily with regret. But why? Just a few minutes ago she was sure she had helped to bring her some peace of mind. She had sensed it, in a way. After all, she'd just reassured Kougre that she was an important friend -- one that she intended to stick by. But now, heaven help her, she could swear that she could almost feel the despair that Ko was sinking into. And for the next several, agonizing moments, she finds herself at a complete and utter loss.

"I... don't understand." is all she can manage for the time being, voice lost and weak amidst the confusion building inside of her. Watching her companion she nearly starts to panic, no idea at all what to do. Ko was absolutely freaking out and she hadn't the first idea why. Though it seemed that the girl under the sheets had more still to get off her chest.

Curse? She repeats the word over and over again in her mind, trying to make sense of the implications. During all their time together, Ry hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary with her travelling companion... at least, no more than what was usual. And now Ko was rambling; it hurt just listening to the poor woman bite back her sobs and fight to get the words out. But try as she might, Ry just can't seem to figure out what she was trying to tell her. None of it made any sense and -- then she has sort of an epiphany moment. A cruel, awful epiphany. Times when Kougre was 'like that'. As the meaning sinks in, her stomach sinks with it.

There weren't words for the feeling Ry experienced in that moment. One look at Ko and it seemed like every fiber of her being was screaming at her to console the girl, to pull her into an embrace and try to soothe the roiling emotions wreaking havoc on her. And God Almighty, she wanted to. But she just... couldn't. Though honestly she wasn't quite sure just where those powerful emotions had suddenly sprung up from -- some deep part of her that had been pulled to the surface upon the realization that someone she cared for was suffering. It was unnerving to say the least. Moments later and the understanding in Ry's eyes was accompanied by an unwelcome slew of thoughts illustrating for her in great detail what this revelation about Ko's plight would ultimately mean.

"Kougre, I... I..." she stutters hopelessly, still at a loss. Even at her worst, she'd never seen Ko like this before. Still another minute or so later all she can seem to get out is a sincere, "I'm so sorry..." She really did feel bad for the woman, she just didn't know what to do and it was eating away at her. "Is there anything I can...?" Her voice trails off. Truth be told, she really doubted that there was. Especially given the nature of Ko's... condition. However, she kept hold of her companion's hand regardless; she could at least do that much.

[ Ooc: I apologize if it seems like we're avoiding you guys. They started a conversation in their room and it's running a bit long, eheh. ]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces