Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Explorer

Aries smiled at Aria at the offer of food. "Would you happen to have pancakes, nothing special. Oh and perhaps a glass of chocolate milk?" The tigresses stomach growled as she said this. Her eyes started clearing of the far off look, something about this neko made her calmer. Or maybe it was the fresh air? She wasn't really sure.

She sat at the bar with her elbows on the counter top, her tail swaying softly. "The forest surrounding your tavern are beautiful, Aria." Trying to spark up a conversation that will take her mind off of what bothered her so much last night. Aries stretched out slightly, enjoying the feeling of her muscles pulling. She looked to Aria with a soft smile, enjoying the nice atmosphere.
"And the gate to the Abyss was opened, and his wrath and his fury were unleashed..."

User Image
User Image
Regret | Perdition | Transience
User Image

If Ry had known that somebody had been watching her dress herself, it's entirely possible she might have been mildly curious -- if not even amused, in a passing fancy sort of way -- that someone would have actually found the simple, unremarkable act of putting on clothes so interesting. Although the entire thing would have eluded her understanding. After all, it wasn't as though she were stripping down and bearing it all before changing her attire. And even if she were, it wasn't as if she had a body like Kougre's that could draw attention just by flaunting it at the right angles. Ry had her long legs, maybe a nice and toned stomach... but that was really it. Her chest wasn't nearly as large, though that at least spares her the difficulties of squeezing into her clothes like those her travel companion has to deal with.

Regardless, Kougre's sudden unexpected return catches the girl off guard, abruptly interrupting her musings and nearly causing her to drop the peculiar, delicate article that looked like it was much too small to adequately cover anything as she cranes her neck to look over her shoulder toward the approaching woman. "Kougre...?" she stammers after a moment, fumbling for words. All in a matter of seconds, the dainty undergarments were plucked from her hands, she was thanked, and her roommate had hastily departed.

Dull golden eyes aimlessly stare in the direction in which Ko had disappeared, blinking incredulously after her mind has a chance to begin catching up. Really, the blank expression on the girl's face could easily be read as conveying such thoughts most likely along the lines of, 'What the hell just happened'. In fact, her hands were still held out in front of her in the position they were in before the unmentionables had been snatched out of her grip. Her morning had just started, and already Ko was messing with her. Awkward moment indeed.

Ry indulges a contemplative pause regarding Ko's inquiry upon the now panty-clad woman's return. "My hair?" Another blink. Eyes tilting upward, she allows her fingers to feel around the dishevelled mess of ash-blond atop her head, recalling that, indeed, she hadn't bothered with it since both the rain and shower had turned it into a shaggy disaster. "Oh..." She tries in vain to flatten her hair against her scalp, but the stubborn strands just stand right back up, refusing to cooperate.

"...so that all who heard his name would know it and despair."

Invisible Genius

8,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image
Arai had to think about the tigress' request. Not quite sure she had chocolate milk or even the mix to make it. " Yes they are, when i was here alone i use to go and sit out there for hours just to read, sketch, or whatever struck my fancy at the time." She said with a warm smile as she started towards the kitchen. That was one of the reasons she loved this place so. The forest was so magical at all times of the day. Her favorite place was a meadow about a mile out from the tavern, it looked like something out of a story."Do you want anything in your pancakes, and i will see if we have any mix to make chocolate milk." Aria had pancake mix premixed just for this instance, every one loves pancakes. She walked into the kitchen and took out the butter and a clean pan. Setting the stove on low she started her search for the chocolate milk mix. Luckily she had some and started mixing it for Aries. She set the pan on the stove and put the butter in the pan to melt while she delivered the milk. "You got lucky, I actually had some mix." Aria said setting the glass in front of the tigress.

User Imageαяια мєℓσ∂yUser Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Grim Angelica of Lust and Self-Indulgence

Hanging her head in a mixture of mild bemusement and resignation, Ko turned to her bag. Really, how had Ry lived this long? Had she just brute-forced her way through life without even caring about things such as how her hair looked, how she dressed, or even how she carried herself? For however observant and loudly the quiet-spoken woman asked, she was equally oblivious to some of the most basic things. Sighing, she gingerly took Ry's hand in her own, stating to her "Just sit down for a moment. I'll go get my bag, and then we'll do something 'bout that bird's nest on your head."

Disappearing for a moment as she bent down behind the bed nearest to the door, she returned soon enough with her pack, plopping it down somewhere behind Ry as she rifled through it. As she sifted through, several things she never would go anywhere without were removed - along with a few others she'd swiped from the bathroom yesterday. "Alrighty, now I can help, but ya gotta trust me on this. I know you don't like being touched, but I can't just will this stuff into place, so just sit still as much as ya can and I'll try to make it quick and painless." Her tone as she crawled onto the sheets to sit on her knees was not sultry for once, but commanding, similar in manner to a mother telling her child to eat his or her veggies. Still, it wasn't as if Ry would actually agree to let her help, but at this rate she'd never get it untangled...

What's the worst part about being truly immortal?
You simply can't die, ever... even when you really wish it~

Tipsy Explorer

Aries smiled brightly at the thought of going into the woods. "It is a very magical place. I loved going off and wandering through them, it really relaxed my mind." She watched as she walked back into the kitchen. The tigresses ears twitched as she listened to Aria in the kitchen.

"Chocolate milk, my favorite. I guess I'll always have a soft spot for milk. Being a cat and all!" She laughed lightly at her joke. She drank her chocolate milk happily, enjoying the taste of it. It had been so very long since she drank it! The tigresses tail swished happily and she smiled an honest smile.
"And the gate to the Abyss was opened, and his wrath and his fury were unleashed..."

User Image
User Image
User Image

Given the amount of time that the two women had been travelling together, it amazed her that Ko still didn't seem to realize that Ry wasn't exactly the type who fretted over trivial things like her appearance -- holes in clothes notwithstanding, and even that was moreso an issue pertaining to comfort -- or how she was perceived by others. Well... maybe 'amazed' wasn't the right word. Perhaps something more along the lines of 'I can't believe she still doesn't get it'. Ko just kept on hastling and hastling her at every juncture. Granted, left to her own devices the girl would in all likelihood end up looking like a hobo. She was terribly prone to apathy when it came to earthly matters; she'd be perfectly content living life at her own, lazy pace and merely watching as the world turned. Kougre, of course, would never go for that. That woman was impatient to a fault, and unlike herself, required social interaction -- something that Ry was damned awful at providing.

Though it would seem she had just been doomed to endure some, and evidently with little choice in the matter. The girl briefly tenses when Ko takes her hand, that same involuntary reaction as always, slanting her would-be stylist an uneasy glance through lazy, lidded eyes. "I don't..." she ventures uncertainly, thought left unfinished. Truth be told, she wasn't entirely comfortable with the idea, as it sounded like entirely too much contact, but she trusted Kougre enough to believe she wouldn't do anything to make her additionally uncomfortable. Maybe. The 'quick and painless' line was what really got her. It sounded more like an execution than a grooming.

Ry's hesitation is painfully apparent as she begrudgingly concedes with a defeated, "I'll try." and situates herself on the edge of the mattress in front of Ko. As far as she was concerned, looking pretty was hardly a worthwhile excuse for enduring pain. She could only hope there weren't too many tangles for the woman to have to try and straighten out. "Just... be careful." she warns almost nervously, very decidedly not looking forward to it.

Invisible Genius

8,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image
Aria smiled and nodded to acknowledge the tigress as she went into the kitchen to make the woman's pancakes. She pulled out the syrup and a packet of butter and plopped the now finished pancakes on a plate and headed back to the bar. Scooting the plate to Aries, Aria set down the syrup and butter. "I hope you enjoy them" Aria set down a set of silverware and a napkin and decided to go out side for some fresh air. Aria walked out the front door and took a deep breath. She loved the smell of the air here. She started walking in no specific direction, taking in the trees and the flowers. She wanted to be here forever, she just didn't want to be alone anymore. She took a seat next to a tree and lean against it. She let her mind wonder as she enjoyed the light breeze and just relaxed. She would go back to the tavern momentarily, after she was finished reminiscing

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kougre nodded decisively in agreement, hiding a musing smile as she set to the task, situating herself far enough away that Ry had some personal space, but close enough that she could still work. Her hands had practiced similar maneuvers literally countless times before upon her own locks, and she worked through the other woman's hair in a quiet, concentrated state, retaining some gentle but firm touch at all times. Occasionally, she paused when her friend seemed to be resisting or uncomfortable, but remained diligent, applying conditioner and other things to various trouble spots that refused to cooperate initially, moving back to them once they were more pliable.

Odd as it may sound, it wasn't exactly a thing to get her worked up or excited; really, Ko fell into a routine, something that calmed and focused her mind as she moved, helping her forget the issues she already had enough of for the time being. When it came to actually combing, she let Ry do that, but gave her a guiding hand through the first few strokes so she wouldn't cram the teeth into parts that weren't ready to be pulled straight. Even when and where she did slip, she tried hard to make sure it was minor - she stuck to "being careful" as much as possible, always pulling back before things got too uncomfortable for Ry's tastes or her own.

It took some doing, yes, but it seemed the other was slowly relaxing as well, possibly understanding a bit of what was going on as it was repeated time and again. Almost no words were spoken aside from the occasional moan of irritation when something didn't go quite right, a muttered, empty swear (as cursing had different connantations for her than most) when Ko got frustrated with a particular spot, or a bit of quibbling aimed at the golden-eyed girl when she got antsy. Once she finished the back and her sides, Ko retreated for a moment, sitting on her haunches as she observed the work so far.

"Okay, that wasn't so bad..." she quipped, possibly being sarcastic, but not letting on whether she really was. "Ready for the very front?" There was a sparkle in her eyes, like she was genuinely enjoying this, probably because it was something she could do well, and thus she should take some pride in the combined effort. Still... the front would be tricky, even compared to what was done so far, namely because it was right in Ry's face. And Kougre knew what that woman did to people that got in her face in the wrong manner... Hell, how she was going to get there without standing right in front of the other girl, with her... ahem. If there was a saving grace, it was that she herself wasn't worked up now, as the act of grooming had brought her down a few notches, even being this close - no, even being able and allowed to touch the object of her consistent fantasies, even if it was only in a semi-personal way.

User Image
User Image
User Image

The longer this... molestation went on, the more unpleasant Ry found it to be. Surely her hair didn't require that much attention. It seemed like Ko was going above and beyond simply grooming the uncooperative locks into submission; all the additives and hair products the woman was using made her feel like she was at one of those ridiculous beauty salons. The girl's brow twitches in mild agitation but she doesn't say anything, despite very much wanting to leap up from the bed and decree that she'd had enough. Surely Kougre could have accomplished the task to an acceptable degree with just half as many brush strokes. Of course, the two women likely had very different definitions of what was considered 'acceptable'. And after a while more, Ry can't help but wonder if Ko was actually just playing with her hair for fun.

There were at least two more occasions where the girl was about ready to insist that her torturer stop before, at last, the worst of it finally seemed to be over, but unfortunately not before the comb maliciously snags a knot in one of its final passes through the ashen blond strands, evoking an unexpected and extremely uncharacteristic girlish squeak as Ry promptly reaches back to rub at the roots of the hair that'd been pulled. Who would have ever thought she was capable of making a sound like that. It was kind of cute, even. The girl mutters something under her breath after the fact, but it's mostly unintelligible.

Thankfully the remainder of the chore seems to go over fairly smoothly, though Ry's eyes continue to hold the lingering vestiges of mild irritation. Granted, if she'd ever bothered to actually take care of her hair, she wouldn't have had to worry about this in the first place; that in mind, she considers the notion of making a point to do so from now on. Nothing stylish... just enough brushing to keep the knots away.

The huff that Ry forces from her lungs upon Kougre's remark clearly enough conveys her disagreement with the statement, though other than that she keeps it to herself. Ko was just trying to help, after all... even though she was still somewhat convinced that the other woman had dawdled on purpose. She declines Ko's subsequent offer with a curt, "No, um, that's alright." and deftly scoots off the bed and back to her feet. She runs her fingers through her hair a few times over the area the knot had been in, adding quietly as an afterthought, "I can take care of it." Though truthfully, she'd probably just let it be.

After all that, she doesn't even bother to look in a mirror, instead scooping her scarf up into hand and flipping it up and around her neck, once, the tail fringes uneven as they fall over her shoulders and down her back. She'd leave her lengthy gloves unattended for now; the turtleneck's sleeves only reached about halfway down her forearms, but that was good enough. Turning around she settles her gaze on Ko, and after a pensive moment offers an appreciative and somewhat apologetic, "...thank you."

The yelp caught Ko by surprise, her actions grinding to a halt as Ry pulled away for a moment. She swore that spot had gotten treated as she whimpered a meek "Sorry... I didn't mean to..." in consolation. Thankfully, Ry didn't completely turn her away, returning after her bruised head (and possibly ego, as well) stopped hurting long enough for her to continue.

As she figured, the other woman didn't want her help anymore, and although she really wanted to just comb the hell out of those last few strands, the results were already a marked improvement. Despite her attempting to avoid one, Ko held a mirror in front of her, aiming it right at Ry as she replied "Alright, but at least look at how much better you look already," adding a sly smile for touch.

Yes, there had been pain involved, but the end product was stunning: with the exception of the untreated, unkempt area, Ry's hair was as smooth as silk, falling straight down with what was almost a glow to it in the present light. Even if she mussed it up almost immediately - whether on purpose or by accident - her hair would keep like that for the better part of at least two weeks or several showers, whichever came first. Knowing her, Ry was going to try and wash it the hell out as soon as possible, but for now she was markedly more attractive, even with the silly getup she had.

Putting away the mirror along with the rest of her things, Ko remarked "I just don't get why you try so hard to hide everything. You really look good, even without help, but you should at least try and take care of what you have." That sly smile never left her face as she scooted off the bed to get her boots (which she'd taken off to get her unmentionables back where they belonged). "Oh, and you're more than welcome. I actually think that was a bit... therapeutic, really." She wasn't about to mention all the time it took her to make her hair, skin, and whatnot as good as it was... That might out-right frighten the girl away for fear that she'd descend upon her one day to do as much, if not moreso.

Pausing to muse as she pulled the zipper up the side of her boots, Ko inquired "So, any plans for the day, or you just going to wander about like usual?" It was an almost rhetorical question anymore, but Kougre had her own list - namely, that she really needed to find a job, or some source of legitimate income. That promise came to mind again, making her head hurt a slight bit; there was just so much she still didn't know, except that Ry may hold some answers to questions that had plagued her for as long as she had been around. Separating from her consciously was no longer a viable option; it was more of a last resort, something that, despite what she knew, Ko hoped would never come.

User Image
User Image
User Image

No sooner had she timidly expressed her heartfelt, albeit hesitant, gratitude than Ry found herself looking back at -- well -- herself. Simple a thing as it was, it caught her completely off guard. It had also, however, caught her interest, though for a very different reason. Scrutinizing her mirrored image, the awkward girl barely recognizes herself, but soon notices something else as something within the reflection captures her attention and causes her breath to catch in her throat. For but an instant time seems to slow nearly to a halt, unblinking eyes unable to look away as the glass seems to begin reflecting something else... an image of someone who is her, but at the same time, is not. Eyes of bright, luminous gold stare back at her -- hers, but not hers. For just a split second, Ry sees herself in her other self, in the next few moments the reflection becoming obscured by a growing, blinding radiance until both it and her surroundings are engulfed completely in a flash of brilliant white light.

Blinking repeatedly, Ry shakes her head as if to clear it of whatever bizarre hallucination she'd just had, briefly narrowing her eyes to regard both the mirror and the woman holding it with a decidedly unamused, half-lidded stare. Where had that mirror even come from... Ko must've pulled it right out of her -- Ahem. Absently toying with her bangs, she slides her gaze elsewhere to avoid looking at Kougre's little grin, though even that reaction was probably enough to satisfy the coquettish woman's ego. "Because..." she begins dryly, following Kougre's musings, "I... don't like standing out." Yet another aspect in which the two women seemed to be total opposites.

Her tone of voice almost belies a sense of shyness, or embarrassment at the confession, although some of that could very well be attributed to the compliment on her looks that Ko had thrown her way. Which, ironically, is the very thing Ry is trying to avoid by wearing the clothes that she does; strange as it may be, she had her reasons for not wanting to draw too much attention to herself. That isn't to say she didn't appreciate Ko's sentiment, of course. "Therapeutic?" she echoes, still idling with the fringes hanging in front of her face.

The question goes unanswered, however, and Ry instead receives one in turn. "Not really." she admits half-heartedly, lazily pacing to the other side of the room but pausing mid-stride as she ponders a moment while glancing out the window, then adds wistfully, "Maybe I'll go out..." If nothing else, it would give her an opportunity to try and figure out just what in the world she had imagined and why.

Tipsy Explorer

Aries slid her plate closer, and grabbed a fork. "Thanks" She mumbled as she took her first bite. She watched as Aria left, her ear twitched slightly to follow where she was going. The tigresses wasn't sure why, but she wanted to make sure Aria was safe. So as long as she knew a general direction of her host that was fine.

The pancakes were amazing, and her stomach slowly stopped growling. After she had finished scarfing her food down Aries stretched herself out. She looked around, it was so quiet and tranquil. No one was downstairs though, if they had been everyone already left or went to their respected rooms. Maybe she would get a room there.

The tigress shrugged slightly before shifting into a tiger cub, and padded onto the front porch. She sprawled out, enjoying the sun hitting her fur. Right now wasn't a time to be intimidating, it was a time to relax. She purred happily as her body warmed from the suns rays, tail idly swaying and eyes closed. Yes, it was going to be a good day. She just had a feeling.

Really, was it so strange for her to carry such stuff around with her, being what she was? Similar to her compatriot, Kougre had never had given second's consideration that hauling a small beauty's shop worth of supplies around was queer. It seemed almost abhorrent to not, at the very least, include some of the basics... The mirror wasn't even that bit, really; just large enough to show her face and not much else when she looked right at it. Then again, maybe the pack was some sort of dimensional rift, given all that Ko seemed to be able to stuff into it and still hike it around constantly, but that seemed unlikely. Though perturbed by Ry's comments, she kept to herself, just shrugging it off as something else she was going to have to work at getting past one of these days.

The expression on her face changed from bemusement to mild confusion at the other's comment. Part of Kougre simply wanted to ask why, but that part - as did much the rest of her - knew that in all likelihood even Ry herself didn't know the reason. Or, at the very least, she wouldn't be willing to let that out just yet. Yet another mystery between them; then again, despite her openness, there were a few things Ko kept hiding from her companion as well...

"Well, I think I'll stick around here a while longer, try and force help onto Aria with cleaning or something. She blatantly denied needing any help earlier, but I've seen her working, and I swear that girl's got enough on her mind for three people. See ya when you get back I guess." Kougre's tone had turned back to it's usual indignant, almost Vally-Girl-esque tone before reaching the middle of that comment, sighing by the end to add emphasis to that. It was comforting that she could at least get away with that much around her friend, even if outright flirting or physical contact was either discouraged or outright banned. She left her black silk gloves on the bed, lest they actually get dirty from tending to whatever the neko had in mind.

Really, it was almost comedic how the two of them managed to get along for this length of time, given how truly... polar opposite they were, Ko pondered for a moment before opening the door. Sometimes it felt like they really were steady; other times, like some sort of half-baked primetime sitcom, a comedy of errors that never resulted in much of anything beyond mere silliness... and the occasional awkward moment. Odd how life seems to have a sense of humor in that manner.

With another forced exhale, she gave the other woman a nod of her head before grabbing her scarf off of the nearby rack (no, not that one), and laid it over her own. Even with how much of a libido-laden individual she was, Ko tried to adhere to some of Ry's wishes for modesty. Not nearly enough to completely imitate her, heavens no, but just enough that the golden-eyed female wasn't constantly passing strange looks at her. With that done, she slipped downstairs, just missing the tigress whom had just exited as she returned to her tea, which was still sitting out.

The moment Aria poked her head out, if she wasn't already standing around awaiting more customers, Ko practically blurted out in an amused tone "You really didn't believe you were gonna turn me so easily, did ya? I might not be so hot in the kitchen or behind the bar, but if ya need someone to clean or do some other manual work, I can help. A girl like you shouldn't have so much on her hands - or mind, for that matter - all at once."

Maybe she couldn't read minds to figure out exactly what she was thinking, but Ko was more perceptive than most took her for, something she'd learned plenty of in a... former occupation. Granted, most wrote her off immediately as a hormone-enraged hussy, but she could shock and surprise when she so wished to. In such an unscrupulous occupation, one was in a position to garner a surprising amount of information; men were easy to lull into a false sense of security when they had a warm woman by their side, and would talk or brag freely if they assumed the girl was rather dense and only interested in their money in the end. Hell, she'd even assisted in such a manner during a few of the larger wars throughout history, though that was a past she was just as quick to bury as the harsher memories ones she had.

Invisible Genius

8,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image
As Aria approached the tavern she saw the cub laying in the sun. She was so cute Aria just wanted to run over and cuddle her but she fought the urge. She knew how some people were about being touched. Smiling at Aries she had barely poked her head threw the door when she was all but bum rushed by Ko. "Well, I would have hoped so but it seems that my attempt has failed." Aria said with a smile she couldn't hide. Ko was right she had a lot on her mind these last couple of days, but she had her reasons. Aria walked over to the bar and gathered the plates, cups and silverware and stacked them neatly. "I don't really know if I have any manual labor around here. Everything seems to fix it's self, There was a draft the other morning but i haven't felt it since." aria state as she picked the stack of dishes up and hauled them into the kitchen quickly. Returning to the the bar Aria grabbed a water and made her way around the bar and took a seat.

[[ Sorry for not posting till now, I have had the worst headache known to man all day and no matter what i took it wouldn't go away, so I was forced to suffer through and here I am]]

Tipsy Explorer

The cub, Aries had enough sun for the time being and decided to walk back into the tavern. She didn't really bother shifting back into her human form, she was very comfortable being a little cub. Prancing into the tavern, her ears raised happily and her tail going. The little cub wanted some attention though.

She saw Aria sitting at the other side and padded over to her. She looked up at the neko with large green eyes. She sat at her feet before tilting her head slightly. She was hoping for some kind of affection, at least for a little while. If she didn't though, she would have walked away and pranced around for a while before finally shifting back. For now though, she was enjoying the feeling of being a little cub.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff