Greedy Hunter

((OoC: Waiting.))

Greedy Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
BAcK fRoM HiATuS!

The owner sat at his bar, casually slouched over, drumming his black-tipped claws across the surface, a light drink in the other hand. "Kch..." His ashen hair seemed a bit messier than usual, but was rather 'drooped' down; not as groomed perhaps. It would seem the demon was in a bit of a 'slump', in mood, appearance, and business, as the entire lounge was mostly abandoned. This had mainly been do to unpleasant company and a lack of employees and staff. That, and he had a feeling the new succubi-run nightclub across town had been stealing what little customers he had been getting to begin with. "What a rut..." he muttered to himself, eyes shifting from the bar and over the faint amount of dust that had settled. "Sure it's not all that 'enticing' or... 'exciting'... or lively... But I think she's still got charm... Places like that give me a damn headache anyways... ******** it." The demon took a large swig from his drink, downing the rest of it. "They'll come... Always have, always will..." He chuckled darkly to himself, getting up to pour another glass.

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
With one final cursory look around and a brush of her fingertips over her gun, Rhea set down the stairs, careful not to touch the blackened brick. She wasn't sure what magics had made it look like that, but she didn't want any of its residue on herself. There was no telling what sort of effect it might have on here. This was where demons and hellions roamed. The human paused by the door, then entered, dark eyes slowly becoming accustomed to the lighting. Her heavy boots thudded quietly on the floor as she headed for the bar, a braid of brown hair swinging behind her. She glanced towards the few occupants-- well, occupant, before settling herself into a seat. Someone had been muttering quietly and now was pouring himself a drink. She cocked a brow.
"Slow night?" Rhea asked while shrugging off her thick leather jacket somewhat awkwardly. She tilted her body to the side, trying not to tip the entire seat over. It was pretty evident why after. One arm. She put her jacket over her lap and set her good arm on the bar, ordering Aqua Regia from the bar tender and glancing to the other man behind the bar calmly, wondering if she'd get an answer.

Greedy Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
His gleaming sanguine eyes had already been following her, since the moment she had oh so cautiously and casually strolled through his door. He chuckled darkly and licked his chops, taking a swig of the freshly poured drink in his glass. "Indeed it is..." He only grinned after seeing her loss; it was usually easy to offer broken humans like that a little graft or two in exchange for a much more worth prize. But for now, he'd resist the temptation of jumping the gun. A little obvious where her soul would be off to if he suddenly exclaimed 'MAKE A DEAL WITH ME!' The demon began to slink towards her a bit, his glass sliding over the bar, dragged by his claw-tipped fingers. "Now, if you'll permit me the same observational statement..." His eyes darted over the drink now placed in front of her, seemingly out of nowhere; a bartender of any sort nowhere to be found. "You seem like you've seen your fair share of violence..."

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
( Sorry 'bout that. I saw 'self serve' up in the rules and mentally read that there was a sort of NPC bar tender. )

He was watching her. She furrowed her brow slightly before her features smoothed. Deciding to ignore the predatory stare, she nodded her head. Dead and quiet, but sometimes these sorts of nights were better. Much better to drink the red stuff when there weren't people screaming at you from all sides and all around. Rhea rolled her armed shoulder, then the other with slightly more jerky movements. There wasn't much left of the arm, mostly hacked off right at the shoulder blade. At the sight of the drink, she nodded towards the demon once and picked up the glass. A faint smirk passed over her lips.
"Was I being that obvious?" She asked. She watched the demon over the rim of her glass, the Aqua Regia already stinging her nose. It tasted like Death himself jerked off down your throat and it smelled worse. But it did its job. As her eyes moved away, she took most of the drink in one gulp and set down the glass, screwing up her eyes and mouth a moment before breathing out.
"You could definitely say that sort of thing. Violence is part of the job description, if I'm paid. If I'm not being paid, I'm as harmless as a lamb.. mostly." Her lips quirked into a smile again and she adjusted herself in her seat, moving from being slightly hunched over to sitting up straight. It made her ears buzz slightly.
"I'm a hired hand and off the clock tonight. I just wanted a drink that only demons can really give me."

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
( I'll be back soon. Have some running to do with my housemate. Sorry about this. )

Greedy Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
(You're absolutely fine dear. Perhaps it's my fault for not being clear.)

The demon burst out in a snickering laughter, his fist banging against the surface of the bar; he was quite amused apparently. "Only a demon, eh? I hate to tell ya, but you can pick up plain old acid from any chemist or website worth their ********' salt." He downed the rest of his own drink, letting out an 'o-so-satisfactory' sigh. The demon cackled darkly to himself, yes, very amused."So then, 'little lamb'... Tell me more. Maybe there was... 'something else' a demon could give you?" More cackling, lighter this time. Their drinks were refilled already, brought back by some unseen force.

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
For a moment the girl looked somewhat taken aback and indignant about how much he was laughing, but she soon settled again, her thin lips pulling into a full smirk herself.
"True, Aqua Regia is ... acquired taste. I can't help it. An old friend got me on the stuff and it gets you drunk better than any human alcohol. The hellions know why alcohol is really made." She agreed. Bobbing her head, she finished off her drink with a smaller wince and shook her head slightly as if it would help getting rid of the bad after taste. She could still taste it on her lips as her tongue darted out to wet them.
"Rhea." She corrected. 'Little lamb' was cute, and she knew that was what the demon looked at her as-- meat for the slaughter or a soul to lead with the rest of the flock. But might as well get a name out. The human's lips remained in an amused smirk, her head slightly cocked to the side as her fingers drummed against the bar. Her eyes flitted towards the refilled glass before she responded.
"If you keep giving me Aqua Regia, I think I'll be just fine. Unless you've got an offer I won't refuse, Old Scratch." Rhea suggested with a sneer. It was her turn to edge closer, shifting in her seat again and leaning towards the demon with her head tilted and eyes focused clearly on him. Slowly rolling the glass at its base to swirl the red liquid inside of it, a cat like grin slipped over her lips.
"Got a job that needs doing?"

Greedy Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
The demon seemed a bit distracted, taking in the small bits of information. He was either thinking, calculating or... just spacing out. A single claw tapped against the bar as he thought to himself while listening to the amputee.
"Rhea... Rhea... I think I knew a dragon named Rhea... Or was it a goblin? ...Wasn't I trying to kill her? Hm..."
'Old Scratch'? If memory served, that was a name stemming from less habitable areas, rural and country folk, a name for 'the Devil'. Flattering, perhaps, or just a general term. Either way, he was only 'old' compared to her, but young in the grand scheme of things. Even the youngest of his siblings, and for certain the least favorable; evidence being where he was and what he was doing. Either way, he decided to correct her as she had done.
"Vhiras. Or Spiral. I'm less fond of the latter. Old, old nickname..." He seemed to almost mutter the words, still a bit lost in thought.
What? Oh yes, his turn to spew forth 'words', carry on the conversation. Hopefully entice this potential prey. The demon's eyes glazed her over before a thin, sharp grin crossed his lips. "Nothing I need, although, perhaps a job I'd want... Pretty little mouth you've got there." Vhiras snickered wickedly, licking his chops again, greedily. "As for an offer... I could drum up quite a few." His claws spread out, opening to motion and display the silver platter now on the bar in front of her. Bits of decorative lettuce and finger foods adorned... a severed limb. An arm. Not just any arm. What was likely Rhea's arm, it matched her perfectly aside from the bloodied, meaty, severed end. "Today's special..." The demon cackled and flipped the tray off the bar, it landed with a crash before fading into darkness. "Ah but you're not interested in something meager like that, are you, Rhea? No, why don't we cook up something grander; regeneration, perhaps? Grow back that old limb with a fancy new one! Heal from any wound! Enticing, eh? And all this can be yours! For the low, low, low price of: your immortal soul!"
Vhiras cackled and leaned back, perhaps only half-serious about the offer, jesting with her or perhaps mocking. His pointed tongue slithered over his sharp teeth and thin lips, as if sating some primordial hunger. The demon held his chest and calmed himself a bit, downing another shot from his drink. "But I get the feeling you're too smart for that old ruse, eh? Trust me, it's a s**t deal. All that burning, the tortured and damned lacerating and ripping each other apart for eternity; oh it's glorious carnage, but I know you mortals have such 'delicate' tastes..." He chuckled darkly to himself and took another drink from his smoky glass. He sighed in a relieving manner, pondering over his actions and wondering if he was being a bit too 'dramatic'.

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Spacing out. Or thinking. Her eyes sharpened slightly and she decided being a little quieter was better. She didn't want to try and appease the demon, but making sure she didn't bore him into an all out battle wasn't a bad idea. This was his turf. He knew it well and probably had it magicked up the arse with protection spells ... or had cronies. He didn't look too wizened but she knew he'd still have power of one sort or another and once you have AR, you don't much want to do any fighting.
"I'll keep that in mind." Rhea said while bobbing her head slightly. Vhiras. She stowed it away in the back of her mind-- and the nickname. Might come to be useful later when she had to look him up. If she had to look him up. Hopefully neither of them did anything stupid any time soon.

She stood corrected.

Her lips pulled back into a snarl of disgust and anger at the sight of the severed limb. She knew the demon was trying to get a rise out of her, but he'd had practice with other humans so he knew how to push anyones' buttons oh so well. He was cackling which just made the ire rise. Trying to keep herself calm, she clenched her jaw tight and turned her head from the platter as it crashed away, her hand rising for her gun. Rhea forced her hand back down, her eyes now focusing on Vhiras and trying not to shoot those ridiculous metaphorical eye-daggers at them. Calm yourself. Nothing good comes of this sort of rage.

Her shoulders finally lowered and she managed a thin lipped sneer as he calmed too.
"Are you sure you aren't him? Sure have the dramatics down pat." The hunter pointed out. Her hand moved from her hip to her drink and she drained the glass easily before setting it back down.
"I was told about hell. Not that fun of a place unless you can get a job as a fighter in the pit. Still a s**t show, but it has its perks."

Greedy Lunatic

8,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Vhiras snickered at her comment. "I was just pondering that myself... But I'm quite sure I'm not. Unfortunately I'm a s**t fiddle-player; better suited for violence than violins I suppose, mn?" The demon cackled lightly to himself before taking another shot from whatever foul concoction he had been imbibing, the liquid hissing down his throat as it poured from his smokey glass past his lips. He rolled his neck around a bit, 'cricking' it out, audible flexing and release of bones rolling out from between his skull and collar. His gaze shifted upwards, fixated on the female sitting across from him, giving her a cold, serious look. It was a rather abrupt and perhaps frightening change in tone from the demon, but that might be expected by now; he didn't seem the most emotionally stable fellow.
"What a coincidence... That's quite what you'd be signing up for... But rather... instead of facing any single opponent in any 'arena-style' gladiatorial pit, picture one nigh endless... Filled with a writhing, warring sea of tortured souls, slag, and hell-fire, all viciously tearing at each other, ripping one another apart; knowing nothing but blood-lust, violence, pain, fire, and bloodied iron, all in endless assortments and quantities." A thin grin crept across the demon's lips and grew wider before he released a quiet bit of a dark chuckle. "You know, that old bit." Slender fingers tipped with blackened claws clutched at his empty glass, the demon began slowly and ever so slightly rotating the thing as he stared into it. "It is only one of many assorted flavors, however... Everyone has different 'tastes', y'know?" Vhiras smiled darkly, setting the glass down, waiting for it to refill itself once again.
"So... Rhea..." The demon leaned back, slightly raising an eyebrow at her, faking the conveyance of curiosity or expressing emotion. "Am I to understand that a mortal, a b*****d daughter of Eve, has wandered willingly, knowingly, into the den of a demon, yearning for nothing more than abhorrent drinks, light conversation, and perhaps a chance at 'gainful' employment...?" He paused for a moment before hissing out a sinister snickering and taking another drink from his freshly refilled glass. "Sounds like a bad joke..."

Feral Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Her lips curled back in amusement.
"I like that-- 'Better suited for violence than violins'. Clever. Then again, you sort have to be clever. Keeps you alive and the souls pouring into hell, yes?" She asked. The woman had somewhat relaxed against the bar, resting on her elbow. However, as he shot her the cold and hard stare, her whole body tensed and she seemed to visibly prickle, her eyes narrowing on him. Habit, more than anything. The sterner look seemed more real on her face than all the half smiles and almost laughter, seeming alien on her now.
"I'd rather take my chances in the arena. When I'm ready to go to Hell, remind me not to ask you." She said. Her voice was thicker now, the threat coming off him not taken lightly. Even as he seemed to relax, she eased the tension out of her shoulders if nothing else but to imitate and feign calmness. Aqua Regia made you stupidly drunk and fast, and had some benefits if injured. It was getting harder to fully focus on the situation but it just made her buzz sour somewhat and make her an irritable drunk.

Eyes following Vhiras, she kept her fingers around her glass, running her ring finger against the surface slowly. She then looked down, pretending to shrug off the tension and hide her eyes for the moment.
"I only came in for a drink. Potential employment and the-- wonderful company is just a bonus." Rhea assured him.
"Tastes like you're licking burning tires and battery acid, but you gotta go to hell and back for it and I really don't like the prospects of the trip." She said.
"Only know one human that's done it and really, he's not even human." The girl pointed at. Her lips tugged slightly at the knowledge before she shook her head, then glanced up towards Vhiras with her brows tugged inward.
"Harass all the b*****d daughters of Eve like this? Or is it a slow night and you feel like playing with your food?" She was flashing her teeth again, sneering to herself quietly. The threat was still in her mind, but the booze had settled her somewhat and she was coming back around to play his game again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff