Welcome to Gaia! ::

SilverFang's Husband

Hilarious Genius

Ontaros offers up a situation for the young lady, "Lets say I were your enemy... Your apparently fascinated with my construction and have told me that against my will your are going to disassemble me and study how I work. Under given circumstances if I considered you my enemy that should have brought about a much more violent and threatening response. Again if you were my enemy I would have had no need to get between you and our patchwork companion over here." He gestures toward the beast "further more you obviously have little to no combat training, atleast with your alchemists sling there, if there was something i wanted, be it your life or information what is keeping me so long from taking it? Just think about our interactions so far, I'll let you decide from there." And with that the man simply fell over backward, hands laced and tucked under his head as he looked up at the sky.

Ontaros's Wife

Fluffy Shapeshifter

Sil pouted and thought about arguing that putting her off balance was his plan. But... his logic was sound.
It felt demeaning. She was suppose to be helping the human race survive, and she couldn't even handle one robot/cyborg/thing and some feathery thing. It also sounded so simply logical that she scolded herself for not thinking it out on her own.
At the same time she was in the woods bumbling around and not getting anything done. Some help she was being...
With a big sigh she plopped a little hard onto the ground. Trying to ignore her stinging butt, she placed the gun on the ground beside her.
Now what? She thought.
Maybe she should pray? That was what all the Christians did when they were panic-y. Right?
No... She wasn't really the religious type. Yes she swore by the Greek Gods, but mainly that was to get her overly-Christian-obsessed father's goat.
So... he wasn't an enemy... but he knew nothing about the world she was use to.
Maybe she was the crazy one? Maybe she had been hallucinating or she was schizophrenic. Maybe there was magic and no aliens?
Hhhhmmmm.... No. That didn't seem right either. It just wasn't logical to be insane, so she would never allow herself to do so. Thus, she could conclude with certainty that she was sane.
User Image
User Image
                                        ▅▅▅▅▅▅ SERIAL NUMBER: 1O.OO5.3-64318 FDCR

The creature had, eventually, lost interest in the two-leggers making noise at each other and turned a critical eye on himself. This was definitely him. Yup. All him. Somehow it didn't feel right though. It was but it wasn't. He was unsettled by his own existence. Quickly deciding not to contemplate such a disturbing realization he determined to ignore it. Ignore it entirely, so deliberately choose not to think about it that soon he didn't even notice anymore. The whole concept and the anxiety it brought with it faded into the back of his awareness and he let his mind wander as it would. With a purposeful, mind numbing lack of conscious thought he turned his attention to preening his feathers, yet disheveled from the past day's adventures. Dirty, dusty, disarrayed, damp, disheveled. He had to fix them. Fixing fine filthy fractured floppy frumpy feathers. Fix, mend, repair, replace, put right, just right, just here, just there, just so, sew, sewed, sewing together, drawn together, lined together, lined up, in a line, aligned, straight line, straight, straight, straight, still, situated, secured...

It wasn't until the mage abruptly fell to the ground that the creature was finally pulled free of his wildly racing mind. Almost with a sigh of relief the creature broke away from his out of control thoughts to stare at the human who had so... carelessly... thrown himself down near enough for the somewhat unstable beast to take note of the vibrations caused in the earth under him. Nothing great, just enough to be felt through his claws really. And then the female did it too! Plopped herself right down in the dirt. He found himself irritated by his confusion as he watched them and grasped at the memories that were just out of reach, but trying steadfastly to return. He knew the last few hours would come back to him, just not quickly enough for his liking.

Anyway, the female was clearly still alive. He turned his attention back to the magicker who was the nearer of the two. This one... well... he appeared to be alive... but the creature wasn't quite sure. After all, he'd never seen a two-legger just keel over like that! It couldn't mean anything good. Being still within reach of the man, it was easy enough to lean forward and peer down at him. Eyes open. Good sign. Now what? He nudged at the side of the man's face even as it occurred to him that any proper two-legger would likely attack him for it. Well, these weren't the usual 'propper' two-leggers. He could only hope they didn't suddenly decide to follow the rules now, and it was about then, with that thought, that the creature's briefly foggy memories suddenly cleared up and he remembered that this human was oddly aggressive. In an odd sort of way. He'd not been harmed yet, but that didn't mean the man wouldn't suddenly take serious offence now. Offense, offend, affront, assail, assault... definitely that had not been his cleverest idea ever. In spite of some lingering slight tingling and not-quite-regained balance, the creature quickly put several more feet between them. For the moment however, he did not run away. He would run and if he had to. Until then, he would make a concerted effort to be less stupid and not give them any chance to accuse him of making a move to eat them. He watched the two human's expectantly. If nothing else, this would be a good test of limits. Just how much could he get away with before they decided it was time to put him down? Definitely useful information to have, especially since he was beginning think he was stuck with them, if today were anything to go by.

SilverFang's Husband

Hilarious Genius

Ontaros felt the nudge on his face and he reached up to pat the creatures head in a friendly 'hello' but the creature by that point had already slinked away from the man. His head simply rolled over to look at the creature and he smiled to him before patting the ground beside him, making him an offer to come back in closer. He was fairly convinced that there was little chance of the skiddish beast coming back in closer but theres no telling, the feathered, furred, form may rejoin them after all.

His head rocks back and he continues to stare at the sky "So, starting from when things were last, 'normal' for you, how long before you met us out by the river? Perhaps something will spark something for me and we can get to the bottom of your conundrum. There are few ways to travel through the multiverse, but you need to be as detailed as you can if we're going to figure this out."

Ontaros's Wife

Fluffy Shapeshifter

Sil was brought out of her thoughts.
"Well. I landed a few yards from you and was surprised I didn't see or hear anyone or any fighting. I heard gunfire until I came through the trees. I thought perhaps I just got an air stream pushing me from the others while I fell and thought everything was normal until I saw you two. The only war scenes I had ever seen were from old movies, so I wasn't sure what to expect."
She watched the creature for a little while.
"Why do you like that thing so much? It's ugly and kinda creepy."
User Image
User Image

The creature watched -always watching- the human pat the ground expectantly, one ear pricked up. Nothing happened. Just as he expected! (mostly). He resumed listening to them with no further insight into their behavior or anything else about them for that matter. The female wasn't too much of a mystery - she'd shot at him and otherwise proven herself to be an odd but acceptably predictable two-legger. He would treat her without caution, but felt no need to fear her or further investigate her just yet. The man on the other hand was just too strange to make sense of. If he really thought hard about it, he supposed he could put a pattern to the magicker's behavior, but the pattern made so little sense he couldn't bring himself to count on it. He didn't like it. He didn't like him. But he did. He didn't like the man but he did. He didn't but he did... didn't, did, didn't, did, didn't, did... he didn't know what to think! The magicker had a decidedly broad aggressive streak, yet hadn't actually harmed the creature yet. The magicker had lured him in with food, but then chased him away... no that wasn't right... the man had chased him when he ran away. He'd lost the two-legger somehow, which was good, and the two-legger had given up, which was also good, but peculiar.

There was a little voice in the back of his mind, just barely reaching his thoughts, all but confined to his subconscious, that was desperately trying to point something out to him. So distant that he struggled even to remain aware of, he studied the humans in an effort to clue himself in. The thought, realization, feeling, whatever it was continued to evade his grasp infuriatingly, but it did leave him with a faint impression. The vaguest of ideas that he should not wander far pestered him insistently, like hail pelting him relentlessly until he was forced to seek shelter. His eyes landed on the spot the man had indicated. Was that his supposed to be his shelter? Was there something more to it? It was a special spot specifically for him. A new sneaky, slippery, spell... and it seemed to be working, he observed distantly, but couldn't quite seem to care. All he cared about was that unavoidable, irresistible need the 'voice' was driving him toward.

He shuffled forward a little without really getting up, paused, shuffled a little more, paused and then skittered the rest of the way over to the man. Urged on by whatever that was inside him, he brought himself to the man and settled down at his side, but obstinately refused to sit where the human had indicated.

SilverFang's Husband

Hilarious Genius

He stared, appearing lost in thought as he looked at the clouds, but was simply emptying his mind to help him listen better. A few things stuck out hard in his mind... 'landed' 'through trees' 'not far'. Now to pose the appropriate question "Landed would imply you were with out land, either on the sea or in the air... Direction will be key to finding this out, I'll bet when you came through the trees is when it happened... and if you weren't far from us when you landed... we'd simply need to determine your direction and return to the spot, if we're lucky the hole in the multiverse was stable and is still there..." He picks his head up, "Assuming, that is, you wish to return to whence you came?" After a moment his head drops back again and his eyes close. "And with regaurds to my interests in this particular being, I simply have this to say... Somewhere, somewhen, someone like myself, well versed in magic, did some very horrifying things to this person to make them what they are today. Not only was this individual subjugated to, I presume, tests on human animal combination, I would likely suspect that the person responsible for this treated this poor soul here with less respect than you would give a stray animal in the street. So many signs of such disservice done to this creature by someone who would likely call themselves by the same title as I... Wizard. I feel like this one deserves to know that there are also good men and women of the tome, wand, staff, and scroll that still exist in this multiverse. I may not have the power or understanding to undo what's already been done, but I do have the power and understanding to befriend it and bring some peace to it's chaotic existence." While he spoke he could hear the topic of conversation slowly scoot its way back over to the mage, the only response was a simple smile on his face.

Ontaros's Wife

Fluffy Shapeshifter

Silvana gave the creature a skeptical stare, looking it over. Though it moved towards the self proclaimed wizard, it didn't seem to want to do him any harm... Yet. She started to put a hand on her gun, then thought that the cyborg would use his immortality to keep her from harming the creature. She did not try and hold back a snort.
"That thing was never human. I don't know what kind of technology, sorry, 'magic,' you know. But that just isn't physically possible. It has absolutely no characteristics of a human. It does have fingers, but I'd say more monkey then man from what I've seen. And it most definitely doesn't reason or think. If it had been human it would retain some humanoid characteristics. I would expect most to be of the mind, even if the mind became damaged. No, no. That creature is some new species of this alien planet. Not human."
User Image
User Image

Wow, the magicker sure could talk. And talk. And talk. A small part of the creature even began to wonder what he was going on about, even waited to hear a word he knew. This was the greatest amount of time he'd ever spent in a two-legger's presence without hearing at least one word he knew. It got to be so he was almost waiting, listening in anticipation of hearing that one word. Surely one of the two would say something... but they just kept on at it blithely unaware of his ongoing confusion and drawing nearer had been only semi-successful at providing the 'shelter' from the mental 'hail' that was pestering him. Torn by indecision and the nagging, gnawing, niggling, needling, need to... to... to... He suddenly sighed heavily in frustration. He didn't even know what he was trying to figure out. It was so close! But not close enough. His own mind was making him crazy with thoughts and memories that he just couldn't quite reach.

He needed water. That was it. Yes, a drink of water would make him feel better. The nearest stream that he knew of however was farther than he felt like traveling. Then he thought of his first encounter with the magicker. In a moment of insanity he made an impossibly bold decision. Shuffling forward just a tiny bit more, and bringing himself right up to the magicker, he nudged the man's arm, wedging his nose up under the human's elbow. Now to draw the man's hand out without hurting him... little wiggle here, nudge there... human hand hunting, he decided suddenly, was potentially a very fun pass time. Or maybe he was just that bored. But he needed the wizard's hand or there would be no water! Of course there still might not be but it couldn't - well, no, that wasn't true. It certainly could hurt to try, but he did not find that possibility terribly concerning at the moment.

SilverFang's Husband

Hilarious Genius

Ontaros lifts his head to free his arm, allowing the creature to do what it will with the limb. It suddenly wanted something, but what it wanted was anyones guess. He watched the beast while he spoke to Sil "Your simply not looking hard enough at its physiology then. Look at the wide shoulders, most animals have a thinner frame shoulder to shoulder. Its front legs, or perhaps arms if you will, the joints dont move dependant of one another. The hindlegs, though avian in outward appearance bend in many of the same ways a humans do. Birds legs bend backwards, these bend forward. Lastly would be the definite tuft of hair on top of it head, just like a humans."

Ontaros's Wife

Fluffy Shapeshifter

"I never paid attention to independant limb movement, but wouldn't the legs and 'hair' be explained whatever furred creature the tail came from? Because that is more... cat like?
As for sholder width... Hades, I don't know. Animals aren't logical creatures. I suppose they think and reason well enough for their kind, but it's not like a computer program. They don't do what you want them to. They are unpredictable, unknown, a radical.
I don't like that."
She watches the creature as it almost seems to be seeking the cyborg's attention.
"And now it wants you to play with it after it tried to kill us? See. This is why I wouldn't let my mom get a dog. They just don't make sense. They have no real place in human society."
User Image
User Image

Without a care for the conversation going on right next to him by the object of his interest, and possibly unaware that the limb he sought had been willingly relinquished to him, the creature pawed at the man's hand as he made a small 'swish'-ing sound. He paused to look up at the human expectantly, but didn't give the man a chance to respond. Unhappy with his own efforts, he carefully, very carefully, took the magicker's wrist, mindful of his sharp teeth against the human's skin. Uncertain how to proceed, he hesitated before giving it a slow, controlled sort of shake in an attempt both awkward and rather less than successful at making him wave. That was how the two-leggers did it, right? Lots of waving about and talk to themselves... although this one didn't seem to require talking to achieve his goal. Neither did he paint himself with mud and blood and make funny tracks in the ground or catch things on fire. That was a decidedly pleasant change of pace, once he'd realized it. He attempted another wave before giving up and abruptly dropping the hand, following with a much more successful attempt at imitating the sound of a large amount of water being dumped all at once with a loud, rushing, Woosh! Rather something like the sound of a certain magicker suddenly appearing on the shore along with a sizable chunk of the stream he'd just been in.

As if it were nothing at all, he nudged the hand back in the general place he'd found it and shuffled away. Just in case. Whether he was successful or not, this would be another good test of the human's limits. Just how far could he push the two-legger before incurring his displeasure? If this were beyond it, and it may well and understandably be so, then he didn't want to be too close. On the other hand, if he was successful, and the man humored him, he had no particular desire to take a shower just now. He'd taken one earlier, he wouldn't need another one for at least a week. It was ever so bothersome trying to dry out his wings too! No, no dry was definitely better. Most of the time.

SilverFang's Husband

Hilarious Genius

Again Ontaros carries the conversation with Sil, while watching, and this time physically responding to the creature. He mulls over the noises and the motion, thoughts roll about in his head but strikes out a few of them as he goes before coming to two conclusions, food, or water, either the creature was trying to make his hand flail about looking like a fish, or it was waving his hand, the sounds could fit both possible scenario.... He holds out both hands, his right hand transforms and becomes a fish hooked on a line, fliping and flopping about in the air, the line coming from the end of his sleeve which was still being supported by something rigid. His left hand he holds out, index finger pointed down with a slow steady stream of water pouring from it. He watches and waits for the creatures reactions. He assumed if these were inaccurate assumptions he'd simply reassess and try again.

As he performs for the creature he responds "Healthy animals are about as logical as they come my dear, if anything its people who seem to behave without reason. Animals run on instinct and a drive to survive. They're very simplistic in what they want and require little to survive. People on the other hand are overly complicated and neigh impossible to comprehend, truly it is we who have no place in nature. Greed, gluttony, lust, pride, wrath, sloth, envy. In nature, in the wild, these things have no meaning, no place, they don't exist. With humanoids, anything with a 'higher' intelligence for that matter, seems to strive for these unnecessary things, its almost as if it's what brings value to their lives. I myself am not exempt from that statement, but I try to keep these things in check. Animals are only greedy for survival, glut on scraping by to see tomorrow, lust for life, pride themselves in being, are wrathful to protect themselves, slothful to recover from the day or to survive a long cold winter, and envy no one. Simple creatures do simple things to live simple lives through simple, though uncertain days. Just watch, I'll prove to you someone is still in there." Though the wizard indeed spoke with conviction in his heart, there was no anger towards the woman in his words, in fact his words were tinted with guilt.

SilverFang's Husband

Hilarious Genius

OOC: all of a sudden this just turned into an episode of Dr. Who for me o_O;
ooc: ROFL! XD I love Dr. Who! But you have a bit of a point >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items