Welcome to Gaia! ::

Otherworldly Garbage

User ImageRussel nodded confidently, before setting the fragrant, invigourating green bits of dried leaves into the tea kettle compartment. Doing this, he quickly set out a tray of crackers and salami onto the counter, setting it less than a metre from his enigmatic business partner. He parsimoniously scanned the semantics as well as the intonation behind her words, taking context clues from her body language for a few seconds before thinking, 'she seems to be....hesitant to say something.....certainly warrants some caution, but, for the most part, seems to be speaking the truth...' "Does green tea sound good?" the Englishman began, turning to the kettle momentarily to check on the brew's progress, before the bandied, tattooed, penitent dark magician returned to the business at hand. "Fair enough, miss--oh, and my name is Russel. As for yours? Be warned," he added, a small smirk reaching across his dimpled complexion, "I did detect something of....hesitance....in your voice. You are entitled to your privacy, of course, but I'm not fond of duplicity. Again, nothing personal, but as you know, one should never be too trusting." Now, should he accept the offer of gold? Certainly, a man as penniless as him could make use of such a bounty, but then, a man with such a gnawing conscience did feel that he should be doing this out of sheer good will....certainly, too, if he were to do this for free, it might just be recompense for some of his own dubious history....
User Image

Keldara Tiale Iss'nir

She simply smiled once more as he analyzed her body language. That was, part of being a skilled negotiator, after all. "Green tea sounds perfect." She felt she was beginning to like this dark magician. He kept the perfect amount of skepticism. She helped herself to a cracker as he introduced himself. Ooh, and he called her out on her hesitance? Her smile grew into a grin and she let out a soft chuckle. "Why yes; I was unsure of whether to introduce myself as Keldara, Keldara Tiale Iss'nir, or even Kara, as some of my friends like to call me." She offered him a whole slew of names, perhaps in a show of placing her own trust in him. Maybe he would do the same. "So, what say you, Russel? Care to help me rescue this damsel?" She already knew he couldn't say no. It was just a matter of if he wanted to accept the gold or not at this point.

...ACHT ALTIUIRI DI KORINTH!

Otherworldly Garbage

The dark magician was equally impressed with the bounty hunter, a satisfied lift of his light brows and lips appearing in spite of himself. 'This is an intriguing gambit.....surely, one I can't afford to miss out on,' his mind mused as he set a dainty-looking white, blue mug to the right of Keldara's hand. Not wanting to stray from the gravity of the subject at hand, Russel was content to set the small glass container of sugar and the mason jar of sweet mead-mix, honey, to the immediate left of her drinking receptacle. This Keldara was as intriguing as she was stunning, he couldn't help but note. Everything from that shrewd, confident dark lavender gaze, to that (aptly-coloured) fiery-red mane of hair and that slinky, powerful gate seemed to imply that those lavender-toned eyes had seen many roads. "Yes," the dark magician affirmed, "you have my support, Keldara--is this the name you prefer?--an" A slight pause broke his speech, before his lips heaved a very subtle sigh as they opened to say, "as for the gold, you, er, needn't pay me....given, I certainly like the offer, but I'd be damn'--well, even more damn'd than I am, long story involving dabbling in the darker facets of human and demon nature--" he showed off the pentagram, as well as the mysterious Latin inscription, tattooed, or rather, branded, into his upper arm, "if I accepted pay for something I should do out of ethical regard."

((To warn you, I'll be traveling back home until Monday, so I'll not be on very much until then. ))

Dedicated Vampire

((Anyone here to rp with? Don't want to post for no response.))

Otherworldly Garbage

((Hm...perhaps for half an hour?))

Otherworldly Garbage

((On second thought, sorry, but I need the sleep. I'll be leaving for an eight hour car ride in a matter of an hour and a half. sweatdrop ))

Dedicated Vampire

The little girl peeked around the door, her emerald eyes gazing around the room. She flicked a crimson curl off her porcelain forehead and headed for the bar. "Hello?" Her voice rang like a bell in the quiet room.

((Damn nvm then))
((my laptop's power supply is currently out of commission, so I won't be able to reply until I get my backup from my brother who was borrowing it. Hopefully I can get that before Monday though.))
User Image

Keldara Tiale Iss'nir

The sorceress noticed Russel's faint smile despite any attempts to hide it and she knew. Hell, she probably could have told him the real price she was being paid and he wouldn't have asked for anything. Some people were like that though; thinking present deeds could somehow make up for past sins. She mixed a little sugar and honey into her tea as he went on with his answer. A simple nod was all she need offer at the question about her name. Her gaze flicked up from the tea she had been stirring as he confirmed what she already knew. The pentagram and inscription on his arm were analyzed quickly when he offered it up for show. She didn't recognize it as any of the devils of the nine hells that she knew, but that didn't necessarily mean the demon he had made a deal with was any less powerful or evil. Russel wouldn't be the first person Keldara had met who had traded away their soul in exchange for infernal power, but he was most definitely the only one of such individuals to fight so hard to find the moral high road. Then again, she had no idea what he might have done in his past. The sorceress smiled and offered a hand for him to shake. "Very well. I'll keep my gold and perhaps find another way to repay you for your aid in due time." Damned or not, she figured at some point the warlock would find her offer of use and she would have no qualms about giving aid to this man. A favor for a favor was, well, favorable. "Allies?"

((alright, my little sis let my borrow her computer =D ))
User Image

ҿaȶuɍᶒ № Ƽ ҒƉ₢
                  1ѻ۪ѻѻƼ۪ᶚ-бҸᶚ1Ȣ

Meanwhile, the creature had finished its whiskey with perhaps a somewhat uncouth brevity... but then, it was a creature, what mind did it have for manners or propriety? The two leggers had already seen it, of course, so there was no point hiding, but that didn't mean it was suddenly going to be all chummy with them. Keeping a close eye on the pair, it picked up the bowl carefully - a task not so easy for a creature with a beak, and one full of virtually useless needle-like teeth getting in the way too. It moved slowly, gingerly getting a grip on the bowl after an attempt or two, and carried it away with it. It was almost as if the creature thought it might break, except of course creatures didn't think of such things any more than they thought of how quickly was proper to drink their alcohol. Head down and bowl in... beak... it skulked off to another part of the room, his claws clicking quietly on the floor. It found a relatively out of the way place to lay down and did just that, with the bowl guarded possessively between it's fore-claws. It would remain quiet and unobtrusive, but its unblinking, pale grey eyes never left the two-leggers. They had disturbed his peace and he didn't like it but what could he do? Nothing more than keep an eye on them and keep out of their way, watch for signs of trouble so it would know when it was time to leave.

(( Behold! My crappy a** attempt at a poststyle... I don't have much to work with hopefully I'll eventually get un-lazy and do something about that. >.> ))

Otherworldly Garbage

RUSSEL ILUN, THE DARK MAGICIAN

User ImageOne thing she said in particular, namely, 'I'll keep my gold and perhaps find another way to repay you for your aid in due time,' intrigued the dark magician for reasons of which he wasn't exactly certain. Was he stunned and flattered at her offer of aid? Not that he expected he to be greedy and callous, of course--she certainly didn't seem the type--but again, he had learnt to not expect such goodwill from others. Or was he amused at the irony of that statement? If his rudimentary quasi-karmic calculations were right, her payment for his aid was the ethical, personal payment he was able to make on this aid. Had he the time, his mind would have stayed in the clouds, but he had business to attend to, afterall. His energetic amber gaze met cool, dark-lavender counterpart as he finally spoke up: "Allies, indeed, we have a deal, yes?"

((Oh, on the contrary, the sort of scrappy, unpredictable post style reflects your own character's quirky, unpredictable demeanour!))
Ihes egia

((Oh, on the contrary, the sort of scrappy, unpredictable post style reflects your own character's quirky, unpredictable demeanour!))

(( XD Thanks. I feel a little better now actually ))
User Image

Keldara Tiale Iss'nir

Keldara reached across the counter to grab Russel's hand. "Deal." The handshake seemed an adequate method of officializing their contract (no need for blood and ink.) With a firm shake, she released him and finally sat down at the bar where she stood. "So... you don't need any special components to divine her location, right?" She hoped not... most spells she knew needed some sort of focus to work on someone not present at the casting; a lock of hair, a lost fingernail, or even just a possession of theirs often worked. Keldara had none of these things. Although... If the half-elf girl had lived here, she might have left something behind... The sorceress considered the thought, but she knew nothing of how Russel's spellcasting worked. Maybe he wouldn't need anything after all. She picked up the dainty little mug of tea now, finally taking a sip. It tasted even better than she had expected. Her eyes flicked back up to meet his amber gaze. "You certainly know how to brew." A smile accompanied the compliment.

Somewhere in her mind, she never once stopped following the actions of the beast, always expeting the unexpected, but for now, it seemed content to keep it's distance and keep to itself. She was intent to let it.

((I like your post style - far more interesting than my own.))

Otherworldly Garbage

User ImageHe grabbed the hitherto abandoned mug, taking a sip of his own green brew--leaving the tea to its own natural flavour. He then grabbed her hand firmly in his own as they informally confirmed the transaction. At her question, he looked towards the ceiling thoughtfully, as he was wont to do when thinking on a response. Certainly, the dark magician calculated, such a spell would require much energy. But then, then, there were two magical practicioners, with Keldara seeming quite competent in her own right...Russel finally spoke up to say, "No, I shouldn't need any personal effects of hers, and I've fire, blood, what have you, for the rest." At the sorceress's compliment, he nodded amicably, adding a courteous "thank you". For some reason, his gaze averted to the side momentarily, at which he point he was reminded of the strange creature's presence. 'Right, that Tri-Tryan-creature is still here, isn't he?' the Englishman sputtered aloud, before qualifying his intention to feed the quadruped more whiskey. "'Xcuse me for a moment, he's probably thirsty, and maybe a little peckish." With that, he wrested another bowl from the cupboard, into which he poured the first bottle of the strong liqueur he could find, before rummaging about the refrigerator for any meats and vegetables available. There, on a wide, porcelain platter sat the scraps of beef and turkey, as well as the two ornament-like tomatoes. He balanced the two containers before setting them on the floor.

Otherworldly Garbage

Tryan
User Image

ҿaȶuɍᶒ № Ƽ ҒƉ₢
                  1ѻ۪ѻѻƼ۪ᶚ-бҸᶚ1Ȣ

((He is included above ^^ ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers