Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Explorer

User Image
ℛ υ s т ɪ c ø

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.he cottage wasn't always used as a public inn, as it was once owned by a private owner rarely ever seen. This owner was commonly called by the locals 'La Verde Strega', a sort of magic woman who kept to herself. It all changed when three wanderers thought the cottage to be abandoned and decided to spend a few resting nights there. Enchanted by the cottage's charm these nights became weeks, and soon months, and all this time they weren't once kicked out by 'La Verde Strega'. However, the new residency of the cottage didn't go unnoticed by the locals, noticing how the cottage seemed more alive then ever, they began to wonder if 'La Verde Strega' left the cottage after all. Which was a very foolish thing to believe. Then one day came when the three wanderers found proof that they weren't the only three in the cottage; for on the first day of them noticing, all the food in the cottage seemed to disappear, and on the second day all the currency in the cottage seemed to have vanished, and on the third day by a pitcher of water and daisies was a note scrawled on stained paper instructing the three wanderers to head to the boarded up astronomy tower behind the cottage. Having followed instructions the three headed behind the cottage to the old astronomy tower, and knocked on the boarded up old gnarly door. And upon the third knock the two were able to phase through the very door itself as if crafted by magic! It was then that the three wanders met the owner of the cottage who was still very alive and well. Returning the food money which she had only taken to get their attention, the witch would express her gratitude for bringing her old cottage back to life, and hoped they would be able to continue doing so, under the condition that they allow wanderers and travelers of all shapes, size, race, origin, and so forth, the chance to also take shelter and warmth there as they had once done, as well as run a few errands for herself. The three were reluctant at first, thinking this to be some sort of trap or trick, but with much reassurance from the witch they would agree to honor the witch's wishes.

AND THUS THE COTTAGE INN CAME TO BE...

User Image

Dapper Explorer

ÐETAILS TO KNOW

Cottage Facts☞ ஜ Please use the two picture references when describing the cottage outside. While inside the cottage has three stories in it, four if you count the attic. There is an archway tunnel on the first floor that connects to the second building which is utilized in half as a greenhouse (with both vegetable garden and flower garden of various shapes, sizes, and color. Though there are also rather rare and peculiar species of vegetation, to which some would say are almost prehistoric!), and the other as a space with more rooms (some seemingly leading to no where) and dance room for festivities. The cottage and adjoining building are both made out of stone and mortar. The small astronomy tower is inaccessible to anyone without the witch's consent.

There are a few strong protective spells cast about the grounds making it rather difficult to sneak in without being noticed. There are several human skulls about the rooms (mainly the common room; equipped with fireplace, couches, chairs, bookshelf, woven tapestries, a rug, and bar counter. As well as the kitchen; which leads in to the common room as well as a dining hall.) there are also skulls of communication in nooks along the stairway wall which are also conveniently being used as candle holders. As well as tiny sprites that serve the witch in helping keep the cottage tidy, and for rooms to be given when no one is available, as well as other small chores.

Seeing as the cottage is recently being refurbished into a public inn electricity is only used for tv, music systems, and kitchen supplies, the rest is gas lighting.

The lake is indeed swimmable

About the Ones Running the Cottage☞ ஒ

Kurt Reiter: One of the first three wanderers to enter into the cottage. He's a cheerful fellow filled with music and joy. Some say he is quite the charmer. He is always willing to give a helping hand, and is always excited to learn something new. He can make just about any sort of alcoholic drink, and has a nack of making up his own (as well as being quite the renowned heavy weight in a drinking contest). With a saying that goes like something along the lines of "There isn't any problem that can't be fixed by getting really really drunk" he is probably perfect bartender buddy material!
Though he always seems to wear a large hat no matter the weather, and there is a slight funny walk about him (Some might easily conclude the source to be some sort of muscular disorder in the legs), and is filled from top to bottom with the most ghastly set of scars! He is the sort of open fellow which would welcome anyone and assist anyone, and a very good listener (literally! Though perhaps it has something to do with the fact that he is a satyr in disguise P: ) He can sometimes come off as lazy, or carefree, trying not to take many things too seriously, and yet can be quite the gentleman!
Is often called "Dead Beat" by Sawyer....'respectfully'.

Hathmeoi Naurrna: Of the first three wanderers. This faun (more of a deer nature more so than of a goat nature) is serious and proud of her abilities, though she doesn’t flaunt or boast about them. When first getting to know someone she’s subdued with quiet politeness and curiosity, but once she knows how someone will act and react she’ll fondly warm up to them…becoming a friend like no other when it comes to loyalty and respect. Some might consider her young and naïve, having not grown in her antlers yet (for reasons she has yet to explain) and due to how unfamiliar she is with certain ways the world works, but she’s bright and quick to learn and sometimes knows more than she lets on.

She also tends to have a subtle flirtatious streak, though that is usually reserved for Kurt when he’s serving up those exotic drinks and concoctions. Her protectiveness of him is more duty bound than personal; there’s an obvious or familiarity between the two that either others might not be so quick to pick up on or completely misunderstand all together.

Sawyer (Le Faey) Fairfax: The other of the three wanderers. She is probably the one who sees the witch the most out of the three, and is often the one who ends up running the errands. This young lady can be seen as very open minded, and unafraid to speak her mind as well, an impatient spitfire who likes to get down to business. She is one to go to if you like to hear things 'like it is' without the fluff. (Though her bluntness can come across as rather rude, rather unintentionally).
She is sometimes seen as very bitter (especially when it comes to family and depending on others; like her uncle for instance), but she is respectful of others thoughts. She tends to grumble a lot, and is sometimes described as apathetic and distant, but but don't let that rough outer shell discourage you for deep down she means well at heart and when befriended can prove to be one of the most loyal people out there. If anything it is probably that never ending curiosity that usually gets her into most of her troubles, sometimes a bit too nosey.

She has a rodent pet that looks like a mix between a ferret and a mongoose by the name of Rikki-Tikki, after one of her favorite stories from Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Books. And is a known for doing some hocus-pocus of her own!
Is often called 'Little Friend of the World' by Kurt...'respectfully'.

Mrs. Renndo (The Witch aka La Verde Strega): Not much is available. All that is known is what Sawyer, Hathmeoi, and Kurt know, and to find that out one would probably have to ask. Though if one tries to snoop about too much they might find themselves with a tiny raincloud literally hanging over their head for a week!
Though if a major change is to be done about the cottage, it is first consulted with the witch.

User Image

Job Listings☞ இ
PLEASE PM TO APPLY FOR though applying in rp is also acceptable, but it would have to be to either the character Sawyer or Kurt :]

●Owner: Mrs. Renndo (username: Senza Nome)

● Head manager: Sawyer -Le Faey- Fairfax (username: Senza Nome )

● Assistant: Feylar Flynn (username: Caza Sama )

●Book keeper/secretary: Sawyer -Le Faey- Fairfax (Kurt too, but really its Sawyer is doing all the work P: )

● Bartenders: Kurt Reiter (username for both Kurt and Sawyer: Senza Nome)
- Lexington Vance, goes by Lex ( username: SchizophrenicxPsychopath)
-
-
-
●Entertainers: Kurt Reiter
- Marianna DuPaul (username: Notte Eterna )
-
-
●Waiters:
-
-
-
●Waitresses: Egia (username: Zenobia Laertes )
-
-
-
● Cooks: Meyrin Hayze (username: Meyrin Hayze & Cael`ashk )
- Lola ( username: Caza Sama )
- Shannon (username: Killerwardrobes )
-
-
● Grounds Keeper: Hathmeoi Naurrna (username Hathmeoi Naurrna)

*~(More to be added when need is presented, ALSO if you'd like to give a suggestion feel free to PM :] )~*

User Image

Dapper Explorer

User Image

ƝEWS

Current Plot/Drama: Sawyer has returned and has been saved heroically from her capture who had spirited her away. Thanks to the help of Claire, Feylar, Lola, Russel and his daemon companion. But at what price? The gang -well most of them- having returned to find a rather desolate Inn. Everything dusty, unkept, with the grass over grown and what not. Who knows what sort of spooks decided to squat about in the silent shadows. The gang now trying to refurbish the inn while all the while dealing with the after effects and new knowledge that had all learned during and after the rescue of the head manager.

~~~

April 11 2011 GRAND OPENING!!

SEPT 2011 A SLOW AND PAINFUL SLUMP INTO HIATUS

JULY 2012 REGROWTH

ƦULES

I know a real pain to have, and meant to be broken, but its a necessity. I highly suggest following them, or else you'll get a nasty visit from La Verde Strega 3nodding

First off I don't play the 'holier than thou' game, I'm very reasonable. I'm a moderator, not a dictator. What I say goes, but I can be wrong sometimes. Bring it to me respectfully in private and we'll work it out.

Follow Gaia ToS

I've been known to be a potty mouth myself, but lets try and keep it at a reasonable level please.

Quotations are a Must

Be nice. I don't waltz into your storyline down-talking everything you've built. Afford me and your fellow players the same courtesy.

Please keep posts sem-lit/ literate (doesn't mean lengthy, just well worded)

Sometimes a dude's gotta a fight when a dude's gotta a fight, just no godmodding or metagaming, and preferably pre-organized in a PM with the consent of the other player (though if one thing follows another during a rp like an argument it is understandable)

Absolutely no killing of another character without the consent of the person in PM. Thats just rude, and will not be tolerated.

No godmoding/ metagaming. Powerful characters are welcome, but don't act as though you can't be beaten and don't act like your character always knows everything that's going on. Nobody likes a ball hog.

No cybering, keep the juicy details to yourself please wink

If you want something advertised don't do so without my consent, PM me first

I don't mind a little OOC but make sure it is with an actual post In Character -otherwise posts get lost and everything gets cluttered-, if not then please take it to the OOC Thread

RULES CAN BE ADDED AND TAKEN AWAY AS I DEEM WORTHY :]
User Image

While this isn't a rule, it can be a guideline. Here we use the Day-By-Day way of roleplaying - when you sign off for the night, your character goes to bed, leaves the cottage or wanders off, or whatever you imagine or can be assumed. That and it helps prevent things to bog down or drag on forever without end. Lets keep the fun rolling!

βANNERS & ÅDVERTISEMENTS ALWAYS UP AND LOOKING FOR NEW BANNERS! SO IF YOU'RE REALLY GOOD AT MAKING THEM AND LIKE TO LEND A HAND THAT'D BE SUPER~ emotion_bigheart

User Image MADE BY: Cael`ashk Thank you so much! heart

Made by DizzyThoughts heart (Thank you so much!!!)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/s-c-inn-welcome-lit-semi-walk-ins/t.70882337/][img]http://i45.tinypic.com/33dxyis.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

BLACK SLATE INN

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Explorer

Dapper Explorer

Dapper Explorer

╭ ℛeserved ╯User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Explorer

It would prove to be a shining Monday evening at the cottage, with a cloud or two in the sky, and a brisk spring breeze, which Kurt couldn't help but stop his work and admire. Resting his broom against one of the clay potted plants in front of the glass door, and leaning slightly over the stone wall to see the view of the lake, and al the while careful not to fall over the short red gate to his right.
"Such a fine day!" he'd exhaled after taking in a deep breath, his dimpled smile glowing.

Meanwhile Sawyer would be inside fanning herself as she tallied some of the books behind the desk, sometimes checking the window to see if it was really open or not for how hot it was inside. A light scowl at the weather and a sigh, leaning forward on the desk and looking at her pet ferret mongoose mix that slept at the corner of the desk.
"I know, one shouldn't complain about the weather, its a right and silly thing to do.." she would give the little beastie a scratch between his ears.
A light hearted giggle as she trotted past the bookkeeper…”You’re right, one shouldn’t complain especially when they could always spend the day out in the cool lake water!” Her voice chimed like bells as she made her way out the door and gently bopped Kurt upon the back of his head. “Come on, you! I need your help getting some of those potted flowers from the greenhouse and out onto the grounds so they can be properly planted for the season!” Hath beamed as she smiled towards the man who was overdressed for the weather, wagging her tail happily as her trotting looked more like she was dancing, rejoicing in celebration to the warm spring sun. “The flowers really like it when you play your pipes to them! And that in itself will help them set their roots.” She added with a wink.

Dapper Explorer

"Hah! I wish." sighed Sawyer, to which that word alone caused Kurt to stiffen a pinch -as he was close enough to the door to hear-, clearing his throat as Sawyer continued, "Sadly, these papers won't file themselves." A pause at the idea, before Sawyer would shake her head.
"Oo!" Kurt would jerk his shoulders at the, and would rub the back of his head through his long eared lumberjack hat, acting as if the bop on the head truly did hurt. A light sigh and a shrug, "And here I thought we were going to do that tomorrow...but since you asked Hath." he would muse.
To which Sawyer would give a loud enough grumble for him to hear, causing Kurt to smirk at it all and take up Hath's hand, "Well then what are we waiting for?" he would happily say practically prancing as he lead the way to the greenhouse.
The faun gripped his hand upon taking it up, and as they pranced and skipped their to the greenhouse, she hummed a little beneath her breath a light tune that was lingering in her mind. “Tomorrow will be too late…I smell rain in the air, but thankfully not a heavy one. It’ll be just right to help freshen the flowers up after their move, and I’m certain they will it up happily. The timing is just perfect today in comparison to tomorrow.” Hath insisted, stopping short of the greenhouse door and opening it for Kurt with an exaggerated bow. “After you, good sir!” To which she would follow him in and instruct him to prepare the wheelbarrow while she gathered up the flowers that were being transplanted.

Dapper Explorer

(( Not going to lie, the mental image of that is pretty hilarious xd ))

"Rain hm?" Kurt would go, sticking his nose up some, and nodding seeing what Hathmeoi meant.
Though when it came to Hath opening the door Kurt couldn't help but chuckle out loud, only to mockingly enter through the threshold ever so graciously, nose in the air and a hand to his collar, smirking all along the way, "Why thank you fair lady!" giving the slightest tilt of the head in acknowledgement. With that silliness done Kurt would hurriedly go about in fetching the wheelbarrow, which took a bit longer then he thought with all the garden supplies still in it. But the wheelbarrow would promptly arrive with a, "Whew!" only to go about in helping Hath with loading the rest of the flowers.
"Lead the way Hath!" Kurt would say in a sing song voice, when the task of loading was done.
(( ~giggles~ ))

Trotting out a little ways ahead of Kurt, the faun’s tail wagged as her ears perked up and back…her doe-brown eyes looking over the terrain a bit before she let out a quiet huff. “Erm…right, she said she wanted them along the path between the cottage and the observatory.” She said with a nod of remembrance, leading the way. Upon arriving, she would quickly set to work as her voice grew hushed. “Once this is done, I would request of you to stay close to the main building.” She quietly instructed. “There’s more than just rain on the wind, and I’m afraid I’ll need to investigate it to make sure I’m right in my suspicions.” Hath explained, before looking up towards her friend with a small smile and a wink; before cooing to the flowers as she worked them into the freshly toiled soil. “Yes…your colors will grow brilliantly in this fertile ground!”

Dapper Explorer

Kurt would nod and follow along, pausing with a slight raised brow at the light waver in Hath's excitement as she gazed the open part of the grounds. Holding in a sigh, probably knowing just what that meant, he would go about in lining up the wheelbarrow just right to make the transition as easy as possible.
Upon hearing Hath's request Kurt tried to hold in his look of disappointment, and here he thought they were rid of those fools. Nevertheless Kurt would nod and hum at Hath's explanations, "Just please be safe is all I ask." he would say in the same tune he was previously humming in, delicately toiling with the flowers in their transitions, "I hope you know I really am sorry for the inconvenience," he would repeat for the hundredth time now -still in a sing song voice-, "here was to thinking the protection spells would be enough, but as Sawyer said, its easier to trick a spell then break it.. "
Hath’s voice chimed with giggles as she playfully pushed Kurt’s hat over his eyes. “Nonsense! It’s far from an inconvenience! It’s helped me see the world and lets me get to know the two of you better!” She beamed, poking his nose once he’s righted his hat, which in turn smudged some dirt on his skin. “And you know I’m always on my guard, so I don’t want to hear anymore fretting from you, ok?” She winked again. “Those spells don’t reach as far as the certain parts of the forest, which is why I want you close to the main building.” She added with a nod, her smile receding into a gentle warmth as she patted the earth around the last flower that needed planting. “There…” She clapped the earth from her hands. “…glowing in the sunlight and awaiting the gentle rain. May your roots grow deep and your blossoms grow fragrant.”

Dapper Explorer

Kurt gave a snort as his hat was pushed down over his eyes, low enough for two little bumps to press through on the top of it.
"Hey!" he'd say adjusting his hat with one hand while the other did a poor job of taking the dirt smudge from his face. Only to give a "Blah-a-a" of miniature frustration, he knew she always was on guard, but he'd hate to be the cause of something bad happening to his newest friend. Though seeing as Hath closed such a topic up already, he would have to save an idea of his for another time.
A faint dimpled smile watching Hathmeoi give the finishing touches, and as if on cue Kurt would pull a pair of pan pipes, that he kept hanging about his neck and tucked away behind his flannel shirt, out and began to play a kind sort of tune.
To which when all was done Kurt would give another of his dimpled smiles and smell the flowers. Tucking the pipes away again he would help himself up and offer a hand to Hath, "Lets say we celebrate with a few dacaries hm?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff