Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Manliest of Faces

Cale Harshal

Cale scrawled the password down on her very cramped and cluttered (not to mention damp) sheet of paper. Then she folded it up and stuffed it into the pocket of her jeans for safekeeping.

"Okay, so if that's everything... When did you wanna do this thing?

She rested her elbows on the table and watched Natalie with a slightly raised brow. It was still a little disconcerting to watch the aquatic woman, but she figured she'd get used to it. She'd be more than willing to get used to it, if Nat was going to take on the boring paperwork. She figured Shayla would probably prefer damp papers, to papers written in Cale's illegible chicken-scratch writing anyway.

"We're not exactly overloaded with business, so I figure I can pull this off whenever you want.

[ Sorry for the delay! ^^; ]
User ImageUser ImageSonia RenegadeUser Image

Soft footsteps echoed about the rundown street, announcing the shadowy form as it glided towards towards the two establishments. It was clear by the drawn hood and the wrapped tight cloak that this creature didn't want to be seen though at its hesitant stop, one could not me so sure. As its arms came up so hands would perch on their hips, shapely legs became visible from the opening down the center of the cloak. They were strapped up to the mid-thigh with boots that buckled down the center of the leg, hips tightly hugged with a pair of leather shorts. The figure's fingerless gloved hands moved away from their hips and rose to the edges of the hood of the cloak, pulling it back so that light would cast upon the face of a woman. Bright, piercing blue hues peered out in narrowed slits while deep purple locks flowed down her back and shoulders. Full pale lips curled at the corners in mild amusement while her gaze flowed from the law firm to the tavern with soft ease.

It wasn't until she shook her head that little black horns would poke out from her locks, extending just enough to become visible while something stirred behind her beneath the cloak. No use hiding now that she was far enough away. She gave only a soft hum as she turned her body to the right and practically glided up the front steps into the tavern. She moved quietly through the doors, her hands unclasping her cloak so that it would fall into her arms to reveal that her top was a black, low 'v' cut halter top that strapped much like her boots only behind her back to hold the bandana cut front in place. She went over to the fireplace, throwing her cloak along the back of the loveseat before sprawling out on it with a soft sigh of relief. Her tired body ached miserably yet she never let it cross her features. Instead, she peered about quietly at the quaint little bar and smiled softly while she enjoyed the peace and quiet before her mischievous self would go seek out company.

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Tiiiiiiiiiiime Skip
Because this place has been dead forever. >.>

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Shayla sighed and rubbed the back of her neck, staring at the glowing screen of her laptop. She had to wonder what she was doing here.

Her business had been laughably slow and unsuccessful, and to top it all off, she had lost Cale. She wouldn't take it upon herself to tie down the restless werewolf though, and understood when Cale had announced her resignation in favour of... other pursuits.

Shayla had worried about who she would replace her with, but business the way it was... did she really need to bother?

She closed the laptop in defeat for the evening, and began tidying her workstation. It was already neat and orderly, but she had to have it organized perfectly, even if that meant rearranging it all. Then she made sure all the lights were out and closed up the building early. Stepping out onto the street, she thought to head over to the tavern for a quiet drink before going home for the night.

Her heels clicked noisily against the asphalt as she made her way into the Akushin. It was a little early in the evening for the place to be very busy, which was just the way Shayla liked it. She saw Margaret behind the counter and offered the woman a tired smile and a wave as she walked right on by, to her favourite puffy chair by the fire. She could sit and relax here for a time, enjoying the silence and the fire in comfort before returning to the chaos that was her house.

She sighed, shrugging out of the purple blazer until she was wearing just her white blouse and dark purple pencil skirt. A few moments later Margaret came by and wordlessly deposited a coffee on the side table within Shayla's easy reach.

Business Tycoon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Once again his evening was spent in another tavern, far away from the reaches of the Club's warm mahogany halls, the eyes of the butlers, and most importantly the isolation away from the public. If questioned Marcus would be unable to hide that he had been indeed feeling a touch of cabin fever over the past year. His finances were finally in a position where he could slow down on his full time job dealing with stocks, and go back to enjoying life and getting back into one of his favorite past times: sending the forces of the Unholy back to the Abyss from which they came.

When he entered the Akushin Tavern his hat came off of his head to reveal his short, well kept brown hair. The suit he wore was far from professional at this point as the top two buttons of the shirt were undone, the jacket draped over his shoulder with his right hand holding it by a few fingers in place. His cuff links were also undone resulting in the ends of his sleeves to be open and allowing his wrists some breathing room.

He looked the establishment over for a brief second as he took in the sights, letting the jazz music wash over him as he made his way to the bar. He let his body rest onto one of the stool as he let out a quite audible groan of pleasure, the feeling of getting off of his feet for the first time that day. Turning on the stool he looked around once more, giving Shayla a passing glance at her table as his attention fixed on the waitress, giving her a quick wave of his hand.

"Aye! Evening Miss! May I get a glass of water with no ice please?"

He wanted to have a Gin, his body craved the juniper substance and his tongue danced in his mouth for it like a savage. He knew that if he were to partake in the beverage immediately he would regret it as the walk resulted in leaving him a tad dehydrated.

Morale:Fearless/Brave/Steady/Nervous/Fleeing
Sell in May, and go away; don't come back until St Leger day.

Shin~The ladle monster!

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Techpriest Enginseer

Despite being a little bit mismatched, the place had a comfortable feeling to it. There was no waitress, per say, but a tall strawberry blonde woman with a light smattering of freckles stood behind the bar, leaning against it and casually chatting away with another patron. She glanced up when the gentleman took his seat at the bar though, and gave him a friendly smile. She didn't remark on his dapper (if casually let down) attire. She was used to seeing the occasional businessman from the surrounding Durem area, they tended to show up around early evening. Although this man did seem a cut above the regular stock.

"Just water? Alright, coming right up."

She swung around and grabbed a pitcher of filtered water from the fridge, pouring the gentleman a glass and setting it down on the counter before him.

"Sans ice, just as ordered. No charge for water - let me know if you decide you want something stronger."

Then she glanced up, acknowledging someone who had come up behind the gentleman, waiting to be served.
–--------------------

It was Shayla. The woman was in a similar state, actually, having taken off her suit jacket and unbuttoned just the top button of the white blouse she wore. Her dark hair tumbled just down to her shoulders, and green eyes peeked out from behind thin glasses. She was clutching a steaming coffee cup in both hands.

"Speaking of stronger...?"

She gave Margaret a rueful sort of smile as she stepped closer to the bar. The barkeep chuckled, clearly familiar with the customer, and took the coffee cup. Without asking she pulled out a bottle of Bailey's and measured out a fairly small amount into the cup, just enough to give it a bit of flavor really. Instead of taking it back to the fireplace, where her abandoned jacket lay on the chair, Shayla thanked the other woman and sat at the bar instead. She offered Marcus a polite smile and a nod from over the rim of her mug.

Business Tycoon

He watched the strawberry blonde go to work in getting his water and gave her a smile in return. Despite his ailing feet from a day of being on the stock floor filling in for one of his traders who called in sick Marcus was in good spirits this evening. Things were finally starting to come together for the boy, and he felt that soon he would be able to catch up on the time lost during his early stock days.

While taking a sip or two from his water his eyes fixed on the lady who approached the bar and placed herself on one of the stools. A small laugh and a bit of a snort left his mouth when he watched the blonde give the cup a bit of a 'spike', as he turned to Shayla and smiled. She was fairly attractive, and even had a bit of a business flair about her, which caught his attention more than other... aspects.

"I am pretty sure such a mixture would be considered dangerous to some considering the coffee has to hide the flavor a bit. Regardless, I am surprised a woman would do such a thing so I give you a golf clap for your tastes!"

Truly it was something that did surprise him to see in such an area, especially given what the lady was wearing. In his travels most of the women he had seen partake in alcohol went to safe drinks such as margaritas and wine and tried to avoid the hard stuff to even the middle ground.

The glass of water went to his lips once more as he took another sip and placed the glass on a napkin in order to keep the sweat from leaving a small mess on the bar top.

Shin~The ladle monster!

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Techpriest Enginseer

Shayla's lips twitched in a much warmer kind of smile when he complimented her on her choice of drink. He had a peculiar mannerism - at least, compared to most of Gaia's denizens. Setting the mug down on a saucer. She looked... Tired. Not overtly so, but a little bit drawn. This man was probably no stranger to that look that proclaimed a 'hard day at the office'. Her voice was a warm alto tone.

"I like the taste of it." She admitted, the creamy liqueur was a good substitute for other coffee fixings. "It's just a little treat. I don't drink often, truly."

Aside from the faint symptoms of stress, though, she was actually quite attractive. She was all soft, with a trim waist but wideset hips that the pencil skirt clung to pleasingly. Usually, when she was feeling more chipper, she was the kind of woman that seemed full of warmth and life, and couldn't help but draw stares despite her fairly conservative style of dress.

"I have to admit, I'm curious. I've never seen you around here before... But I'd wager you aren't from one of the office buildings nearby."

Business Tycoon

"To have a treat on such a day as today, then I would imagine that your current situation is actually going well?"

For Marcus treats were reserved for times of celebration, situations where fortune has finally come knocking and life has finally broken out of the shell of normalcy and blossomed into something fresh and unique. For Marcus this was often done through a massive deal going through, or an individual at his firm making their first million dollar sale.

His eyes were amazing at looking for details on a person and how they truly feel. Years of meeting with all walks of life to discuss finances has given Marcus an edge when it comes to body language. He could tell that by looking over the beautiful woman that she was lacking a certain... cheer about her. She was stressed he took note as her entire posture screamed it. He could go on in his mind about how she looked almost frayed but he kept his thoughts repressed, refusing to ruin the moment with his over thinking tendencies.

"You could be correct in assuming that I am new here, and to this side of town really. I work over in the Business District, the Stock Exchange to be precise. The only reason I am here is to attain a refill of this.."

His hand slipped into the large leather portfolio that was draped over his body like a messenger bag as he brought forth a crystal vial, no taller than an average index finger in length, as he placed the empty vessel on the bar's surface.

"I have been looking everywhere for a place that can sell me a True Capitalist's Tears. So far my hunt has netted only one source and the source wants a grand amount of cash for such a small quantity. I did some searching in the Yellow Pages and I figured I would try that law office for spooks across the street."

His hand went up as he pointed his thumb out the window to signal his quarry: Orien & Co. Laughter followed his little motion as he brought another sip of water into his mouth and set the glass back down, following the action up with a cracking of his hands. The day had been rough as he filled out over 200 trade tickets by hand, each ticket needing small and difficult to quickly write text. A grand protest was being staged in his palms from holding the pen wrong all day, writing share tickets on the backs of others or any surface he could find.

Shin~The ladle monster!

((Sorry if my posts are kind of... off. Past few weeks have been a refresher course of writing a good RP post so this will take some time to get back to perfection sweatdrop ))

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Techpriest Enginseer

Shayla's cheeks flushed slightly and she shook her head regretfully in response to his assumption that she was drinking to celebrate the day.

"Ah... No. Unfortunately, not. I suppose I should have called it more of a consolation prize, than a treat."

She laughed, and the gesture brought some warmth back to her demeanor, her eyes crinkling a little in mirth. Even though business wasn't going too well, she wasn't the type to allow it to drag her down completely. If anything, even just the company was helping to improve her mood.

"If I were celebrating, I'd have skipped the coffee completely."

No, she wasn't an alcoholic, and she never drank in excess - not anymore, at least. But it was nice to wind down before going home, especially since she had locked the doors a little early that night.

'I figured I would try that law office for spooks across the street...'

Shayla's expression froze for a moment, and then gave a small ironic chuckle. Of course on the one day she'd closed shop early, an actual customer had come by. She glanced at him with an apologetic little smile.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think they would be able to help you much on that account."

Mainly because the tears of a true capitalist was not a commodity that she, nor any of her clients, had ever sought out. It must be a rare and obscure substance indeed. But then, it would indeed be a challenge to find something so difficult to obtain... It might be a task to put her tracing skills to the test. In Cale's case that would have meant a lot of leg work - in Shayla's it promised long hours sitting at the laptop and talking to people on the phone.

"But then, maybe they could. I'd never heard of the significance of a Capitalists tears before."

She actually sounded intrigued now, her curiosity perking her mood a fair amount.

[ sorry if mine aren't that great either... I'm just heading home from work now though, I'll be able to post better and more often from there. ]

Business Tycoon

((And I am about to go to bed sad I will reply tomorrow after work though!))

Dangerous Businessman

OOC: Totally designing a Detective to toss in here.

Business Tycoon

The more he talked to the lass, he noticed that she was physically becoming more 'alive' yet he could tell that it was a false facade that was being built before him. She was hiding something and a part of him wanted to dive in deep and try to ring out the truth. He knew better than to do such a thing though, knowing that it was a good way to ruin a conversation.

"Well I hope that someday you will be drinking to celebrate something big in your life then. A new car, a child, even just a day where you can relax with your love with no interruption!"

He took another drink of his Gin, a larger swig than the others as he took in her words about the establishment that he had traveled all this way to see. A grim look fell over his face as he let the tip of his right index finger trail around the rim of his glass.

"Well, worth a try at least. I will probably stop in regardless tomorrow to see. They are extremely rare and only have a few niche uses but I figured such a place would want to protect itself against financial demons."

With a quick snap of his hand he grasped his glass and let the rest of the Gin barrel down his throat. Marcus was a man who could handle his liquor however the juniper taste was overwhelming as his face for a brief moment mimicked one of an individual who had eaten a jalapeno pepper raw. Once the tears finished running from his eyes and smacked his lips together and had a bit of a coughing fit.

"Oh dear excuse me.. wow... that was whew! Sorry about that I just wanted to get the drink out of the way! Capitalist Tears are a niche tool that is used when trying to detect forgeries on legal documents or to weed out demons whose sole intention is to bugger up the finances of mortals. I know it sounds stupid and far fetched but I assure you lass that I am one of the best hunters of this type of game in all of Gaia!"

The redness of his cheeks could of been any number of things that had been happening. It could of been being tired, the alcohol, or the fact that he just declared himself the best financial demon hunter in all of Gaia to an individual he had never met, and who had no idea what he was talking about.

Shin~The ladle monster!

10,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Techpriest Enginseer

A touch of a blush rose to Shayla's cheeks when the gentleman mentioned everything that she could be celebrating. A genuine smile rose to her lips then, and in it was a sense of pride and love that had not been there moments before.

"I celebrate for my children every day."

It was a mother's pride, and if anything lifted her spirits it was this man's reminder that there was always indeed something worth celebrating. She tried to hide a small smile when he knocked back his drink so quickly that it sent him into a coughing fit, and offered him a napkin from the dispenser on the counter.

"Oh dear, you should be careful. You don't want to choke."

It was only a playful reprimand, though, and she seemed in much better spirits. Of all things, when he mentioned that he was a financial demon hunter, Shayla looked thoughtful rather than derisive.

"A financial demon, you say? I actually wouldn't find such a thing so far-fetched. Perhaps that's why I'm finding my business in such dire straits right now."

She turned in her bar stool until she was facing him, and offered him her hand - as well as a rueful sort of smile.

"I'm Shayla Orien."

Business Tycoon

"Ah so you have children, how old might they be?"

For Marcus the idea of children was a far off dream, something he would only be seeing once his finances were in order enough that he could be there for every step of their lives. His own father was never home since he needed to work three jobs to provide food for the family, a situation that Marcus seen as a massive barrier for himself emotionally growing up.

He accepted the napkin with a nod as he wiped his face a bit to make sure that he was clean of specs of Gin and other fluids that might of been expelled during his little fit.

"Well, it is possible you are facing such a thing however I am unsure what your business is. They usually only target large hubs of cash flow since they like to do minimal damage for a huge reaction."

He looked to her hand as his mind entered a moral dilemma. In the closed social circles one would take the hand and kiss the top of it, leading it away with his own. However this was a random commoner in a bar, in Durem, on a bar stool. Shaking her hand seemed out of the question though since she was a fair lass, and thus deserved more respect than a simple formal greeting.

Reaching down with his right hand he took her hand in his, lifting it up and placing a small peck on the top of it. As he moved her hand back towards her, he looked up at her and gave her a smile and a small nod of the head.

"I am Marcus Monroe the Second, you can call me Marcus for short."

Shin~The ladle monster!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces