Chatty Fatcat

8,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Name: Leontias Métaliene
:

"Well to say in my honest and completely polite opinion, What the ******** you you think? OF COURSE I HAVE SOMETHING" Hge lifted himself up and slammed his hands on the table. Another thing that his little curse was doing to him, it was messing with his normal psyche. His eyes would turn red for the slight millisecond and his comments would become NEAR inflammatory. His eyes went back to their normal green coloring and he sat back down in his seat, coughed and looked down.

"As you can see it is also making me suffer from...less than satisfactory outburst, but yes I do indeed have a plan at least to find out what exactly is wrong with me..." He said. He reached into his long trenchcoat and pulled out a book, which was simply titled. 'Aincient Landmarks of Gaia Prime." He placed it on the table and opened it to skipping a few pages and turning to the one that caught his interest.

"It's call the Library of Infinite Wonders, a place where one man can find the knowledge of all thing imaginable, and I believe I found this place, I need some help however..." He said with a grin on his face. "I might be calling somebody else to help in my cause as well, but I need a third person, and I will gladly pay for your services."

Eloquent Conversationalist

10,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Cale Harshal

Cale listened intently, for once shutting up long enough to intake and process the massive amounts of information that she was receiving. She actually had the gist of it... that is, until the other woman started spouting out a long list of twists and turns.

"I'm thinking yes, it'd prolly be best for you to write this one down for me." Cale pushed a pad of paper toward Natalie, and then provided her with a pen. "Sounds easy enough. Bluff my way through, sneak around the vents, take pics if I can, bring them back to you. Oh, and get out again alive."

She actually looked a little bit eager. "Sounds like a hell of a jaunt, don't it? Don't worry, we got this in the bag."

She was definitely the confident sort - confidant enough in a flippant kind of way to make someone wary of her skills as a detective. It was all a tough facade though. When it came down to it, Cale was able to move and act with surprising agility and silence, and could keeo a level if oft-times foul-mouthed head in a tight situation.

"Oh, speakin' of bags... as in bags of cash..." She shrugged her shoulders as if to say 'such is life', "For dangerous missions like this, we do need to take some payment up front. Y'know, insurance."

[ I'm just about to head home... 20 mins or so, and I'll be able to post much more consistently. ]

10,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Shayla Orien

Shayla leaned further back in her comfortable office chair to distance herself from the outburst. Her expression briefly twitched with annoyance and anger at being addressed in such a manner, but she didn't retaliate. She took a moment to fix her already perfectly pinned up raven hair while she collected herself. Once he had calmed down, she leaned forward over the desk in a businesslike manner, clasping her pale, manicured hands together in front of her.

"Ah, I understand these things can be... volatile. I wouldn't hold that against you, clearly this is something you are working hard to contain." Were those perfectly manicured nails trembling? Perhaps the outburst had shaken her more than she allowed him to see.

At first when he placed the book upon the desk, she merely gave it a curious glance. However, she grew more attentive as he leafed through the pages. Her own green eyes widened slightly as he explained the nature of this quest to her. Even with her near-iron control, she couldn't stop a soft gasp as she intook a breath quickly. "You mean to say... you've found... the Library of Infinite Wonders...?" Her expression was for once as easy to read as the book in front of them. It was impressed, and she looked as if she yearned for such knowledge herself.

And the worst part? Cale wouldn't even appreciate a library. That uncouth, uncultured lout would do the job, and she'd probably do it well - but she wouldn't give two shits about the multitude of knowledge that was to be had there. "Y-es, of course! We're proud to offer our services, of course..."

Her voice trailed off for a few moments before she cleared her throat, recovering her professional attitude. "I can certainly arrange to have one of us accompany you. If you wouldn't mind going over the details of this... quest, that you've already worked out?"

She opened a drawer on her desk and withdrew a slim black laptop, preparing to take down detailed notes that she could pursue later and use as a record of the conversation.

Gekko

Nat quickly took up the pen and paper, writing down her instructions quick as the wind. 'Course, she was a journalist before, so it was likely natural for her. By the time Cale showed her confidence in their success, the directions were written down and quite legible, much better than when she used a pencil. As welcome as the enthusiasm was though, the mention of an upfront payment bode grim. A week or so out of captivity is not nearly enough to reestablish a living. What to do, what to do...

Tell the truth of course. That was her solemn vow when going into journalism, and she's kept to it since. Not one lie has escaped those lips since her first day of work. "...I guess we've reached an impasse, you could say, then... I, uh... really don't have anything left... the bastards, well, froze my funds and erased my identity. Legally I don't exist." She didn't even know where her parents were now, her unapproving, spiteful parents... they sure weren't back home. Probably slung in those cells too... and don't have a way of getting out... good riddens. At least those bigots deserved it, don't know about anyone else there. It'd be nice and ironic if they got turned into pigs, like that one movie...

Still, there had to be something she could provide back. "...I can't pay, but I don't suppose you could use some kind of extra hand around here? I'm pretty damn quick, good with paperwork, basic secretary skills..." It was really all she could offer. It was obvious by her nervousness that she was grasping at straws.

10,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Cale Harshal

"Huh, well... you drive a tough bargain, Natalie, but you've managed to convince me!" Cale stated loudly, throwing her hands up in the air as if they had been haggling price for ages, when in reality it had taken hardly any convincing at all. "I suppose we'll let you manage with an IOU and some manual labour, but you're really twisting my leg on this one."

She grinned. Sure, Shayla would threaten to kill her seven ways to Sunday. But the upside? Now there was someone else to sit at that reception desk, and someone else that she could make to all her paperwork. It was brilliant, because Cale hated paperwork. She much preferred to be out doing something productive than sitting down and scribbling notes all day.

"So then, now that that's outta the way... We're probably going to need to do some digging before we actually storm in there... That statement was with a resigned sigh, and she kicked the old computer tower beneath her desk until the ancient thing buzzed to life. "Tell me what you know about this place... guess I'll see if I can find a floor plan or somethin', at least for the public part of the building."

At least it was a good sign that she was willing to do some preparation, for all it was obvious she would rather be thinking on her feet.

Gekko

(( Will have to call off rping rest of the night, sleeping meds starting to kick in again. Sorry to just poof and all again, but yeah. I promise to reply back tomorrow.

Edit: jeez I can't type when I'm tired. /fix it fix it fix it ))

10,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Manliest of Faces
(( will have to all off rping rest of the night, sleeping meds starting to kick in again. sorry to just poof and all again but yeah i promise to reply back tomorrow. ))
[ No problem! Thanks for putting up with my pace all day. Have a good sleep. :3 ]

Chatty Fatcat

8,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Name: Leontias Métaliene
:

"Well, I don't have exact directions, I've heard it was located somewhere in Gambino, so I was planning on going there." He sighed and cracked his neck. "However, I don't think it'll be a good idea to be around people along if I am...like this...So I..." He sighed for a second and pinched the bridge of his nose he didn't want to ask this, he really didn't want to. "I'm going to need a little bit of help to do so." He said with a sigh escaping his lips.

He began to wrap his hands again, however the bugger that was the tentacles were beginning to fight it off, repeatedly slapping the male in the face and hissing. He snarled at the slimpy tentacle slapping him in the face and grabbed it with his hand, electrocuting it however, hurting himself in the process

10,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Shayla Orien

Shayla winced at the one-man war being waged in front of her as the man tried to wrestle the betentacled arm back into its bandages. She could understand how difficult it was to ask for help, especially to someone with a lot of pride such as herself. Still, she offered, in a surprisingly gentle voice, different from her previous clipped, business-like manner. "I could wrap it for you, if you would hold them in place."

She had already steeled herself, not to be offended if her offer were refused. He was obviously on a short fuse, this... parasite or whatever was changing him was clearly effecting him on a chemical and therefore emotional level.

"If you have no details for this expedition planned out, we will have to hash some out whenever you are ready. I will need to know how long this expedition will last. I have only got one employee, and myself at your disposal."

She was prepared to fully support such an expedition, but if it would be lengthy she would need to know in advance so as to prepare necessary arrangements for the lack of available staff.

10,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
[ Turning in for the night. ]

Chatty Fatcat

8,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
User Image
Leontias Métaliene“Well I find it no doubt that travel is going to be long, frustrating and overall annoying.” He said. He was finally relieved to be able to rebandage his arm and be able to calm himself down again. However, he could still feel the rogue body part wanting to rip out of the incantation, He merely sighed and looked at the female. “We don’t have to leave now, besides I still need to make sure my sources are positive, I don’t want to send you on a wild goose chase with me and we discover nothing ya know?” He lifted himself off from her seat.

He was certainly ready to continue the travel, but he had to read more into it, maybe she could join along and help him out abit on his quest, they’re a lot of people he still wanted to gather up for this.

10,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Shayla Orien

"Alright then. I trust you'll be keeping in touch?"

She took one of her business cards, flipped it over, and wrote her personal cell number on the back. Her writing was clear, precise and confident, a reflection of her own character. She gave him a small smile, this one more personable than her business-like demeanor.

"I... we, definitely want to help you with this endeavor." The truth was, Shayla was incredibly excited at the prospect of finding this ancient library. She loved reading, and the knowledge held in that wonder of a library would be limitless. It was very tempting. Although... "It sounds as if my associate is with another client right now. If you want Accalia's help, this venture may need to wait until her previous engagement it settled."

Shayla shrugged her slender shoulders and tried not to look too hopeful as she continued. "I understand this is urgent though. If need be, you can have my assistance instead. Although... I fear I may not be as useful in a hands-on approach as she would be."

Aka, Cale could punch things harder and would probably be more versatile.
Trexasle

Gekko

Shin~The ladle monster!

(( And my disappearing act comes to end. Chicago wasn't half bad, gotta say, save for all the pan handlers. ))

Well...that was a relief. A lot easier than she had expected too...maybe she should have waited to play that hand a little more. Too late to take it back though. Besides, the bland place could provide some temporary housing afterwards. Not like I take up much room anymore, just need a basin to set myself in...that sounds so much weirder thought out.

Oh well, no time to dwell on it, plans needed to be made. Thankfully Nat had prepared loads in the week before, mentally mapping out the facility through careful interchanging between the sewage and ventilation systems, mixed with some innocent puddles here or there that didn't attract attention. "...alright, basic plans down," Nat started off, handing over the recommended directions inside the complex over to Cale, "The matter of security presents itself. Most have non-lethal armaments, save for the holding cell area. For preserving fresh lab rats, I believe. Non-lethal include tazers, heavy duty tranquilizers and flash bangs, lethal only average 9mm pistols and army-grade assault rifles. Complex advanced, weaponry not so much." The snapshot yet basic way she spewed info out was rather odd come to think of it, as if she was channeling someone or something. "...all research assistants unarmed, generally very weak. Very easy to interrogate, have done so before with fear tactics alone. Quite cowardly...hmm... Cameras inside operate on a 5 second timer between clips, easy to bypass if timing is known. I'm sure even a caveman could accomplish this with one year's training." She wasn't trying to insult her future superior, just insinuating how easy this job should be.

Nat finally paused a moment, then piped up with her own question. "...anything else necessary? Room layouts, human resource numbers...etcetera?"

10,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Cale Harshal

Cale mentally stored away all of this information for later use, and only occasionally did she scrawl something down on the same paper as the directions, her chicken scratch writing only making sense to her alone. For the most part she would rely on her memory and on her wits - she really wasn't one for taking down notes.

Tazers, she could deal with. She would have to look out for the tranqs though - luckily she was fleet-footed, and if the personnel in this place were as cowardly and basic as Natalie made them out to be, none of them should even manage to land a shot on her, as long as she remained vigilant. Bullets, well... if she did take a hit, she assumed she'd be able to walk it off. She nodded.

"Sounds straightforward enough. Are there any passcode- or key card protected areas? Of there are, can you get me the necessary passwords, or anything that would help me out there?"

Her rough speech had dissolved a little bit. In her own way, Cale did also take business seriously, although not to the prim extreme that her boss did.

[ I liked Chicago when I visited there. Then again, I was mostly in tourist areas because it was a school trip. ]

Gekko

Shin~The ladle monster!

(( I think I would have liked it more if I didn't have major acrophobia. And have a room on the 24th floor of a hotel. Yeah, I didn't spend much time in my room. :V ))

"...ah yes. The security quarters." Natalie seemed deep in thought for a few moments, then brought herself back to attentiveness with the same dry expression. "...right, the wimp I threatened to absorb gave me wind that the pass for the quarters was...944702318. If I remember right. He may have been bluffing, but if push comes to shove and the vents are stuffed up somehow, give it a try. I couldn't test it myself because...well... should be obvious enough." It really did suck having no musculature at all. "...should be the only passcode protected area. Everything else runs like clockwork, opening up at specific times to meet demands of the workers and their schedules, save for the bathroom entrance. Guards work it all from that central room the directions lead to. Just don't open up too much when you get there, may cause suspicion."

Not entirely sure of anything else to bring up, Nat simply waited there for Cale's okay on the get-go, her elbows and chin dripping a fair amount.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff