Welcome to Gaia! ::

Relentless Raider

8,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Shin~The ladle monster!

"No thank you miss." Alex spoke softly before sipping the coffee, she looked over at Shayla and smiled softly. "I can eat and listen at the same time chicka, had you stuck around after I got my a** handed to me you would know that." Alex made a mental note of the blondes scars, discouraging but she was probably a donor or a former slave, either way if she was willing hey cool for her if not, well she would find out later she had work to do first.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Alexandra Tepes

"Well you just let me know if there's anything you need."

The bartender gave Alex and Shayla one last smile and left to grab Shayla's order. As she turned, her blonde hair swished aside to reveal there were also bite marks on her neck - except these were small and neat, well healed unlike the messier marks on her arms.

Shayla adjusted herself comfortably in her chair and glanced around - the place was dead that night, to be sure. The only other person inside was seated on the couch in front of the fire... a little girl with pale skin and a head of glossy purple curls. She looked to be perhaps seven years old, except her intense dark eyes were focused on a book in her lap that appeared to be a large textbook on medical science. The vampiric aura definitely came from her.

Shayla didn't seem to pay the presence of the girl any mind as she got down to business.

"I am sorry I had to leave that time, but alas work waits for no woman. Speaking of. Flutter asked me to follow up on Vintrict, yes. At the time, she believed Vintrict to be associated with a different group, one called Yuen Enterprises. Now, I have been able to verify for a fact that he is not affiliated with Yuen Enterprises at all. As for the VSA, Flutter did not mention them to me at all. I wasn't aware that they had a bearing on this case, and being unable to communicate with Flutter through the mirror, I haven't been able to gather and share as much information as I would like. But I am familiar with the group somewhat, as they have popped up in previous cases of mine in the past."

Relentless Raider

8,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Shin~The ladle monster!

Alex smirked. "So what did you find out about Vin anyway?" Alex began eating her stake her ears twitching slightly, she was sure the staff her had sensed her energy while she was humming yet they where so nice to her, it was weird. " And what do you know about the VSA, I don't have the clearance to get into the Bluesummers Corp's research and mission files that I am not involved in." She swallowed forgetting her manners for a second. " Can't get there fines on Vin for the same reason...... hell my father and Grandfather advised I not get involved in this." Alex smirked slightly taking another quick bite. "But if Flutter is involved so am I, Plus its an excuse to show people why my call sign when I am working is the little impaler." Alex grinned, the interlocking dagger like teeth full bare, she smelt vampire here so she was sure all manner of night breed came threw this place.

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Alexandra Tepes

"Well, these things take time." Shayla warned Alex, apparently unsettled by the other woman's momentary lapse in table manners... although if she were one of Shayla's children, she would have scolded them for it. "And I was set back, having to investigate a false lead. My information is not complete at this time."

Indeed the staff had sensed Alex's demonic aura - and although she didn't necessarily realize it, that was why the little vampire girl had chosen to stay on the main floor. She usually didn't stick around when there were customers about, but the small vampire wanted to be able to protect Margaret and Shayla if the need arose... not that she thought it would. Although, the little girl's purple eyes did occasionally find their way over to the women seated in the armchairs. She watched them, and barely even glanced at the book sitting open on her lap. She was definitely listening.

"I have absolutely no pull or sway with that organization, so you'll understand if I haven't been able to get inside information on them, or their employees, just yet." Shayla continued, apparently oblivious to the fact the little girl was listening. "I do know that Vintrict definitely works with them. I also know that the organization is not what it used to be - they don't crusade against 'creatures of the night' in the same manner they used to. They don't just hunt people down for the sake of it anymore, now they are more... reactive. They usually only take action in the event that someone is posing a large-scale, dangerous threat."

Shayla paused thoughtfully for another moment before adding one more thing.

"I also have it on good authority that Vintrict himself has been known to socialize with vampires and the like, more than killing them of late. At least, it's been observed."

Shayla had that little tidbit from a personal source, one who had encountered Vintrict several times and had never seen him cause a problem within known vampire havens.

Relentless Raider

8,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Shin~The ladle monster!

Alex glanced at the small vampire and cocked her eye brow as her ear twitched faintly. "My grandfather was one of the people the VSA hunted, probably would if he was ever released but." Alex leaned forwards in her seat looking over to Shayla. "Has the name Azreal Onigami or Bluesummers come up at all in your investigation?" Alex needed to know how well her father and great uncle covered there tracks. "And I understand the lack of pull, I am having the same problem with my bosses, All my resources are either in the Syndicate or low level knee breakers in Bluesummers corp like me." She closed her mismatched eyes and smiled, if her grandfathers name had come up then the VSA lead panned out like she had hoped. "Like I said Vin dated my Aunt, Venom so I got a little information there but it raised more questions, but your investigation has raised one big one, the VSA can go toe to toe with a being who wielded diety level power and won, why stop hunting the night breed." Alex reopened her eyes her face serious, determend even.

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Alexandra Tepes

"Perhaps if the demon Azreal were released, then he may be enough of a threat to warrant their attention. But the name hasn't come up yet - as I said, I am only in the very beginning stages of any investigation concerning the VSA, because the last few days have been spent finding and verifying the information I sought out through Yuen Enterprises. I need more time."

When Alex went on to ask why the VSA would stop hunting the 'night breed', Shayla met the woman's determined gaze with an honest, speculative one with your own.

"Well, didn't you say yourself the last time we met, that people that can't accept one another for who they are, are holding us back from progress? I believe it's likely they have come to the realization that just because they can hunt down and kill every night walker on Gaia doesn't mean that they should. I think they've taken on more of a politically peaceful role, more socially aware that vampires and other night walkers are becoming accepted and valuable members of society. So they'll only deal with the ones they think are going to be a danger to the populace on a large scale."

Shayla shrugged her shoulders.

"That, however, is speculation on my part, not concrete evidence I've turned up."

Relentless Raider

8,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Shin~The ladle monster!

Alex smiled softly and closed her eyes again. "If my grandfather where to be released the VSA would not be the only ones to mobilize to stop him..... and all sides would suffer heavy casualtys..... the older he gets the stronger he gets." Alex reopened her eyes. "If you can get to there database can you get there files downloaded?" she smirked slightly as she interlaced her fingers in front of her. "Namely the ones on my Family, Bluesummers, Onigami or Dur'ri....." Alex looked at the ceiling for a second. "As for your theory to why they stopped, It is a sound one but something does not feel right ya know?" She looked back to Shayla and grinned. " Sorry If I have so many questions..... Kinda goes with who I am."

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Alexandra Tepes

"Hey, I know what it's like to have more questions than answers. I question everything, which is a big part of why I do what I do."

Shayla gave Alex a reassuring little smile, and just at that moment a steaming mug of coffee appeared on the table for Shayla; Margaret having slipped up to place the drink and left just as quickly, knowing the two women were likely talking business.

"If I can somehow get into their computer system, I will take a look for these names. It depends on their encryption, how strong it is, and also their own resources. I don't want to be caught illegally hacking into other people's property, that's a charge that I don't need. I am beholden to human law, whether or not I always respect it. So like I said, I will need more time... but it is a possibility. I will get what information I can."

Relentless Raider

8,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Shin~The ladle monster!

Alex smiled calmly and nodded. "Alright, Now If that is all you have for me I should get going though I would like a copy of what you have so far to hand to Flutter when I get home." Alex smirked slightly. "Oh and what ever else you find." She hands Shayla a card that said Bluesummers Corp on it with a name under it was a name, Alexandra Dur'ri Tepes and a cell phone number. "Call me please, My phone is a little more reliable then the mirrors, the interference doesn't seem to bother Bluesummers mage Tech."

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Alexandra Tepes

"Thank goodness, I appreciate having a more reliable way to communicate... however, that being said, those mirrors are brilliant little devices, and not traceable in the same way a cell phone is. And handy for checking my makeup."

Shayla chuckled, accepting the card and tucking it away in her pocket.

"I hadn't printed out a copy of anything, as I wasn't expecting your visit tonight. Do you have an e-mail address or fax I could forward the information along to you later tonight? I'll include notes of everything we discussed today, and you can send it forward to Flutter. I will also continue to visit the Black Halo on occasion, so we may be able to speak in person, the three of us, on these matters."

Shayla paused for a moment, looking intrigued.

"Oh, and just as a matter of curiosity... this mage tech you have, is there any way I might be able to purchase some? In this day and age, and this field of work, a woman like me could use the edge that magi-technology might give me."

Relentless Raider

8,025 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Shin~The ladle monster!

"They can go ahead and try to trace tgis thing my dad made it." Alex smirked and nodded. "Yea you can buy it, I will see if I can talk to my dad, Bluesummers Corp makes and sells the stuff, phones cars armor weapons name it we probably have it, Hell I could talk to the Onigami side of the family if you want something off the books and untraceable." Alex smiled. "And the e-mail is on the back of the card, gotta print more cards." Alex chuckled as she smiled. " Oh if you ever need muscle or fire power I am currently for hire." Alex walked away waving her hand, when the bartender would lift her plate there would be a platinum coin under the it with the Bluesummers crest.

11,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
Alexandra Tepes

"Perfect, thank you for your time."

Shayla thanked Alex.

"I'll be in touch. See you around."

She bid the other woman a fond farewell, and once Alex was gone, Shayla thoughtfully sipped at her coffee. Then she glanced over at the little vampire girl curiously.

"So, Shin, what do you think?"

The small girl raised an eyebrow and shut the book - she'd stopped paying attention to it anyway.

"I think she's being honest. She's a powerful one, for all that she is young, and I'm willing to bet with a prestigious lineage indeed. Shayla, just... keep your wits about you, you may be getting mixed up in something bigger than yourself." Shin eyed Shayla meaningfully. "Again."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff