Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Citizen

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

DAY & MONTH: Tuesday, December 2nd, 2014
TIME: 5:30 PM (club is just opening for the evening, hours are 5:30 pm to 1:30 am)
WEATHER: Clear, temperature in the low 50's (fahrenheit; 10's celsius).
CURRENT EVENT: 1930's themed party!

Bring your molls and leave the kids at home. It's gonna ring-a-ding-ding at the wingding in Coven tonight. The canaries are gonna sing and the cats will dance. So get up, come on over and let us pour you a glass.

Tonight is one of Coven's theme nights, and this time the theme is the 1930's. Staff are expected to dress the part, and customers may choose to do so as well. Big band, swing and jazz music will be playing for the evening. Framed pictures of 1930's Hollywood stars and starlets are hanging on the walls, and the club's interior has been set up to look like a speakeasy, with velvet, crystal and art deco all part of the design.

Potato chips, cheese puffs and popcorn in individual bags can be ordered for free. Other items on the menu just for tonight are: cheesesteaks, scrambled egg sandwiches, creamy rice pudding, peanut butter and entire wheat bread sandwiches, ginger bread with whipped cream, fried potato cakes.

Anxious Lover

11,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
User Image
MAGNETIC EVERYTHING ABOUT ME
YOU REALLY GOT ME NOW
YOU DO IT TO ME SO WELL
HYPNOTIC TAKING OVER ME
MAKE ME FEEL LIKE SOMEONE ELSE

YOU GOT ME TALKING IN MY SLEEP
I DON'T WANNA COME BACK DOWN
I DON'T WANNA TOUCH THE GROUND
JUST LIKE AN OCEAN DUG SO DEEP
HYPNOTIC TAKING OVER ME

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Mocha Saito // Bathtub//street//coven // Tired//Content//Satisfied //Alone//Employees of Coven and Customers

The chill was always so incredibly enjoyable. Chilling his whole body to a freezing temperature--most people would have frozen, or died from the horrible cold. But this young man had come accustomed to cold water, that and he wasn't exactly a normal being anyway. He couldn't even fit in the tub, not to his mass, but his length. His head pressed against the edge of the tub, his head pressed against the porcelain bottom. Bubbles occasionally leaving his mouth, heading to the surface like the rest of his body. His upper body showing his slender frame that was often mistaken for a girl--with the exception of his flat chest. Though, down passed his belly, scales became to appear, light blue. Becoming more and more frequent until it turned into a pure tail. His legs pressed together to form the light blue scales. Slipping up onto the other side of the bath, the end of his tail sticking out of the cold water. Showing the silky tail. Fragile to the touch and truly sensitive. Most people didn't get a chance to see this form of this young male, having the intention to keep it for sea creatures and his family members. He slid up, his fin slipping into the water before he was sitting up. His back protesting the moment he did before he leaned over the tub's edge. He really hated how tiny this bath was. He needed a much bigger one. At least one where he could sleep curled up into a ball. Not sprawled out like some creature in the wilderness. He blinked heavily, trying to wake up while the water dripped off his skin. Leaving him with an even more chill. It was better than the night before at least--finding it much to hot to have sex with someone, and then stay for a while. The guy was all about holding onto him, which wasn't his favorite thing to do. Heat happened to be a horrible weakness for him. Forcing him to become tired and even nauseous. Which... wasn't the greatness after achieving mass pleasure.

So he ended up sneaking off once the guy was asleep, choosing to go back to his place he was calling him. Which was a one bedroom apartment. Which was the cheapest place he could afford currently. Maybe he could find a better place. Though all he needed was a tub and closet. Finding the two things the only thing he needed, if he wanted to sleep with someone, he went to their house. Plus, he never slept in a bed, so he really just needed this. He closed his eyes, smiling contently, finally waking up before he pulled himself up. Hopping out of his tub and onto the floor. Leaving a puddle while he dried off, using a towel, he tried to dry as much as possible before he pressed his hands against his scales. Feeling magic radiate through his fingers he slid his hands down slowly, his boy shivering before his fins separated into twin legs. His scales sinking in and turning into the pale skin they usually were.

He licked his lips, managed to stand after that. His head aching from his sleeping position before he pulled the plug on his bath water. Letting it drain while he walked to the mirror, taking his time to brush his hair while he stood naked. Trying to fluff up his hair just a bit before drying it with a dryer. Staring in the mirror while his hair puffed up and dried. He was fully awake now, smiling while he straightened and styled his hair. Leaving a hair clip against his bangs. Keeping them out of his eyes before he brushed his teeth, working on the rest of his daily ritual. Which, to be honest took a lot long then most people. After all, he has to apply his foundation before actually getting dressed. Taking his time figuring out which casual wear he should try on.

So far, he looked like an average girl, a cute one, if someone asked him. But Mocha had a habit to take things a little far. Applying make up and even working on his hair some more. Just hoping to achieve some sort of attention. Which, if his brother was around, he would gain the wanted attention he was going to need.

Mocha slid on his socks and shoes, leaving him ready to head out.

He locked his door before he headed down the stairs of his trashy apartment. Waving to some of the neighbors. "Good morning Saito-Chan--" "--Good morning." He waved slightly to some of them while he was greeted. None of them having any idea that the young 'girl' upstairs was really a man in woman's clothing. But honestly, he looked amazing in them! Or, so he thought, no one seemed to notice his true gender and it made him feel good to be called pretty by others. He was his kink, and his gender identity.

Mocha walked with a slight skip in his step, stopping on an occasion to look into store windows. Mumbling about cute clothes before moving on. Even stopping to munch on a crepe. This was pretty much it though... his life on land. Wandering about, flirting with people, buying cute things and eating. Not the most ideal life, but truthfully, he liked it. Occasionally going to the ocean to visit family and sea friends was notable. But he preferred hanging out with his brother at his job.

Which--he looked at his cell phone. Finding that his brother's work would be open for business soon. He frowned, how had time gotten away so fast? He forgot that it was a themed evening. He sighed, almost tempted to pull at his hair. He had to go to the store, buy new clothes! Restyle his hair, how could he manage this? He groaned as he made his way to a thrift store, a little dusty for his liking but he would have to deal. This was what he got for forgetting about a theme not. Of course he didn't have to participate in such a thing--but he pouted while he looked through the dresses. He liked participating in little things like that, it was rather charming. Plus, being a 1930s chick was one way to go through a night. Plus, he always wanted to learn how to 'swing' not only that, jazz was a passionate genre.

The mermaid managed to find to find something suitable for the gathering. Managing to get away with keeping his hair the same as well before he headed towards Coven. A little excited when he arrived at his usual hangout. Maybe he would see his brother first. Or Kiki, he hadn't seen his friend in a while. He moved his hair from his shoulder before he was welcomed inside.

User Image

Newbie Noob

a a

A.LIGHTINTHEROOM□□it was you who was standing*there
User Image
|| TRIED IT WAS TRUE AS YOUR GLANCE MET MY STARE || TRIED IT WAS TRUE AS YOUR GLANCE MET MY STARE || TRIED IT WAS TRUE AS YOUR GLANCE MET MY STARE ||
|| TRIED IT WAS TRUE AS YOUR GLANCE MET MY STARE || TRIED IT WAS TRUE AS YOUR GLANCE MET MY STARE || TRIED IT WAS TRUE AS YOUR GLANCE MET MY STARE ||

and he would gather h er◢BUTYOURHEARTDRIFTEDOFFand he would gather her leaves and he woulikethelandsplitby.sea
and he would gather her leaves and heI tried to .go .go to follow ▷▷▷ I tried to .go .go to follow ▷▷▷

and he would to kneel DOWN at.your FEET a██a ██a ██a ██ a██ a██
and he would to kneel DOWN at.your FEET a██a ██a ██ a██ a██ a██

I'LL RUN I'LL RUN I'LL RUN RUN TO YOU I'LL RUN I'LL RUN I'LL RUN RUN TO YOU I'LL RUN I'LL RUN I'LL RUN RUN TO YOU I'LL RUN I'LL RUN I'LL RUN RUN TO YOU

User Image

"Hrm..." Click.

Futaba's eyes scanned over the words that popped up on the computer screen. As she soaked in information about the 1930s, she couldn't help but think about how unfortunate it was when terrible events continued to follow one another until the whole world seemed to fall apart. Economic disasters, wars, racism...it must have been difficult for anyone who had to endure those turbulent times. Out of all of the other decades, why did Coven choose this particular decade for the theme? The girl closed her eyes then shook her head, locks of alabaster-colored hair gently swaying back and forth with the motion. After grimly exhaling through her nose, Futaba opened her eyes to look upon the screen once more, hoping to find some inspiration for how she could dress herself for the upcoming event at the host club she frequented.

As she used a delicate finger to slide the roller on the mouse to scroll down the webpage, azure hues that were once dulled were suddenly brightened. Yes...that should do it. A small smile had found its way onto her lips. Futaba had found her inspiration. In times that were so dire, people needed someone to look up to, someone to keep their hopes up. Yes, she would dress as this figure, for he stood for the same ideals as she did, and she couldn't be more pleased with her choice.

Click, click. After she shut the computer down, Futaba prepared to go out to obtain the pieces she needed for tonight's attire. She grabbed a jacket then silently made her way downstairs, her feet mere millimeters away from touching the steps as she descended. Ever since the kirin had gained her human form with her power over gravity, she had used it to tread upon the earth just as she had so long ago. Most people paid no mind to how she stood, especially since they were more preoccupied with the words that slapped them in the face every time she opened her mouth. But to the perceptive few, if they looked ever so carefully, they would see that the girl's feet weren't touching the ground at all.

"I'm going out, Wee-gai. Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone," she called out casually. "But let's be honest, you probably can't even handle that, can you?" Without giving the failure of a wizard any time to respond, the girl briskly exited the house and headed out to acquire her outfit for the evening.

"Umm...why are you wearing that? It's kind of late for Halloween, you know..." A random teenage girl walking with her posse had thrown her question and a weird glance at Futaba. She spun around in her outfit, a black cape majestically dancing behind her and settling back down onto her back as she faced the girl with a blank expression from behind a mask. "Or I could be three-hundred and thirty-three days early, excuse you. But it's not Halloween for which I'm dressed. For your information, I will be attending an event with a 1930s theme," she responded flatly. The girl and her friends exchanged glances, obviously revealing that they thought she was crazy. With a tone that came out from her nose, the girl replied, "Um, but you could have worn something else? Like...maybe a dress from that time? So why would you wear that of all things?" Futaba blinked, but her expression remained the same. "A dress? Sure, let me dance and spin around as I laugh and giggle and drink while my neighbor just jumped out his window to commit suicide because the stock market crashed. I'll have you know that the man I am dressed as is a hero who emerged in the 1930s. Rather than wearing clothes that would ignore the turmoil of those years just like you have beautifully done, I have chosen to represent a figure who I believe stood and still stands as a symbol of justice and hope for the people during times of desperation," she answered, matter-of-factly. With a curt nod and a glance at the nonexistent watch on her wrist, she added, "Oh, well look at the time. I've wasted enough of it on you, so I'll be going now."

Spinning on her heel, Futaba left the group of teenage girls who were now too stunned by her words and behavior to notice that her steps were silent as she walked away. Futaba scoffed to herself in her head. Lady Shuji was an intelligent and well-informed individual, she would have understood. But of course, not everyone could be on par with the magnificent Lady Shuji, especially that noodle at home because it's like an eighth wonder of the world how he was even related to her. As she continued to make her way through the city towards Coven, she had more than enough bizarre and puzzled stares tossed her way, but the kirin didn't care. "A silent guardian, a watchful protector." She had her reasons for dressing the way she did, and she needn't explain herself further, unless someone really insisted on knowing more.

Finally, she had arrived at the entrance of Coven. Without any hesitation, she burst the doors open and immediately walked over to the bar, where she sat down and waited for Nao, however, she found that the bartender was yet to be present. He was probably in the back, or maybe still on his way, who knew. Knowing him as a cat, he probably took his time with everything. Futaba nonchalantly turned herself around, her cape sweeping against the floor from the motion as she leaned her back against the bar counter. In the meanwhile, she would simply observe the club and its patrons from underneath her mask. Watching; that's what she did most of the time. Just watching. There was surprisingly a lot one can learn from simply looking...and watching.

Location: Coven Company: Alone Mood/Thoughts: What to look at... OOC: n/a
a a a
. . . and he would gather hbreakmy.shacklesand*setmefree

Romantic Gekko

User Image
        »-( мαяєℓℓα є вαякєя )-»

¤¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸•..>>--» ❤ ❤ «--<<..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸¸¤

чσu dídn't hαvє tσ lσσk mч wαч
          чσur єчєs stíll hαunt mє tσ thís dαч
          вut чσu díd.●• чєs, чσu díd ♥╮

User Image

The first thing Marella thought of upon waking up was the weather (it would be cool and crisp out today, with clear skies). The second thing she thought of was the very nice dream she had been having involving two other women and later a cyclopes (no the cyclopes was not involved in any sexual activities whatsoever. It was actually kind of scary...). Marella burrowed herself further into her hot pink comforter and contemplated the meaning of a cyclopes appearing at the end of her sex dream and scaring the living daylights out of her. She couldn’t come up with anything good. As time slowly trickled by, Marella knew that she had to get up. She knew she had to get ready for work, like now, because-

Oh no. It was a Theme Night! Within seconds Marella had her comforter across the bed and her feet pressed into the ground. She was only wearing a slip, so the sudden temperature change had her shivering. Marella looked down at the very old watch that lay on her bedside table and saw that she only two hours before it was five! Even on regular days she had more time to get ready than TWO MEASLY HOURS! Oh why had she had to sleep in??? This was definitely an alarming way to start her day. (Seriously though, her fortune must have switched randomly while she was sleeping, because there is NO FREAKING WAY this would be happening to her otherwise.)

Marella found herself taking the fastest shower of her life, er present life, half in a panic by the time she made it out of the bathroom. Her hair was still dripping wet, and her towel barely hung onto her frame as she stared into her closet in dismay. How in the heck was she supposed to find her outfit in that mess with so little time? Marella fought back frustrated tears and swung around only to find that she had laid out her outfit the night before. Relief filled her as she moved towards it and inspected the gown, finding no flaw in it just as she had expected. Using her towel to wrap up her hair, Marella began to get dressed as she had once done years ago.

It was a very difficult time in the 1930’s, and Marella found herself remembering it with a mix of fondness and sadness. In fact, the dress she would wearing tonight still smelled faintly of her old perfume, and brought back vivid memories of an older blonde woman with clever eyes. She had known some truly remarkable people in that era, and it was a sad thing that she couldn’t stay in contact with all of them.

Marella moved on to her hair, and found that it was much longer than it had been in 1935. She would have to pin it all up, which would take forever. Oh well, it wasn’t like she hadn’t done it before. With a little giggle, Marella set herself to her task with single minded dedication, before moving onto her makeup. She ended up finishing faster than she thought she would, much to her relief. Still, the clock was ticking. She pulled on her dress and jewelry last. Finally, she stood examining herself in the floor length mirror, pleased at the result. It really took her back…

But now was not the time to be going down memory lane. Really, never was the time for that. Marella made her way out of the room and into the kitchen, deciding that she should at least eat a quick bite before she had to interact with people. It would leave her feeling more relaxed to eat something modern anyway. Once she was finished with that, she made her way downstairs. The club still had a few minutes till it opened, so she made herself comfortable by the bar, staring idly out a window. When the first guests started to trickle in, Marella went to greet them, even if they would not be requesting her. It was the polite thing to do, good for business and gave her the perfect opportunity to scope out all the babes...

❤ «--<<..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸¸¤¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸•..>>--» ❤

████ ██ ғorтυne ☆☆☆☆☆☆{oυт oғ crυѕнeѕ . . . } oυтғιт
                          ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image
          User Image

Romantic Gekko

User Image
    User Image
    XxXxXxXxXxXxX ηαтнαηιєℓ gяєу XxXxXxXxXxXxX

± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±: . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±
    x ClothesOut of Cadavers: . . .◢ Insanity ● ● ● ● ● x
    ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±: . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ± : . : ±

User Image

Nathaniel had just spent two harrowing months in Peru, meeting up with an old acquaintance who had gone way too far into her study of the Dark Arts. Despite that, she was useful and just happened to be an expert on life forces. It wasn't everyday that one got to meet with someone of her nature and expertise, so Nathaniel went to meet her despite the risks. What should have been two months of study and experimentation turned into something out of a bad sitcom. Edwina Rogglethorp was apparently dead set on raising an army of the undead, and she needed more necromancers on her side to do it. She spent almost the entire two months trying to recruit Nate, and he in turn spent his time hiding out in closets and under beds to avoid her. The only times they could meet in any form of civility was on their agreed training days, and that was only because Edwina was smart (or was it sane?) enough to realize that she couldn't recruit an inexperienced Necromancer and Nate wouldn't come to their training sessions if she acted like a psycho.

The whole affair was exhausting, but worth it. With her guidance Nathaniel had learned a few very useful new spells, and had acquired an ancient text that dealt in information about the Astral Plane.

Still, Nathaniel was glad to be home again. Since many of his friends and acquaintances were not comfortable with technology, they often used more traditional methods to communicate with him; so one of the first things he did upon arriving home was to check his mailbox, which was full to bursting. There were several letters that he needed to respond to, some bills he had to pay (so that's why the lights were off) a couple of adds and even a notice from Coven saying that tomorrow night was one of their special theme nights. That seemed like a promising event, and he really did miss a lot of his friends there. Nate decided that he would go just as he collapsed into bed, still fully clothed. He fell asleep in an instant.

Nathaniel woke up at about four PM the next day, groggy and with a dry throat. The house was achingly silent around him, and it seemed that the slightest noises would echo throughout. It was ominous, and had Nathaniel in a fit of uncomfortable laughter that left him breathless in a bad way. Finally, he couldn’t stand it anymore so he got up and padded to the back of the house, to where his workroom was kept hidden.

He paused in the doorway for a moment, to take it all in. The room looked like a cross between a sterile hospital room and a dungeony kitchen. The sickly sweet scent of rot hung heavy in the air, both disturbing and relaxing in its familiarity. Everything had been neatly put away, so the room was unusually free of clutter. The steel countertops were pristine, the stone floor swept and free of odd stains. The adult male skeleton that hung in the corner was free of it’s usual decorations (a fedora and a purple feather boa) and all of his books had been alphabetically arranged on their shelves; The room was exactly how he had left it.

Nathaniel crossed the room to a black cupboard, which had several chains surrounding it. He unlocked them using a series of small silver keys and pulled the doors open wide. The contents of the cupboard looked to be a bunch of bones and odd things (organs) floating around in jars. Everything was neatly labeled, and the cupboard was in fact one of the few things in his work space that was kept neat on a consistent basis. There were too many important items inside. After some careful consideration, Nathaniel pulled out a small rabbits skull that had been carefully labeled “Deidre, E Washington, 37 CM 1.0 kg, Old Age”. He worked a quick spell, one that would tire him out a bit, but he would recover soon enough after he ate something.

After he finished his incantation, the entire room seemed to be holding its breath. Finally… “Good evening Sire,” a female voice came from the rabbit skull, dripping with contempt and irritation. Nathaniel smiled, and began locking the black cupboard back up again. “How can I serve you, oh gracious one?”

“Oh Deidre, how many times do I have to tell you not to call me that,?” He asked, rolling his eyes and pocketing the keys. “And seriously, with the attitude again? I thought we were past this?” He mock pouted as he locked up his work room, to which Deidre only sighed heavily as if the answer should be obvious. “Anyway, I need your help. I’m going to a little gathering tonight, the theme is the 1930’s...”

After many sarcastic comments, lots of digging around in his closet, and a quick trip to the thrift store, Nate finally looked like a 1930’s man, or so he thought anyway. Deidre didn’t seem to think so at all, and she grumbled about how he looked like a ruffian. She was probably right, on both accounts, since she had actually lived through the ‘30s and was much older and wiser than he. Still, it was best that Nathaniel could do on such short notice.

He examined himself in the mirror a last time, adjusted his suspenders, made sure that his hair would remain relatively slicked back for most of the night, before turning away and scooping Deidre into the palm of his hand. “Thanks for your help Deidre,” Nathaniel said before starting the spell that would push Deidre out of her vessel, and as she went he thought he heard her mutter something about “stupid young necromancers…” He tucked the now empty rabbit skull carefully into his pocket before leaving his home, whistling softly as he did. Hopefully nobody at Coven would even find out about the little skull (they tended to be uncomfortable around dead things for some reason), since the only reason Nathaniel would need it would be in an emergency. Who knew when you’d need to ask for help from some older and wiser dead guy? It was just a risk that Nathaniel could not take.

Nathaniel merrily made his way down to the club, which should be just about starting now. He couldn't wait to catch up with some of the people there, and knew that they would appreciate some of his more amusing anecdotes from his trip to Peru. Tonight was already shaping up to be pretty interesting, he thought just as he set foot within Coven….

User Image
    τεαсh ṃε, τεαсh ṃε høώ τhατ ώøɾќṡ
    ώhø ïṡ ïτ τhατ’ṡ ïṉṡïḋε ṃε?
    ïτ’ṡ вɾøќεṉ, τhïṡ ώøɾlḋ ïṡ вɾøќεṉ
    ÿøυ lαυģh, ώïτhøυτ X ṡεεïṉģ αṉÿτhïṉģ

User Image

Distinct Citizen

Ɍ ῑ ҡ υ しおみ陸 ʂ ɦ ῑ Ό ɱ ῑ `·» »-(¯`v´¯)
    Coven Hostess

User Image

User Image
                                            IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE COULD PUT AWAY AND THROW OUT EVERYTHING EXCEPT WHAT REALLY MATTERED,
                                            BUT
                                            "REALITY" x IS JUST CRUEL IN SUCH TIMES I SEE YOU LAUGHING WHENEVER I CLOSE MY EYES

It was generally known by the others in the living quarters that Riku was an early waker, even following shifts which ended at 1:30 AM. Unless she had gone out clubbing in the city--usually with Michael--she'd be up by 8:00 AM, starting off the day by making breakfast for herself. Some options included cereal, fluffy scrambled eggs, french toast from scratch, and waffles and maple sausages from the freezer along with a cup of tea or coffee. It didn't get much more complex than that. Riku was too lazy to learn how to cook with a full heart, especially now in this age with microwaves and frozen food at disposal. She'd burned, over buttered and over or under salted too much food in her life time making an effort to improve, so she simply left the home made cooking to co workers more talented than herself.

At 9:00 AM this morning, having already washed up and eaten her share of the latest groceries, Riku headed out the door, content to be on her own for a few hours. Sometimes a kitsune needed their time to relax and unwind, lest they turn into a tangled bundle of nerves. She went for a walk at the nearest park, visited a dojo to practice her katana wielding in peace, then stopped by a book store to browse through magazines and volumes of manga. Before she was able to make it back, a girl friend of some years called her cell phone and invited her to a movie and lunch. Riku mostly obliged the request because the film they were going to see was a dark comedy that she'd been curious about anyway. Riku returned after 2:30 PM. She went straight back to bed for almost two hours before getting back up again.

She yawned loudly, and as she pushed herself back to sit up against her bed's head board, stretched her arms above her head, and curled then uncurled her fingers. Noticing that the suite's bathroom was unoccupied, Riku suddenly jolted out of bed and didn't waste a second longer in rushing herself inside. She acknowledged that at 4:30 PM, with the club's doors opening at 5:30 PM, she was cutting it close, but she found that she worked efficiently under pressure anyway so anyone who had a problem with it would have to relax.

Riku's Tokyo gal pals had taught the kitsune plenty of new beauty tricks, which she was grateful for. As a hostess, she had to always look her best, meaning impeccable, and also never miss a beat and continuously just be on the ball. Normally, something was happening every minute, and things could change fast. Riku dreaded the mere thought of being fired over any signs of slowness or incompetence, so made sure her flaws appeared minimal. Of course, customers would still want to see a vulnerable side, wanting to be able to relate to their host or hostess. Riku fulfilled this by putting on a bit of a facade for her role. She was mostly herself, but acted much sweeter and five times more flirtatious than usual. By 5:30 PM, Riku was dressed with make up and accessories on, her hair down and heels clicking as she made her way downstairs.

"Marella-chan~," she cooed at her fellow hostess from a distance, "You look stunning, darling." Riku chuckled a bit, amused by her own attempt at an accent on the "darling." "Do good today!" She motioned toward the figure dressed as Batman sitting at the bar, thinking that Marella was closer to them and could attend to them, if they wanted to be attended to anyway. Next Riku noticed a certain adorable mermaid and turned her attention over to her, making her way near the entrance where Nathaniel was just entering the establishment as well.

"Momo-chan, you're so pretty. And Nate-san, don't you look dashing? What am I going to do with all these attractive people in one place, all at the same time?" Riku heaved a dramatic sigh, then suddenly dropped the distraught act and grinned, patting Nathaniel on his shoulder. She embraced the young man, genuinely excited that he was back from his trip.

"So, tell me about Peru, and I'll tell you about the time I saw Clark Gable in person? And maybe some other things I can remember from the 30's." For one, her son Kazuya had died near the end of the decade. Actually she didn't tend to tell people she'd even had a child. Riku figured that no one really wanted to hear about such things when they came to a host club, so refrained from making mention of Kazuya, and also didn't give many details about herself and her husband who had passed away either. If anyone was ever curious, she'd give them the basic points but then switch topics or ask the customer more about themselves instead.

She hoped tonight's theme would please the customers, or at least the majority of them. She always prayed that things went along smoothly without much mishap, but Coven could prove to be rather unpredictable. There were a lot of personalities in the space mixing together and interacting all at once. For the sake of the club Riku tried to never get riled up over anything. At Coven, the hope was that everyone could relax, have fun and leave their troubles at the door.

┇ღ L o c a t i o n → Coven
                                ┇ღ C o m p a n y → Mocha, Nathaniel
                                ┇ღ W e a r i n g1930's outfit
                                ┇ღ O O C

User Image tab User Image tab User Image

Fatcat

16,950 Points
    • Market Browser 100
    • Wall Street 200
    • Junior Trader 100
                User Image
                User Image
                tab tab tab tab tab `IF YOU GAVE ME A CHANCE,
                tab tab tab tab tab tab xxxI WOULD TAKE IT.
                tab tab tab IT'S A SHOT IN THE DARK,
                tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab BUT I'LL MAKE IT.
                tab tab KNOW WITH ALL YOUR HEART, YOU CAN'T SHAKE ME.
                tab tab tab WHEN I AM WITH YOU,
                tab tab tab tab tab tab THERE'S NO PLACE I'D RATHER BE.

Very few members of the Coven staff were early to rise. The shifts, which were about eight hours long, could be exhausting. And, more often than not, at least one of the Coven employees would go out after work. Tuuq didn’t, of course, unless an errand had to be run immediately. Otherwise, he would wait until morning. He always made sure he got plenty of sleep, though he usually forced himself up around eight or nine a.m., regardless of what his day’s schedule was.

This morning was no different than usual. He was up around eight and spent most of his day checking to see if they needed anything for tonight’s event. The very few things they had needed – such as fresh ingredients – were an easy fix. Before taking his trip to the store, he had stopped by each employee’s room, gently requesting if they would want anything while he was out. He made a neat list and kept in mind what belonged to who. Some items were snacks, while others were hygienic necessities or miscellaneous items such as lipstick or hair gel. His list had steadily grown from being strictly fresh ingredients for tonight, to all sorts of items.

Upon his return, he took care to place the specific items with the specific individuals. The more intimate, personal items were left neatly wrapped in bags. Each and every member of Coven had a right to privacy, and Tuuq made it his duty to preserve that.

Once the shopping was done, he took the time to put together an outfit. Unfortunately for him, he was at a loss for what he should dress up as. Unlike the others, he didn’t take advantage of his human form until the 21st century. As reluctant as he was to use a computer, he found that he had no other choice. He searched and searched for quite some time, noting a handful of things he could dress up as. Once he finally made his decision, he was out the door again, this time stopping at all sorts of clothing stores. He spent a good amount of time scavenging thrift stores and crafting stores. Whatever he couldn’t buy, he would make.

While the hosts and hostesses put the finishing touches on their looks, Tuuq was already downstairs. While it wasn’t his job, he couldn’t help but go through the area, tidying up decorations. When the doors opened, he took a position near the bar, observing the people as they came in. Some picked up menus, some sat and waited patiently for the host or hostess they adored. The Amarok was quick to begin to take orders, moving from guest to guest to see if they were interested in a non-alcoholic drink or meal. Very few were ready to order, but he did take the orders of those who were ready. Heading back towards the bar area, he put in the orders and moved back toward the floor. He paused, though, as he passed by the bar.

Circling to where the stools were, he moved toward someone who looked like the dark knight himself. It took him a moment to conceal his excitement, though it was almost evident that he couldn't stop himself from grinning wildly. While he wasn't up to date on most pop culture involving the hero or any of the comics, he had thoroughly enjoyed what comics he had read and what movies he had seen that featured Batman. Clearing his throat lightly, more or less trying to compose himself rather than inform her of his presence, he offered a kind smile to the woman. “Good evening, Batman,” He addressed her politely, bowing his head slightly. “Thank you for always taking such good care of everyone.” Tuuq was fully aware that this person was not really batman, but that didn’t mean he didn’t appreciate him. With the mask, though, he was having a hard time recognizing which patron this was. He was sure it was a regular, since they seemed so sure of where they wanted to be.

Due to where the woman was sitting, he was sure that she was interested in a drink. Nao was most likely in the back. Reaching up, he adjusted the goggles he had put on over his hat. There were still a little loose and threatened to fall over his eyes if he jostled them too much. He would have to fix that as soon as he possibly could. “Would you be interested in anything on the menu tonight? If you are, I can take your order.” Tuuq’s tone was not pushy. He sounded patient, curious. If she wasn't interested, he would wish her a good evening and continue his rounds. “We’ve got a few special items tonight as well,” He informed her, snagging a menu off the bar. If she was interested, he would show her. If not, he would keep it on his person to show other guests.

Newbie Noob

a a

A.LIGHTINTHEROOM□□it was you who was standing*there
    User Image

and he would gather h er◢BUTYOURHEARTDRIFTEDOFFand he would gather her leaves and he woulikethelandsplitby.sea
    and he would gather her leaves and heI tried to .go .go to follow ▷▷▷ I tried to .go .go to follow ▷▷▷

and he would to kneel DOWN at.your FEET a██a ██a ██a ██ a██ a██
    and he would to kneel DOWN at.your FEET a██a ██a ██ a██ a██ a██

I'LL RUN I'LL RUN I'LL RUN RUN TO YOU I'LL RUN I'LL RUN I'LL RUN RUN TO YOU I'LL RUN I'LL RUN I'LL RUN RUN TO YOU I'LL RUN I'LL RUN I'LL RUN RUN TO YOU

User Image

Cellphones.

If it was one thing Futaba didn't understand about humans, it was their fascination, or better put, obsession, with technology. The kirin observed two girls from afar, who sat across from each other at a table. They appeared to be waiting for their food to come, however, both of them were on their cellphones, probably texting or looking something up on the internet. Why would one be on the phone when there was another person to talk to right across from him or her? Why bother going out somewhere with someone if you weren't even going to spend time with them? Back in the days she spent with Lady Murasaki, Futaba knew that people actually talked with one another and actually made eye contact. It was true that nearly a thousand years had passed since she had fallen into her cursed sleep, but had things changed so much that people now neglected to look at one another in the eye? The thoughts that swum in the kirin's head perplexed her. Nonetheless, she wore the same thin line on her mouth, revealing nothing of her puzzlement.

“Good evening, Batman.” A man's voice shook Futaba out of her thoughts. Turning her head to see who had addressed her, she saw that it was Tuuq, the waiter, wearing a pilot outfit. “Thank you for always taking such good care of everyone,” he continued. Finally, someone who acknowledged Batman's significance, rather than throwing her an odd glance while murmuring jests to his or her friends. The fact that she was a guardian herself and did indeed watch over and protect people made Tuuq's statement even more valid. However, although he addressed her as 'Batman,' it seemed that he did so not only out of politeness, but also because he genuinely didn't know who was underneath the mask...but he was about to find out.

"If only people were able to handle themselves, then there would be no need for someone to babysit them. But of course, there will always be the weak ones who need protection," she replied without skipping a beat, thinking about a particularly helpless noodle. The kirin calmly added, "And there will always be the foolish ones who think it is acceptable to oppress the innocent." Evil was always going to exist, regardless of how many heroes stood up to fight against it. When Tuuq had asked if she wanted anything from the menu, Futaba immediately responded, "I see that at least one employee here has the decency to tend to his customers in a timely manner...Cucumber sandwiches and a strawberry milkshake." Even when new items came out on the menu or special ones came out for events, she ordered the same items every single time she had come to Coven. If neither her order nor her blunt response from earlier gave a clue to who she was, well, a certain waiter was about to lose some respect; something of which Futaba had very little to give out. But out of the four years the kirin had known the man, Tuuq had proved himself to be a competent individual who was capable of using logic and reason. Or was he? Was she wrong to have a little bit of faith in him? Either way, she was going to save her expectations for something else more predictable such as Kigai's failures lest Tuuq proved himself to be something else other than an exceptional waiter.

Hopping off the bar stool and landing on the floor with her cape briefly waving in the air before settling onto her back behind her, she looked up at Tuuq, since he was nearly a foot taller than her. Curse this human body...Even Lady Murasaki's height was better than this! And even Lady Shuji stands taller than me... But of course, Lady Shuji was the embodiment of perfection, so it was fitting that she stood at a perfect height. Height aside, she had a request for the waiter. With an impassive tone, Futaba asked, "And could you bring me to a table since I don't have to sit and wait here for that lackadaisical furball anymore?" The girl wasn't even going to order anything from the bartender in the first place. She just simply wanted to say hello. After all, he was the person she'd known the longest and kept contact with since she had awoken in this new era, not to mention he was also the one who first brought her to Coven, but seeing as he wasn't even here to receive her greeting, she decided that he could make do without it for today.

Location: Coven Company: Tuuq Mood/Thoughts: Starting to get hungry... OOC: n/a
    a a a
    . . . and he would gather hbreakmy.shacklesand*setmefree

Anxious Lover

11,500 Points
    • Marathon 300
    • Conversationalist 100
    • Pie Enabler 100
    User Image
    MAGNETIC EVERYTHING ABOUT ME
    YOU REALLY GOT ME NOW
    YOU DO IT TO ME SO WELL
    HYPNOTIC TAKING OVER ME
    MAKE ME FEEL LIKE SOMEONE ELSE

YOU GOT ME TALKING IN MY SLEEP
    I DON'T WANNA COME BACK DOWN
    I DON'T WANNA TOUCH THE GROUND
    JUST LIKE AN OCEAN DUG SO DEEP
    HYPNOTIC TAKING OVER ME

x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

Mocha Saito // coven // Satisfied/ Giddy/ a little nervous // Marella and the rest of these beautiful people

Mocha stood quietly at the entrance of Coven, finding the decorations rather lovely. He hadn't been on land for a while, or at least enough to where he took in the culture of different places. His earliest time on land was perhaps the forties, when war was taking over the world, where he only managed to sleep with men in between services. Though... things ended up getting worse for Japan in the end, so he ended up going back into the sea once the fire bombs started. After that, he stayed off of land until he was sure that Japan was a safe place again. At least from war. He was taken in by the decorations and the music, wondering if he could convince his brother to dance with him. He jumped when he heard the door open behind him, not expecting someone else to come in right after him. He smiled at Nathaniel almost tempted to start off his day with a flirty gesture before he heard someone call his name. Looking forward he saw one of his favorite cutie-pies. His face turned a slight pinkish color, "Hehe, thank you. You look even better though. The dress really suits you!" He insisted, waving off the compliment, even though it would keep him going for the rest of the night. A true flaw that he had taken in over the years. But truly, he wasn't lying, the long dress the girl was wearing was very beautiful. He almost wanted to ask where she got it. Though, looking to buy it now would be pointless. A dress like that would only be good for a themed party like this one. Unless he met someone who had a fetish for that sort of thing. Though, he may not appreciate that type of fetish in someone... unless they really thrived during that time period. Then perhaps he could understand that type of fetish. As of now, he would just admire everyone instead of wondering where they purchased their costumes.

Mocha looked at Riku and Nathaniel for a moment, a little envious of how they could talk so easily to one another. Truthfully, he had trouble just having polite conversation with someone without offering sex to them. Maybe he just needed some more... homosexual friends, like... he turned slightly, seeing Marella. Wouldn't that be perfect? Though he did dress up like a girl for the most part, he doubted that Marella would still feel the need to have that type of relationship with him. Besides... sleeping with clients was apparently frowned upon in this establishment. From what his brother told him.

He smiled at the girl, "You look so wonderful today," He stated, almost feeling insecure at all the beautiful girls he was seeing. Why were their dresses so amazing! He was starting to feel a little under dressed, perhaps he should just head home? Or he could find someone to sleep with to feel better about himself. Though, he did want to talk to this young girl. If he was correct, she was a host of some sort? He hadn't spent much time with her yet, but she seemed sweet enough. Enough to keep Mocha from having a little moment in lounge. "I think we should certainly eat some food together--there are usually some special food options today right?" He asked, usually there was some new food that he hadn't had before on these themed nights. Something that he actually really liked in Coven. That way he'd still be learning about different cultures while he stayed in the comforts of his home. That, and he wasn't exactly on land during the 30s, honestly he was curious about what they would have. "Though I should have asked whether or not you wanted to sit with someone like me?" He asked instead, hoping to gain some company so he wouldn't just sit by himself in the corner until his brother or Kiki showed up.

One thing he tended to dwell on was how lonely he could actually be when he was being a parasite on someone else. Like Kiki or his brother, which a lot of people didn't notice. After all, he was sex-crazy merman/mermaid, what type of issues could he had? Though, a psychologist might have something completely different to say. Why would someone like him enjoy something so reckless anyway? Not exactly a healthy lifestyle if someone normal was asked. He tucked a stray hair behind his ear, slightly annoyed by its intrusion in his face.

User Image

Dapper Phantom

14,175 Points
    • Invisibility 100
    • Forum Regular 100
    • Rebuilder 100

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════

S e y l a n
    User Image
    F a u s t

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════

L o c a t i o n: the bar
    C o m p a n y: n/a
    E m o t i o n: Calm, Tired

User Image

tab tab
                                Seylan was far away from his room and roommate back at coven. Late that night, he had been sitting on the roof looking to the stars when he heard a cry so far off, it had probably come somewhere from the next city over even. It was strange though, he hadn't ever heard a soul cry from so far off before. Usually when he decided to take up a residence, his aura would surround only so much around him. So surly this was a soul in peril. He had gotten up then from the roof and began to make the trek, following the cry.

It took him a couple of hours to travel to the crying soul, which ended up being within the residential area's between his city and the next, so it was closer than he'd thought, but still nonetheless surprising. He landed on the window sill of an older looking house. It had probably been there for at least a hundred years and was well preserved all things considered. He looked upon the house curiously and then reached out to the crease in the window, it was a double doored window that opened up like doors instead of sliding up and down like so many new windows.

The lock was easy to manipulate and slide open. The buzzing of a soul, crying for release kept him focused. He stepped off the sill and landed in the room, his cloak swaying with his movements as he quietly stepped over and stood at the foot of a bed. The creature in the bed, unmoving. And older woman. Seylan knew that she had passed away, and it was her soul that was calling out to him.

Multi-colored eyes took in the form, of which he liked to think was a woman who lived a long life. At least the wrinkles and calm demeanor in which she lay seemed to give that away. For Seylan time didn't mean much.

He held out his hand, and smoke started to appear and slide up into the air around him, forming a handle and then jutting out, clearing away to reveal the sheen of a blade, his scythe.

"All things pass with time, now I lay thee to rest." Was what he murmured before commencing to collect her soul.

Seylan had rushed to return home after such a long trip. He was only more tired now though, because of the energy he expended getting to the soul last night. What really took him a long time though, was changing out of his reaping outfit, the same he'd worn for hundreds of years now, and into some more casual clothes for the era the humans lived in now.

Since coven was hosting a theme night, he had to find some proper clothes to fit in, so he had to go out and buy them. He wore a plain black, zip up jacket with a hood, to which he neatly tucked his hair into, to hide it and it's multi-colors, as well as put in what the humans called 'contact lenses' to hide his one mis-colored eye. Seylan would never be the first to admit it, but he was a slightly vain shinigami, and found his traits to be quite unrefined. He had tried to dye his hair many times, but only made a mess of things, not to mention the human hair dye would not take to his hair and simply washed off.

Walking around and shopping for the perfect outfit to wear tonight took him more time than he'd thought, as he tried to find something proper with a hat, to help hide his hair. He finally decided upon an outfit that he hoped would work well for the 1930's theme going on tonight.

His rush back to coven so he could change and then get to his post was easily made. Once he was all set and his hair was braided tightly to hopefully help hide the colors and keep his hair from getting into anyones drink, he headed down to the bar. He kept his head low and hoped no one would comment on his tardiness, he was usually quite prompt. His eyes would show how tired he was and he hoped to make it through the night and maybe get some rest for once.

Sliding into his position behind the bar, he slid off the vintage jacket he'd bought, revealing a slim checkered vest underneath it, rolled up his sleeves and picked up a clean rag before he started to wipe down glasses and set them up, ready to be filled with ordered drinks.

User Image
    User Image

Romantic Gekko

User Image
          »-( мαяєℓℓα є вαякєя )-»

¤¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸•..>>--» ❤ ❤ «--<<..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸¸¤

чσu dídn't hαvє tσ lσσk mч wαч
            чσur єчєs stíll hαunt mє tσ thís dαч
            вut чσu díd.●• чєs, чσu díd ♥╮

User Image

Marella chatted with a few people here and there, but either nobody was ready to request a Hostess just yet, or they were waiting for somebody specific who was not yet available. Nobody really stood out to her, except one: Batman. Something about this particular Dark Knight seemed familiar to her somehow, but she couldn’t quite put her finger on it. Before she could attempt to think further on the matter, she was distracted by Riku-Senpai. Her sister-like friend looked absolutely stunning in her 30’s gown, and Marella just couldn’t help but tell her so. "Oh my~! Riku you look so beautiful tonight!" She gushed, with typical Marella-shaped enthusiasm. “You’re going to kill tonight,” she added, studying Riku’s figure with a practiced eye. Oh yes, a great deal of people would be requesting her tonight, or so Marella thought, feeling the kind of pride one might feel for a close friend or a sister.

As Riku moved on, Marella found her attention once again on the Batman figure, who had been recently joined by Tuuq. Both looked suitably dashing, and Marella marveled at their creativeness in choosing their costumes for the night. It was an odd thing that clothing from the 30’s was now considered a costume, so Marella noted distantly, with a small mix of sadness and fear. But this wasn’t the time to be feeling or thinking such things, so Marella shoved the thought deep down, to be readdressed later… “You two look marvelous,” she complimented, eyeing each of them up as she had with Riku earlier. She wondered where they had gotten their clothes from.

Before she could make more conversation (and hopefully get a customer out of batman, who upon further listening in seemed to be Futaba), Marella was approached by Mocha. They looked lovely in their theme dress, and Marella found herself scanning Mocha as she had everyone else that she had talked to that night. She couldn’t help but admire the effort seemed to making for this night! It was really great to see everyone’s enthusiasm showing. “You look lovely yourself,” she gushed, clasping her hands together in all of her enthusiasm.

Mocha had always been an interesting patron of Coven’s, and she always wanted the chance to talk to them! (seriously, all that killer fashion~!) She took a step closer, keeping her expression carefully polite and inviting; it didn’t do to scare customers away with overwhelming enthusiasm. It was best to let them adjust to her, it seemed. “Oh yes,” she continued, polite smile turning into a grin, “There’s all kinds of special items on the menu tonight! My favorite is the ginger bread with the whipped cream. I think there’s a menu around here somewhere though, and you can see what you like though.” She chattered along easily, keeping a careful eye on Mocha. She was slipping into her ‘Hostess Mode’, which meant that she was very attuned to whoever she was attending. As a hostess, Marella always tried to stay aware of how her customers were feeling, so that she could be the best Hostess possible to them! She just wanted everyone who came into Coven to have a good time!

“Is there anywhere in particular that you would like to sit,” She asked them, tilting her head to the side to convey her curiosity. Sometimes people had preferences, and others didn’t. Since Mocha wasn’t one of her regulars, she was unsure of their preferences. It was always best to check, in any case!

❤ «--<<..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸¸¤¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸•..>>--» ❤

████ ██ ғorтυne ☆☆☆☆☆☆{oυт oғ crυѕнeѕ whew! this took longer than expected, but here it is~!} oυтғιт
                            ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image
            User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
      Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out