Masquerade Party 0.375 37.5% [ 3 ]
Monster Smash 0.25 25.0% [ 2 ]
Something about the Fey 0.375 37.5% [ 3 ]
Other (PM me!) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 143 144 145 > >> >>> »|

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

Just like a shark I will tear you apart...
you wont even know what you did...

User Image

█████████████████████████xx𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕃𝕠𝕦𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕖xx█████████████████████████

"Thank you. I would very much like a cup of tea. If you do not have tea, I will have a soda. I do not drink alcohol often."
There was a crispness to the way he handled his word, making each one seem distinct and deliberate, with that faintest of touch in his vowel sounds that made his voice sound like money. A small smile flickered in the corners of the white haired womans lips, just the barest shadow of a grin.
She might've been born to the low-class, but she knew those posh mannerisms like the back of her hand.
"Would you prefer hot tea or cold, sir?" she replied smoothly, "We have sun brewed sweet tea, with a hint of lemon, for cold or a bracing herbal tea if you prefer hot."

The woman was...rather what you expected of a backwoods bartender, for all that her snow white hair and her golden eyes could be striking. She was certainly not elegant looking, in faded blue jeans that hugged well curved hips, and ended in tattered hems above her bare feet. Her shirt was a plain black tank top, that revealed shoulders and arms that spoke of compact muscle, which you rarely saw in high society ladies. Her hair was braided smartly and simply, in a style meant to keep it out of her face more than look pretty; she wore no jewelry, no make up, but there was something smooth and easy in the cadence of her polite reply that seemed to echo the level of society she suspected Maxwell of belonging to.
It was not something she did on purpous - Kai's main talent lie in her adaptability. When surrounded by the rough and tumble crowd she was accustomed to, she spoke in their words, with their voice, and wore their bruises on her knuckles, their dirt on her hands. However, the ease with which she switched to something a little more cultured implied that, even if it was not her natural inclination to do so, she at least had had enough exposure to Society to be able to function politely with clients from a higher income bracket.
She considered it good business, if nothing else.

"..Allow me to introduce myself. My name Is Maxwell."
Kai took the hand that was offered to her, her hand shake firm but polite as her fingers wrapped around his own.
"Kai Louvelle." she said, echoing his introduction. "I'm glad you find her," she added, gesturing to the bar around them as if it were a person instead of a building. "to your liking."

The wolf-woman glanced up as Michi bounched forward with yet another new patron, half leading and half dragging him forward to be introduced to the world at large. Gold eyes flickered with amusement as the woman prattled on in a patently adorable kind of way, seemingly caught between excitement at the arrival of what was apparently a familiar face and her anxiety and annoyance at the thought of some imagined slight.
"Michi." Kai said patiently, trying to interrupt the seemingly endless flow of excited chatter. "Michi...Michi!" When she finally had the girls expression, a wave of her hand hoped to settle the girls excitability down with an amused and long suffering expression. "I dont think your friend is trying to undermine your job hunt."
A grin flickered wider around the corners of her lips and she had to fight to subdue it.
"I dont think we've met - if we have, I've clean forgotten since then. Takashi," she added, glancing at the little kittens friend and apparent captive, still looking bemused. "Can I get you anything to drink?"

The bell attached above the door chimed to announce yet another new arrival, and Kai glanced up obediently in that direction, waving the young woman forward and to the small crowd grouped at the bar.
"Welcome to the Alibi." she called out from behind the counter. "Can I get you anything love?"

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...and I'll try to spare you the pain of my jaws
...but it's just in my nature to rip and to shred

((OOC: My apologize, replies will be a bit slow for a few hours, my roomate is hosting a religious ceremony / dinner party and im playing cohost, so im a bit distracted. ^^;; I should be in and out, and i'll try not to keep anyone waiting too long.
Also! Welcome all newcomers~
= D ))

Quotable Genius

User Image

User Image

Location: Bar xxxxxxxxx Company: Everyone xxxxxxxxx Feeling: Weak, Amused

Hideki had rested his head on the counter of the marred bar for a single moment, or so he was sure, and the whole scene changed before his eyes. Furniture had been moved out of the way and Kai and Michi were about to have at it. Really, he wanted to get out of the way. He was in no condition to take any hits, accidental or in a blinded rage. (He had no idea how these two worked, specifically, so it was best not to take any chances.) He was about to stand and move out of their way when a man walked in on the scene, pale and slender and with a grace about him that Hideki refused to take for granted. He nodded towards the man in greeting.

He remembered Kai’s question as they seemed to disengage in their battle stances to attend to the customer, shortly followed by another man and soon a woman. All of his ice seemed to have melted, so now he had water downed whiskey. He looked into his glass with a slight drunken disapproval, but he brought it to his lips and consumed the contents anyway. He hadn’t been entirely out of it when Kai had asked her question. He felt a bit bad that he didn’t respond right away and might have misrepresented himself with the offer of helping.

“I’m not exactly a healer. I do have healing properties about me.” He finally answered, albeit that the answer was implied and not said outright. “However, seeing as I’ve been poisoned tonight, I don’t think those means of helping a person would be the best fit. I know a little bit about Chinese medicine and taking care of the injured is what I meant to say. On any other occasion, with you and her consenting, I would help by my other means.” He smiled towards Kai, watching as she tended to the other customers. He was content where he was, trying to figure each new person out by observation. It was all he had, as he was not gifted with the supernatural ability to sense what another being was. He had only learned over the years the certain patterns that came with different races, but it was all an assumption, typically. He had been wrong before, such as tonight.

As a woman entered, his eyes turned to her and greeted her. She seemed to have an heir about her that seemed a bit lost. Of course he always made the mistake of falling for such an obvious trap! How often he had been duped. Well, not this time, he swore to himself drunkenly. Not being able to help the spike in his hunger, he had looked away only to look back at the woman. She was rather tasty looking as well. His golden gaze held the oddest change as orange flecked the gold in his iris, scattered about like glitter.

(( Ugh, I had to fall asleep. ;__; Hello, new people! Nice to eat you. ))
Heidi looked up at the bar, the person behind asking her if she would like something. "Red wine?" She asked, walking towards the group that was around the bar, sitting herself down. Her eyes scanned the group once again, before resting on a man looking at her. Heidi studied him for a moment, trying to figure out the look he was giving her. Was it hunger? She shrugged, maybe he would approach her, so she would know soon enough. Turning her head back towards the other behind the bar, and smiled, a nice, pretty smile. "Please." She said sweetly, her hands resting on the bar, her fingers tracing the wood patterns. How had she ended up here again? She wondered, her head began to spin at all the possible reasons. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath, remembering the main one. Find a job Heidi thought; she had forgotten how much money she had, and sadly had spent most of it last year on her hunting trips.

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Maxwell Brooks

User Image
"A hot herbal tea sounds very good. Thank you." He could sense other's enter the establishment as well, wondering in the back of his mind if someone had been following him. He doubted since no one attempted to really speak to him except the pretty neko, and the one who seemed to be the owner. Maxwell smiled as she shook his hand, holding her hand very gently whether it was called for or not. Maxwell was a gentleman, and believed women should be treated with respect. He bowed his head when she gave her name. "It is truly a pleasure Miss Louvelle. And I do find your establishment to my liking. It is unusual, but very nice."

The crimson eyed male turned his head to give his fellow patron a nod. He turned back to the bar, not wanting to intrude when he heard the man talking about how he wasn't a healer. His eyes widened a bit when he heard the man was poisoned. Maxwell turned his stool so he could face the man. "I certainly do not mean to interrupt your conversation sir. And it is not my business, but if you are hurt or poisoned I can heal the supernatural." Healing was one of a few gifts that Maxwell had. He couldn't heal himself, or anyone that wasn't supernatural but those who were supernatural he could heal quickly. "You may tell me to mind my own business. I dislike seeing people in distress, especially if I can be of assistance."

Maxwell was sort of a rare race that came with several gifts. Only one was truly capable of helping people directly. He would use his offensive gifts to protect the people he cared for or even someone he believed to be innocent, but they were useless when it came to the injured.

abayoboke's Compadre

Nine-tailed Noob

9,600 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

x x x ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Michi ▬▬▬▬▬
                                        x x x x xx F E I S T Y M I D G E T

x x x x ██ ×x Scratch Behind My Ears
          x x x x x x x _ Call me a good kitty _ Don't piss me off _ And we're square!
          x x x ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

x x xLocation: Bar
              x x x Company: All new people yaaay!
              x x x Mood: Sad and confused
              x x x Occ: Tis ok, and goodmorning! haha

Michi kept going on until she heard Ms. Kai yell her name. Blinking she looked over at the lycan and then rubbed the back of her neck blushing from embarrassment. Bowing she said sweetly,"I'm sorry," looking back over at Takashi she punched him softly in the shoulder and continue,"not knowing what he's been doing lately gets me nervous." She listened as Takashi began to speak. Looking up at him, when he called her a handful she puffed out her cheeks in anger. "Hmph!" Looking away from him and crossing her arms she replied,"I am not a handful! Ms. Kai and Mr. Hideki have been fine all night!"

When he brought his attention back to her she looked back up at him and angrily said,"no! You still didn't answer where you've been. Just up and leaving one night and sneaking back in in the morning like I don't notice. Well if you haven't noticed sir I am a cat.." She pointed to her ears to make a point. She then looked down sadly, thinking to herself. Worrying about Takashi was not only a concern but the fact they haven't spent much time together lately and just ending up accidentally meeting here was odd for her.

Quotable Genius

User Image

User Image

Location: Bar xxxxxxxxx Company: Everyone xxxxxxxxx Feeling: Weak, Hungry and Wary

His predatory gaze went back to the man who entered who seemed well mannered. Hideki had always found it odd when people arrived at a bar only to order a non-alcoholic beverage. The sudden offer of healing filled him with curiosity, and he was curious about how the man would go about such a thing. He looked to Kai and then back to Maxwell. “I’m reluctant to accept your offer, but seeing as I’m in incredible pain and have been for some time, I’ll accept your offer.” The burning in his skin had only ceased slightly as his blood battled the intrusion of the poison that had been introduced to his system. He found it to his amusement that the man offered help without knowing the circumstances, but all the same, he was intrigued and somewhat desperate.

He couldn’t help but feel ashamed for accepting the offer. Chances are it didn’t put him in a flattering light in the eyes of the owner or anyone else around, and now he would surely miss out on an opportunity to impress. (Although in his current state, he probably wasn’t going to impress anyone.) “By what means do you heal?” He asked, unsteadily lifting himself to his feet and reaching for his wallet that was still on the bar, putting it away along with his credit card into his back pocket. “I’ve never been healed by an outsider before. I will eventually heal in time;, but my body has never faced something this catastrophic before. My body tends to react strangely to outside forces.” He as hinting that they should go to another room to both avoid his shame and showing any undesired or unexpected effects.

Feeling the need to introduce himself, he extended his hand towards Maxwell. “I’m Hideki Hiruma,” He said casually, trying his best to keep his composure, as he had all evening. “I overheard your name, Maxwell. It’s good to meet you.”

One Truth Prevails2184

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Maxwell Brooks

User Image
    Maxwell nodded, not understanding the man's reluctance. Perhaps it was that the man had a great sense of pride. He himself had pride, and could be very stubborn but not when it came to his physical health. "Magic." Maxwell laughed slightly, shrugging his shoulders a bit. "I honestly could not tell you. I do not often tell people my race because people ask to many questions about it, and I do not want to seem arrogant or impolite. Not that one has anything to do with the other."

Maxwell stood up when his fellow patron stood up. He wouldn't try to help the man stand, or walk since Hideki seemed to be the independent, self-sufficient type. "I assure you, I mean you no harm. Even if you heal, you do not seem to heal very quickly and it would be better if you leave it to me so you are not in pain as long." He took Hideki's hand with a firm grip, nodding as he said he overheard Maxwell's name. "It is good to meet you Hideki. I was not aware that you all have a custom of giving your last name as well. My apologies. My last name is Brooks. I will follow you." He moved his hand back to his side, stepping back a bit. Maxwell balled his left hand into a fist before placing his hands behind his back, his right over his left to cover the violent white glow. He didn't want to scare Hideki.

Quotable Genius

User Image

User Image

Location: Bar xxxxxxxxx Company: Maxwell xxxxxxxxx Feeling: Weak, Hungry and Wary

Hide nodded towards the man when he said he’d follow him. He followed Kai’s previous instructions as he headed to the room he had rented for the night. He spoke to Maxwell as they towards the back, “It’s a habit to give my full name, it has been for a long time.” Really, it felt odd to introduce himself what was considered backwards in his country. For the longest time he would give his last name first, but he had grown into Western customs and began issuing it last, but the habit of giving his full name had never ceased.

“The thing is I normally heal very quickly. Toxins are somewhat tricky and generally take an hour or more depending on dosage, but I do believe this poison was meant to kill me.” In fact, he knew it was. The defense he had experienced from the young woman was not something he could expect by looking at her. It reminded him faintly of a naga’s poison, but even that his body knew what to do with. This seemed otherworldly. “I’m sure if I was mortal I would be dead by now.” As they arrived at the room, he pulled the key from his breast pocket and unlocked the door, opening the room. He had gotten the standard, simply because he figured he could not make it back home. He stepped inside and waited for the other man to follow, and once he would enter, he would shut the door behind him.

One Truth Prevails2184

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

User Image

Gold eyes blinked owlishly at Hideki for a moment, seeming wide in her face and overtly bright when compared to the few strands of white hair framing them.
    "You got poisoned." she repeated. "...and here i just thought you were drunk..."
    The little wolf sighed as she took the various orders from the room, pulling down glasses as she saw were needed, doing her best to multitask and keep up with the sudden rush. "Why didnt you say anything?" she demanded with a faint note of exasperation.
    She'd never understand that quirk of manly pride that insisted they sit in silence when in pain, and endure it without asking for help even when it was in easy reach. She'd seen the behavior pattern far too many times to try and fight it anymore, but she still could not quite understand why you wouldnt mention something like that.
    She shook her head again, equal parts exasperated and bemused, as she took Hideki's old glass of whiskey, the ice having long since melted and been drank, replacing it with a fresh tumbler of ice and pouring some of his jack daniels into the glass for him to sip on as he pleased.

"Herbal tea coming up for you, Sir." she said to Maxwell, glancing in his direction with a little nod of acknowledgement as she ducked into the kitchen to set the kettle on, and get a cup of coffee going. "First cup on the house, if you manage to un-poison my friend here." she added with a faint grin.
    Back in the kitchen, she pulled a cast iron kettle down from a little hook it hung on near the stove and filled it with fresh well water. It took only moments to get the stove warmed up and to set the kettle in its place. A moment later, she had a coffee maker bubbling its way to life nearby, and she set out two different cups to recieve their beverages once they were done brewing.
    With this accomplished, she pushed the swinging kitchen door open with her hip and was already reaching for the next orders glass as she stepped back behind the bar, combing a lock of hair out of her face with her fingers.
    "Coffee will be right up, darlin" she called to Takashi as she passed him, having to stand up on tiptoe to reach the wine glasses that hung prettily from their stems above the bar. It took her a moment, but she was finally able to fish one down from its proper place, and she set it on the counter with a delicate clink in front of Heidi.
    "And a red wine for you," the white-haired woman said with a small, only slightly frazzled smile. A bottle was produced from under the counter, and it took the work of a moment with a corkscrew to uncork the bottle, pouring the girls glass with a single, well practiced gesture that managed not to spill a single drop. "Is there anything else I can get you, dear?"

Off to the side she heard Takashi utter the words "...just promise not to get mad okay?", and she had to bite back a grin.
    "You know that has never once in the history of men trying to explain themselves to women ever actually worked, right?" she asked over her shoulder, bemused. "Its always followed by bad news, like..."
    "I'm a street racer,"
    Kai gave a sigh, and shook her head in sad amusement.
    "Damn. Thats not nearly as bad as I thought it was gonna be. I was betting he was gonna say 'ive been seeing this chick' or something." she added to Heidi, giving the girl a friendly, conspiratorial wink.

Heidi watched the two men leave, wondering about both of them. What they were, were they gifted. Obviously the man named Maxwell was if he could heal others. She now looked at the couple, a small smile playing on her lips as she turned her attention back to the bar. Cute. Heidi thought, the couple seemed fit for each other. Her attention now was caught as she looked around, studying the place. It was a nice place, and the there weren't any creeps. Heidi smiled once again, if they would allow her, she might actually like working here. Hearing someone speak, Heidi turned back around to a glass of wine. "Oh, thank you." She said sweetly, shooting the bartender another smile. "If I may ask, this establishment is new, no? So, you must be hiring?"

((Edit))

Dangerous Lunatic

6,500 Points
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Tycoon 200
    • Money Never Sleeps 200
    Maxwell Brooks

User Image
    His crimson orbs flicked over to Kai as she mentioned his tea, adding that it would be on the house if she could heal him. He gave a confident nod, turning his attention back to Hideki. These people seemed very friendly, something he didn't encounter very often. If he could make friends here, he would stick around. "As long as someone is not pointing at me, and saying hey you. I can not stand being called you, or guy." He frowned at the very thought of it.

The pale skinned man listened as Hideki explained that he healed pretty fast. It shocked him when he said someone was trying to kill him, making Maxwell completely ignore the part about toxins which hew knew to be true. "I know what it means to have people wanting you dead." He wouldn't go into it, but he had several scars on his body from assassination attempts. Maxwell followed closely behind in case Hideki couldn't fell. He walked into the room, holding his hand up when the door was close. His entire hand had glowed a fierce bright white that seemed to illuminate the entire room. "This will be severely uncomfortable, and very hot. It will not burn your skin, but it will burn slightly." He moved over towards the bed. "It would be best if you laid down. You may sit, but it will make it easier on you if you lay down."

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

User Image

Kai let her attention be drawn away from the Kitten and her beau, back towards Heidi.
    There was something oddly...delicate, about the woman, and somewhat timid, though Kai couldnt quite place it. She seemed like a sweet girl, though, and Kai answered her question with open honesty as she cleared away empty glasses, letting the ice clatter into the sink to slowly melt their way down the drain, the glasses rinsed and set to the side to be washed later when she had a moment to do so.
    "Aye, we've not been open too long." she agreed. "Most of our positions are still open, I've been holding down the fort so to speak on my own. Michi here," she added, with a head nod in the direction of the cat-girl standing nearby with her beau, no doubt intent upon the dangers of playing 'the fast and the furious' at here on unsupervised dirt roads. "she's ah...auditioning to be my bouncer, but everything else is still open. What are you good at?"

One slim eyebrow arched expectantly at Heidi for a moment before a shrill sound from the kitchen caught her attention, and the woman swore absently.
    "Hell, that'll be the kettle." she muttered to herself. "Just a mo'." she added apologetically, ducking into the kitchen to silence the shrieking whistle of the tea kettle.
    Hideki and Maxwell had both disappeared from the front room to tend to Hideki's apparent case of poisoning, so Kai let the kettle sit on the burner for the time being, the heat set lower so the water would stay warm for when he returned.
    Just as she had managed to silence the kettle, the coffee machine began to make angry, impatient sounds.
    Kai frowned at it, and tried poking several buttons to absolutely no avail. After a moments careful consideration as to what the possible cause of all the noise could be, and how best she could silence it, she finally decided on her most favorite tried and true method - she smacked the ever loving s**t out of it.
    The coffee maker gave one last, pitiful beep of protest before it lapsed into sulken silence, and she was able to take the coffee pot from its perch.
    She poured the coffee into the waiting mug and, not knowing how Takashi took his coffee, she brought it out to him black, with a handfull of little creamers and sugars to accompany it if he liked.
    "Here you go, mate." she said as she set the mug down in front of him, leaving the cream and sugar in a small jumbled pile nearby. "Just holler if you need anything else." She added before turning back to Heidi.

"Sorry, love. Like I said - we're a bit short staffed." she said ruefully. "Now. What job was it you were lookin' for?"

Quotable Genius

User Image

User Image

Location: Room 3 xxxxxxxxx Company: Maxwell xxxxxxxxx Feeling: Weak, Hungry and Dizzy

As Maxwell entered the room and explained the situation to him, revealing his violently glowing hand, Hideki couldn’t hide that he was still wary of him. In the worst case scenario, he would have a gaping hole in the middle of his chest, unless this man’s magic could vaporize him, in which case he would probably feel very little. Of course he was trusting a stranger to heal him, so when he was warned of the effects of the healing, he smiling slightly. “I’m familiar with burning sensations.” He murmured, obliging the man and moving to the bed after a moment to go over the potential of great harm if this man was secretly a sadist. He knew all too well about how people changed behind closed doors…

As he sat on the bed, he laid down and found himself staring up at the ceiling, although his eyes instinctively closed after a minute. Normally gravity affected him very little even when he was intoxicated in one form or another, but he felt like he was made of stone and being pulled towards the earth’s core. He gripped the bed, the dizzying sensation returning as soon as he closed his eyes. “When you’re ready then,” He said, bracing himself for any possibility he could imagine, including the pain mentioned. An issue of repayment would have to be discussed if things went well.

One Truth Prevails2184

Kallistiae

(( Haha, Kai smacking the coffee pot. XD Hey, hey, is it possible we can have an OOC thread after awhile? I feel like we could plot openly there instead of OOC bubbles that might be missed. ))

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff