Other (PM me!) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 143 144 145 > >> >>> »|

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

| NOW OPEN |

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

Just like a shark I will tear you apart...
you wont even know what you did...

User Image

█████████████████████████xx𝕂𝕒𝕚 𝕃𝕠𝕦𝕧𝕖𝕝𝕝𝕖xx█████████████████████████

It was not much of a bar - even Kai would have been forced to admit that - but despite the ugliness of the stone, the exposed brick, the cold floors stripped down to the scratched and scarred wood of the subfloor, she still stood in the center of it all with her hands fisted on her hips in unmistakable pride.
It wasnt much, but it was hers.
It had been rather a long time since something had been right and properly hers. She was surprised at how nice it felt, to have a place to put her feet down and call 'home'.
Each gouge in the counter top, each crack in the exposed brick of the back wall, each long scrape and discolored stain sunk into the clean floorboards, shining with oil from their polishing - each was viewed with a distinct air of satisfaction, and no small amount of fondness.
Home.

The woman that stood in the center of the bar was not particularly striking, but she was quite clearly the owner. If not due to the fact that she was currently the only one in sight, then because of the set of her shoulders and her habit of letting her fingers brush over every surface she walked past with proprietary pride.
She was a relatively small woman, standing at five-foot-nothing if you're being generous. Her body was athletic for the most part, compact but still showing the signs of muscle in her arms where they were bared by her tank top. A steady diet of red-meat and junk food had added soft flesh to her hips, and belly, but far from making her unattractive it only added curves that she had needed to look more like a woman and less like a rectangle.
Her features were almost childlike, eyes a little large in her face, her nose ending in a little button, her lips always quirked in one corner as if she was constantly on the verge of grinning. Her hair was stark white, and pulled into a loose braid that was slung messily over one shoulder.
The only thing about her that did not seem young and - to be honest - relatively harmless, was her eyes.
They were a bright gold color, narrowed and sharp as steel. When she turned towards the fireplace, the light reflected off her pupils and for a moment her eyes gleamed with the mirrored surface of a predator.
They were not human eyes.

Still, she hardly seemed intimidating as she tried to brush the dirt out of her jeans, before padding barefoot over to the front window and placing a large, red and white 'help wanted' sign on the sill where all could see.
"Gods please send me a cook." she grumbled to herself, her stomach gurgling its agreement with this sentiment as she headed back towards the bar.

The Alibi, tavern and inn, was now officially open.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...and I'll try to spare you the pain of my jaws
...but it's just in my nature to rip and to shred

Quotable Genius

User Image

User Image

Wretched poison! Some wicked thing had sunk their fangs into him and poisoned him! The potent toxin had spread through him faster than he could think. Nothing he had ever known had produced this effect on him before. His vision was blurred and his heart was beating erratically. Hideki stumbled and gasped for air, his body and blood fighting off the venom within him. His skin was heated hotter than he had ever known it to be. Imagine that! He was a demon with a fever. Soon the sickness came, and right outside of the bar he had intended to come to, he expelled the contents of his stomach and collapsed, half breathless and full of perspiration. The worst of it was over, but he felt terrible. He looked up at the building he had collapsed against, his golden gaze fixated upon the dilapidated looking exterior.

Well, the inside probably wasn’t much better. He had heard mention of this bar opening with little idea of why it was so under advertised; now he knew. Hideki stood, dusting the pants of his grey suit off. He walked to the front of the building with what strength he had left and opened the door, barely managing to close it and stumble dramatically towards and into a bar seat. Ah, to the outside eye he would look nothing but a mere drunken man who had drank too much previously and had possibly been thrown out of another venue after getting sick and making a scene, thus deciding to come to his new location.

What better to fix a bit of wooziness than with alcohol? “I’ll have anything,” Hideki said pained and breathless, barely managing to keep his golden eyes open long enough to look at the woman before him. His hand found his mouth, and for a moment the man with the soft and slight Japanese accent looked as if he would be sick again. He extended his arm and raised his index finger to make a point. “Actually, I take that back. I will have a glass of water plain and a glass of whiskey on the rocks.” The same hand joined his other, and he loosened his black tie that held a smoothly polished blood red garnet tie pin that caught the light as he adjusted his tie.

Kallistiae
                              (( Good day, good day, good day! I love this place already and I hope it takes off. I’ll probably be editing my post format later regarding location, company, mood etc., but for now I have to collapse into bed. I feel like I’m gonna die. x_x ))

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

User Image

Kai had vanished into the kitchen after hanging her 'Help Wanted' sign in the window, for the woods and the dirt road to appreciate.
Now, her head poked out around the swinging doors that divided the rest of the building from the kitchen in the back as she heard the soft chime of the bell ringing, propelled into grudging motion by the opening of the front door.
Her gold eyes appraised her new customer - her first customer - with an unreadable expression as she tried to gauge just how drunk he was already, and the correlating likelihood to him vomiting all over her fresh, cleanly polished and gleaming hardwood floors.
Not to mention how he'd managed to stumble all the way here from whatever other bar had kicked him out - they werent exactly far from the city, it was a straight shot maybe 10 minutes away once the dirt road conceded back onto the highway, but that was still a helluvah way to stumble.

The woman pushed the swinging doors open with her hip, wiping her hands on a rag that she threw absently over one shoulder as she took up her position behind the bar while the man chose his seat.
"I'll have anything."
Her lips twitched as they fought a grin at his order, prepared to inform him just how dangerous of a thing that was to request in the presence of someone like her - who was just as liable to serve him a shot of Hellfire Hot Sauce as she was liquor. Luckily, the man seemed to at least be sober enough to amend his order after a moment, and she was spared having to make the difficult decision of 'should I be kind, or have fun'. Spoiler alert - she almost never chose 'kind'.
Wolven eyes flickered up and down the mans person for a moment. taking in his appearance in all its disheveled glory up close, her eyes catching the shine of the tie pin and missing nothing from the set of his hair, to the details of his suit.
It wasnt quite clear if she was checking for the tell-tale lines of weapons under the linen, judging the quality of his clothes, or still making internal bets about the likelyhood of his vomiting any time in the near future.
Her lips twitched again as she fought back her usual impish grin and turned to pull down glasses from their place in the cupboard behind her.
"Water and a Whiskey," she repeated cheerfully. "Coming right up, darlin'."

The sound of rattling ice followed the movements of her hands as she drug both glasses simultaneously through the ice bin, filling them up with a quick scoop and setting them on the counter. One was filled with water from the sink - well water, of course, bottled costs extra - and the other sat waiting as she pulled a bottle of Jack Daniels down from the shelf.
"Though I must say," the woman continued, still sounding faintly amused as she worked. "You look 's'though you're needing a bit more water than whiskey, tell the truth."
Practiced fingers twisted the top off the bottle and poured an ample measure into the waiting tumbler.
She gently slid both glasses down the bar to sit in front of their new master as she closed the bottle of Jack back up and set it on the counter behind her, for refills.
"Anything else, mate?"

Erasmos

Welcome~!
=D
Im glad you like it, im hoping I can keep her running. Dont worry too much about formatting, Im certainly not too fussed with it either way. :3

Quotable Genius

User Image

User Image

Location: Bar xxxxxxxxx Company: Kai xxxxxxxxx Mood: Surprised and Ill

His wits were hardly about him to get a good look at the woman who had served him right now. No doubt that he was a sight to see. While he normally would have been happy to take in her features, thoughts as such couldn’t cross his mind. He felt around for the glass of water once it had been served. He gripped the glass and brought himself to his feet. “That’s it for now. Excuse me for a moment,” Hideki said, opening his eyes and glancing towards the woman.

He could feel his suit begin to stick to him as he walked around the bar towards the bathrooms. He disappeared and closed the door behind himself, starting to run the water and rinsing his face as. Looking in the mirror, he noticed how awful he really looked. Splashing more water on his face, he grabbed several paper towels and dried it, some of his black hair sticking to his face from the moisture. He rinsed his mouth before heading back out of the bathroom with the empty glass as he stumbled his way back to his seat.

In this town, he had not expected to meet someone that would bite back, and even in that case he didn’t expect to get poisoned. Feeling uneasy still he forced his eyes to stay open as he looked to the whiskey before him, taking the glass and downing the contents rapidly. When he set it back down he looked up to Kai with an awkward grin. “There’s some rude people in this town, I’ll tell you that much. Is it possible I might be able to stay the night? I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it home tonight. It’s been one hell of a day.” He frowned slightly as he remembered the black haired woman that had poisoned him. She was sassy and had fended him off well with her bite after he had tried to pull her in close while she was drunk and seemingly interested in him. Just as he bit her, he got more than he ever bargained for.

Kallistiae
                              (( Phew, I feel better. ))

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

User Image

Kai was not even remotely surprised when the man excused himself to the bathroom, and other than a momentary flash of appreciation that he had gone there - presumably to get sick - instead of vomiting on her nice clean floor, she seemed completely nonplussed by his rapid departure from the counter.
A small shake of her head, peppered by a faint grin, was her only reaction as she idly wiped down a bar counter that was well scarred and pockmarked with scrapes and gouges but otherwise already shiny with wood polish.
Sharp ears were met with the sound of water running, rather than the somewhat disturbing sounds of food upheaval from the bathroom. Her ear twitched ever so faintly, trying to hone in on the noise like a canine, and lacking the muscular structure in her head to do so.

When the man came back, Kai looked at him a little more curiously, head tilted ever so faintly to the side as she observed him for more than just the quality of his suit (which determined whether or not he was likely to be able to pay his tab) and the green tint around his gills (which determined the obvious).
“There’s some rude people in this town, I’ll tell you that much."
Kai gave an indelicate snort of amused agreement, her lips twitching into a smile once more.
As the man settled himself at the bar counter once more, she turned away from him and began rummaging in a lower cabinet, half disappearing out of sight as she dug around for something.
"..Is it possible I might be able to stay the night? I don’t think I’m going to be able to make it home tonight. It’s been one hell of a day.”
"We got a couple'a rooms free." she replied, coming back to the counter with a small paper plate of crackers, and a fresh glass of water, setting both down in front of him. "Settle your stomach." she added by way of explanation, before she continued on. "We've got Standards or Suites - Suite costs a bit extra, but you get your own bathroom."

The white-haired woman paused and looked back at her customer, leaning against the counter now with her elbows propping her up, arms crossed on the glossy surface of the bar. Her head was still tilted curiously, and her nostrils flared ever so slightly as she tried to catch his scent, and sort him out.
What she had originally took for 'drunk and sick' didnt quite add up. He smelt off-kilter, to be sure, but he didnt reek of booze or drugs...
"I take it you didnt just have a few too many at the last bar you stumbled into, eh?" she asked him, unable to keep the curiosity out of her voice. "You got the flu?"

Erasmos

Im glad to hear it~
^.^

abayoboke's Compadre

Nine-tailed Noob

9,600 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

x x x ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Michi ▬▬▬▬▬
                                        x x x x xx F E I S T Y M I D G E T

x x x x ██ ×x Scratch Behind My Ears
          x x x x x x x _ Call me a good kitty _ Don't piss me off _ And we're square!
          x x x ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

x x xLocation: Bar
              x x x Company: Kai and Hideki
              x x x Mood: Happy
              x x x Occ: Hello~ I hope walk-ins were ok. I always get nervous with them haha ^^;, but I'm the Wonton! And nice roleplay idea haha I hope my character was ok.

One foot after the other. Michi watched as her feet slowly touched in front of each other as if she was taking a sobriety test. Michi was a tiny little thing, she stood at four foot nine inches and weighed that of a normal sized twelve year old girl. She was quite adorable, but don't let the little girl charm fool you, she was a short-tempered and feisty little demon. Michi looked like a normal human woman...well girl. Although Michi was actually a cat demon or a neko if you will. Where was the tail and ears? Hidden pretty well in fact. The young woman had the ability to transform herself into a cat and back into a human again. I know what your thinking, what a useless power, well believe it or not she was actually pretty gifted in strength and speed. Again, you couldn't tell from the tininess.

Walking in she looked around slowly and curiously. Noticing the bar and two people sitting at it a bright smile came to her face. Only Michi...walking up the bar she happily jumped on a bar stool turning to the man and woman who were conversing. "Excuse me? I'm sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if I could have a drink...and was also curious if you were hiring. Is your boss around anywhere?" Keeping the smile on her face she was sure these two were looking at her like she was crazy and why was she so short, she must be a child. They would think she's even crazier when she was going to ask for a certain position at the bar when she spoke to their boss. Looking at the woman she noticed she has a very confident demeanor. Blinking she than asked curiously,"oh wait, you must be the boss. You look like an in-charge lady."

As Michi waited for the woman to respond she adjusted her hood and jacket before anything could possibly pop out. Most humans who have seen this neko always assumed she was just a girl who liked to dress like a cat with fake ears and a fake tail, because humans were basically oblivious to everything, but Michi normally hid her true identity well. Her tail may have been long, but it was the easiest part for hr to hide, as for her ears, she wore over sized hoodies just so the hood would droop down to her eyebrows to the point she could barely see, like now.

Quotable Genius

User Image

User Image

Location: Bar xxxxxxxxx Company: Kai & Michixxxxxxxxx Mood: Ill & Hungry

Hideki gazed up towards Kai, their golden orbs connected as she set before him crackers and water. It was a cute attempt to settle his body and he was flattered for the offering, and so to oblige her he grabbed a cracker and ate it, despite that blood was what he really needed. As he listened about the standards and suites, he debated with himself for a moment before deciding, his thoughts slow and clouded by the poison still in his system that was making his skin burn as if he were on fire. “I’m sure it’s not the flu. I think I must have eaten something bad at the previous bar I attended. It happened suddenly. When I started feeling sick and complained they threw me out. How’s that for service.” The lie came easily off of his tongue out into the open. Now that he had made this town his home and had little idea of what this place actually was, he couldn’t be too careful.

When he decided about the rooms, he smiled politely “I think I’ll have the standard. I have a an estate just outside of town. I’m not travelling so I don’t want to take you out of a suite.” His eyes drifted from the woman to take in his surroundings fully. His vision was better than before and he could focus, but his strength and body were out of commission for the night probably, unless at some point tonight he could find a warm body to feed from.

He picked his empty glass up that had held the whiskey previously and which now only had ice remaining. “I’ll have another whiskey. Do you have any preferred method of payment, pretty lady?” He asked, a small smirk pulling at the corner of his mouth. When the bell above the door dinged, Hideki turned to greet the new patron with an acknowledging gaze. The sight that greeted him was a confusing one; a small girl (or woman?) dressed in a hoodie that hid a good portion of her head. He watched her sit down at the bar and inquire about a job, and his attention returned to Kai.

Quote:
                                Kallistiae
                                Quote:
                                Kallistiae

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

User Image

Kai glanced up as the little bell hung over the door chimed to announce another arrival.
    Gold eyes scanned the girl once, a quick almost military once over that she tended to give everyone who walked through the front door. The barkeep's face was pleasant enough though, despite the severity of her wolven eyes, and she gestured the girl further into the bar with a small wave.
    Michi was not alone, in regards to size - Kai was only a few inches taller than the newcommer herself, though she did not look quite so young as Michi did. This was mostly a trick of dress, however (its a damn miracle how young an overlarge sweatshirt can make a small woman look), and perhaps a little extra padding around the hips.

The barkeep raked her fingers through her hair absently, combing back a couple random locks of white hair that had escaped her messy braid, and turned to the girl as she practically bounced into her seat at the bar.
    Excuse me? I'm sorry to interrupt, but I was wondering if I could have a drink... Is your boss around anywhere?"
    Kai's lips quirked ever so slightly in one corner, giving her a crooked grin as she prepared to explain - but was beaten to the punch.
    "oh wait, you must be the boss..."
    "Thats me." the white haired woman replied calmly, giving an amused wink to Hideki as she pulled his bottle of whiskey back down and poured him a fresh glass. "Head-bull-goose-in-charge."
    Her nostrils flared for a moment as she set the glass down gently on the counter top, taking in the girls scent. It was unmistakably feline.
    Michi hid the traits of her kin well, but once she knew what to look for, sharp golden eyes spotted the faintest triangular line in the fabric of her sweater hood that betrayed the ears beneath.
    "Lets start with what I can get you to drink, shall we? Then move right along to what you're needin' to discuss with the BossLady." the woman said with a faint smile. "We are hiring - what were you looking to apply for? ...Entertainment? ...Cook?"

While the girl mulled it over, she turned back to the man seated next to her.
    "Do you have any preferred method of payment, pretty lady?”
    Kai couldnt help but give a wry little grin at his flattery, accompanied by an easy roll of her shoulders.
    "Cash or credit." she replied cheerfully, as she reached under the counter for a clip board, hung next to a row of small keys. "What name can I put down for your room, love?"

Wonton_Sombrero

Welcomewelcome~
    Walk-Ins are our specialty here, never fear.
    ^^

Erasmos

abayoboke's Compadre

Nine-tailed Noob

9,600 Points
    • Streaker 200
    • Risky Lifestyle 100
    User Image

x x x ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Michi ▬▬▬▬▬

x x x Occ: Ah! Arigato haha, I got nervous ^^; let's all have fun! Woot!~

"Well miss head-bull-goose-in-charge, I would like a mint chocolate chip milkshake with Irish bailey's. Put as much milk as you'd like!" Michi cheered happily at the thought of the cream and milk in one. She did love her cream. She was hoping it wasn't too much to ask. Michi was known for going overboard with her food and drinks. Offer to pick her up a snack, she'd ask for ten things. Offer her a glass of milk, no she'd want three. It was a wonder the young woman wasn't enormous with the way she ate, but she was very active. Being a cat she normally has to hop and run to get things she wants or get to where she wants and if she saw something dangling, it was on like donkey kong as she would say.

Blinking curiously at the jobs the woman listed Michi smiled,"well I do enjoy singing and I do play piano really well, thanks to aristocats the movie. As for cooking, I burn everything, but I do like to be cooked for! I was actually wondering if you had a bouncer position open..." Her happiness actually seemed to fade away at the end when asking to be a bouncer. Being that the tiny cat had Napoleon syndrome it was a perfect job for her. And like mentioned before she was quite strong and quick due to her cat like reflexes, the strength was from her daddy. He was a lion demon. Don't ask how that worked out with her mother.

"Grrr...s**t..." Growling angrily, Michi put her hand in her hood and began to scratch her ear. As she did her leg began to shake insanely quick and her tail seemed to slowly start to wag. She tried keeping it still, but she couldn't help it she enjoyed a nice ear scratchin'! As for her leg, she normally scratched with it when she was in cat form so it became a bad habit in human form when she had an itch.

Quotable Genius

User Image

User Image

Location: Bar xxxxxxxxx Company: Kai xxxxxxxxx Mood: Ill & Hungry

Hideki gave a nod towards Kai, acknowledging the methods of payment accepted. Cash being a hindrance these days, he only kept so much on him, so he momentarily stood and pulled his wallet from his back pocket, withdrawing a shiny credit card that he handed over willingly enough. “You can put Hideki Hiruma.” Standing now, the size difference between him and the two women would be clear enough as he stood at just over six feet. Beneath the grey suit he wore, he seemed to have a decent build, the sleeves of the suit hugging his muscular arms tightly. He seated himself again and left his wallet on the bar intentionally.

His attention turned to the whiskey as he brought it to his mouth and sipped it, watching the two idly. The whiskey seemed to help the burning sensation in his skin, oddly enough. “I never did catch your name.” He said, his gaze upon Kai once more, a curious emotion and look behind his eyes that lingered on the woman as if he wanted to eat her. In Japan, eye contact was rude and awkward, but he had been in the West far longer than he had Japan and so for him it made little difference.

He looked to Michi. She was acting as odd as he had when he had first arrived, although in a different kind of way. The small woman was odd, and when she asked for a bouncer position in the bar he connected the dots that she was not all she appeared to be. With Kai he was still unsure, but the newcomer was giving herself away quickly. It was that, or she knew jujitsu or some other complete martial art well enough to keep the peace within a bar.

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

User Image

Kai snorted at the girls order, but she only shook her head with a bemused grin as she turned away to begin preparing the treat. Michi was in luck - Kai had just stocked up on icecream yesterday. Granted, it had been under the assumption that she would probably be eating it more than her customers but hey - who's ever complained about a freezer full of icecream?
      Kai dug the carton of mint chocolate chip out of the freezer, having to move several other cartons out of the way first in order to reach it, and put several large scoops into a blender nearby as the kitten at the counter continued speaking.
      "well I do enjoy singing and I do play piano really well, thanks to aristocats the movie..."
      Kai found a little chocolate sauce, and added a squirt to the fridge, working surprisingly fast for someone making up a 'recipe' on the fly. It took her a moment longer to find any cream, but she managed it, and half filled the blender with milk and cream to mingle with the icecream already inside.
      "...As for cooking, I burn everything, but I do like to be cooked for!"
      Kai sighed a little to herself, still looking faintly bemused as she poured an ample amount of Bailey's into the drink. She was never going to find a decent cook, was she?
      Her finger hovered over the blend button, prepared to begin stirring up the milkshake, when the womans last words caught her off guard, halting everything that she was doing.

"I was actually wondering if you had a bouncer position open..."
      Kai blinked slowly as those words filtered into her brain, and she turned to look at the girl with a single pale eyebrow arched high enough that it threatened to disappear into her hairline.
      Michi now, at least for the moment, had the womans full and undivided attention, and no doubt that of the rest of the bar as well.
      Though there was only three people in the building total, you could feel the whole place pause and go silent.
      Gold eyes scanned Michi's slight frame once again, with an expression that could only be described as...doubtful. Her doubts did not appear appeased in the slightest as the woman's leg began twitching happily as she scratched her own ear.
      "....You..." Kai asked, the doubt in her eyes equally evident in her voice. ".,,want to be a bouncer."

This was not an issue of gender or size, mind. Kai had known several small women capable of removing very important internal organs in rather sophisticated and graceful ways. It was just...
      The lycan scrunched her nose absently as she looked at the girl in front of her.
      Michi was just so...well, non threatening.

Kai glanced over at Hideki, a little helplessly, as if he might be able to shed some light on this unexpected development, but she was startled to be suddenly looking at a well pressed shirt, buttoned over what was clearly a rather nice torso, rather than the face she had been expecting. The wolf blinked and then glanced up, bemused at the mans sudden increase in height, and accepted his credit card with absent fingers.
      "Kai." she told him mildly, still sounding faintly distracted as she tried to find a politically correct, polite way to handle the small, entierly non threatening looking woman nearby wanting to be Security. "Kai Louvelle....a pleasure." she couldnt help but add as her lips tucked in at one corner into a crooked, impish grin. Far from being put off by that faintly predatory gleam in his eyes, she seemed to...either be amused or appreciative. Which is probably not a healthy reaction for a woman to have in regards to that kind of expression, but I digress.

Kai shook her head momentarily and turned back to Michi, looking bemused.
      "Kitten...no offense but...are you even qualified to be a bouncer?"

Status: What, seriously? This kid couldnt bounce a ball of yarn...

Erasmos

Wonton_Sombrero

abayoboke's Compadre

Nine-tailed Noob

9,600 Points
      • Streaker 200
      • Risky Lifestyle 100
      User Image

x x x ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Michi ▬▬▬▬▬

x x x Occ: ~

Michi watched as the woman made her drink. She licked her lips softly as she watched the mint chocolate chip, baileys and milk spin around in the blender. She was happy until she took her attention off the blender when she felt both sets of eyes staring at her in utter shock. She looked at Hideki, than at Kai with the most oblivious and confused face she's ever had. When Kai asked Michi again if she wanted to be a bouncer, Michi looked at her still very confused and nodded her head,"yes." Looking back and fourth at the two once more she felt like she was under a spotlight as a comedian and all the jokes she told weren't funny. "Um...is it something I said?"

Looking back at Kai when she asked if she was qualified Michi answered like the wind was taken right from under sails,"oh? I made it that obvious?" Taking her hood off she revealed her little cat ears and young looking face, though now it was clear she looked at least twenty. Her eyes were big and bright and she had an adorable little nose and lips, although her lips were quite full. "well...let's see. I was a head bouncer before, a manager of bouncers before. I was also just a regular bouncer before. My daddy's a big ole' lion demon so I have his strength." She smiled flexing her muscle and patting it. "I may be a cute looking little house kitty, but I'm a feisty alley cat. Plus I was always a daddy's girl so I was shown the ropes. I actually may seem nice, but I'm known for my temper and 'attitude' problem. I was kicked out of my last job because I clawed the mans face off for calling me a midget." The scary thing was Michi kept a smile on her face when saying this like it was ok. Her past jobs though never worked out very well because of how angry she could get, but she got a different vibe here like she could actually fit in. Or maybe not if they didn't think she would be a good bouncer.

Quotable Genius

User Image

User Image

Location: Bar xxxxxxxxx Company: Kai & Michi xxxxxxxxx Mood: Ill & Hungry

”The pleasure is all mine, miss Louvelle.” The look he received in turn from the woman as he eyed her sent a small thrill through his being. He knew she was busy with the odd woman that had entered and he didn’t want or mean to keep interrupting her, but his drinking was starting to make him feel better, and so he wanted to continue. “I’ll go ahead and purchase that bottle of Jack Daniels. You can leave it here and charge it to my card as well.”

His attention turned to Michi as he leaned over with his head supported by his arm, his elbow resting on the surface of the bar. He was so tempted to pull the newcomer’s hoodie down so that he could see her fully. When the woman began explaining herself and her history with work, he was somewhat relieved to see the hood come off. It’s as if he could breathe again. With the two cat ears emerging, her identity was revealed before them at once and suddenly. Somehow he didn’t seem surprised with the oddities that should generally be kept hidden were shown. If anything, the anomaly made him comfortable.

(( Ugh, I'm tired again. If I disappear for a great length amount of time, you may say that Hideki retired to bed. :3 ))

stillnohero's Husband

Toothsome Reveler

User Image

"oh? I made it that obvious?"
        "I've, ah...just got a nose for these things." Kai replied, seeming amused with herself now as the girl let her hood fall back to reveal the cat-ears she had suspected lay hidden under the cloth. The fact that the girl had cat ears growing out of the top of her head seemed to strike her as infinitely less odd than the girl wanting to be a bouncer, and so the matter of her animalistic parentage was waved away as simply par for the course. She had seen much stranger things in her time, to be sure, but her lack of surprise should be more than enough to betray that she wasnt quite what she appeared either, if the eyes and the hair hadn't given her away yet. She spared a glance for Hideki out of the corner of her eye to gauge his reaction, and found that like her own self, the revelation did not seem to be regarded with any particular surprise. If anything, he seemed to relax a little as the girl dropped her hood and bared her ears, as if the revalation had put him back on even footing.
        She kind of knew that feeling, actually.

The woman smiled at his request, and reached for the bottle he requested, making a mental tally of his tab as she unscrewed the cap and set it down within arms reach for him. She was...oddly reassured by Hideki's reaction to the little kitten's revelation. Though she was not quite sure what flavor of odd Hideki was himself, if he could take this in stride then she could operate with a little less...restraint. His acceptance gave her confidence to continue with Misha, knowing what she would likely have to do.
        For good measure, she slid his room key - Number Three - down on the counter next to his liquor, and hoped that he wasnt one of those precious few supernatural creatures that cringed from the sight of blood.
        ...not that she'd ever met one yet, but still.
        The woman gave him a warm, friendly wink as she turned back to Michi and the matter at hand.

She leaned forward on the bar, hands clasped together absently on the counter top as she observed the girl in front of her. Gold eyes locked on Michi's face as she spoke, gleaming bright and unnerving in their unwavering attention as the smile fell away from her face and eyes, leaving her expression blank and almost alien as she weighed the girl in her mind.
        She got points for confidence, Kai would have to give her that; and lions-blood in her veins didnt hurt the girls chances either, to be sure. Kai had never heard of a lion-demon, but she had met a werelioness before, and she knew the damage a pair of paws that size could do, when there was a she-cat behind them intent on drawing blood. The issues of temperament were all waved aside just as casually as the girls ears, as well. Kai had her own share of anger management issues - she'd not begrudge anyone their tempers. Even the idea that the little kitten had clawed a mans face off didnt seem to give her pause. Kai accepted this information with the same calm, analytical face as she watched Michi chat and smile so cheerfully, her own expression impassive.

Kai was silent for a long moment after Michi ran out of cheerful diologue, her eyes still locked on the girl for several minutes before she spoke quietly. Her voice was thoughful and even, as if every word she spoke was a point she weighed on some invisible scale.
        "You got one thing going for you, kitten, and thats the fact that you look...well...harmless." she admitted this last with her hands opening palm up on the counter in a helpless, half apologetic little shrug. "People see you, and they dont see a fighter. They dont see a threat. That puts you in the perfect position to get in behind them and bash them in the head with somethin' heavy while they lock on to the nearest thing that does look like a threat. However," she added, holding up a finger to dissuade any speaking before she'd finished. "Thats also your biggest problem. Tell me, how do you think most fights in a bar are ended?"
        She was silent for a brief moment as she let Michi think about this, before answering.
        "They're ended before they begin. 90% of bar fights are all posturing. You put a big, intimidating man in a tight tshirt and a scowl by the front door, and most people will back down from a fight before blows are ever traded. You ain't gonna be able to do that, I'll tell you right now. No one is gonna back down from a fight just because you stand up."
        There was nothing mean in Kai's voice, or even anything that seemed particularly discouraging. She simply stated facts, as she saw them, laying them out on the bar for Michi to investigate with her.
        "Now maybe you got some experience, and maybe you got some lion in you - way I see it, I got one way to test whether or not you're gonna be enough to enforce my law."
        Kai tilted her head ever so faintly to the side, and the light from the fireplace caught her eyes, making them gleam for a moment before the light hit her pupils, reflecting off of them in that blue-green mirrored shine of something inhuman. Something predatory.
        "Do you know how a she-wolf chooses a mate, kitten? He's got to be strong enough to kill her. If he's not stronger than her, then he's not strong enough to protect her." Her lips flickered into a wider grin that before, revealing for the first time that her back teeth ended in pointed fangs. "Its a good policy. Works for bouncers too. If you're good enough to beat me, then you've got a job - do we have a deal?"

Eras
        3qwqbms4:19="Erasmos']

Wonton_Sombrero

Quick Reply

Submit
        Manage Your Items
        Other Stuff
        Get GCash
        Offers