Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Gawker

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[...You found all seven ways to keep me near...Near within your reach....
You sure knew how to harness love...But never made me more than want you...
I'm not sorry, you will never get more out of me...'Cause I am blinded no more...]

At the compliments, she feels a little awkward, blushing very lightly. Stepping back as the music ended, she chuckles, then sweeps a careful curtsy. It was weird in jeans instead of skirts, but one couldn't really be too picky when one couldn't change clothes at a whim.

"The pleasure was mine, kind sir."

The smile spreads, and she straightens, then tilts her head to the side. Thinking about it a moment, she then smiles wide, unable to help herself.

"Definitely quite an establishment. I'll have to keep coming back here, I think."

Then, clasping her hands behind her, she chuckles, then wanders off the dance floor. All in all, it was lovely, but she couldn't help but want to retreat from it. Blushing was a difficult thing.

[...You...I need you...less and less...
Every day feeds this moral decay...Yet I have grown to love you even more...]

Shadowy Shapeshifter

3,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Jack smiled. "We all would love to have you here," he said. He enjoyed the time he had with her as he too went off the dance floor. He was thinking about possibly going after Kai then he shrugged. All in good time. He went back up to the bar counter requesting a drink as he quickly got one as he took a drink then turned around away from the counter and sat back against it on the stool with a soft satisfied sigh.

Sparkly Gawker

I'm not sorry, you will never get more out of me...'Cause I am blinded no more...]

A small smile escapes as he mentioned she would be welcome there. Slipping back into her seat, she stretches, then nods, leaning forward and ordering another drink. She really liked the pineapple mixture. Her eyes soften and she looks around, then speaks softly.

"I will enjoy this one indeed."

Then, with a soft sigh, she shrugs out of her jacket, folding it over her stool. It was much more comfortable that way. She felt a bit more relaxed that way, and a bit more exposed as well. Guess that was part of keeping yourself in public. One of these days, she'd have to get over carrying her weapons, perhaps. Rubbing her cheek, she relaxes forward, green hair falling around her features.

She couldn't help it. It felt good here. Looking to Jack, she blinks, then poses the query that had been bothering her mind.

"It seems everyone here has known each other for a long time. Is it all family?"

Shadowy Shapeshifter

3,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Jack looked over and shook his head. "Just Naomi and Kai. They're brother and sister. The rest of us aren't related." He pointed over to them then he smiled. "But we still might act like family sometimes. And yes we've all known each other for awhile. Since Naomi got this place running and hired us." It was from time to time like a family structure in a way. Or that's how it felt anyway. He was happy though he loved it, this place, the friends here and the people he'd be more then happy to call family here whether he was related to them or not didn't matter.

Sparkly Gawker

She smiles softly as he explains. A family of people without relation. She could understand that. After all, it's what she was struggling with at Land's End. With a thought, she took a sip of her drink, then set it between her hands, looking back at him.

"It's incredible. And quite lovely to observe. Makes one a bit jealous, I'd admit."

She tugged on the edges of her gloves, smoothing them against the back of her hand. She couldn't help the nervous gesture. Then, resting her arms on the edge of the table, she smiles, looking back to the bartop, just listening to the music for now.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

3,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
He looked over. "Well I'm sure if you talked to Naomi you could work here if you find yourself in need of a job." He smirked. "Whether you work here or a regular customer and valued friend I'm sure you could easily become a part of it if you'd like to." She was nice and it wouldn't be hard at all for her to be accepted into it quickly. He, Naomi, Kai and all the rest of them here would love that. A new person as part of their makeshift family if you wanted to put it that way.

Sparkly Gawker

She giggles softly, shaking her head. Looking over at him, she drops her chin in her hand, looking amused. Already, she was comfortable enough to just hang around. Plus, conversation. It was definitely needed. She talked to too few people in the world those days.

"Well, I do believe that you've won me over as a regular. As for a job, I'm afraid I've already got too many of those on my hands. And for a creature like me, it isn't necessary. I've got enough material possession to keep me away from working for my entire life."

Which was going to be too long for her liking. Perhaps she was too young to appreciate the idea of having centuries at her disposal. It was a scary thought, all in all.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

3,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Jack made a pout face. "I wish I had that. Then as lazy as I can be I could sleep forever and not have to worry about anything." He laughed. If he had something like that to keep him away from work so he could just be lazy forever he'd be in heaven. He was thinking about it now for a minute there you could clearly tell he was daydreaming about it. Then he shook his head to snap himself out of it. "I need to quit that before I drool." He laughed again how ridiculous he just was.

Sparkly Gawker

A laugh escapes, and she shakes her head. Then, looking sly a moment, she places her finger on the tip of her nose. With a wink, she speaks lightly.

"The secret is to work very hard to gain a nest egg, and then invest in the correct areas."

She smiles again, then turns slightly, leaning to the side against the bar, folding one leg over the other. Thinking about it, she then shakes her head.

"In all honesty, it's a hassle. Once you don't need money anymore, you often find yourself with the problem of being terribly bored all the time."

She grins, her eyes dancing with laughter.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

3,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Jack thought about it for a moment. Then he figured she was probably right. No longer having any need for working anymore or doing anything really for that matter might get boring after awhile. He could be lazy but even so doing what he does here and hanging out while he did was entertaining sometimes. But who ever said a person can't work just cause they don't need to? They still can if they chose to. Although it may not serve as much purpose that way. But that was all up to the person being offered to decide. "Well I'm glad we at least have you as a regular if anything. Happy you choose to stick around with us." He grinned.

Sparkly Gawker

Adopting an innocent look, she raises her glass slightly.

"How could I ever not? You guys have my favorite drink, and you make it pretty decently."

The smile flashes quickly after, and she takes a swallow of the sweet beverage. It was mostly juice, and she really liked it. Alcohol was still new to her, however, and that's one of those things she enjoyed about it. Experience was everything, right?

"The company isn't half bad either."

She joked lightly, leaning back against the bar again.

[[ Night! ]]

Shadowy Shapeshifter

3,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Jack nodded. "Plenty more where that come from too," he said ordering another drink. He then chuckled. "I think your gonna enjoy it." He never regretted any of it. He gave her another smile leaning his cheek to his hand looking to her. He could see she was still new to alcohol. He himself has been drinking since he had been 16. Most people would say that was too young to which they were probably right but it didn't stop him. He was 23 now though and still enjoyed every bit of it.

Sparkly Gawker

Hitomi chuckles, shaking her head at his words. It was a good deal. Promises of good times for the future. That was something she could be pleased with, that was for sure. Thinking about it a moment, she traces small symbols in the moisture of her glass, then looks at him, deciding it was time to be curious, even if it was nosy.

"So tell me something about you, Jack. We're conversing, and I realize I know nothing about you, other than you are a bartender, and an excellent dancer."

Gathering stories. Perhaps she'd go back to doing that. It was a good use of her time, and it would bring her back to being the Hitomi that she missed, rather than the Hitomi she had to be.

User Image
Kai was running away from Desmond and hid behind Jack. "Jaack Desmond keeps trying to hit me just because I have his glasses!" He stuck his tongue out at desmond and laughed as he tried to go around him and grabbed Kai's shirt. "Uh-oh hehe heeyy Desmond nice night huh? Beautiful people amazing music?" He handed back Desmonds glasses as he set him down and ruffled his hair before going back to his post.

Shadowy Shapeshifter

3,650 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image
Jack sat back comfortably. "Well lets see." There really wasn't much to tell about him except the same story that many had a problem with. "Well my parents were druggies and when I was born I was lucky not to end up mentally challenged cause of it from the problems taking drugs can cause when a women is pregnant." He shrugged. "Not much else I can think of I've had that same problem to deal with that many kids have with their parents," he said. "I'm not really all that bothered though much." Then he looked to Kai. He shook his head with a smile. "Oh hiding behind me now huh heh heh." Desmond reached around him and grabbed Kai as he gave the glasses back. "Wish I could help you but unfortunately not sure I can do much against the mammoth Desmond." He laughed then smirked. "Besides I help you then you owe me to show me what ya got dancing," he said jokingly. He was just messing cause he knew Kai wouldn't want to. He shrugged and just laughed about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff