Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Gatekeeper

Welcome to Mountain Ridge, a tavern/inn located up in the mystical mountains Of Noir. A place where people may find themselves when on the brink of death, or in a quick flick of some misbegotten magic.

Please, whatever the reason, do.. enjoy your stay..while it last's.

----------------------------------------------------

Simple walk in tavern, nothing fancy. I do ask that you please be semi lit. No one liners.

Basis of this rp, come in, have fun enjoy yourself, all with a slightly dark twist that I may.. make better later down the road..if time allows XD

Dangerous Gatekeeper

A moon scaped terror,a hidden secret and a breathless exhaling of fright. THAT was his legacy, his moment of unfettered, unhampered law and logic. A simple breath of air that escaped him on the night of his death, a silently uttered wish, and..then nothingness..

That was how this place came to be, how his Mountain's Ridge was born. High up in the mountains that secluded him for the reality of man, and beast, of earth and air THIS, was now his home, his unwavering existence.

Arkin chuckled deeply as he stretched his back, hand on the wooden bar top, washing down the day's mess. As simple as if he was washing away a dream. Such simple things.. such wonderfully simple things.

Eloquent Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

{ J A C K }

"Are you still happy like this Kin?"

Jack asked curiously. Like a whisp or a sudden breeze was there, staring at the other as he cleaned his possessions. The thin figured male sat proper and steady on the stool much like stone so unnatural and natural all in one. He was out of place in this world of Arkin's and most times he'd admit others would see the man as insane. Talking to himself. Not a single person had acknowledged him before Arkin. Not a single one since that fateful hour.

"Aren't you lonely for more company?"

He always inquired this among other things. Why the name jack? Why did he want what he did? What did it mean to own a place for travelers when he didn't want people around.... such as these things weighted on his mind in curiosity. Jack pulled the satin shawl around his neck back over his slender shoulders tucking it under a single loop to keep the covering solid as he waited for a word.

"Kin?"

He asked again.

Dangerous Gatekeeper

~A K R I N~
-Time is not without fault-
Life is not without Pain

Akrin's eyes lifted to the voice as it called to his silent musings, his hidden dialogue to his own self. Resting now upon Jack. Sliding along his figure, as it it was wont to do. Every night, questions where asked, every moment the stillness of the other brought some perplexity to his thoughts. Every moment Jack would appear in nothing but a whispered breath upon his ears...

He smiled. Silent, and still. A moment of reflection, and then..his hand stilled, and he looked away form the still figure, out over the dimly lit room..

Was he happy? Why did he smile?

" This was my wish..."

His fingers slipped deeper into the cloth, as if by grabbing a hold of something physical, he could banish the lonely thoughts that plagued him, at each nights questions. he was fine. Yes. He was. ..fine.

" I have you... it, is enough."

Darkness, a shadowed moment that cast his eyes in doubt, laughing into the face of his lie. But it wasn't a lie.. jack..was enough. He kept him sane when the light of the world went out..he kept him, just as he, in turn kept Jack.

Silence continued and his fingers began to move, once more wiping at the bar top, that had nothing left to be cleaned. A routine, something ..normal..casual...he stirred as the voice touched him again 'Kin?'. he shook himself from his own mind, and looked back to the eyes of Jack.

"Yes...Jack?"

Eloquent Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

{ J A C K }

"A wish shouldn't be a death sentence, Kin"

Jack retorted as he watched the process of Akrin's motions betrayed his thoughts before he turned about to stare at him. Really stare at him. He stared back and felt compelled to mirror the emotion given to him so he tilted his head breaking his stillness. Akrin was alone. And as much as he denied himself this truth, he too was forced to relish and live in the lie.

"As long as you are happy, Kin."

He shifted now looking back to the empty main floor before he slid off his perch. He walked along now to a broom rising his hand up as the item gravitated to his palms where he clasped the wood. He eased into a slow shuffle helping clean up.

"Do you think someone will come tonight?"

His back turned as he pushed the dust around gathering a little pile for his own amusement. Why would he need to do this work? Would it really help? He was real to Akrin, so in Akrin's world he could affect things.

Dangerous Gatekeeper

~A K R I N~
Life is not without Pain

But had it been a death sentence? Was he not already dying when he wished.. for this? Akrin shook his head as if by doing so he could clear his mind of the fog that now spread with greedy fingers through his weary mind..and then..his fingers stopped.. and he pushed the clothe away, done with cleaning the already clean top.

Jack was there, watching him, returning to him what he had given to Jack..he watched him with a quiet gaze, his lips returning to that faint smile, and he nodded, as if it was all that was left to do. Accept the lie that both of them told, both of them accepted, and both of them clung upon.

His eyes lifted to the door, not far along at the last question and he lingered there for a moment.. before he tore his gaze from the thick door.

"Yes.Someone will come."

Every night, another lie left his pale lips, and every night he told the same one to himself.. another would come.. but that door, remained as silent and as still as the dead man in his grave.

Now..silence was broken, by the soft sound of the broom upon the ground, and soon, he was moving, gliding along the floor in a calm manner.. reaching his hand out for the other. Jack, the only tangible..being other then he. He had to believe he was there..he had to feel him to not lose his reality. Jack was real. Together they remained...

Eloquent Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

{ J A C K }

Listened again to Akrin so eloquently lie to them. Someone, something, and anything could come through that door at anymore but it would phase him none. None could touch him or even be phased by his own person less they were Akrin himself. When a palm rested on his shawl'd shoulder Jack stopped and turned to look at Akrin.

"Yes?"

He asked curiously now turning completely around in the hold standing toe to toe with Akrin. He stared at the other taller than he about a good 3 inches with no heel, completely bare footed. The broom in his hold slightly being moved in sweeping motions.

"Have I missed a spot?"

Dangerous Gatekeeper

~A K R I N~
Life is not without Pain

Akrin felt the feeling of the other beneath his touch, and it soothed the feeling of unease that had been building. So many questions, every night, so many lies, just to keep ..alive.

But like this, with his touch and feel of Jack, he was safe. He let out a sigh, a deep breath of air passing his lips so softly , unaware that he had held it tell this moment, watching as Jack turned to face him, the feeling of those lithe shoulders still moving as the broom continued to move in soft light sweeps.

He paused, a question was posed.. but not so painfully as the last.

"No... i just needed.."

He stopped, looking around at the clean tavern, at the inn that housed their souls...and slipped briefly from this moment into one of darkness, before his hand trembled, and startled his mind to the present.

"..you. Yes..."

He assured not only Jack in that moment, but himself...before his hand began to slip away..and then..he stopped..thoughtful.

"...are you ..lonely?"

A question asked.. for once.. a rarity in itself.

Eloquent Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

{ J A C K }

The warmth from the hand travelled through his shawl to his dark skin making him feel the tingle before Akrin moved back feeling the startle not in just the movements but in the static that touched his own mind. He shifted now letting the broom drop to the wooden floor moving to gap the distance taking Akrin's hands into his own.

He returned the warmth given to him and the started at the palms. Felt the heart beat in the veins as faint as it was. The pale flesh in contrast to his was very much alive. Akrin was alive and he would always remind him this, despite his wish. He lifted his gaze up to look at the panicked gaze wrinkling his brows as the odd gradient hair feel from behind his ear to shroud his face in places it was lengthily enough to do so.

"I am very lonely. So lonely it blossoms in my chest in a tightness that grows to make my body shake and I want to scream but not cry I could ever make would reach any ears that would care to listen."

He responded before he moved his hold on the other's hand to cup them before he slide them away moving his gaze from Akrin back to the broom he dropped. He stared at it before he motioned with his hand and lifted back into place.

"Is it wrong to be lonely, Kin?"

Dangerous Gatekeeper

~A K R I N~
Life is not without Pain

Akrin jerked as his hand was grasped in the others hold, Jacks hands taking his own, and holding them close. He stared down at the clashing of their skins, light to dark. How strange...in that moment to realize his light, the very being who kept his sanity, was the color of the night he feared the most.. the darkness that seized his ability to speak, and stole the very breath from his lungs..and yet.. jack was comfort where there was no other..

He watched, lost in that moment of thought, as the touch remained, the contrast stark..and then, his gaze shifted from the hands that held his, and to the face that was Jack's. The words spoken startled his mind, betrayed his reality.. and crashed against him..he stared in bewilderment, before he shook his head.

"But..why? I am here.. I would hear you.. are we not together? Is that..loneliness? "

He took a moment of peace in the way his hands where cupped... before they where released and Jack returned to the broom..which..he now perceived as something that stole the feeling of the other from him.. making him step back..breathing slowly.

"...yes. It is painful...to be alone. Would..it make you happier if their where others?"

Other then himself? Would it make himself..happier to be around others, other then Jack? These where questions in which he asked not only Jack, but himself... and they sat not well, but uncomfortably with him.

He was uneasy, and yet, the smile was still tiredly on his lips.

Eloquent Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

{ J A C K }

Jack continued his looping of the sweeps before he lifted his attention to Akrin stopping his animated state to be completely still. He stared with unblinking eyes.

" This whole place could be filled to the brim with people and I would still be lonely. Loneliness isn't something you can easily deter. I have you, Kin. AS you have me, but it does not change the fact we can still feel lonely."

He shifted now coming to life for Akrin moving towards him as he watched how the other withered before him again. He shouldn't have said those things but honesty was something Akrin needed. Especially with this kingdom of lies he had built for himself. He brought his arms around the other's shoulders leaving the broom suspended upright at his own side during the hug.

"We are lonely, Kin. It is something we have to accept but in doing so we have to remember that we are not alone. We have each other and ourselves. But its up to you to decide, is that enough?"

He spoke gently before moving back after the hug giving a kind smile on the dark otherworldly face.

Dangerous Gatekeeper

~A K R I N~
Life is not without Pain

Akrin stared at Jack, as he watched him in his state of stillness, observing the almost puppet like qualities that his own body took at times. Two of them, so alike and un-alike. His smile fell, something different slipping into place over his features, curling and twisting into an upside down rendering of what a smile should be.. a frown. Words flowed against him, like a warming caress, yet.. cool..

"Yes.. you have I, and I have you. Should this not ease that loneliness? Should it not make for a better...experience? "

He shook himself as he saw the other still form move, as if the very essence of him, was now alive, as Jack reached for him and held him in an embrace. He felt the comfort there, but, with it came uncertainty at words spoken, and stated. Yes, they where lonely, he knew this, but he had chosen to forget it, as long as Jack was Jack, he was not alone.. completely..alone. With him there was sanity, and with him there was comfort...that would be enough for him.

Yes.

His smile returned, slightly, and warmed.

Yes, with Jack it was enough.

..but..what if it wasn't?

He stirred himself and reached out to pat Jack's cheek softly, happy...yes, happy at the smile.

" I am happy. "

He smiled a bit more and then spun a bit on his feet spinning about to look at all of his ..home, his fingers splayed to the sides.

"Shall we brighten it? Shall we make it friendlier?"

Eloquent Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

{ J A C K }

"Alright"

That was all Jack could do. Accept things as they were till Akrin accepted whatever he was running from. He shifted now after the firm talk to taking his broom watching how Akrin spun like a happy child. He tilted his head looking about now and back to Akrin.

"Sounds like you have a plan. I will follow your lead. Always."

He stated now before he looked to his little pile of dust from before going along to the metal dust pan to sweep the load into it's clutches and back to the door where the wind blew in and sent the dust right back onto the floor. Stupified for a moment Jack stood flabbergasted before turning to look at Akrin. His expression 'what have i done?! I'm sorry!!! I MADE IT DIRTY AGAIN!'

Dangerous Gatekeeper

~A K R I N~
Life is not without Pain

Akrin smiled at the easy acceptance of Jack and spun about his hands raising as if he was directing a wonderful concert, only in his mind, fingers moving to and fro as the candles burned brighter, as the webs in the corners began to vanish, and the shadows lifted to expose a wonderful room full of beautifully carved wood.

Polished floors, walls, and... he suddenly stopped, turning as wind buffeted his body, his hands lowering, as he turned to face the scent of air, his eyes brightening for a moment, as if the hope of people had filled his mind, before he saw, the most surprised of looks upon his Jack's face.

The moment of hope was gone, but the sorrow of it did not linger, for he was soon in fits of light chuckles over Jack's expression.

He suddenly grinned, and waved his hands about in a misguided manner and watched as the wind swept about the room playfully and gathered the dust up and spun it about in it's little cyclone...and swept right out the door.

His laughter was bright and light, and he shook his head.

"... see... it's no longer dirty!"

He grinned..and even as he grinned, music, played in the background of the cavernous room. The song was strangely solemn and dark compared to his sudden playful nature.

Eloquent Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

{ J A C K }

Arkin was in one of his moods again and he supposed opening the door wasn't exactly the best thing to do. He watched how effortlessly Akrin cleared out the dust. He nodded softly hearing the music pick up, such things of Akrin's time he couldn't understand.

Shifting back now with his broom he went along to place it back in the closet getting a rag and a very small bucket of lukewarm water to wipe tables down. He would keep busy so if someone did come in, Akrin's warm tavern would certain lure them back to visit again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff