Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scott inhaled deeply, wild red eyes glinting in the dark forest, catching the light of the moon in a stereotypically terrifying way. There was a glow over the hill, past a grouping of trees. A tavern that he had not noticed before in the daylight. But, now, it was the daylight.

He grinned, laying his only hand over the hook that had replaced the other. He pushed the sharp tip under his nail, loosening some dirt. There it was.

Scott walked smoothly up to a window at the front of the building, peering inside. It was adorable; there was a fire blazing in the hearth, and a gaggle of women tending to each other. He clenched his fist, slinking away from the window...

Ashley wasn't afraid of being touched, like these women apparently believed. Holding her gaze sternly on
Ristar's eyes, she laid her small, clammy hands in hers. They were the size of a child's hands, trembling
still. She took a deep breath, green eyes unblinking. She seemed very focused, for she was not sure what
was going to happen.

"Nothing freaks me out," she said, very matter of factly. Although they had every right to think that this girl was
easily spooked, there were stipulations to her fears. They didn't lie in witchcraft and snakes.
Emma nodded and stood to stand next to Ashley. As she stood there, she felt chills run down her spine and the hair on the back of her neck stand. She felt as if they were being watched. But it was most likely non-sense. The girl's paranoia getting to her or something.

Lotaras Lothanius's Other Half

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
((Of course I remember the wolf. I remember everything about my arch nemesis. biggrin ))

The sense that they were being watched had Ri's bright eyes searching each window. Shadows played over the glass and had her brows furrowing a moment in question. There was definitely someone out there. Wondering what they wanted, the redhead stared out into the night for a few more moments before looking back to Ashley. Whatever it was, she would have to deal with it when they stopped acting like cowards.

"You say that now." She commented at Ashley's words. Once Emma joined them, and the girl's hands were in her own, she smiled and let her powers go. Violet colored flames swirled to life over her ivory skin, spinning down her arms to cover the hands she held. Slowly, they crept over the girls body in search of her injuries. A bit glowed on her ears at first, reattaching and regrowing that which had been torn or taken. The rest moved along the girl's abdomen, burning nothing but healing her from the inside out. The whole process left a warmth on the woman's skin, and lasted no more than about ten minutes. This, however was not the part that was meant to spook the girl.

Every time her powers healed Ashley, a wound appeared in the same place on Ristar's body. Her ear bled, her insides screamed, and pain shined in her darkening eyes. Of course, being what she was, everything began to heal itself just as quickly as it had appeared. She didn't move until it all had passed and she was back to normal. Satisfied after a quick look at herself, the redhead pulled back her flames and released her hold on Ashley.

"Alright, all done. How do you feel?" She asked, her gaze slowly returning to its normal glowing sapphire shade as she waited for a response.
"HEY!" the man burst through the door, mid flame ceremony. He marched right over to the girls, putting his large, heavy hand on Ashley's shoulder. "Ladies! How's it goin'?" he grinned, winking at the red head. He gave a soft jerk to the frail girl, likely yanking her hands loose of the other woman's, depending on how tightly they were grasped.

"You guy's having a sleepover? That's super cute." his sarcasm was disgusting, unlike his charismatic mannerisms and looks. He had a super-model smile and Fabio's tussled black hair, it was true. His eyes, however, dark and deep and red, were angry and mean, as were his words and tone.

"Unfortunately, I gotta take this little chickadee home..." he patted Ashley's shoulder again, putting his hook against her back. To the casual onlooker, he was merely laying it sideways against her. To someone with a more investigative eye, he was pressing the tip between her shoulder blades. Not enough to draw blood, but enough to pinch. "It's past her bedtime."

Ashley felt a searing pain in her ear, worse than when it had been bitten off, but it slowly soothed down to a
warmth that made her feel like she was glowing. In fact, she probably was glowing; the flames startled her
for a moment as she braced for a burn. It was a pleasant surprise to have it feel the way it did, however.

Just as the flames began to move towards her abdomen, which was sorely bruised, someone made a loud
entrance. She jumped at the noise and commotion, and paled when she saw who it was. Her breath caught
in her throat, her palms sweating nervously into Ristar's. Her guts cramped, and she gripped the woman's hands
tightly as her body tried to double her over. She fought it, but did crumple slightly, almost relying on Ristar to
hold her up.

The heavy weight of his hand on her shoulder made her whole body begin to shake violently. She shrugged
exaggeratedly, trying to ward him off. She did not look at him, past the initial moment of shock. He jerked her
shoulder, and her hands slipped from Ristar's, but only for a moment; hoping that the healing might be able
to handle the short moment of disconnection, she quickly grabbed ahold again, her stomach twisting, heart
pounding.

When he placed the hook against her back, she stood up very straight, her shivers calming, giving way to
a tenseness that didn't allow for movement; she was essentially paralyzed. Her green eyes held on to Ristar's.
She inched towards the woman, very slightly, perhaps unnoticeably, to relieve some of the pressure of
the point between the blades of her back.
It didn't take a genius to tell that this man was most certainly not welcomed by Ashley. Emma actually snarled. She hadn't truly expected to prove her earlier words of protection to the girl this very night, not that she hadn't meant them. She reached for the man's wrist where his hand was planted so firmly on the girl. Her grip would be tight as she stared ominously at him. "In case you haven't noticed, she's receiving medical attention. Her bed time can wait. Now if you would be so kind as to step back?..." It wasn't a request.

((There's a ghost wolf item. I'll have to see if I can remember what my password to Talitha is. xD ))

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
The sudden entrance of a man had Ristar's eyes narrowing suspiciously. So, this was the coward that had hid in the shadows. Watching him closely, the redhead lifted a scarlet brow at his words and swallowed a snarl of her own. Who the hell did this guy think he was? No one walked into the Lost Time and treated the customers she helped as he was with Ashley. Of course, before she could say this, Emma was reacting and Ashley was giving her a clear look that she was not at all happy to see this man.

"Last time I checked, the little 'chickadee' was old enough to decide when her bedtime is." She replied, tightening her hold on the girl's hands. Ristar gave Ashley a supportive look before returning her focus to the man behind her. "I suggest you let her go and leave, or I will be forced to throw you out myself." She added, her tone cold and serious as she spoke. There was no way in hell she was letting him go anywhere with Ashley, even if she had to fight him for her.
[ Haha guys I have to head off for the night~~ we can pick up in the AM if you want...? sorry! I'll be around tomorrow morning from 8-12! That might be it for me tomorrow too though. lol

thxxx for a fun night though. you guys kept me entertained at work haha. ]
((Sure, I usually wake up around 9ish Mountain Time anyway. ))

Sparkly Bookworm

14,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
((I am a stay at home mommy, so I am always around. Night!! *Pokes Mel*))
(( *is poked* What was that for, woman?! >:0 ))
Scott moved his hand from her shoulder when she shrugged, sliding it across the top of her chest just beneath her neck, in a sort of head-lock hug. The other woman that he hadn't paid much mind to at first reached out to touch him. He gave her a look that would literally, physically hurt her. Not anything major, just a little mind trick; a look that would send a sudden, sharp, but very brief pain through the rear of her cranium, where the orbital muscles were. Her eyes would like pain and water and twitch for a few seconds. Just enough to distract her from touching him.

He tightened his noose-like grip on Ashley, feigning a hug. "Aww, do you know how old she is...?" he asked, slowly realizing that he didn't actually know the answer to that question. Twenty? Twenty-three? Twelve...? He glanced at the frightened girls face. It wasn't often that he actually caught her. She was a small, slippery little thing. Her adrenaline must have been running low.

"You don't know anything about her. Or me! Why are you treating me like a bad guy?" slowly, too slowly, he planted a soft kiss on the top of Ashley's head. "She's just a little spooked. It's scary out in the woods."
[ Haha, and as a stay at home mom you're always awake, too, right? lol
I'm on EST! It's 11:11 for me right now~
See you ladies and dude bro in the AM! ]
(( cya in the am ash~ ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items