Welcome to Gaia! ::

Can you remember where you were last night?

Nope! 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 9 ]
Why would I want to remember D: 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 9 ]
Nowhere intersting 0.079365079365079 7.9% [ 10 ]
GoClubGetDrunk 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 14 ]
You wouldn't want to know... 0.15873015873016 15.9% [ 20 ]
Do. Not. Want. 0.17460317460317 17.5% [ 22 ]
*confused* 0.063492063492063 6.3% [ 8 ]
Punch Up!! 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 6 ]
I always remember 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 18 ]
None of your business! 0.079365079365079 7.9% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 126 ]

Zi Yin has been quite bad. She didn't really have any excuses. The trouble with this young woman is that she can't really keep still. Stillness for too long tends to get to her a bit. To cut a long story short, the originally quick shopping trip resulted in a trip to another realm, and as these things tend to go, she found herself caught up in life that went on there.

She really should learn to say no, and just stop being such a busy body.

Ah well, it's in her nature, what can she do?

Her silver bells jingled calmly as she pulled back on the sliding glass doors of Last Night's Bar. She sighed contently as she set foot into the familiar surroundings of their haven, her sharp eyes glancing over decor the place. Indeed it felt a little too still; she was somewhat a little glad that it pretty much is as she left it and there were no big disasters to clean up. Zi Yin couldn't sense any of magic or otherwise that tend to linger within the Bar's atmosphere and from that she concluded that nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

She made her way briskly across the floor, moving towards the stairs. Sliding it open, she flung her cloak over the wall hook before moving upstairs to dust off. She noticed that the Bar had somehow been kept, so she assumed that either their employees or one of their guests had kindly been watching over. For that she was grateful.
How long it had been since she walked through the glass doors was anyone's guess but she knew what was intended to be a quick stroll around the city had turned into a travel of several months. It looked as though she was not the only one who had neglected the bar as she looked around the empty room. She sighed inwardly, thinking that this place really needed to get back going again.

She wondered what the others had been up to in her absence as well as the new faces she was possibly going to meet. That was the way life went most days, one day you're doing something you loved, the next you had to deal with everything life decided to throw at you and more.

She walked up to the counter and grabbed a strong drink, deciding to put her feet down for a moment before setting the place up once more. Her glance turned towards the fish, both in the large tank behind the bar as well as those in the bowls. She wondered where those fish had come from considering their flapping fins (though not quite with vitality as they used to), strongly intent on clinging onto life.

((I don't even know how long it's been but I think it's long overdue sweatdrop ))

Feral Zealot

It was obvious to Kiki that there were a few things she should have done before disappearing. First, probably tell someone. Second,.... probably tell someone in charge she'd be gone for the lords knew. Sighing as she walked down the side walk, the soft patter of rain against the umbrella making music in the otherwise silent background of her mind. I wonder if I'll still be on the roster, Kabuki thought as her blue eyes scanned around the area absently.

A few people stared at her in one of her rare attire of short-shorts, bra, stockings, heels, and random accessories. But it didn't bother Kiki liked the attention when she felt the need to dress in a marginally skimpy outfit. The katanas at her hips was another thing that she rarely allowed to be visible, though, thanks to her annoying little friend Chachie it's been her BFF.

"Oh the well," Kabuki murmured absently as she came to the doors of the bar. "At least he won't be around here often- if ever." Entering she took in a deep breath enjoying the familiar smell as and putting the umbrella in a bin near the door. Greeting a few custormers she glanced around with a smile. If anything, it was good to see people recognized her.
((LOL! This place does really need sweeping... I miss this somewhat...))
A familiar silver jingle sound signalled the return of one of the Bar's Mistresses. The frosted glass doors slid aside smoothly as she stepped close towards it. She paused in thought just before stepping through the threshold; perhaps she should get them automated...for some reason these doors seem to puzzle many.

God knows why though. It's only a sliding door. Not exactly astro physics really...

She casually moved her hand as she stepped onto the wooden laminated floors of the Bar and the doors slid silently shut behind her. She decided she would leave the doors as they are. It's amusing watching inanimate objects separate those with and without sense.

Throwing off her stole she moved easily towards the stairs leading to the upstairs. It always feels nostalgic to be back here.
Showered and refreshed, the young Mistress felt much better. She opened her wardrobe, taking a moment to let the light rose smell wash over her, before deciding on what to wear. It's been rather warm of late, so she settled on a light top of turquoise blue and a pair of pure white long gypsy trousers. Slipping into a pair of heels, she made her way back down to the bar.

Turning on the sound system, she turned her some light lounge music before switching on the water boilers.

No one makes tea like they do.
She opened the cupboards to find her jars of tea still sitting where she last left them. Carefully taking down the Earl Grey leaves she opened it, letting the first aromas of the tea leaves float over her. Moving to find the tea pot and her mug, she noticed the empty fishtank and made a mental note to replenish that.

She spooned a handful of leaves into the strainer in the pot before adding boiling water and replacing the pot lid. She set it down on a tray along with her mug, the pot of sugar and some milk before carrying it over to one of the arm chairs by the window of the Bar.

Sinking down into the softness of the chair she sighed. There really is nothing like a little peace and quiet, and a decent cup of tea.
By now his light golden hair had grown some, held back loosely in a scruffy pony tail. The white dress shirt, complete with rolled up sleeves and rumples from lack of ironing the top three buttons left open since they'd gone missing. Along with the simple black and white pinstripe vest and matching slacks. Walking along with a box on each shoulder and a very lazy cat on his head Joshua managed to open the back door and set down the load making sure to give his head a sudden nod.

"So glad to have your assistance old friend...", he smiled at Alliger with a scratch under the chin and pat on the head, "....what's that?"

He sniffed the air and the damn cat went on ahead slipping into the front.

"No pestering customers or I WILL let you starve!"

'Perhaps Miss.Kiki made it in again today', he wondered as he began to sort and place the contents of the boxes.

With a patter the cat pounced up into Yin's lap nuzzling her profusely with a great rumble of purring.
Zi Yin wasn't too bothered when she heard the back door open. Few people seem to be able to deal with the front door, let alone the back, so she automatically assumed it was friendly. From past experience "bad guys" don't seem to like doors, preferring to "appear" through something apparently dramatic. Like smoke. Or worse, liquid substance of some sort. Stains are just so hard to clean. (Zi Yin will never quite forgive a certain ex-staff who insisting on bleeding everywhere. It's a bar - hygiene please.)

She sighed then smiled as she sensed who it was. As she heard the quickened pattering of paws on floor she set down her mug and newspaper, sitting back just as the ball of fluff leapt into her lap. Zi Yin chuckled, crossing her legs casually as she sat back.

"Hello you, glad to see you too." She scratched it gently behind the ear. "Where's your master then?"
Gabriel moved toward the bar, he walked past it on occasion, tried to look through the frosted glass that customers always seemed to try and push on. He pressed his hands against the cool pane and gently felt it slip to the side. "Ooh. It's unlocked?" There was genuine surprise in his voice as he pushed it aside.

It had been a while, the male had had to pack up quickly after another "gift" was left at his door... Either way though, his stalker wouldn't be coming back as far as he knew...

Slowly though, he moved within the boundries, looking around inside. Recently, it seemed, people had been here. His green hair had now gone a deep blue colour as he walked toward the stage. That piano. He smiled lightly at that, the second F# key was a little too tight. That gave anything he did a certain character to it. He dropped the messenger bag and guitar to the floor before settling on the stool again. "I hope they don't mind." He murmured lightly.

The short male smiled a little, cracking his fingers. "For old times sake." He spoke softly before he began to play.
Putting everything in it's place and folding the boxes up Josh undid his ponytail and regathered it slicking his hair back, and tidying himself up some as he pushed through the two way door it thumping it self shut. Slinging a fresh cloth over his shoulder he leaned on the bar top and resumed cleaning glasses places them in their hanging places up top.

Noticing the kettle had been set up and brewed Josh finally glanced about, setting the glass down and hopping right over the bar. With a few steps he leaned on the table with on hand the other on his hip, his ankles crossed.

"Well now...just where have you been all this time Little Yin?", his fiend irritation was wholly undone by the smile on his face. When the piano began to play Alliger sat up and hopped off silently finding a seat beside Gabe his eyes fixcated on the young mans hands.

With a snicker he watched his pet scurry off before grabbing a chair and turning it around, taking a seat and resting his arms on the back; his chin on his wrists.

"Really though...how've you been?"
((A very warm welcome back to you both. Hope you've both been well. 3nodding I may be a little scarce due to work, but it seems that time of year when Gaian curiosity has come over me again xd ))

Just as she was about to get up, another familiar presence entered the Bar. Her silver bracelet jingled a warm tone as she sat back into the arm chair again and watched patiently as the talented young musician moved easily over to the piano and began to play with a relaxed ease.

Zi Yin picked up the handle of the tea pot and poured herself another cup of tea as the cat leapt off her lap towards Gabriel and Joshua strolled over to her. She certainly did miss (most of) the Bar's crew and customers. By the feel of their auras and presence, nothing much seemed to have changed about them, save their appearances. She liked to think that Last Night's Bar was a steady roof for those that know the place exists to come and rest, banter, catch-up - a break from the worlds beyond those frosted glass doors. At least for her and Sets anyway, it was the unchanging place where the only thing that was important was the quality of the food and drink.

As Joshua rested himself on the table and feigned annoyance, Zi Yin smiled. "Wherever the wind takes me. Honestly Josh, asking a question which you should already know the answer to."

She chuckled and took a sip of her tea. "It's lovely to see you, and also Gabriel." She raised her mug to him before carrying on. "I've been very well thank you. I didn't mean to wander off for as long as I did, but strange portals seem to be opening up everywhere nowadays... rather irresponsible really...but I guess times change..."

She paused a little. "It is nice to come back though. And you Josh? I trust you've been well?"
((Many thanks, apologies for not posting but exams have been keeping my stress levels at maximum. I still have a few in July, but I look forward to using this as a little break from reality.))

Gabriel smiled, suddenly caught off guard by the appearance of a feline at his side, his playing slowing a little as he watched the feline watching his nimble fingers gliding along the keys. "Hello there Kitty." He murmured lightly. His smile growing wider as he turned and noticed the two of them, chatting. He looked up and smiled, giving a meek wave to both before continuing his playing, quickly shifting to a happier song.
((Don't worry about it - I've been there, done that (and still doing it to a certain extent.) Use this place as a way to de-stress, Gaia was (and still is) a horrendous procrastination tool from studying, but in some ways it got my brain moving again having died from the boredom and sheer ****ness of exams.))

Zi Yin presently put down her mug back onto the tea tray and carried the lot back over to the Bar area where she refilled the tea pot. She fished another mug out of the cupboard and turned her head a little over her shoulder at Joshua. "Tea? Or coffee if you prefer." She trusted Joshua to know the Bar well enough to help himself to other drinks should he wish.

As she meandered about, the second pot of tea had brewed. She poured the tea into the mug she'd just got out of the cupboard and set it down onto a smaller tea tray along with a tea spoon, some milk and two lumps of sugar on a small saucer.

Carrying the tray she moved with ease over to the piano, where Gabriel played a rather chirpy tune, and set the mug down on a tea coaster on top of the piano along with the milk and sugar. This young gentleman never seem to say very much, and it was the Bar's policy to ask minimal questions, so Zi Yin was glad that at least he was comfortable at expressing himself through music.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff