Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Arianna looked at Sayne with a puzzled expression, not understanding what he was referring to. She was not aware of Jumana's abilities. Argene hadnt showed his yet. Jumana smiled at Sayne and cooed at him happily. So far she was content with being held by Sayne.

Eirian wasnt feeling very good, so she stayed in bed. The toilet was all splattered with blood she had vomited. She had felt a bit guilty for not cleaning up, but she just didnt feel up to that. So she just laid in her bed, buried in her blankets, falling asleep.

Dedicated Lunatic

"No, it's okay." Lucias could find out the results when he saw her next. There wasn't much use in bringing him down here at this point in time. He still seemed content to sulk and hide. And doubtless being around Riquozi would only rub salt in his wound. She hands fidgeted in her lap, extremely nervous for what might come. There were so many questions and worries in her mind that she couldn't even focus on a single one or push them away.

Riquozi watched Teshika's expression toward him morph from concern to relief, giving her a reassuring smile before he pulled his arm back and drank his tea. Looking at Osena of his cup, he was surprised when she said telling Lucias was not necessary. She must really want to branch out from her brother if she didn't want him to be at her side in a moment like this. She could get her sight back or be horribly disappointed. It seemed odd she did not want her brother there for comfort, but it didn't hurt his feelings any. Lucias probably wasn't ready to face Riquozi and pushing it wouldn't do anyone any good.

Sayne looked up at Arianna, noting the confusion on her face. "It would seem that Jumana has the same telepathic abilities that Eirian has. She decided to show me some of her memories." He gently played with Jumana's hands to keep her entertained. He couldn't lie, he liked babies even if they were a lot to handle.

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Arianna's eyes just about popped out of her head. She looked at Jumana with awe. Really, when would life stop surprising her?. She looked at Jumana and then at Argene with curiosity. Jumana was squealing with glee as Sayne played with her. Argene was simply absorbed playing with the gild band. Arianna pursed her lips for a few seconds and then sighed. She looked at Sayne and said 'Eirian's telepathy comes from her mother's side of the family. Though Eirian's abilities are more about communicating with people in their minds. She somehow taps into people's minds and speak to you through thoughts. She can also feel what another person is feeling when she has strong bonds to someone, like she did with her mother. Jumana's seem to be a bit different though that remains yet to be seen. Who knows what shell be able to do when she grows older? Isnt she a bit too young to be displaying her abilities? I thought they might be dormant until they grew older....'

Feral Gekko

Tess watched the angel squirm with nerves, worried now that she might be pushing something she should Tess sucked her bottom lip between her teeth worrying it a bit instead of wringing her hands like she wanted to.

"Mistress Osena, if you wanted to wait till you feel more ready we can do that too. I'm willing to try and answer any questions you may have. The potion is here it's not going anywhere now, you have time."

Not being able to stand still anymore Tess grabbed a rag from a shelf below the bar and began to wipe everything down, prepping it for a good polish. This action also distracted her from her urge to do nothing but sit in Riquozi's lap and tell everyone what was going on with them with a big sloppy grin on her face. Cleaning was a much better option, less of a chance she made a fool of herself.

↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠↠

Dedicated Lunatic

"Miss Arianna, I suspect you've already noticed that these little ones are far more aware of their surroundings than any normal infant." Normal by human standards, he supposed. Most Purgatory infants chose to grow and mature quickly to keep up with their curiosity. Many infants were fully grown within a year and were already battling the confusion caused by hormones and the pressures of the adult world. "It's likely that doctor engineered their minds to mature faster just as Eirian is the age of an infant but looks like a teenager." After all, what scientist enjoyed waiting to see results? The doctor most likely created Jumana and Argene in a similar way as he did Eirian. He wouldn't be surprised if they started rapidly growing aswell.

Riquozi didn't understand what all of this fuss was about. Either Osena did or didn't want to take the vial and test the potion Tess brought back. Watching both of the ladies fidget began to rub his nerves the wrong way. He pushed away the urge to snatch the rag out of Tess's hands and yank her into his lap so she would sit still for a moment. Instead he placed his hand on top of hers to pause her constant movement for long enough to look at him, then he patted his leg with his other hand, silently offering to let her sit down. "Miss Osena, I wouldn't overthink it so much. Either it works, or it doesn't." Mostly he wanted Tess to stop worrying over doing something wrong or offending someone. But something needed to be done soon before Osena or Teshika panic themselves sick.

"It's just that...Well I...." A million thoughts went through her head and not one gave excuse for why she was hesitating. And the more she thought about it, the more she thought about backing out. Riquozi was right. What use would thinking about it do? She couldn't predict the future. "I would like to try it now." Her sudden burst of courage made her voice sound stern and mean to her, so she instantly added a softer, "Please." She didn't want to sound selfish or ungrateful by sounding so harsh. She took another breath and forced herself to sit still for a moment, before placing her hands on the bar and turning her palms up.

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Arianna nodded and sighed, then said 'I suppose I keep forgetting that...theyre so fragile and innocent looking...' Then she looked at Jumana and Argene, then smiled 'Well, Argene looks more like a regular baby than Jumana does...Jumana has Silver's striking red eyes, while Argene has Jade's green eyes...though Jumana has her hair and Argene has his...'
Argene looked up at Arianna and cooed at her happily. Arianna's heart twisted for a moment as she thought of these two being used as guinea pigs. Her heart hurt for Eirian and her siblings. They would never have a real family, and they would never know their mother...and the thought of that monster using them for experiments made her blood boil.
'Im glad Silver killed that b*****d...I cannot bear to think what quality of life these children would have in the clutches of that mad man...sure, he was a genius. He knew how to manipulate their DNA and create them...but he didnt really know how they would come out. Each is their own person. For example, Eirian has advanced intelligence but has little social skills, and has a hard time dealing with emotions. Oh sure she can speak multiple languages but if I asked her whether she thought a boy was cute or if shed like to go party, she just gives me a look and ignores my question...'

Dedicated Lunatic

Sayne chuckled, though he might've laughed outright if he knew it wouldn't offend her. "Personality and sociability aren't traits acquired through genetic material. Light says Silver has the same temper as his father, but his temper is really from growing up being treated like a leper. And while Purgatory females are rumored to instinctively hate each other, most are hostile to other women because they lacked a mother figure and were pitted against each other in brothels. The doctor didn't make Eirian unsociable, she just hasn't had the chance to learn any social skills. Give her time and encouragement and perhaps someday she'll be as comfortable around others as much as the seasoned travellers that come through here, like yourself." He smiled at Arianna and gently set Jumana on the ground, letting the little one rest against his legs. His arm reached for his wine glass, raising it to his lips and smoothly downing what was left in the glass. Most older people were stubbornly stuck in their ways, but Eirian was young. Given a positive influence, Eirian would improve. He had already seen some improvement since she first appeared at the Keane Moon Inn.

Riquozi picked up the bottles from the counter, handing it to Osena before this thing could get opportunity to last any longer. He had no idea of the potion would work or not but there was little harm in trying. After all, there was a doctor over by the fireplace should he be needed.

Osena jumped a little bit when she felt the bottle in her hands. She mumbled a quiet "thank you" before her trembling hands began to fumble with the bottle trying to open it. Finally she found the cork and carefully wiggled it out of the bottle neck. She hesitated a moment before drinking the liquid until the bottle was empty and held the bottle in her lap. She sat in silence, holding her breath as she waited for something to happen. But the longer she waited, the more tears began to well in her eyes that still saw nothing but darkness.

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Argene started to get fuzzy and Arianna sighed. Eirian wasnt around to help her watch Jumana while she changed Argene, which reminded her she had to check on the teen. Arianna picked up Argene in her arms and said a bit embarrassed 'Master Sayne....would you mimd watching Jumana for a few minutes? I think Argene needs a diaper change...'
The baby boy was wriggling uncomfortably in her arms and seemed impatient.
Jumana looked up at Sayne and gave him a toothless smile, and cooed at him as she played with the golden band he had given her.

Eirian gums were hurting an awful lot and felt like they were pulsing. She felt feverish and burrowed even deeper into her blankets.

Dedicated Lunatic

"Of course." Sayne pulled little Jumana into his lap. He let her play with his arm band while he tickled her feet, encouraging her to kick and push against his hands to excercise her leg muscles. If she was going to be walking soon, she would need as much muscle strength as she could get; walking was no easy feat for a baby. He looked at the little girl's eyes, imagining those haunting eyes would give her some trouble when faced with strangers. Most people saw Silver's eyes and shuddered. At least she would have a brother to stand up for her.

After a long while Osena realized that nothing was going to happen. She wasn't meant to have her sight back. She felt a sadness so deep it made her feel hollow. She sadly smiled and stood up, setting the bottle and cork on the counter. "Oh well...Thank you Miss Tess for all of the trouble you went through for my sake. I can't tell you how much I truly appreciate it. Please excuse me, I'm going to go check on Lucias." She felt along the bar counter and found her way to the door, retreating to her room.

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Jumana giggled and squealed loudly as she squirmed in his lap and wriggled her feet and legs. She started to grab his shirt and tried to pull herself up on a standing position.

Arianna changed Argene's diaper and went to check on Eirian. Eirian was burning up and sweating, and whimpered softly as she looked up at Arianna.
'I dont feel very good' she whispered and closed her eyes. Her gums started pulsing again and she clamped her hands on her mouth, and groaned, then said 'Leave or I'll end up biting you...'
Arianna left the room concerned and wondered if Master Sayne or someone could help Eirian, so she headed downstairs.

Dedicated Lunatic

The child's giggle brought a warm smile to his face, the infant reminding him of raising Jakkino, Silver, and Sayori. He gently put his hands around Jumana's torso and lifted her to a standing position in his lap, holding on to allow her to bounce and kick as much as she pleased. She would need to handle balance a little better before she could would, but he had little doubt that she would be clinging to tables and chairs to get about on her own two feet before long. It was amazing, to see how fast little ones went from being helpless to successfully striving for independence. And little Jumana was lucky to have a brother to be with her every step of the way since she likely wouldn't be interacting with anyone her age. His crimson gaze shifted from Jumana to Arianna as she returned, noting the expression on her face. "Is something the matter?"

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
"Well...Eirian doesnt look so good...she looks sick...and told me to leave her be or shed attack me...shes acting strange..." Arianna said frowning a little.
Jumana was delighted to be standing and starting bouncing, working out her legs. Argene giggled as he saw her giggling and playing with Sayne. Argene started to reach for Sayne. Arinna noticed this and said half smiling 'Seems like youre the popular one today, Master Sayne'

Dedicated Lunatic

"She did walk in some time ago with blood all over her face." Perhaps Jade's vampire side was coming out, but she would have a hard time dealing with it like Silver struggled balancing his own curse. He stood up and gave Jumana a kiss on the cheek before handing her back to Arianna and touching Argene's hand to let him know he wasn't being ignored. Then he picked up his empty glass, set it in the sink, and reached under the bar for one of Silver's bottles. "This made Jade sick, but since Silver has a tolerance for it, perhaps she has some tolerance aswell." He figured Eirian might be going through withdrawal, because Silver acted very similarly when he was in danger of losing himself. He looked over to Arianna. "Shall we give it a try?"

4,050 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
Eirian nodded and said 'All right. It's worth a try...'. She grabbed the babies and followed Sayne upstairs. She stopped by her room and left the babies in their crib. Then she went back out, and went inside Eirian's room.
Eirian was coughing under her blankets when they came in.
'Arianna, I told you not come in!' She growled as she sat up and her fangs grew sharper, and red marks started to appear on her cheeks. Then she noticed Sayne, and for some reason, she felt ashamed of her state and the rage inside her, decreased considerably.

Dedicated Lunatic

Sayne followed Arianna out of the bar and up to Eirian's room, waiting for a moment for Arianna to put away the little ones in their crib. He stepped aside to let her open the door, though as she walked in, he moved to her side, then in front of her just in case Eirian had lost the ability to distinguish friend from sustenance. He kept his face calm, not having much reason to be angry or afraid of the child, especially when his very presence seemed to bring her aggression down. He walked toward her, standing in front of her as he opened the bottle, explaining. "I will tell you, this is blood. It does not matter where it came from. What does matter is that it may help you. But you must drink slowly, or there will be more mess in this room to clean up later and your condition will only worsen. Do you understand?" He held the bottle in front of her, offering it while being prepared to snatch it away should she get overambitious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff