Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sheppard stopped just outside the door and stepped back in.

"This man is hunting me. I would much rather be the hunter, not the hunted."

Dedicated Lunatic

"Ah. Well then, since you won't be here, I can look around and see what I can dig up." Sayne looked at the bottles behind the bar, taking down the bottle Light had just recently put away.
"Dig up about what?"

Sheppard looked at Sayne curiously. For the first time since meeting this man he was not tense, and his hand was not on a gun.

Dedicated Lunatic

"My subbordinate's behavior." Sayne closely examined the bottle. "We may be mentally connected, but she knows how to cut or dull that connection when she wants to. Or if something's amiss, she might not even be aware of it."
Sheppard lowered his head and walked back over to the bar. He then pulled his hat off and set it down. He took a seat at the bar and looked at Sayne.

"What do you need to know?"
The main door to the mansion opened abruptly. A wolf, larger than average and tipping the scales at one hundred eighty pounds, padded inside. Behind it walked a tall, proudly built man. He wore what appeared to be an expensive but comfortable coal gray Romani suit with dark tented glasses. He paused only long enough to glance around the main room before turning to his left and stepping toward the bar. The wolf found its own spot under one of the glass tables near the bar.

As he moved, one would be able to make out a few subtle but important details. The scar over the right side of his face was less subtle than the grin which twisted the corner of his lips or the way he kept his chin raised just enough to give off the impression of one who was in love with himself. His footfalls seemed lighter than a man of his size would suggest, which was even more significant since he wore the heavy boots one would expect to see on a soldier instead of the designer shoes of a man of stature.

Standing now in front of the bar, he pulled his glasses off and tucked them into a pocket on his jacket. He had fingerless black gloves on and his hair, cut short, was slicked back so as to be out of the way. With his glasses off anybody who looked could see his miss-matched eyes, the left blue/gray and the right a dull yellow. If one were to look closely they would be able to see a glint of metal from beneath his jacket from the items on his belt.

He glanced down the bar and raised his finger, wondering if there was anybody around who would tend to him. If there was not then he would have to serve himself.

Dedicated Lunatic

"Her growing fond of a creature of another race, let alone a human, is nothing new. However, it's strange that she's been sleeping so often and so peacefully by herself." He put the bottle back and took another bottle down, pouring its peach-colored contents into a wine glass. "Is there something you think I should know, or something you would like to ask me?"

"Can I get you something?" Sayne asked the man who just sat down, not looking up from his drink.
"Nothing that comes to mind. Is there something specific I can help you with?"

Sheppard cracks his neck and then slides his hands into his pockets.

Dedicated Lunatic

"Taka was relatively gentle last time, which is why I'm concerned." Sayne sipped his drink and looked at Sheppard.

Light dashed in and hopped over the counter, hiding behind it. She peeked over the edge of the counter, her vermillion eyes shifting about. Long-time break time!
He eyed the one who spoke to him, a male of mid age and fit build. The person had peculular red eyes that seemed far darker than they were because of the light. It wasn't so much a surprise - the newly arrived person knew he didn't have a monopoly on weird eye colors.

"A glass with ice and water; preferably with the water and the ice - and nothing else - inside the glass."

His tone, and the way his scarred eyebrow rose just slightly, suggested the extra instructions were needed lest the bartender get his simple order wrong. It also implied that the order was to be carried out without delay.
"Understandable. Hello Light."

Sheppard removed a small .22 Cal pistol from his right pocket. From his left pocket he pulled out a silencer. He began to screw the silencer onto the muzzle of the small pistol then he set it on the counter. He swung the FN2000 off his back and leaned it against the bar. Sheppard then slid his jacket off, exposing his muscular arms. He set his jacket on the chair and pulled his gloves up a little, making sure they were securely in place.

Dedicated Lunatic

Sayne made no attempt to move, only continued to sip his drink.

Before any conflict arose from the man's rudeness and Sayne's silent refusal to be belittled, Light stood up to her full height, which was not in itself that formidable. She poured the man a glass with ice in it, then set it down in front of him. I'd appreciate it if you were a little more polite to the people in here, as that man over there is not obligated to serve you, or even acknowledge your presence.
OOC: ON

Going AFK for food.

IC: ON

Damion's eyes fell upon the pistol and Sheppard set on the bar. The weapon itself surprised him not for the fact that it was there but for the fact that it was a mere twenty-two caliber. He gave it a mental shrug and figured anybody who used such a measly weapon had a good reason to do so. The FN2000 was also noticed and, although it was not a weapon he favored, he did respect it.

He didn't know why the guy was showing the pistol off, though.

A small statured woman rose from behind the counter and fixed his drink for him. This was perfectly timed as neither he nor the man who was being belittled had a chance to make asses out of themselves.

Turning his atteniton to the woman, he lifted the glass and drank from it before answering her.

"Then he and I have something in common. Although if a person responds to the summons of a customer in a place of business then he obligates himself to take orders. Anything else is... inane."

He inclined his head in a brief nod of thanks to her before turning away. There was a smirk on his face as he left the bar and found a table to himself.

Dedicated Lunatic

Light gave a short, feral growl as the man's back was turned, raising her hand to make a certain obscene gesture with her middle finger, moving forward slightly.

Before his subbordinate could raise her hand into view, Sayne grabbed her hand and pressed his opposite arm around her shoulders and chest, holding her back from anything foolish she might do.
Sheppard reached down and pulled up his right pants leg. The handle of a pistol stuck out of his boot a little and Sheppard gripped it tightly in his right hand. He removed the pistol from his boot and it was a black, silenced M9 service pistol. He pulled the slide back and let it go, chambering a round. He laid it next to the .22 and turned to face the newcomer.

"How about a little respect. We aren't asking for much sir."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces