Welcome to Gaia! ::

Weather Report: Cool autumn winds blow multi-colored leaves and the smell of apples and pumpkin spice down the streets of Durem.

. 1 100.0% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
Captain Bro-Cookie
Teague looked to the elf before looking up at the cat like woman."I suppose both of you are right. Even if it isn't about the history of this world, perhaps there are lessons to be learned in it. I will look it over a bit, but maybe only piece by piece. Last time I took in too much information I ended up with this splitting head ache and a ringing in my ears." The red headed teen stated before he tucked the Moon Elf history book with the other one beneath his arm. "Oh how rude of me, I have forgotten to introduce myself. I forget I have a name since I was only recently told it. Teague O'Connel at your service." Teague said politely before bowing to the both of them.

Iris looked over at Emira and gave her a smile and a wave. It was nice to have someone else help her to explain things. Iris dipped into a curtsy as she reintroduced herself to Teague. "And I am Iris Blackheart." She said with a smile. She knew some people had a hard time learning names.

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

^-^ Emira ^-^
The Feline Hangeyokai Beastmaster

Teague. It was the first time they'd been introduced. She had seen him for a little while in the shop though. Mostly sleeping. "Emira." She almost felt silly. The human surname she had been given had been dropped a long time ago. It was best not to connect herself with a moment of history. Still, she didn't have a last name to share now and it almost made her feel left out. Almost.

"Piece by piece would be a good idea. Even if you didn't get headaches." The Cat Girl told him. Headaches and ringing. Somehow, she felt like there had been someone in the shop who could help with that. Maybe she'd just heard some of it in passing. She didn't know why the thought came to her though. Just that it did.

Current Companions: Byakko, the White Tiger - Autumn, the Fey Panther

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image
*v* Yumi *v*
*v* The Shapeshifter of One-Thousand Forms *v*

"Strip... club?" Yumi asked, her face blank. She had no idea what stripping was. Or what a club was. The only thing she kind of knew was that somehow, those two words together equaled people being naked. That sort of thing happened when most of your life that you remembered was spent in a forest, and not in civilization.

Trash Smoker

"It is a pleasure to meet you both. Iris thank you for the book, and Emira thanks for the opinion. I suppose I should get to reading these, I am not going to get any younger." Teague said with a slight chuckle before walking back to the couch, he whistled an odd tune as he did.

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
Based oh how Yumi said the word it was clear she didn't understand. Melody turned crimson at the thought of explaining a strip club to Yumi so she said, "Don't worry about it. I was wrong. But perhaps I should come back earlier in the day."

------------------------------------------------

Iris smiled at Emira and Teague. "Happy reading." She said with a wave before nodding to Emira. "I hope i am actually helping people."

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image

^-^ Emira ^-^
The Feline Hangeyokai Beastmaster

"I wouldn't worry about it. Some things take time." Emira said in elvish, her head disappearing from overhead as she began watching over the shop again. Considering the teenager had some odd smelling guy (she couldn't exactly tell if he was human or not) watching him, and he seemed very insistent on it, there must have been something a bit more special about him she knew. She figured the specialness was more of a personal connection, rather than some sort of fate or destiny. She'd have to stick around and observe to figure that out though.

Current Companions: Byakko, the White Tiger - Autumn, the Fey Panther

Timid Shapeshifter

User Image
*v* Yumi *v*
*v* The Shapeshifter of One-Thousand Forms *v*

Yumi's blank look quickly changed into one was surprise. "But this place is always open, time of day doesn't matter!" She said, her face and general body language becoming very expressive. "Or a least, I've never seen it close." She added, calming down. She went from blank, to animated, to contemplative in little more than a minute.

Shadowy Rogue

7,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
((Sorry about vanishing last night, being up since 4:30am that morning, I fell asleep on my computer… v////v))

Having talked with the young woman for quite some time the previous night, Cas was in a much better mood this morning. Yes, she had been lied to for many years, made to believe stories that held no truth in them what-so-ever, but she would not let that diminish who she was and who she came to be by pushing herself this far. She was skilled with her hands, able to pick locks and craft things. She was skilled at being stealthy, and only was heard if she wanted to be heard. She was also very talented in the magical arts, although she preferred not to use higher-level magic, as it took a toll on her body if used for too long. These skills were not passed onto her, but learned from training she put her body through and the countless hours of mistakes it took to learn. Finding out she was created through the use of magic and some alchemy would not make her doubt herself any more; Hero helped her get through that problem.

However, when she left last night, she had completely forgotten about purchasing the maps that belonged to Lucian, so she found herself wandering back to King Solomon’s Mind. She would push open the door, her entrance marked by the jingle she had become accustomed to, her eyes glancing around as the woman wondered who was here at the moment; maybe some of her new friends were here. Friends, she thought to herself, I have friends now.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
User Image

The jingling of the bell startled Natalie awake, but the kids in her care slept right through it. She'd stayed up reading them old fairy tales until they'd fallen asleep, and then she had taken out her phone to give the Agency an update...and then she played Angry Birds until she found herself falling asleep too.

"What time is it?" she murmured, rubbing her eyes. And where's Ross? He was supposed to just pick up Lucy!

Shadowy Rogue

7,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Cas looked over and blinked, “Oh, I didn’t mean to wake you up Natalie…” she rubbed the back of her neck as she walked by some of the books, brushing her fingers along the spines gently. “But it is very peaceful here… I can see how you could fall asleep.” She looked to her with a light smile.

“It’s afternoon already, you must have been quite tired…”

Phantom

Olorin
User Image

The attic of Solomon's was typically a quiet, forgotten place. This was exactly why Olorin chose it as his destination when making a gateway to Solomon's. A vibrant blue spark would worm up from beneath the surface of the wooden floor, the writhing ribbon of light branched out to the walls to either side of the room. It created a web of light which slowly formed in the center an archway of blue flickering light. Solid beams of the blue energy formed pillars to either side of the arch where the space between them was bereft of light. The endless darkness of the hollow was quickly filled with the patient Olorin, standing casually with his hands in front of him while he chanted the necessary incantations for the spell. A moment later, his hands lowered to his sides and he promptly walked forward, right through the sinuous curtain which gave a glimpse of his study in the background and into the attic of Solomon's Mind. The floor creaked under him as he walked into the room, he flicked his wrist and in the air sprouted three small orbs of white light, hovering like slow moving wisps, they drifted lackadaisically through the air. He swept his hand through the gateway like one would when clearing spider webs, the gateway simply dissipated into darkness and the light was filled with white rather than blue light.

Satisfied with conditions of the attic, since he'd taken a little time to clean and straighten the room up, he made his way down the steps and into the more populated segment of the establishment. His amethyst eyes carefully gazed around the rooms, looking for things easy to overlook, things in which a wizard should be aware of. His long beard, picturesque of a wizard's was white as snow as was his hair. An old, slightly worn though no less stylish wide brim wizard cap was set crooked on his head, the point it held was bent and now pointed off to the side. It had been a token for Olorin, on all his adventures he had kept it, an achievement, he reckoned, considering his long history thus far. He wore brown robes, which among wizards, was the simple way to go as well as preferred. Though there was something to be said about a man skilled enough to go unnoticed, as a wizard oft need, in such vibrant robes like bard stories talked about. No, he preferred his simple robes, they were unassuming and besides sometimes he could get by with the senile old man routine, a stunt that never worked in flashy robes.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image
User Image

"Oh no, it's okay, Cas!" Natalie said reassuringly. "I'm just kinda worried about Ross now. He was supposed to be back last night. He asked me to watch the twins here while he went to pick up Lucy from her work, only he hasn't gotten back yet. Maybe he'll show up soon, though." But there's something just not right about this...

Olorin came down the stairs just then, and Natalie hadn't even been aware that he'd been upstairs at all. He might have come in while I was asleep. "Hiya!" she greeted with a smile and a wave. "What's up?"

Shadowy Rogue

7,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Cas had met Lucy on passing, but she had yet to really meet this Ross. She did not want to see Natalie worried, so she thought she might try to calm her mind. “Could they… maybe have stopped somewhere to talk and then ended up staying out? I mean… they could have forgotten to send word and be fine…” She chewed on her lip, not sure what she could really say to reassure the other woman.

She looked over to Olorin, blinking at the sudden appearance from upstairs. She nodded her head in greeting, before looking back to Natalie.

Phantom

Olorin
User Image

"Greetings, Natalie, how are you doing dear?" The old wizard had gentle, grandfatherly like disposition whenever he wasn't neck deep in mischief and trouble. He smiled, which exaggerated the wrinkles of his cheeks and eyes. He situated the wizard's cap on his head so that it would sit properly, all the while his old eyes looked around the room, though they did linger on Natalie while she spoke and he spoke to her, as was proper decorum for a wizard.

"Any new books or scrolls come in?" He added, an anxious glimmer in his eye, you never could know what might turn up. He enjoyed discovering new things, it kept him busy most of the time. His eyes shifted to Cas and with a warm smile and nod, he bid hello.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image
User Image

Natalie nodded, though she wasn't quite sure that it was really as simple as all that. "Yeah...maybe they decided to go out," she conceded. "I don't remember if I gave either one of them my cell phone number, so they wouldn't have had a way to call me personally if they were runnin' late." She frowned a little. "Still, though, you'd think they'd at least call the shop or somethin'..."

Natalie smiled to the wizard as he asked her how she was doing. "I'm doin' all right!" she said. "Well, got an impromptu babysittin' job here that turned into a sleepover, but I guess I can't complain. I don't know if there's any new books or scrolls in, though, since I kinda keep odd hours sometimes. But I bet there's somethin' new somewhere!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff