Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The hand flinched slightly at the yell, but it calmed down fast enough. Mat, on the other hand, stared a bit too wide-eyed for comfort. The stare only lasted a little bit longer though before he started to giggle at the whole thing. "Don't worry too much. It wasn't exactly..." Mat's voice seemed to trail off as he suddenly glanced at the entrance. He couldn't see the spot where people usually woke up, but he could see the desk. Khaotica was standing there, staring at the floor where someone would be asleep. Oddly, Mat didn't feel anyone there, but...maybe?

-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-

She was staring at someone, in fact. The rather odd man on the floor in front of her right now was still sleeping. Or, rather, he was just arriving. Khaotica hadn't ever actually observed an arrival before. Mat usually made it seem like they just suddenly appeared, but that didn't seem to be the case from what she could see. Then again, maybe she saw it differently? The man wasn't all there just yet, at least to her sight. Very...different. The Inn's Avatar simply watched as he arrived with a very introspective curiosity. She bent down, hands together behind her back, and stared at the man appearing before her.

He was larger than she remembered, but then again her memory was iffy concerning this one. Most of his...parts...were machine, rather than biological, and what was still biological seemed to be nothing but scar tissue. Hideous, as most would call it, but she didn't really seem to notice that aspect of him.

-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-_-~-

Mat watched in abject curiosity as Khaotica stared at the floor. Something was a bit off about the way she was staring; it was as though she was looking at something else entirely...

Aged Survivor

5,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Walt snorted awake at the silence around him, a stark contrast to the lullaby of gunpowder he had been brought into slumber by. As he opened his eyes and spotted the curious green girl, his eyes instantly wrinkled into a scowl. Walt rolled to his feet, servos and pistons whirring at the sudden movement. Silently, he cursed himself for letting his guard down, gloved hands flinging back the tails of his tattered brown duster as he stood, and snapping to holsters. He aimed a single-eyed steely gaze down her direction, fingers undulating slightly as he waited for her to make the first move.

((Yeah, short post, gimmie a break, stuff. Also, sorry for long delay.))

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The girl in front of Walt had an ageless quality about her, though she still looked younger than it suggested. Khaotica stood as the metal man did, but she didn't seem at all perturbed by the scars or steely-eyed gaze aimed her way. Actually, she seemed a bit more inquisitive than anything. Almost like she was asking what he was doing.

The elf stared in wonder. He'd had a number of people return to visit the Inn, but he least expected Walt to return. Of course, he didn't notice that his eyes were saucers, or that his jaw was hanging open, or that his arms dangled like limp noodles at his side, or that he was leaning over far more than he should have. That would bite him in the a**...right now actually. Suddenly he noticed that everything was sideways...

Eloquent Lunatic

I will rise into eternity...

)( *pokes the thread* o.o )(

...and eternity will crumble before me.

Aged Survivor

5,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The old hunter waited for a few brief moments before making a show of slowly moving his hands away form the holsters. His gut told him that she wasn't up to harming him, and he was slightly inclined to believe it. Slightly. He straightened up and took a breath, preparing some sort of speech or something when the dull thump of a red-headed innkeeper falling over hit what functioned for his ears. His human eye flicked to the area where the noise came form, and his whole body slackened slightly. If his face wasn't so covered, you'd see his jaw drop for a brief second. He recovered almost instantly, both eyes flickering his gaze between the girl in front of him and Matt.

"Hell, not this again."

((Still working out the rust.))

Eloquent Lunatic

Khaotica snickered as Mat fell over. Guess he didn't think Walt would ever just pop back into the Inn. She turned back to Walt and smiled at him. "Hello Walt. Welcome back to the Inn."

Mat jumped back up almost as fast as he fell, then bolted to the front to face Walt...while he was still in full armor. Oddly, he didn't look as though he even realized he was still wearing it. For a brief moment, the red-haired elf just stared at the mechanical man. Just a moment though. "I didn't figure you'd want to return to the Inn after you left the last time. Last I remember, we had to pretty much reset your entire nervous system. How's that working out, by the way?"

Eloquent Lunatic

I will rise into eternity...

)( btw, there is no more post ban. In case that wasn't obvious. xp )(

...and eternity will crumble before me.

Lonely Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
The distraction of a new guest suddenly arriving had Ukaia looking over. She blinked and then she smiled surprised

"Walt?" she said. she hadn't thought he'd ever come back either. He'd pretty much seemed to hate every last thing about the Khaotica last time he was there. She turned and smiled at Larin

"Larin, you should come greet Walt. I think you and him knew each other! He's back!" she said cheerfully. She turned back and took one step towards Walt to say hello

And the next thing she knew she was suddenly up high and in a completely different spot then she'd been just a second ago.

"Eeh?" She blinked, and after a moment she realized she was sitting on something metal and covered in leather. Ukaia was fairly sure they didn't have any chairs like that at the Inn. After another moment she realized that both Matt and Khaotica were in front of her and she stared at them confused.

"umm?" she blinked looking down, what was she sitting on? Puzzled she moved her skirt back a bit... only to see the top of Walt's head. She was sitting on his shoulders!!! How the hell had she gotten up here?

"Ah.. um... " she looked confused between Matt and Khaotica and down at the top of Walt's head. Finally she just leaned forward and looked at him upside down her green hair spilling to the side in it's braid.

"Um...Welcome back Walt... I have no idea... why i'm on your shoulders though..." she said sheepishly.

Interesting Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Larin also tailed out of the kitchen, setting timers and listening for sounds of upset food before leaving it to go meet someone she had never heard of before. 'Great, meet a new person who'll probably be terrified of me too...' She thought to herself, hanging her head and she got there to witness Uka's teleport skills. Poor thing really had no idea what was going on with her.

Ears drooping she started to glide gracefully cross the threshold closer to this "Walt." One could say she carried herself and walked like a Queen, especially in that deep green ball like gown without the ruffled pinned up backing. She looked for signs of discomfort, her red eyes searching as she watched Uka's reactions to her own powers that she still had no clue about.

Aged Survivor

5,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Walt was just about to dissuade Mat's thoughts about his desire to be here, when darkness and a sudden weight enveloped him. He clutched his hands as he resisted the urge to violently slam whomever had appeared on his shoulders. Know this place, it was probably some idiot kid who-

Walt automatically reached to to keep hold of his hat when the darkness was lifted over him. He glanced upwards to spot a familiar face, one that he hoped to never see again. His scowl deepened, a hint of anger appearing in his eye. He took Ukaia's legs and threw them up, unceremonious dumping her to the ground, uncaring of any injury caused. He spared a quick glance to the approaching... Anubite?

Walt's arms flinched towards his holsters, but he caught himself, forcing himself to relax. He gave her one scathing look, and then surveyed Mat and the green-haired girl.

"Goin' to the Kitchen. Figure I need enough whiskey to drown San Francisco." He growled in his gravelly voice.

With that he'd walk around the assembly, heading down the kitchen towards the delicious smelling kitchen.

Lonely Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
Ukaia beamed at Walt, though she still wasn't sure how she got up there. She'd have to ask Matt and Khaotica how she had ended up there on him. Well.. that was till she suddenly felt his hands on her legs.

"What ar--" she yelped as she was rather suddenly flipped like a table right off his shoulders and landed, very nearly on her head, on the floor with a grunt.

"...ow...." she coughed a bit from the floor blinking dazedly as he talked about whiskey. She wasn't really hurt, but it had knocked the breath out of her and left her a bit dazed.. he was bloody tall.. so that had been a drop for her.

"Good... to see ..you 'gain.. walt" she said waving a hand a bit from the floor.

Interesting Hunter

8,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Well most of that was certainly expected. All except for Uka beign tossed to the floor nonchalantly. Dude seemed really on edge and to think she might have been held at gun point as she noticed him reach for his weapon. Without knowing what else to think she bowed her head, ears pinning to their sides as she prayed the Inn or mat or Uka wouldn't let any harm come to her, but she wanted to make sure this man knew she meant no harm.

No one did in the Inn, right? Well none of the workers of course which is why they were deemed workers in the first place. Larin sighed when she heard the man speak about Whiskey. She would arrange anything that meant the man would ease up and not almost threaten her exsistence with a gun.
"I can help you with that...as long as Ukaia can continue to watch the food in the kitchen for just a moment. It should be fine, just make sure the pies and chicken and all isn't exploding.." She answered going towards the bar to fix the man up whatever he wanted..

Eloquent Lunatic

Both Khaotica and Mat bent over Ukaia, staring at her wondrously after Walt left to the kitchen. After all, neither had expected her to appear on top of him. Neither was sure she realized what just happened either. Well, she had to realize suddenly dropping to the floor of course. It was hard not to.

"Ukaia, can you tell me what you think just happened right there?" He asked like he already knew what had happened. He did of course, but it was quiz time. Ukaia had to learn at some point, and the ability latent in her was starting to spew forth without her realizing it. No better time than the present. Mat was also curious to see how well she worked under pressure; or rather, the lack there of.

Lonely Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
Ukaia looked up at Matt and Khaotica as they bent over her form on the floor. Could she explain how she'd ended up on Walt's shoulders?

"Ah..... I wanted to say hi.. and took a step... and.. next thing I knew I was sitting on his shoulders.. how did I do that?"she asked them. Nope she didn't exactly know how she'd gotten there.. nor flipped like a table.. but that part seemed to be all Walt. So she didn't really mind. Still. ..

"So.. what.. did I do?" she asked them from the floor.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff