Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image

Mat smirked a bit. "If it were only the bathroom, then yes. I know the look in your eyes. You have ideas upon ideas floating around your head and you want to act on them. They wouldn't happen to have anything to do with our new guest being ethereal, would it? I've been thinking about it myself. If you want, I could help out a bit. Maybe even help you set up your...working area." With Lynn being an employee, he was privy to a few things. The rooms he was familiar with, and in particular, when a room was changing. Lynn's had started changing about a minute ago, so she needed something...

Mat's eyes furrowed in thought. "We may not be able to use your room. It's currently in flux. Rooms here don't do that unless there's equipment involved that the Inn isn't familiar with. Depending on the complexity of each item, the room could take hours to rearrange and change the room to suit your needs. Might I ask what kind of equipment you need? I may be able to help the Inn fix it up quicker." Mat was sort of picking at straws with the idea altogether, but he had a hunch he was correct. He'd noticed when Mao had touched the handle to the door. He knew then, but Lynn wouldn't have been privy to that specifically. She knew though. Had to. Now, would she let Mat help?

Lonely Kitten

20,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
The warmth and stedy thrumming of Mat's heart was gone. Ukaia's eyes blinked open groggly and she found she was now burrowed up against a pillow. That was rather dissapointing. Sleeply she wondered if she'd fallen asleep on Mat at all... how long it had been.

Yawning wide and hard enough to nearly dislocate her jaw had her deciding she was not ready to be awake yet, Mat or no Mat she snuggled back up pulling a couple fuzzy blankets, and a stuffed fish to her chest and sighed. Content and warm and cozy once more Ukaia drifted back off to sleep purrring faintly.

Clean Nerd

4,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Name:_____ Lynn Riddle_____×××××××××
Race: Puppet

L o c a t i o n: Inn Khaotica
G o a l: N/A
F e e l i n g: Lost
T h o u g h t s: "....."

She turned her head away from him, looking down at the wall to her side. This was just like him to try and help someone in need. Lynn couldn't help but feel down about the strange twist Irony was about to play on him. Kindness was often rewarded, but to the fool goes the chance of misfortune.

"I need a laboratory. Equipment for mixing chemicals. A culture garden that connects to the lab. Various raw elements and a few plants that are fairly common place..... I also need your word that you keep this a secret between us. I also don't want you coming in without first asking, can you do that?" Lynn asked and then looked back up toward him.

Hopefully he would agree to respect her privacy at least a little. Some of the experiments and tests she would need to recreate again weren't exactly... Humane in a sense. "I don't mind having a partner...." Lynn said softly, as if much was at stake by letting him get so close to her.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image

He nodded and thought for a bit. "Alright, the room is set up fine for your 'experiments'. The thing is though, I'm not so sure that she'll need it. She is ethereal, yes, but she also opened the door. The doors can only be opened by something physical. Otherwise, she simply would have floated through the door. She may still be ethereal at her core, but the Inn is already providing her basic accommodations for this. I imagine it'd only be for her feet and hands by this time though. She hasn't been here long." Mat started to head in the direction of Lynn's room, beckoning her along.

"It wouldn't be permanent though, and only like a second skin. Maybe looking into a more permanent solution would be a good idea for her?" Guess work again. He wasn't entirely sure what Lynn wanted to do, but it was a possibility.

Clean Nerd

4,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Lynn turned her head slightly as he talked about Mao. How strange. Did he not know her at all? Perhaps Mat was just to kind for his own good, but Lynn wasn't like him. She walked by his side as they made there way to her room. She listened as he continued on about Mao and her laboratory. Lynn decided to let him finish before she corrected him.

"I'm glad that the Inn is taking care of Mao, but I have no intentions of trying to help that girl. While it is my job here to help her feel accommodated while she stays.... Her personal problems are none of my business. If she wants to be alive again then I hope she finds an answer, but I'm not going to hand her anything. If she wants to solve her problem then she needs to find the answer for herself. Part of living is learning, and no one learns anything if you just hand them all the answers." Lynn said to him as they walked.

Almost as if timed correctly they had just arrived at Lynn's room. "Also I want to keep my room the way it is. My workplace can't be here...." She said. There was no way such experiments could take place here, not in their room. She wanted to make sure it was just the way she left it...

Kashi Akiyoshi's Husband

Hallowed Bloodsucker

9,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
"Can you see me?.... Can you hear me?"

User Image

Name:Mao
Thoughts:"..."
Feeling:Confused

Mao had just stood there after Lynn had left the room, the was a first. Just how was she able to touch Mao on the head like that. She was confused by it because she was indeed a spirit someone that no one could see for year's and year's. She stood there for a while yet taking in the sight of the ocean, the sandy beach, the night sky with the big round moon and it's many tiny star's. After a while Mao left the room she tried for the knob of the door and her hand went through it so she walked right through the door. She decided to just wonder around the place now, she could go into any of the rooms that were pointed out and visit them to see what they were all about.

"I can see you.... I can hear you."

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image

Mat stood for a moment. Odd. What was it she was so concerned with then? "I see. Well, for the most part, your room is the same. One door was added inside which leads to your workplace. The Inn would have placed it elsewhere had it believed you'd wanted it. I can't change that. I can only help to stabilize it from where it stands. Your room hasn't changed, save for that door."

Mat was usually able to figure these things out quite easily, but Lynn was not a person you could figure out. In a sense, he enjoyed it, but being as he was it was also annoying. He resumed his walk and got to the door. "Your room has stabilized, but the new area is still fluxing. If you wish, I will help you to ensure the room works as you want it, and I will help you in any other way you'd like."

Clean Nerd

4,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Good. Things were going smoothly so far with his assistance... Though it was more like Khaotica's help than his own. However, there was still much she could do to make use of what Mat had to offer. Lynn opened the door to her room and walked inside until she spied the knew door. The door had many locks and was made from a smooth and cold looking metal. Hoping Mat would follow her she walked past her bed.... and a second bed that had remained untouched for quite some time. As Lynn stepped closer to the door the locks began to automatically turn and with a few shifting gears and clanking sounds the door began to open outwards towards them.

She didn't feel that there was time to waist admiring the fruits of Khaotica's labors. Lynn walked inside, her boots making clacking sounds on the smooth surface of the steel floor. She passed by beakers and test tubes, all filled and flowing with basic chemical compounds that were conveniently labeled on their containers. At the end of the laboratory there was an open field that was closed off by Daimorph's new and improved steel grade glass, a glass so hard and so sharp it could cut through steel like it was butter. The room was perfect. He could see the foliage he needed already growing inside the field of controlled climate filters. Next to the glass enclosure was a wall filled with seeds and various plant life in different stages of growth. Khaotica was indeed amazing.... What would have taken her years to put together was in front of her eyes in a matter of seconds. Perfect...

"Not bad....."

Lonely Kitten

20,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
Ukaia rolled over a bit yawning a little. She was finally able to wake up. She still felt tired, like she'd had quite a toll taken from her, emotionally and physically. But she wasn't sleepy anymore. Ukaia unburrowed from the blankets and then stumbled out of the bed tiredly rubbing her eyes.

"nnyh.." she mumbled to herself as she headed for the bathroom. Once she was showered and brushed her hair and teeth she felt marginally better. But still she felt quite a bit like she needed more rest. Ahh she knew, tiredly she headed for the door. She'd go to the flower field and crystals. She might go for a little swim in that lake. Eagerly she opened the door... and then blinked.. Just a wall.... nothing but.. a wall.

"Oh" She said quitetly looking at the wall. She put her hand to it and then sighed soflty. Gently she closed the door and headed for the hall. Mabye she'd just get a snack or something. She sighed rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Why am I so exausted.. I must have lost controll again or something" she muttered grumply and yawned tiredly rubbing her eyes again.Mabye after a snack she'd go back to sleep.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image

Mat applauded her will, but entering that early and while the process continued was rather dangerous. "Lynn, I understand your want to see the room, but it's still fluxing." As he said that the back half of the room changed itself entirely, rearranging the beakers, lab equipment and tables at the same time. "If you get caught in something like that, your body isn't going to survive, and there will be little I can do to fix it." A few coat hangers rearranged themselves again and a beaker flew around the room for a moment before setting itself on the wall. "And now we're both corrupting it..."

Clean Nerd

4,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Lynn looked back at Mat and as she did she noticed that the room was going from stable to vastly unstable in seconds. s**t... She quickly walked towards Mat who was standing closer to the exit than she was. Halfway there she noticed a beaker out of the corner of her eye fly towards her head. Lynn ducked and picked up the pace, making her way straight to Mat. Extending her arms forward Lynn pushed Mat backwards until they were out the door, quick words of "Out out out" as they both exited.

At that moment... Lynn could feel a pulse circulate through her entire body, it was just enough to catch her off guard, just enough to trip up her footwork. In a sloppy fashion as they exited the room Lynn's eyes widened as she felt the pulse and she tripped forward, knocking both herself and Mat down onto the ground. The door shut and sealed behind them.

What was that...?

Lynn began to pick herself up having now landed on the floor. However, she didn't remember the floor being so soft. Lifting her head up she had realized that when she had fallen Lynn had taken Mat down with her.... And now their faces were just centimeters away from touching noses. She could feel a second pulse go through her body as she stared the phoenix in the eyes, it was enough to take her breath away...

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image

The sudden rise in fluctuation actually enthralled Mat. The sudden change in everything due simply to him being near and Lynn just inside...Then he was promptly put on his back by Lynn. "Ow. Hey, are you alright?" He gently helped her up while pushing himself up as well. "That was a little ridiculous..."

Clean Nerd

4,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Ridiculous was right. Lynn took his hand and then started to pick herself up as he did the same. "Yeah your ri-" Lynn started to say before she was instantly in pain. The second her right hand grabbed hold of Mat's she felt it. Pulsing. Searing. Burning. Her insides felt like something was crawling through her.

Lynn clammed her eyes shut and let out a horrific scream. Her normal composure was all but lost now while she tried to subdue a pain unlike anything she'd felt before. Lynn stumbled backwards until she unknowingly fell back onto her bed. She couldn't help but take in a few deep gasping breathes as she screamed and clenched her right arm. Tears broke through her vaulted eyelids as the pain slowly started to spread from her hand to her lower arm. Lynn could feel it growing inside her, like cracks branching out trying to break her. She clenched her mouth shut to stop the drowning sound of her screams and her eyes slowly started to open.... But all she could see was fire.

Fire now filled her world, illusion or not.... As two giant silver eyes broke through the flames of her visions and gazed down at her. Fear filled her as she followed their vision to her arm that was changing in pigment in response to the pain that was traveling up her arm. Blood red was the color as she could see her skin start to crack, and from it her blood turned to fire. Lynn writhed and tilted her head back, her eye wide from shock and her mouth crying out a terrible cry of agony. A cry that put a crack to her pride and soul.

To Mat... Lynn would look almost normal, as if nothing was wrong at all. That didn't stop her from writhing around on her bed in a fit of insanity, her right arm all the while looking nothing but normal.

"Cut...." Lynn managed to get out in a tight voice, trying to hold back her pain as she gritted her teeth.

"Cut it off!" She screamed out, wanting nothing more than to be rid of this almost supernatural pain.

Lonely Kitten

20,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
Now that she had had a lovely snack of sardines and tuna with a slice of salmon between two peices of bread and a bit of cheese. Ukaia was feeling slightly better. She had a nice hot cup of green tea, and a bit of mochi to nibble on. She'd decided she'd go sit and gaze out at the stars for a bit.

"I don't normally do this so much" she muttered to herself, but then again she didn't normal loose controll of her feelings so often either, and yes twice so close together was often for her. Though it was odd how little she could remember of this last eppisode. Mat would have to tell her, she still felt an odd guilt thinking about it. Ukaia shook her head. She sat down on the floor and looked out the window smiling to herself. The stars, so pretty.

"I do love them " she murmmued as she sipped her tea, hot and slightly sweet with honey, and the mochi had lovely red bean paste in the center. Mmm this was bliss. Nice and relaxing calm and comforting. She just needed a fuzzy blanket wrapped around her. Perhaps next time. For now, she looked at the stars and sipped and nibbled. Content.

Clean Nerd

4,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
User Image

Name:_____Aririri_____×××××××××
Race: Magical Girl

G o a l: Capture that man...
F e e l i n g: Pumped up for a new ADVENTURE!
T h o u g h t s: "Oh Master my Master!"

The Inn Khaotica, a place of vast possibility. Home to some yet a refuge for all. Beings of all shapes, sizes, and from every corner of the universe all join together to explore their destinies in this one place. A new arch was about to begin for yet another newcomer.... A rather unusual one.

The air inside the Inn at the front desk started to become heavy, as if weighted down by some unseen force. Slowly it started to build, becoming more and more thick. As the air around the front desk became so filled with this unusual 'fullness', things began to float upwards like the air had been replaced with some kind of invisible liquid. Gradually the entire area started to sparkle. This was Magic. The Magic that was poring into the Inn's entrance was so dense that it was causing strange irregularities to occur. First the floating of objects, then the appearance of sparkling lights all around like glitter had filled the air, and then finally.... Like a whirlpool it all started to condense.

All the Magic in the room was being quickly drawn to the center of the room as if like a draining bathtub full of water. Sparkles and colors swirled together in every spectrum the human eye could conceive before forming a swirling ball of pure colors. By now all things that had started to float fell back down, and the glittering lights all surrounded the ball of colorful Magic that floated in the center of the Inn. Then suddenly, without warning the ball of Magic exploded out. Bubbles of different colors flew out in all directions and a young girl struck a fantastic pose were the Magic ball once resided.

The girl fell down and her shoes landed down on the hard floor of the Inn as she landed perfectly. The bubbles of changing color floated randomly around the room still as the girl made her extravagant entrance. She spun around first, ending her spin by striking both arms out to her sides. "Super Emissary of My All Mighty Master!" She shouted out passionately. She raised one hand high and the other down to the floor, slowly the young girl turned both arms like a circle in a clockwise motion until both her arms were crossed.

"Magical Girl Aririri, HAS ARRIVED!" She proclaimed proudly as all the bubbles in the room popped, shooting her hands out and striking a pose on one leg for all to see.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff