Welcome to Gaia! ::

Weather Poll: High 50's and Sunny. Light Breeze from the Neighboring Fields.

Reported 1 100.0% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 5 ]
1 2 >

User Image
Remedies & Potions Shoppe

After the success of King Solomon's Mind: Spellbook and Antique Shoppe, Ross Rahl, the owner set out to fill the many needs of Gaia. Noticing the lack of apothecaries and remedy shops, the idea hit him. "An Herbal Remedy Store!" And So started construction on a new business: "Herb's Herbs".

User Image

The name is a play on the shops key focus, to provide the top quality and selection in herbs, spices and other magical needs. Offering everything from herbs, candles, potions and even wands, Herb's Herbs allows any novice... or pro, cast spells like a Wizard of the First Order.

The Shop is located in the Northwest of Barton. As you walk down the street, you hear the hoof clicks of Nicolae's Pack-horse; as well, the faint music from Maestro as he plays. Located with an outside fireplace and kiln, the shop is able to receive the freshest water in Gaia from a small well next door.

User Image

We pride ourselves on knowledge of all things spell. We offer herbal cleansing, healing, or any other use of common but hard to find spell and potion ingredients. We hope you find what you need within our walls. Now take a deep breath as the scents of the fresh spices will the air.
User Image

As you enter the building a sign is set to great you. "Welcome to Herb's Herbs - Apothecary and Remedies." The sounds of crushing seeds and bubbling liquids can be heard.

User Image

Herb's Herbs is exactly what you would expect. Its a quaint shop with nooks and cubicles full of ingredients. We have bottles of fresh and dried herbs, walls of colored potions, and candles for spellcasting. Racks of flowered plants, and shelves of powdered spices, line all the walls.

User Image

In the center rests the counter. It is setup like an apothecary shop, while offering the opportunity to see your brew or blend made fresh. We will hand crush your mix and bag it in old fashioned sacks, or bottle any potion you require. The counter is set with mortar and pestles, which you may use to create any unique blend you want. We also offer cauldrons in the back, which you may use to bubble, bubble, toil and... well hopefully avoid trouble.

User Image

It may take a while to find the correct ingredients with our large stock. but we know we have all the items you will require to defend, destroy or heal anyone. We also hope our staff will be able to provide excellent services.

User Image
User Image

The rules are simple. You know the general laws of the land [Rules and Guidelines, Terms of Service, All Forum and Thread Rules]. But also Follow your moral compass. If you know its wrong, don't try it.

User Image

It is important to know that the whole building is warded with spells to prevent any murder within its walls. Injuries will happen, so we can't stop someone from being hurt, but nobody can die. Even a fatal blow is useless. Someone could literally cut off your head and you'd still be walking and talking with your head in your hands. Only three things have the power to kill within the building: "God", "Death", and Ross. We want to make you aware of this, so you won't bother to try.

While we know the temptation to tinker with our many ingredients is great, we ask that you refrain from just throwing items into a cauldron. We would not wish to blow the roof off the place, as funny as that might look to the citizens below.

If you are looking for a particular ingredient, please let us know. We have a large collection and do not always remember all the stock we keep. It may take some time, but we likely have it already or can assist you in locating it on Gaia. We do hope in the future to inventory some of the big name mixture to help customers in finding what they want.

User Image

Like all lands, we have time and weather. These generally do not instantly change, unless you're a god of weather. Granted if you are Thor, a freak thunderstorm may be present or if you're Chronos, we may experience a time skip. But for the most part we follow seasonal weather patterns and general calendar days. [I.E. cold, snowy winters, wet springs, hot summers, dry leavy falls, and follow basic global and Gaia holidays]. We offer a general outline in our Weather Poll, incase there is damaging flood rain or a blizzard, otherwise follow common sense. If its Autumn, note leaves on the ground. Or Spring may have frequent rain showers and you may enter soaking wet. For post continuity don't arrive in a snowstorm, if its a sunny summer day.

If you have read a book, you have seen basic narative style. Please attempt to use this method of semi-literate roleplaying. When in the midst of deep thought or when a change is needed to an action, please use proper "out of character" indicators. There are many options to pick from... (()), <<>>, OOC:, etc. This allows for logical reading between in character movements and a quick author's note. For in depth OoC communication, please use the following thread in Barton OOC.

One of the key rules to remember is that you are within Ross's domain. Within this building, he is god. Always keep this in mind. You may find powerful spells within the books on the shelves, but he has the magic to banish you from this shop forever. This overlord status will not be used unless needed to protect the shop and its patrons.

And finally, always mind the Golden Rule... Have Fun!
User Image

While the shop is only a few simple rooms, with mostly shelves and counters for creating the mixtures. Herb's Herbs does have a friendly and helpful staff. We stride to create the best blends and offer the best assistance possible. We hire trained and skilled sorcerers and witch doctors.

User Image

The Owner... and No, it's not Herb: Ross Rahl.

The Cashier... Bagging and Ringing Out Customers: Currently Open to New Hire

The Apothecary... Offering Healing Remedies: Currently Open to New Hire

The Witch Doctor... Providing Cleansing Magic: Currently Open to New Hire

The Sorcerer... Assisting with Things that go Boom!: Currently Open to New Hire

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

A familiar man walked in a familiar town, Durem. Currently he passed The Clocktower, or what use to be THE Clocktower. Back when him and his organization used it as a hideout. It brought back memories that Hartia kept suppressed, and he refused to restore them. A growing name had brought attention to him, Ross Rahl. He had been meaning to visit the man's shop for some time. When hearing of a new shop opening with the same owner, and in a department that was lacking, the Cambion decided to check out the new shop before the old, on opening day non the less. Dressed sharply in mostly black, the Cambion looked like some sort of Musketeer, especially with the Backsword sheathed to his left hip. His left hand resting on the basket hilt. Truthfully though, he was a Sorcerer extraordinaire, on a quest for power as he sought to become the Pendragon clan's first full fledged Warlock. However over a long life and living his sort of lifestyle, he clearly didn't adhere to the average attire of skill set of other Sorcerers. That would be partially because of his of the demonic blood running through his half breed veins, and partially because of his age, his experience. He had learned many things during his long life. And he had so much more to learn.

Arriving at the unsuspecting establishment, he eagerly entered, noticing that there was practically nobody there yet. Oh how he would love to be one of the first customers in the door. It was something he had never done before. Perhaps he would get some awesome prize for it!!! Doubtful. Without hesitation he pushed onward, his head turning as he slowed to a stop, his eyes scanning the shelves and walls at all the merchandise. Just to see what they had a a moments glance.

Angelic Hunter

The angel stepped forward and a mist of smoke bellowed from a bundle of dried leaves in his hand. It was a cloaking mist created by burning various plants. It had concealed him as he worked... allowing him to be unseen by windowshoppers prying eyes. Now that the place was open... he was ready to be seen.

He wore a plan white buttondown, which was offset by the black suspenders looped to his slacks. It was a vintage look... classoc and elegant. His nose shelved a pair of specticles. He smothered the lump of herbs and dropped them into a mortar and pestle. He would grind down the rest larer for use in other spells.

His eyes caught the man. He was dressed much as someone had pulled him from time. A nice ornate hilt rest on his back as a part of his attire. Ross ran an antique shop and bookstore. Among the items were many swords. He had contemplating opening a blacksmith and armory, as swords and blades intrieged him.

"Welcome to Herb's. I am Ross Rahl. You look like a man in need of some fixings."

He offered his hand as he stepped towards the man. He often shook hands as a warrior. Offering a grip of the forward in a hardly embrace and shake.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image Natalie was on her lunch break at work, so after eating a sandwich she'd brought from home, she decided to take a walk from the Barton News Service building to some of the other buildings in town. She'd heard about an herb shop in town and decided to check it out, since she could always use some home remedies. There seemed to be a lot of injuries around her building, so maybe a home remedy would work for the guests who had problems taking traditional medicines.

"Anybody home?" she called out cheerfully. And she did a slight double-take when she saw who the proprietor was! "Ross? Boy, do you get around!"

((Gotta go to bed now, but I'll be back tomorrow afternoon after work! ^^))

Angelic Hunter

Ross quickly turned from the newcomer. It was his friend in hiding. He now could pick her out of a line up. He remembered to avoid her name, unsure if this far from Durem if it was safe. He snagged a small basket from the counter and handed it to the woman.

"Yes. This is one of my newest ventures. Welcome to Herb's Herbs... also joking known as Herb's Squared."

He walked the walls of the small shop. It was noticable smaller than Solomon's, but the auroma of tbe fresh plants was almost intoxicating.

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

"Indeed I am."

T
he Cambion replied in a jovial manner. His emerald eyes settling on Ross as his lips curled into a sadistic Cheshire grin. With a slight bow, he would show some respect.

"I am Lord Hartia Raye Pendragon, The First, of The Island of Golden Sun."

H
e introduced himself formally before standing straight up again, his right hand extending as he got close enough to shake the man's hand. Even with the issuance of his name, one couldn't be 100% sure he was a man. Being a beautiful man was hard to pull off, but he did mediocre. The metrosexual Cambion boasting feminine features only due to his heritage. His voice was like venomous honey, dripping from his fanged teeth. A slight rasp to his tone from his smoking habit, though he lacked bass. Removing his hat from his head, he casually discarded it, only for it to vanish into thin air. Adjusting his vest he smoothed it out. After all, a woman had entered. He had to look presentable, and remove his hat as a gentleman would. He wasn't trying to be strict about his manners until she entered. Though he could only pretend he was as good willed as this for so long. He was not evil by any means, though he wasn't good either.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image Natalie smiled at Ross. She knew he was being careful to avoid using her name even though she hadn't disguised herself this time. She could use her parlor trick to disguise herself at any time, but she also figured that the fae, not to mention the mob boss in Gambino, who were after her would consider it MORE suspicious if Natalie Pierce was nowhere to be found, rather than still seeing her on occasion. She had to keep up her normal routines, but at the same time, she was ready to bolt if she needed to. And I don't think my next disguise will include high heels!

"I like the name!" she said with a laugh. "It's very catchy! Anyway...I decided to pop in on my lunch break from work because I was interested in learnin' how to make home remedies, namely for injuries. My building is kind of a crazy place sometimes. There are days when I would swear that people mistake it for a dive bar! So we've had puncture wounds, scratches, broken bones here and there...little bit of everything." She instinctively flexed the fingers on her left hand, as the last bone break that had happened in Natalie's building was a "gift" from Karen to Natalie. Natalie was a fast healer by nature, but that broken wrist had hurt for almost two weeks before finally healing, and she was used to things going a little faster.

Meanwhile, she smiled and waved at the other customer in the shop, a gentleman with a slightly-raspy tenor voice, an impeccably kept outfit...and fangs. And an ever-so-slightly sinister bearing. Lord Hartia Raye Pendragon...gonna have to look up that name when I get the chance!

Angelic Hunter

The man spun around from his pacing tbe wall of herbs. He had become lost in thought and the earthy aroma of all the flora was intoxicating. He felt a level of calm here... away from Durem and the stress of having to movie from the rubble of Halloweentown. The angel fixed his suspenders a bit and tucked his shirt a bit to straighten himself out. He had been so busy, he had forgotten his manners and appearance. As the owner he had a level of decorum to uphold.

"Another important person. I must be blessed to have such luck."

The words were ernest, with no sarcasm. He had already been approached on behalf of a queen. Now a lord... and so soon after opening.

"What brings you this far from the coast?"

Ross knew the ocean extended off the northern coast of Gaia and extended for what felt like forever. The seas were filled with monsters and threats... but those who made it found the promise land of far off kingdomsand paradises.

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

He nodded to the woman with gratitude, though neither of them seemed respectful enough to return the favor of properly introducing themselves. Ignoring the annoyance he felt, he would lightly clear his throat.

"Let's see...Potions, Elixers, Antidotes...Perhaps it would be easier to ask you, what sort of combat supplements do you carry? Or do you carry them at all?"

T
his was his initial quest, though the woman seemed to have a good reason to be here. Hartia could heal himself through Mitokinesis, though to mend others was something he simply wasn't adept with. By item or skill. He normally was the one maiming, sometimes killing. crossing his arms over his chest, he stood as if to lean on an invisible wall.

Angelic Hunter

The question took him aback. He looked at the wall of bottles, jars and flasks. The man seemed on a mission, a clear and direct path. He scanned the labels. This emmense knowledge allowed him to know most of them by appearance... he could point out roots and plants like a scoutmaster on retreat. He remained puzzled after a minute of trying to desect the inquiry.

"What kind of combat supplements? Are we talking energy boosts, stamina maybe? Or something to amplify or reproduce a power? Healing factors... Maybe you wish for super soldier qualities?"

The last one was a bit of a mockery. Nobody had successfully reproduced the serum... But it was a legitimate question. The man wanted something in particular and hoped he would come out and say it.

Kallistiae's Wife

Fashionable Consumer

The Cambion giggled at the last one. Super soldier serum.

"Honestly sir, I seek all of the above. I seek whatever it is you have."

H
e mused into a sadistic cackle, quickly regaining his composure as a hand raised to his mouth as a security blanket that his mouth was shut. It was like a demonic hyena stood before the two.

"If you must have a preference out of me, most important is energy boosters. My prowess is mighty enough on it's own, though sometimes I find my self coming up short. Any sort of physical enhancement potions would be nice too. Temporary enhancements to strength or speed. Ultimately, I still need to know all considered battle potions you might carry. If you are lacking such goods, perhaps you have the ingredients and just haven't learned to make these things yet. I myself am a Sorcerer, but my knowledge of Alchemy is mediocre at best."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff