Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Risk-Taker

The creaking of the tavern doors jarred Rot from his little nap on a couch. Sitting up abruptly he cast his blue eyes over the bar and was surprised to see someone new had entered. Brushing the creases and wrinkles out of his clothes he stood and stretched before smiling and waving to the newcomer.

"Good evening, my dear, welcome to the Haven's Night," he spoke, clearing his throat only once as he gestured to the establishment. "It's nice to see a new face after a while. My name is Rot, at your service."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

She seemed almost startled at the voice, her body jumping slightly at the sound of another. Another flash of green as her gaze peeked under the hood at the man now speaking to her. "H-hello, thanks-I'm just gonna go s-sit over there."

She scurried along, her wispy legs hurriedly carrying her to a table over in the corner of the room. Her brilliant white clothing revealed no stains, no dirt from her travels. The cartoon cat shaped bag hung from her shoulder, decorated with bright buttons and little cute trinkets. Once she found an appropriate place to sit, far away from any crowds that might enter, she plopped down into the chair, pushing it out slightly from the table. Her sitting position and the table were now a couple of feet away, creating an uncomfortable position for a normal person.

Lucky Risk-Taker

The man's head tilted slightly at the girl's reaction. Perhaps he should practice some volume control, that was a rather out of the blue introduction. Keeping the friendly smile on his scarred face, Rot rubbed the back of his head and walked towards the bar. When he saw the way she was seated his head tilted again and he silently wished Om or Alma were here with him.

After a few silent seconds he asked, "Would you like something to drink? I'm not really a bartender but I'm sure Bobbie wouldn't mind if I played the role." He chuckled, trying to break the awkwardness that hung over the bar. "Did you just set out from home? You look as if you haven't traveled very far..."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

The girl shook her head, rocking it back and forth to get the hood to fall off from the back of her head. Instantly two little black cat ears plucked up, long blonde tied twin tails bounced out from the cramped hood she had worn.

As she turned towards the man, trying his best to be friendly to her, her cheeks flushed with a bright red. Her brilliant emerald eyes sparkled from the sun's light peeking through the windows. "I-I'd love some ice water please... oh and i-if it's not too much bother could you bring me the lightest glass you have."

The girl was obviously young, it would explain her size and temperament. "A cafe... I lived at a cafe but I ha-had to leave because of someone."

Lucky Risk-Taker

Rot was starting to get a better idea of the girl as she shook her hood off. Upon seeing the cat ears he chuckled to himself, knowing how his sister would happily hug the new girl for being so cute. "Of course, my dear," he said.

Before setting the water glass down he moved the table closer to the girl and placed a straw in the glass, setting the drink on the table. "There you go, one ice water. If I may ask, are you alright? I don't mean your reasons for leaving, that's none of my business." He had an inkling but did not want to be rude and ask flat out; he knew very well how difficult life without arms can be.

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

The girl couldn't help but stare at the glass as the man plopped the straw down into the water. Her features were obvious but she had become used to people completely ignoring it, acting as if she was normal and expect her to behave like it. "Th-thank you." She couldn't hide the growing smile forming across her face

She could feel her body relax, the tension clearly leaving her as she sipped the cool water through the straw. With a refreshing sigh she turned towards the man, "My name is Sanya, Sanya Litvyak and I'm fine. Just had to get away for awhile, thanks for your hospitality."

Lucky Risk-Taker

Rot felt the tension in the room ease and his smiled brightened a little as well. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Sanya," he spoke warmly, bowing in greeting but pausing when a muted crack came from somewhere near the left elbow and locked the arm in place. Feeling a slight flush on his face, Rot quickly popped the entire arm off at the shoulder and placed it on a nearby stool like it was the most normal thing in the world

"You'll find this establishment a welcome retreat after your travels," he continued without a hitch. "While they are absent I can assure you that the staff here are some of the friendliest and most helpful folks around."

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Still sipping the cool water, her eyes had wandered over to the man after she heard a faint cracking noise. She watched him remove his arm and place it away from it. Her emerald eyes grew large but another smile formed on her face. It wasn't from the fact the man had just removed his arm, she smiled at the fact that the two strangers suddenly shared a similar bond from living life with similar hardships.

What a sight, a man standing there with his left arm sitting idly by on a stool and Sanya, awkwardly hunched over sipping from a straw. "That's nice to hear... I haven't been very welcome in some places. Um, could I ask another question-" Her eyes fell upon the man's removed arm, "Do you guys have cake?"

((I'm sorry but it's really late for me now, thanks for RPing with me! I decided to stop by, I talk to Mister Pyro occasionally and he speaks very highly of this place! Sorry to pause it on you here but it's hard to even keep my eyes open right now. whee See you soon?))

Lucky Risk-Taker

((Edit))

Leaning back against a couch, Rot nodded sympathetically. "It's sad but that is quite true," he agreed. "Some of the tenants, including myself have been outcasts in one way or another." At her next question he faltered, honest curiosity dawning on his face. "You know... I'm not sure. I'll go have a quick look, the pantry is one place I've yet to explore."

((Not a problem! This is a wonderful hangout and it's always nice to have newcomers. ^^ I'm usually on in the mornings, we can pick up then if you'd like. Have a nice night!))

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

((I'm not sure how you guys do it here, my usual RP place we take it day by day and rarely continue stories through multiple days. Basically when someone leaves for the day we would retire our characters to their rooms or something like that but I'm going to continue on because I'm not sure.))

"O-ok thank you, any flavor... as long as it's sweet please." The man's words about outcasts slightly comforted her and it showed as the tension in her face seemed to ease up. At the same time it worried her, would everyone be as friendly and accepting.

She allowed the friendly attendant to go about his business while she continued to sip from the glass of water, occasionally allowing her eyes to wander about taking in the scenery around her.

Lucky Risk-Taker

((Ah, I try the same but I work at night so my posts are often solos if no one else is on. I'll wrap my character on this story for now. Hopefully we can RP in earnest soon!)

With a smile and nod Rot began his search for something sweet for Sanya. Mere seconds after departing, two fuzzy little paws lifted an equally fuzzy teddy head over the surface of the table to look at the girl. "Nahm?" he growled softly, almost quizzically as he heft himself onto the table, waving in greeting. The bear was little more than ten inches tall with a grinning mouth like a bear trap and red eyes. A muted clatter from the pantry made the bear turn and sit up before reaching into his own mouth and withdrawing a perfect miniature white cake topped with a strawberry, complete with plate and fork.

He set them on the table just as Rot peered back into the bar and smirked. "Ah, allow me to introduce Om," he said with a smile, retrieving a room key from behind the bar as he went. "He's friendly, helpful and had a habit of producing any item from his stomach." Placing the key beside the bear, the scarred man picked up his discarded arm. "I must apologize but I've gotta see my doctor about this. Om can help you find your room, should you wish to stay and rest." Bowing once more. "I wish you a pleasant evening, my dear."

Amateur Knight

8,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
♋﹃﹄♎
Claws dug into the dirt as an old pair stalked to the Tavern. A glowing star upon the back of a medium sized black dragon with a strange collar wrapped about it's neck. Red eyes beaming forth, a rather saddened frown upon it's maw. "it's been a couple months now and still no answer from the guy." it growled as the star simply shimmered upon it's back. "I still have hope we will see him once more Shadow. I am not fond of the idea that he lingers in that accursed place but...it was his choice.." The star's voice deep yet smooth, like a regal. The dragon's gruff with a sense of youth. Pushing the doors open with it's head Shadow entered the main floor as it's red eyes searched about. "Same old same old with this place." it growled before making it's way over to the fire, curling up as it stared at the burning wood.
♎﹃﹄♋

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

Sanya sat staring, mostly confused and slightly disgusted. Leaning back slightly, her eyes ran over the bear thing in an attempt to figure it out. "Um..." She watched as it easily pulled out whole food from it's mouth, the action adding to the confusion currently displayed across her face.

With a furrowed brow she nervously bit the skin on her lip, not sure how to approach the creature in front of her. "You... you just enjoy that...good...dog...thing. Why am I speaking to a dog. Is it a dog? Looks like a bear, baby bear?"

Just then she heard the main entrance swing to life as another patron entered the establishment. Her emerald eyes swayed slowly over to the character, nervously she attempted to greet them, "H-hello ther-" Quickly she snapped her had back forward, staring at the little creature eating cake in front of her. Her cheeks reddened and her eyes were large as saucers, her body shivered as it walked behind her. "Gaaah... something here is going to eat me, I just know it."

Amateur Knight

8,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
♋﹃﹄♎
((Chances of being eaten usually run around 70-65%. But on special days that percentage raises to a grand 99.9% chance! With the 100% chance it's a Red Shirt that gets eaten instead! Always carry a red shirt with you at all times so that way you don't eaten they do instead! My way of saying welcome ^^))

Shadow's head lifted as his nostrils twitched to the new scent. "New face huh?" it growled as it sized her up. Shine, the star that was attached to the dragon's back shimmered brightly as the dragon rose from it's spot. "Ah it's quite nice to see meet a new patron. Good evening Ms. I am Shine, and this is my companion Shadow." The star introduced as the dragon moved closer to the girl. Red eyes locked on her emerald hues. Stopping shy of a few inches the dragon was roughly taller then her with it's wings folded up. The star a light blue with a tint of yellow along it's edges.

Sniffing up the girl it continued to growl for a moment before settling down. "Don't mind him he's been rather edgy as of late." Shine apologized while Shadow craned it's neck. it's eyes soon noticing Nahm. Well at least there was one familiar face.
♎﹃﹄♋

Benevolent Cutie-Pie

((Thanks, I think. whee ))

It was no use attempting to listen to the star speaking her, Sanya's body has froze up when she realized the dragon like creature was approaching her. It's growl sent shivers down her back, it's breath was warm on her skin but the fear made her feel only cold. She didn't move, barely turning her head to acknowledge the friendly speaking symbol on the creature.

She clenched her eyes, hiding away the shimmering emeralds, mumbling to herself, "It's a nightmare, has to be, something happened, maybe you fell and hit your head at the cafe. Little bear thing just threw up cake and ate it and now a dragon is talking to you and will possibly eat you. Wake up Saaannnyaaa... wake up! And... wake up! Up the wake!"

Slowly, she opened them but her shoulders hunched down in disappointment. The little bear thing was clearly still sitting on the table looking back at her and she could clearly tell the dragon thing was still standing next to her. Something was trying to converse with her, greet her but she only managed to timidly squeak out- "Ah..ha... please don't eat me."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff