Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Seeker

Arden had taken a seat as the lady had wandered into the dark corridor. When she came back out so abruptly it had certainly gotten his attention. Lifting his gaze over her rouge hair and blue eyes he let it shift to her hand and then back on her. So, it was rather obvious she was looking for someone... He shrugged his shoulders back and turned off the device in his pocket.

"Sorry, I just got here myself." He replied, pulling the buds from his ears. "I don't suppose you know any of the usuals here, then?"

Romantic Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
"Darn..." she mumbled as she sat down with the man. Continuing to tap her lip in thought she paused for a bit before realizing he asked her a question and snapped out of it.

"Oh! No I don't know anybody here. I just came in for the first time looking for my little brother." she said with a sigh as she leaned on the table. It had been so many years since she had seen him. How long has it been....fifty years? The boy had no doubt changed in appearance, hopefully she could recognize him. "I hope he's okay."

Dapper Seeker

Arden leaned back, tasting the bitter pepper caress of the gum against his tongue. He tried hard not to shudder and instead focused on his companion as she took a seat. Parking the gum on the side of his cheek he spoke, lowering his voice and relaxing his shoulders.

"Hey, hey, hey... I'm sure if he's gotten a little bigger than what you showed me before the tike's prolly doin' alright, eh? Come on now, do you need me to help look for him? When's the last time you've seen him? He does have someone lookin' after him, right?" Arden's questions were plenty at the moment, keen to help her if he could.

Romantic Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
"Oh if you could help find him that would be wonderful." Smiling as the man tried to comfort her she let out another sigh as she scanned the room. Why did her brother spend time in a wooden building and how was this place still standing? Their kind and wood never really mixed all that well.

"Last I saw him was at our home....before he got in an argument with our parents and ran away." she said with a sad smile as a few tears ran down her face. Letting out a little chuckle she continued. "They always fought, over everything. But my parents did love my brother, so yeah they sent someone to watch over him....but I don't like how he works or him for that matter." she said with a pout as she remembered the walking corpse. "So I'm gunna take my brother back home...so that man wont need to watch over him any longer."

Dapper Seeker

Perking a brow, Arden let his eyes wander for a moment. A tavern. A tavern that served booze and...from the looks of things had bedrooms upstairs. He'd been to taverns before. He'd seen the ladies that gathered just outside the front door. This place...seemed a little more high class that the ones he was used to, but...

"I'd have to agree with you on that. A tavern isn't exactly a place for a kid. So you haven't seen him in a while... You know."

Arden leaned forward, bringing his hands onto the table.

"How do you know he's here?"

Romantic Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Raising her hand to her mouth the woman gasped after the man brought up the fact that a tavern was not the place for a kid. "Oh dear!" She hadn't even thought of that! What if her dear little brother got into some drinks that he really shouldn't have and got intoxicated and hooked up with the wrong kind of people! ((XD))

Biting her lip the woman continued to worry over her brother, even as the man asked her another question. His question made her bight her lip harder. "I've been....asking around the towns nearby and from the rumors it sounded like he was around this area." she said hesitantly at first. This wasn't exactly a lie, she did ask around for her brother. Though she mainly tracked him by scent, bt she wasn't about to go around telling people that. She needed or more so wanted to keep up the image that she was human.

Dapper Seeker

"Uh...Uhuh."

Arden looked over the lady before him, frowning. She had to have been quite the tracker, or...

"Your brother a trouble maker or something? I don't mean to be rude, but that's pretty amazing for someone to know about a kid his age being around a city like this." Something else caught his attention a moment and the brunette brought his hand up and across the table.

"I'm Arden, by the way. I suppose if I'm going to help you look the least I could do is introduce myself."

Romantic Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Scratching the back of her head she laughed nervously as he asked if her brother was a trouble maker. "Y..yeah he kinda is, bu but he's a good kid at heart." she pleaded as she held her hand over her heart. She knew her brother wasn't all right in the head but the stories that she heard of her brother were not very pleasant and sounded utterly horrific. She needed to take him away from all this mess and set him straight.

"It's nice to meet you Arden, I'm Nuri by the way and thank you for being willing to help. None of the townsfolk wanted to help me find Blaise."

Dapper Seeker

"It's quite alright, really Nuri." Arden replied, flashing a smile her way. Straightening his sunglasses he peered up and toward the second floor, the gears in his head beginning to turn. "I suppose then we should start our search with the rooms. If we can just get someone in here who actually works at the establishment."

His head dropped, as did his gaze.

"I'd rather hate to disrupt the business with an unauthorized search of the rooms. Been there. Done that. Wasn't a very pleasant experience, what have you."

Looking beyond the redhead a moment he eyed the dark corridor.

"Did you find anything in there, by chance? Any clues?"

Romantic Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hearing Arden's suggestion that they should search the rooms and mention the workers she nodded. Where was everyone that worked here? How the heck did this place stay in budget when no one was here to serve them?

As for what she found back in that dark hallway she shrugged. "There was this weird door without a handle....it wouldn't budge either no matter how hard I pushed it." she said with a slight frown. That was the door Blaise was behind too, she just knew he was.

Dapper Seeker

"Agh."

Arden grabbed at his head and ran his fingers through his hair. It was one of those places, eh? Wasn't there any sort of calm, normal environment he could whisk himself off to? One not filled to the brim with...

"Magic." He growled. "I shoulda known. Place is probably filled with it, even here. No wonder its so quiet. I bet it has its usuals that come around at certain times or somethin'. Well, I guess for now we best play the waitin' game. Figure out who to talk to when someone pokes up their head."

Romantic Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Tilting her head she leaned towards the man curiously. "What's wrong with magic Arden? Do you not like it?" she asked with a few blinks. She was fairly good at magic and used it quite often...hopefully he wouldn't hate her for it.

"S...so what are we gunna do while we wait for somebody?" she asked as she scanned the room. How long were they going to have to wait? Would they sleep on the couches or would they get rooms? Or did Arden have somewhere else to stay? Surely she couldn't go stay at some person's place that she just met. "Oh dear."

Dapper Seeker

Arden sat on both of those questions for a minute, shifting his head back and forth to find the right sort of reply. He'd closed his eyes at this time and crossed his arms over his chest. Tapping the sole of his boot on the floorboards, the brunette appeared to be considering his options at length. Finally his ruby eyes appeared once again.

"I suppose we can find another place nearby that actually has someone on staff. They could offer us a place to stay. Or we could just hang around here a bit longer and see if someone turns up. If they don't...well... I'm gonna assume that we came on a night everyone was busy... And they didn't bother to lock up for fear of locking in...or locking out... the inhabitants upstairs."

He cocked his head.

"As for your first question... I've really had nothing, but trouble with the stuff. So I'm not overly fond of it. I mean, it is helpful in the odd situation here and there... But normally I can find myself out of a tough spot without using it. Most people just swim in it these days. Like they can't get on with their lives without it..."

His voice darkened, his gaze distant.

"And some people don't know when to quit using it when enough is enough."

Romantic Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Lowering her eyes Nuri frowned after Arden gave the two options for what they could do and gave it some thought. She didn't want to leave this place and go sleep at some other place. What if Blaise showed up while she was gone then left? Oh dear what would she do then?!

"I'd rather wait here for someone to come around works here.......At least for a bit longer like you said." she said in a quiet nervous tone. Even though she didn't want to leave she didn't want to keep Arden here against his own will just to help her. "Though you don't have to stay if you don't want."

Looking back up at Arden she smiled after hearing his opinion. It sounded like he just didn't like being around magic and if a mage used magic to much. 'He is just like my family.' she thought with a tiny giggle. "Okay that makes sense. I'll refrain from using magic around you then. If that would make you feel better."

Dapper Seeker

The young man blinked, shifting uncomfortably in his seat. He gave a little tug on his left ear and looked onto the ceiling fixedly. He hadn't meant to...make her feel so disconcerted. Sometimes he had just the knack for putting people off.

"Uh, no no. I don't mean to be rude. It's just my personal opinion. Please, feel free to use magic all you want... " He reassured her. "So you use magic, huh? If you don't mind my asking, what sorts?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff