Welcome to Gaia! ::

WolfXeno's Wife

Garbage Bear

User Image

User Image
                              xxx◞ PERMANENT JET LAG x PLEASE TAKE ME BACK

It was Gin. People were usually scared of him because he was so large, as if they didn’t have eyes or ears. The guy was a nervous wreck, and nearly always on the brink of tears. Maybe he was just that way around Johnny though. He understood he gave the impression of a scary person. Which was fair, he was kind of harsh on people and he didn’t like them. Although, he didn’t recall doing anything worse than a cross glance at Gin for being too loud. It was possible his reputation was preceding him.

Coffee, black. Dark chocolate croissant.” He ordered without even opening a menu, examining his nails to make sure they had not grown too long. Johnny paused a moment, as if carefully considering how to go about his next move. “Good morning, Gin.” There wasn’t really any warmth to his words, but it wasn’t sarcastic or hateful either. A simple greeting, yes. Hopefully, that would ease the guy’s nerves some. God knows, his hands would shake and coffee would get on him or something. How annoying would that be?

As that was being done, Jonathan got to his feet again and walked to the other side of the room. Newspapers would be delivered and set out daily for patrons to finger through. He grasped one at the top and returned to his seat, opening up past the local news to the business and world sections. His mother’s stocks were up. Johnny wouldn’t be surprised if he got a handsome little present in the mail that he would add to his bank account. She held out hope he would come home and run the business after his grandfather died. Johnny considered it daily, but he was content to learn of the world.

There was a noisy person bothering another patron. He made the effort to ignore them.

██ JOHNNY JOYCE ⋮ @ CAFE ⋮ & GIN, OTHER PATRONS ⋮
                              User Image
                              I'M STRAY DOG SICK PLEASE TAKE ME IN ██ I'M STRAY DOG SICK PLEASE TAKE ME IN

Anxious Punk

>>> DIRK BENSEN <<<

i ωanna ɦ υ g you, i ωanna ωrap my ʜᴀɴᴅs around your ɴᴇᴄᴋ
                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyou're the only ℓ σ ν є i've ever knoωn, but i ʜᴀᴛᴇ you, i really ʜᴀᴛᴇ you
                so much i think it must be t r υ єxxℓ σ ν є

User Image
                                    By the time Dirk had finished scrubbing the floor the cafe had become moderately busy. This disgruntled the maid slightly. It wasn't as though he minded customers, at least not generally. He mostly worked in the background anyway, but he had normally moved on to the upper floors before the hotel doors even opened. Being even slightly behind schedule made him feel as though he was slacking. The mark of a good maid was being both efficient and unobtrusive. Dirk didn't feel very much of either scrubbing the lobby floor as customers were starting to filter in.

Gathering up his supplies and the now sadly empty tart plate, the redheaded neko quickly scurried from the lobby. After he'd returned his cleaning implements to their respective place in Utilities, Dirk wandered back out to slip quietly into the kitchen. The young maid felt out of place in the room. He normally left its upkeep to the bakers, unless something needed a deep cleaning. It couldn't be helped, though. He couldn't just leave and empty plate sitting around. Placing the dish into the sink with a soft clink, he paused a moment to glare at it. There was a nagging in the back of his brain at the sight of the lone plate sitting there. Dirk wrestled with himself briefly before giving into his compulsion to wash it. Of course he had his own job to be doing, but there was no helping it. He simply could not leave something dirty.

xClementinexx's Significant Otter

Cold Master

User Image

xxxxxxxxxin "Sunshine" onroe

x

xx W r ℴ t ℯx Y ℴ ux Ax ℒ u ℓ ℓ a b yx G ℴ n n ax ℳ a k ℯx Y ℴ ux F a ℓ ℓx I nx ℒ ℴ v ℯx W i t hx ℳ ℯx T ℴ n i ℊ h tx

《║ J u s tX C a ℓ ℓX ℳ yX N a m eX ℐ' ℓ ℓx S i n gx T h i sxS o n g║》

║》Øutfit: Sunshine/Uniform. ║》ℒistening To:
Lullaby - Front Porch Step ║》ℳood:
Nervous/Relieved/Elated. ║》ẘith: Johnny/Thomas and Stolas (briefly).

x
x

《║x xx D ℴ n ' tX H a v ex Ax ℋ ℯ a r txx G a v e x I tx T ox Y ℴ ux L ℴ n ℊX A ℊ ℴx ║》

If he was being honest with himself, Gin had been expecting the worst while waiting anxiously for Jonathan to place his order. He certainly wasn't expecting the other neko to return his morning greeting with a small sigh of relief, Gin gave a shy little grin before writing down Jonathan's order. "Alright. I'll be right back with your order."

Gin turned back and started walking toward Thomas and the other Barista's he hadn't noticed arrived all gathered around and chatting by the coffee station. Gin's ears finally perked up from their slightly flattened state as he stopped by the display case to get Jonathan his dark chocolate croissant. He placed it daintily on a decorative plate provided by the cafe and Gin couldn't help but smile as he felt the pastry start to warm the bottom of the porcelain china in his hand as he held it. Gin set the plate on a serving tray and then he was carefully balancing it on his fingertips before he walked over toward the coffee station to get Jonathan his coffee.

"Um, Tommy. Could I get one coffee, black please?" Gin looked over at the other two Baristas and he immediately perked up upon seeing the other surprisingly taller than him neko, Stolas. A huge smile grew on Gin's face as his tail started flicking around out of Gin's control, the fluffy white tip making itself known. Gin always did like Stolas. He was a silent sort of company but Gin didn't mind at all, he enjoyed the quiet presence of the other.

He gave the taller, silver-haired neko a little friendly wave before he was picking up the coffee for Jonathan and setting it carefully on his serving tray. He didn't want to end up dropping everything and breaking another cup and plate like he so often did. Gin took notice of the iced green tea latte set off to the side and he immediately remembered that Thomas did say he was going to make him a drink as well as Tobias. "Ah, I'll come back for that when I'm done serving my current patron, if that's alright?" he said shyly, gesturing toward the drink before Gin was walking back toward Jonathan's table.

He took note of the paper he was reading and Gin was mindful of his surroundings as he set the coffee cup down first, breathing out a mental sigh of relief when he didn't spill anything and then he placed the croissant right next to it. Folding the tray flat against his side, Gin felt slightly less nervous around the bell hop and he gave a slightly lopsided smile, it was much less forced this time around with genuine sincerity behind it, his slight fear and anxiety from earlier gone. "If you need anything else, please just let me know." Gin turned to start back for the coffee station to pick up that heavenly ice green tea latte he knew would be waiting for him. His mood had taken a turn for the better and the tall neko couldn't help but keep smiling his sunny smile as he walked back toward Thomas, Stolas and Casey.

kumahimes

bloodasiy

The Tamed

xx ℐ' mX S oX I nX ℒ ℴ v ℯX W i t hX Y ℴ uxx J u s tx T h ℴ u ℊ h tx T h a tx Y ℴ ux S h ℴ u l d n ' tx K n ℴ wx

Hardcore Man-Lover

14,950 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
XXXXXX
█║ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ: The Barista Station. ✘●✘● ᴡɪᴛʜ: Too many people. ✘●✘● ᴍᴏᴏᴅ: Surprised ║█

User Image

Stolas wasn’t expecting Tommy to take it badly. Maybe the smaller Neko had taken it well, but honestly Stolas couldn’t tell by the way the blonde had taken off with a very little explanation. Once the little Neko was gone, Stolas could feel almost every pair of eyes resting on him as if he had done something terrible. The massive silver haired neko’s black ears flattened against his head and he shuffled away from the overcrowded counter with his cup of milk while the other two began to converse about the job and the customers.

Stolas paid them no mind; he was too busy kicking himself in the a** for being dumb and talking out loud. It seemed that every time he talked out loud, someone freaked out. Did he have a weird voice? He did snap back to attention when Momo mentioned just how late he was. Stolas looked over towards him and flattened his ears, his face showing a look of disapproval but not speaking as usual. Momo was not one for being late all the time, but either way, Stolas really disliked tardiness. No sooner than Momo and Casey stopped talking, Tommy had come back in with a box of candies in hand. Stolas immediately felt his eyes lock onto the box. His gaze only intensified when the blonde man mentioned that they were sour. Stolas felt his mouth water. He absolutely loved sour candy. Stolas’ ears pricked up immediately and he moved forward, almost barreling everyone over in the process only to reach into the box and grab a small amount of candies. Shooting a wide smile towards Tommy, Stolas retreated to a corner of the counter with his glass of milk while he nibbled on the candies, his ears dancing on his head and his thick tail swaying happily. He hummed while he nibbled on the candy before washing it down with a sip of milk. Man he could get used to this.

/

bloodaisy

Enduring Gawker

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Poor dear Alistair, blind to the subtleties of flirtation like a blind man to the enchanting dance of fireflies, and the not so subtle flirtations like blind man to a careering lorry. "Everyone has their vices, you must see them all behind the bar." Alistair replied conversationally, utterly unaware of Lucian's minor change in smile almost as much as he was to the purpose of his clothing. It hadn't escaped him the colour or cut, the way it clung to his body or how the muscles of his legs shifted smoothly beneath the hugging black fabric as his hips swayed as smooth as wine from one side to the other. It just simply occurred to him as an observation of things without meaning but for the bartender's personal taste in clothing which seemed to revolve around black a considerable amount. He looked down with a start when a soft caress rolled across his leg, heart jumping off a miniature bungee platform only to return a moment later with the sight of the neko's tail playing along the grain of his trouser leg. Relief spread across him immediately as Alistair followed the fluffed up tail back to it's owner in a way that might have been called flirtatious had it been anybody else, but as it was it as Alistair and so held nothing but untainted curiosity.

"You can't have too many friends, right?" the emerald eyed Irishman chuckled lightly holding out a hand to shake in agreement to do just that and arrive at the bar later. "Let me get you a drink later then, Ches as well if he'll accept it and if I can afford it of course, but I doubt you'll try to bankrupt me. Alistair O'Connel." He only hoped he wouldn't look such a mess when the time came to fulfil the promise or else it could possibly scare off any other customers at the bar at that time.

The place was beginning to murmur with life now that customers filled more seats or else moved idly towards the counters in search of the baker's delicacies while the staff fell into their duties with loyal gusto either to their tasks or each other. Pleasant as the sound was and enjoyable as the conversation was going Alistair rubbed his arm concious of the breeze sending an unforgiving chill to his neck, prodding at his muscles until they began to constrict to the point of aching. He wanted to step aside to a less draft prone area but was conflicted by a worry his conversation partner would take it as a move to leave and become insulted, thus stayed building his confidence on the matter a little while longer until a shiver caught his spine to run visibly down his back. There was little to do then but bite down that concern and voice a suggestion, or in this case a question in a voice suddenly lacking for confidence which, had the sunlit haired artist been of a provocative nature, could have been read in undertones as an explicit invite, but in fact held nothing of the sort. "Is there anywhere hotter we could move? Any corner away from the cold?"

Reception What generous people there are around Lucian Still respectable

SailorHeichou

ooc: so far over his head it's in the floor above.

Cold Master

User Image

xxxxxxxxxLawrenzo "Ŵolf" Stellar

x

◊ ◦ ◊x H e l l ox M yx O l dx H e a r tx A r ex Y o ux S t i l lx T h e r exI n s i d ex M yx C h e s t ?x ◊ ◦ ◊

《║ I' v eX B e e n X S ox W o r r i e d,x Y o u' v ex B e e nx S ox S t i l l,x B a r e l yX B e a t i n gx A tx A l lx x ║》

║》Outfit: Dr. Heartstealer. ║》Listening To:
    Dr. Heartstealer - Kamiya Hiroshi ║》Mood: Distracted/Focused. ║》With: No one/Waiter (briefly).

x

《║ H o wX I sX I tx B e i n gx L o c k e dx A w a y ?x Y o u ' l l x N e v e rxB e a t x B u tx Y o u ' l lx N e v e rx B r e a kx║》

The surgeon had slipped on a pair of reading glasses and was typing out a quick reply to an e-mail regarding one of his important surgeries he had scheduled for next week. It was for a young girl, no older than eight years of age. She was born with a bad heart and now she'd finally been approved for a heart transplant which Lawrenzo would be head Surgeon of the procedure. 'I have to make sure this surgery goes well.' he thought to himself. It wasn't as if it was he his first heart transplant, nor would it soon be his last, but while he normally got a bit of a thrill knowing he had someone's life in his very hands and one little bad move could spell disaster, Lawrenzo wanted nothing more than for this surgery to be successful. She was only a child and deserved to live long enough to see the world and live her life.

Lawrenzo didn't realize he was being spoken to as he was so engrossed in his own thoughts concerning his youngest patient that would be waiting for him after his week off. Piercing gold eyes shot up from the bright screen of his phone to see a cute, white haired neko standing next to his table. "Pardon?" his low voice asked. He hadn't been paying attention and only caught the last of the nekos words. Piecing two and two together, Lawrenzo snapped. Ah, he was just asking him if he needed anything else. He was obviously a waiter that was checking on him. "I'm fine, thank you."

The doctor's phone buzzed in his hand and golden eyes dropped back down to his screen. Tiny words reflected on the glass of his spectacles as he opened up the newest e-mail. Lawrenzo said nothing more to the waiter, hoping that his lack of anything else to say would be a subtle way of telling the neko that he wasn't needed. The surgeon was quickly lost in the wall of words once more as his mind went over procedure strategies and the 'What if's.

(OOC: This is a little boring because it's mostly Lawrenzo and his inner monologue but oh well. Wesley is free of mister grumpy pants now lol)

VespertineVagabond

◊ ◦ ◊xx I t ' sX B e e nX S ox L o n gx S i n c ex IX G a v ex Y o uxA w a yX Ix W a n tx T ox F i n dx Ax H o m e F o rx Y o ux . . .x◊ ◦ ◊

Fashionable Smoker

User Image
    w h e r e : barista station ▌w i t h : too many people ▌o o c : he's just goin on his lunch break! no worries not ditching~ ▌

Uh-oh. The look of complete and utter shock on Stolas’ face both scared and intrigued young Thomas. To be honest, the blonde had never actually seen such an exaggerated expression on the older barista. At that moment, he didn’t know whether to start apologizing profusely, or take a picture. Surely, the nickname couldn’t have angered the giant neko that much… right? Despite how many people were in the same five-foot perimeter, everything else just seemed to be a blur. All Tommy could focus on was Stolas.

Wait, did he hear something? He must have, because it definitely sounded as if Stolas was actually about to say something! No, there was no way. The guy never even said good morning, why would he say something now, especially in front of so many people? Nope- Thomas was definitely just going crazy. Luckily, Gin came over just in time to distract the frantic blonde from his overly imaginative thoughts.
                “Oh, no worries Gin. It’ll be here for ya. Oh, and don’t stress out so much,” Thomas hummed in a soothing tenor, noticing how Gin was just as frantic as he was. He watched the brunette neko shuffle back to his table. Oh, no wonder the poor guy was so nervous- he was serving Johnny.

Thomas scratched the back of his head again, blonde layers tangling between pale fingers. He dared to turn around and face his large coworker. Just as he was about to open his mouth and start his wave of apologies, something unfamiliar struck his ears. It was a deep, resonating sound that seemed to fill the entire workspace. Yet, it was surprisingly melodic at the same time. Wait… was that was Stolas’ voice?! Thomas’ eyes widened as his jaw dropped, watching those lips move and produce actual words that came pouring out like honey.

It took a second for Thomas to regain his composure and pull himself back into reality. He cleared his throat, cheeks tinting towards a rosy hue as he realized Stolas was replying to the ‘stretch’ comment.
                “Um… yeah, I guess so. You didn’t have a nickname yet so... now you do!” Thomas replied quickly and turned back around, still too awestruck to say much more. As it was, he already felt like a nervous fool for blushing so damn much. Not to mention, being around so many people was starting to overwhelm him. He needed some fresh air. “I’m… gonna take a quick break. You guys should be able to handle everything for a bit. Um, when Gin comes back give him that green tea latte in the fridge, please.” With that, Thomas weaved his way between the other bodies and made a break for the exit.

The Tamed

Feral Capitalist

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It took Sascha approximately a minute to get bored of watching over the customer's garment as t tumbled through the dryer so rather than waiting on it until it was finished, he decided to head back down and work the floor, as he usually did. No need to get Esau upset with his lack of work. With a few more moments spent around the soft humming and thump thumps of the dryer he headed back downstairs through the straight shot hallways, back down onto the main floor of the cafe, where quite a few other employees had made it in. It was good to see so many doing various tasks among the customers, and he smiled as he took it all in. A good percentage of his coworkers were already there now, sifting into their places and stations just as if they had been magnetized. Sascha's tail swished around happily at all the noise and interaction, making the little jewels pierced on jingle lightly. For such a bleak morning things were really starting to turn up.

Naturally, Sascha sashayed his way through the booths and stools, eagerly asking customers if everything was up to par. There weren't complaints thankfully, and with smile after smile, he weaved between tables and over to the barista station, where a good hunk of the other nekos worked. There wasn't much better to do, as after the sudden bump in customers it now appeared the new arrivals had stopped altogether, so Sascha made his merry way over to the others. When he stopped before the station, the heavenly smell of coffee made its way into his senses and his ears perked up delightedly. "Working hard, or hardly working, boys?" Sascha purred coyly, stopping before the group and leaning in on the counter lazily. It was nice when he himself got these lulls when he could stand back for a moment and watch the others work. One of the many joys of being just a pretty face, Sascha decided.

Standing so close to the source of the scrumptious scent of caramel and other things delectable Sascha became all to familiar with the fact that he had skipped out on eating or drinking anything this morning. It wasn't as though the thought was unbearable, but knowing it was so close made it quite desirable. "What does a kitten have to do to get a sweet treat around here, hmm?" Sascha hummed in thought, one vibrant ear flicking expectantly. He could almost taste a warm caramel latte as he stood there, and he came close to licking his lips at the thought. He could also do for one of Tobias' delectable tarts but decided that later he would make the effort to grab one or two off of his hands. He had the whole day ahead of him, of course.

He saw Gin returning from the floor and perked up instantly. He wasn't sure what it was, but something about Gin's coffee was absolutely to die for. "And the clouds opened up and out came sunshine!" Sascha chirped, straightening himself from his previous -graceful- slouch. His puppy dog face was a little rusty, but once Gin returned he wore it as well as he could muster. He loved Gin's coffee. "I know you're busy, but any chance you'd be willing to whip me up something, love?" Sascha batted his lashes in the cutest way he could manage. "I can't offer you more than my pretty face in return," Sascha joked. It was true; while most of the others were producing things for the customers, he merely greeted them and sent them on their merry way. An even swap? Maybe not entirely.

SailorHeichou

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

»//location:
                                              the barista station
                                              »//feeling: at ease;; a little playful
                                              »//thoughts: Gin's coffees are the best! how does he do it?
                                              »//company: other employees;; talking to Gin
                                              »//ooc: -throws sascha into the most populated area because he has no duties to attend to right now- also, yay new post layout! i like this one a lot

Fashionable Cat

User Image

How may I serve you?

Casey Williams
    A neko as cute as he is annoying!

▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋

All three of the baristas had been surprised by the outburst. None more than Thomas, of course. Although it seemed he might have been too embarrassed and ran off. Casey didn't try to hold him back. Though he also thought maybe he was being too dramatic about it? But he did also feel bad for him. To anyone else, a situation like that would definitely be awkward. Casey just didn't really understand too well himself. Obviously Stolas wasn't mad about the nickname, or else he would have said so. Ah well. The neko simply shrugged his shoulders. Things would work out. He knew it would. Instead, a certain someone had finally decided to show up for work. "Good morning, Momo! Why are you later than me?!" Casey demanded to know. To not be the last one to show up was rare. Nearly impossible. He wondered if Momo had been around to hear Stolas' new nickname. But he didn't bring up the subject and simply took over where Thomas had left off like nothing had happened.

"...So anyway..." Casey cleared his throat, trying to ease some of the tension that was still in the air after Thomas' leaving, and to change the subject a bit. "Today has been a really busy day, hasn't it? It's still so early in the morning, but we've already had so many customers." He looked out into the cafe area, seeing the people that were sitting down, eating and drinking, talking to people or on their phones. But even with so many people around, the atmosphere was still laid back and relaxed. That's why he loved his job so much. Even when they were swarmed with people to serve, nothing really changed. And he found comfort in that fact. Casey let out a dreamy sigh and turned his attention back to Stolas and Momo. "But I also like it when there's not a lot of people. We get to goof off more then!" He joked with a laugh and wagging his tail. Right now, he was just waiting for Gin to reappear so he could give him the promised drink Thomas had made for him. But with so many customers, the other employees were likely even more busy than they were.

"...Sometimes I think that I wished I had a different job position," now Casey was just talking out loud to himself, as was a habit of him. "But then I remember that I wouldn't be able to be here with you guys." He smiled to the both of them, and also in the direction that Thomas had went off to. "So I like my position right here just fine! We may not see too much action, but I think for someone like me, that's perfect!" The neko finished with a cheery smile.

▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋ ▋

Where: The barista station
    With: Stolas and Momoko
    OOC:

Cold Master

User Image

xxxxxxxxxucian "Cash" ose

x

♦ ◦ ♦xx ℐ' mxx j u s txx ℓ ℴ ℴ k i n'xx F ℴ rxxaxx ℊ ℴ ℴ dxx Ƭ i m ℯxx ♦ ◦ ♦

《║A n dX S o m eX F u nX B e t w e e nX Y o u rX T h i g h s ║》

║》Outfit: Mister Dangerous with a Golden Touch ║》Listening To:
    Casual Affair - P!ATD
    ║》Mood: Playful. ║》With: Alistair.

x
    x

《║x I' mx A x G i f tx t h a tx J u s t x k e e p sx O nx G i v i n'x ║》

Lucian's smirk grew in size as he reached out his hand and took Alistair's in his smaller one. "O'Connel, hm? If you're Irish, does that give me permission to kiss you?" the neko asked in a kittenish voice before he chuckled. Perhaps he could have come up with something more creative but it was the first thing that came to his mind when he heard the man's last name. He could have said something worse, he supposed.

The bartender noticed when the blond started rubbing at his arms with a shiver. Poor man was probably freezing to death, although when Alistair spoke next and asked if there was somewhere they warmer they could move, the change in the blond's tone certainly did wonders to fuel Lucian's imagination as the fur at the tip of his tail tingled and stood on end, a pleased purr escaping his throat. "Well, I could think of a few places and ways to warm you up--" Lucian's brilliant eyes were hooded as they trailed down Alistair's form before he licked his lips slowly. "and dress you down." he mumbled more to himself as an afterthought.

As enticing as the thought that Alistair might be interested in joining Lucian for a good time in an intimate way was, Lucian could tell the man simply wasn't that type, in fact he wasn't exactly Lucian's type either. The innocent or oblivious ones were never Lucian's cup of tea anyway, he preferred his partners to be able to quip right back with him whenever he made a suggestive comment and as cute as Alistair was, he just wouldn't be able to satisfy the tom-cat's boredom. So, with a regretful sigh, Lucian decided to drop his little game of trying to entice the man.

"Why don't we wait for Chester to catch up with us by those chairs in the front lobby? It'll be better than just standing around this desk like a couple of fools." Lucian chuckled before he was lightly touching Alistair's upper tricep to lead him toward the gathering of plush leather seats in the front lobby away from the cold breeze.

(OOC: Kind of half-assed this but oh well. Sorry if it sucks.)

lycain

♦ ◦ ♦xx ℐ' mX AX S l u tX a n dX IX W o n ' tX S t o p xx ♦ ◦ ♦

OneLuckyDoll's Husbando

Dedicated Loiterer

User ImageUser Image

"I am what keeps them coming back? You do flatter me, Esau"

"Ah!" Esau gasped, eyes widening and he stumbling back slightly against Ronan's hard chest. A light shade of crimson presented itself across his cheeks. Of course he was quick to straighten himself out, spinning around looking to the taller man and without spill his mug, he placed it gently on the counter. "R-Ronan!" His blush only deepened in color in realization at how squeaky his voice had come out. He took a deep breath in an attempt to relax. One hand held the tablet to his chest, the other brushed itself down across his suit so to smooth out any unwanted wrinkles in the fine fabric.

It was just like Ronan to catch him of guard and he was probably about the only person that could cause the manager to lose his composure like that. "A fluke!? Ah, things are sure to pick up soon." his tail swished rather quickly to the left and then the right, before he grabbed a hold of the fluffy appendage and held it still at his side, trying to dismiss the sensual feeling of their tails brushing against one another. It was a difficult thought to throw out of his mind when he enjoyed it so much and craved even more.

"Erm.." he cleared his throat and held the tablet out from him and gazed down at it. "Even if things don't pick up, we can afford a lazy day or two. I've been checking our competitor's ratings and they have to worry more about us then we do about them." he smiled confidently, holding the electronic tablet out for Ronan to take. A grin spread widely across his face, ears perking up excitedly. Esau looked like a child proudly presenting his perfect report card to his parents. "I think you'll be pleased." he purred.

Eyes only averted momentarily to the side when Thomas returned to his station, Stolas and Casey soon joining him. When the coffee bar began to gain capacity, Esau moved to the end with Ronan so that they were out of the way. With the three of them behind the counter, things were running quite smoothly. One of the more handsomely dressed customers even approached and praised Thomas which made Esau smile proudly before returning his gaze back to Ronan in hopes that the boss was happy with what he was seeing.

Nekos and Cream
    User Image
    User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• "What?" Thick lashes fluttered in an obvious show of confusion, blinking wildly. And here Chester thought a customer was merely passing on thanks to Lucian for a drink or good service in the most banal sense; but he really should have known better with the lecherous barkeep. That distractingly bright tail went straight to the air, and the feline balled his fists on the laminated countertop the moment Lucian showed clear signs of displeasure, immediately putting Chester on his toes. A slender finger creeped out, the nail tracing along his skin, causing the rose tinted neko to tilt his head away, frowning slightly. He watched quietly as Lucian made airs of sauntering away, the similar puff of their tails joining briefly with the swing of the younger male's hips, leaving Chester both mildly disturbed and silently questioning what just happened. "Maaan!" He sighed exasperatedly to the ceiling, hand on hip and rubbing the back of his head to get over the weirdness of it all. Lucian had levels of sass and panache to rival that of Sascha, but was more or less wicked about it. He would have to apologise to Alistair soon enough, since according to Lucian he had erred the man in some way. Chester released a heavy sigh, his ears tipping forward and tail going slack. All jovial bravado deflated from him in his cartoonish show of guilt, but then he remembered he still had a job to do.

Looking around for the man Lucian recommended he attend to proved more difficult than in theory; plenty guests had chosen that morning to head directly into the cafe without checking in their baggage first. While Chester couldn't really blame anyone it did leave plenty bags of all shapes and sizes strewn about the area, and although he spotted Johnny getting breakfast, knew he wouldn't be of any help until later in the day - no matter the amount Chester whined. Cheeks puffing out in at obvious pout with his tail mildly swishing, batting several unsuspecting victims in the face on the way by, Chester located another trolley near the cafe-side entrance and began to tip-toe and angle himself around each table, placing discarded bags on the cart in an orderly fashion that would make even Dirk proud. Of course given the limited space, his entire plan was just asking for one misstep. At one point Chester moved backwards in order to pick up another suitcase, without realizing another man's bag was just behind his foot. He tripped and then completely lost his balance, letting go of the bag in hand and falling horizontally into the man's lap with a small alarmed mew. The suitcase he had in hand toppled onto the floor, and in the process pushed forward the trolley of luggage, aggressively ramming it into a dessert tray one of the waiters had surely set up. The tray had been set with several elaborate and tantalizingly sweet goods that all seemed to sparkle in an array of colors and their creamy, delicious blend of textures, steaming with fresh quality and supplying palatable scents good as the taste. All of which ended up as a mess on the floor instantly.

Chester's mouth dropped open, more in mix of awe rather than horror. His eyes flashed wide with his speechlessness, before flicking up to look at the person he inevitably fell on top of. He saw the golden-eyed gleam yet again, and at last Chester looked horror struck. However, rather than leaping off the man's lap and apologizing to him along with several dozen gods, he suddenly wrapped his arms over the man's neck and clung to him, tucking his legs in from over the armrest of the chair, causing him to curl in further. His tail draped over the customer's neck, looking like the man was wearing a surprisingly warm and soft pink feather boa rather than the neko's tail. Although seemingly Chester was embracing him, in actuality the tom was hiding, peeking over the back of the chair to spy out the ever attentive Esau and observant Ronan, since both would surely be trying to scope him out right about then. When Chester located them among the cluster of people, he ducked his head down and borrowed the gentleman's ear. "I'm so, so sorry for what just happened, but if you do me this one huge favor and don't let those two-" Subtly he pointed over to the owner and his companion manager. "... Or anyone else of
                                              importance here see me while I'm carrying your bags out to
                                              reception and up the elevator to a suite of your choice, I'll do
                                              whatever else you ask of me. That's a promise, Mister, erm...
                                              Actually, can I call you Wolf? You seem like a Wolf to me, Mr.
                                              Wolf sir!"
                                              Keeping his voice low in spite of his evident panic and
                                              sincere regret, Chester scanned the man's expression for signs of
                                              compliance; heart stitching suspense in a tempo he could feel slam
                                              against his chest.

____currently with lawrenzo"wolf"____in the café____feeling embarrassed____

SailorHeichou

Enduring Gawker

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

A little confused by the physical contact Alistair mentally attributed it to the man's natural friendliness, of which he had shown plenty in good spirits so far, allowing him the free reign of his hand until it was relinquished. For once there was a decided lack of silvery smudges streaking across the skin from little finger to wrist shedding graphite upon whoever strayed too close, however it was an uncomfortable emptiness which replaced it. In truth Alistair had been suffering from more than rampant panic attacks lately and no matter how wonderful the cause of them had been, he feared the cause had also temporarily lost him his inspiration. It didn't matter how well his brother handled the commercial side of the artist's occupation there were always aspects his smooth talking sibling could not nor would not attend to: the artist simply had to attend his own exhibitions. Network network network. Sell sell sell. Throw up in a toilet then shake uncontrollably in a closet for an hour before having to pretend noting's happened when you go back out. Just remembering it sent Alistair's pulse skipping faster where it sat balanced in Lucian's dainty grasp. "You'd steal the luck of a man soaked through on a dry day? Might not be the best decision." He replied lightly wondering why so many people asked that when it was obvious they didn't need a charm from the Stone of Eloquence, or the Barley Stone as most people knew it.

The chance of moving across he jumped at however, or rather smiled a charming little smile of gratitude. He only just caught the tail end of Lucian's mumble, something which while he didn't understand left him decidedly uncomfortable for some strange untold reason, and being unable to place it the blonde made an effort to override the feeling as his conversation partner had shown nothing but good manners. Soon enough they were by the chairs looking a little less like ornaments than people. "Don't let me keep you mr...? He wanted to say leather, although fluffy also came to mind, neither of which got anywhere near his tongue for concern it would fly out unbidden. Alistair's locks were beginning to dry now and fall back into their usual feathery flick which caught the light against his honey undertones, light and sweet but with a hue of depth mostly passing by unnoticed. "You must be getting bored being my babysitter, it's perfectly okay if you want to get back to work." Alistair held out his hand gesturing to the hubbub in the café though the sight of Chester's kittenish hiding was as lost to him as everything else in there due to a bad vantage point, also hiding the man his Cheshire leprechaun leapt upon who would have been instantly recognisable to the emerald eyed young man.

In the lobby and out of the chill Waiting Lucian Still respectable

SailorHeichou

ooc: No worries, this isn't any great reply.
    User ImageUser Image
                                                    location: Caféxxxxxwith: A big mess on the floor…xxxxxooc: ~

Wesley waited patiently for the customer’s acknowledgement, and when it finally came after a few moments, it appeared the customer wasn’t in need of anything. Nodding his head, Wesley stepped back. “Of course. If there’s anything you might need, feel free to notify the staff. We’re easy to pick out.”. He gave a playful tug at one of his ears before turning on his heels to see if there were any other customers that needed seeing to. As he’d expected, tables and booths were gradually beginning to fill up or get marked off for brunch reservations and such.

No sooner had he started getting the drink orders of a small group of customers a few booths down from the man on his cell phone did Wesley’s ears twitch at the sound of something thumping onto the floor nearby. Swiveling atop his head in the direction of the noise, Wesley’s ears were soon followed by his eyes to identify what it was. He nearly gasped when he saw the luggage cart careening toward the display of treats. He couldn’t react quickly enough to stop it and was reduced to cringing and flattening his ears at the clatter of trays falling to the ground, along with them all of the freshly baked products. His eyes narrowed and shot in the direction of the culprit, now curled up and trying to hide in the lap of the customer Wesley had just left. Argh, Chester! Of course… Where’s Dirk or the other maids when a guy could use a hand cleaning up? Mr. Klutz over there probably won’t, not with the owner AND manager here.

Letting out a faint sigh of exasperation before putting back on a pleasant smile, Wesley looked down at the customers whose eyes were now glued to the scene. “Ah, my apologies. I’ll put in your drink orders as soon as I get this taken care of.” He felt some relief when they assured him they didn’t mind waiting a bit (it probably just gave them more time to gaze at the various attractive employees and patrons, or maybe just more time to look at the menu, who could say?). Smoothly and swiftly, Wesley made a beeline to a closet away from main café area and past the restrooms. Using a key, he unlocked it to retrieve the cleaning supplies and such within for little cleaning emergencies like this. He grabbed a broom and one of those dust pans with a long handle in one hand and floor cleanser and rag in the other to clean up the stickier half of the mess.

Arriving back at the scene, he set down his cleaning supplies and then pushed the luggage trolley back to where Chester sat cowering in the customer’s lap still. “I’m sorry, sir. Chester will be sure to take care of anything you might need, and if you’d like, we can offer you a free coupon for a stay at our spa as an apology.” Wesley gave Chester a look that seemed to say “please just get this luggage out of here and do anything to make sure this customer isn’t upset” before darting back to the mess left for him to clean. He wasn’t angry at the pink-haired neko really. Accidents happen, after all. It was just the thought of angering customers that made him feel a bit more frantic than his typically calm and collected self. Not to mention all the wasted food... Focusing on the mess, Wesley picked the emptied trays from the ground and set them on a free table, then swept up the fallen pastries and crumbs, finally setting to scrubbing the sticky icing and filling from the floor.

WolfXeno's Wife

Garbage Bear

User Image

User Image

Johnny’s lack of harshness seemed to chipper the guy up. It was a relief, at least, knowing that when his things returned, they would not be on him. Good, since he was in uniform. It wasn’t that he couldn’t pay for dry cleaning, but unlike the rest of these characters, Johnny didn’t like the whole informal look. He was an employee, not a friend, and looking the part was an important aspect of the job. He kept his eyes low and on the newspaper as he waited, trying to keep from eavesdropping on other conversations. Nosy people were the worst.

He felt a couple of s**t eyes on him while reading. He got that occasionally, as if Johnny wasn’t a paying customer that left large tips when he stopped to eat. Everyone here had all sorts of opinions on how conduct should be in the bed and breakfast, but most enjoyed the luxury of having access to the food whenever they desired. It cost money to make them, though, and Johnny thought it was pretty shitty of other workers to get free food and drink simply for working there. It was practically taking money from Ronan’s wallet. Gin returned with his coffee and croissant around then.

Thanks,” Johnny replied, not taking his eyes off the paper. After a moment, he glanced up and retrieved his wallet from his pocket. Since this was his usual order, he knew the price off the top of his head, which he fished out along with a hefty ten dollar tip, which he left on the table for Gin to pick up. “I’m going to be up in a minute, you should make sure any other customers are satisfied.” He said with his usual indifferent tone, returning his eyes to the paper as he began to eat.

It was both good. Arguably, it’d be pretty close to impossible to make coffee too strong for Johnny’s taste, but the pastry was good. The chocolate brought a bitterness to the overly sweet bread, which balanced out the taste just right for his palate. It was gone fairly quickly, and he wiped his face off with a napkin, then brushed stray crumbs onto the plate when he stood. He had plenty of coffee left, as it was fairly hot, but he took a single advantage of his employee status by taking the mug with him. As he began to walk, he noticed Chester completely trash someone’s luggage, then try and seduce said person so they wouldn’t be angry.

If Chester wanted to make up for his failure by ******** a customer, that was his prerogative. Jonathan resisted the urge to pick up the luggage that Ches’ inadequacy sent flying, and returned to the hotel lobby. As if his first encounter wasn’t bad enough, Johnny sighed none too quietly. There was that gold digger pressing up to some customer. Hopefully, Chester didn’t fling that guys luggage around. He swallowed down the disgust for his coworkers with a mouthful of coffee before taking his seat at the front desk.

There were no trollies nor new customers to take care of, so he went on to take care of other business. For whatever reason, Ronan didn’t think it was important to have two managers, one for the hotel and one for the cafe, despite the two things being very different types of fields. Occasionally, when Esau wasn’t looking, Johnny made double sure to check the books to make sure everything was in order. It was hard work managing two things at once, so he wasn’t doing it to be malicious but he still felt like the gesture would be misinterpreted if found out. Once he was done quickly fingering through the info, he turned to his actual second (or third, or fourth, Johnny did whatever job needed to be done on the hotel front) job which was checking the computer system to make sure the maintenance and house keeping was on point. A few recent check outs hadn’t been logged in via the computer system quite yet, so he made sure to mark it down for house keeping, so they knew where to go for cleaning.

Aside from that, though, everything seemed to be going according to the books. Johnny took a drink in mild satisfaction. He would only have a few maintenance concerns to look on towards the end of his shift, but he could focus on his main job as a bellhop.

██ JOHNNY JOYCE ⋮ @ FRONT LOBBY (HOTEL) ⋮ & LUCIAN ROSE, ALISTAIR O'CONNEL (NOT ENGAGED) ⋮
                                User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff