Ew~ keep things dead. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
ZOMBIE!! KILL IT!! 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 1 ]
Just give me gold. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 28 29 30 >

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

A series of small sneezes came from Vee as she inhaled the fine dust particles. She wasn’t normally allergic to dust but there was so much within the space of the room that it was overwhelming. “Excuse me,” she stated in a somewhat surprised tone after her fit was over. It wasn't like her to randomly sneeze and it had certainly caught her off guard. “I slept just fine thank you,” she stated in a kind voice as she watched the movements of G.R. and Victoria. From the look, and smell, of it they were dusting off the shelves of books; which seemed to be long over due. “Doing a little spring cleaning?” Everything seemed to be normal, until she realized how G.R. had addressed her. He had left off the formality of placing miss in front of her name. Her outward features gave away nothing though on the inside she smirked as she wondered what had changed.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

"My apology for the dust, madam." He rubs a bead of sweat from his forehead with the back of his dusting wrist. "Actually, I wish to throw a party soon. I am simply preparing for more potential visitors." Excitement for the event shone in his posture and expressions. "There shall be music, refreshments, and even a party game." The rag floated with accuracy to the shelf as GR tossed it as he ventured towards the widow at the face of the building. A gust of cool air whisked through the floating dust cloud, dispersing it slowly. "That should make breathing in here a bit easier."

User Image
Where: Lounge Who: Vee, Victoria Music: Conversation

Timid Genius

User Image

Position: Bartender
Company: G.R., Vee

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Victoria ran the rag over the shelf, a smile tugging at her lips as the sheen of the wood beneath seemed to come to life. "I don't mind helping at all, G.R. It's my pleasure. And I am enjoying my stay very much. The people are lovely and I already feel at home here..." She said lightly. Hearing a voice, she glanced up and over her shoulder, waving lightly to the woman. "Why hello, Vee." She said in reply before G.R. and her began conversing. At the mention of a party, Victoria arched an eyebrow. Now that explains it. "I am sure that it will be lovely and all sorts of fun, G.R. I look forward to it." She said lightly with a grin. Her own black top seemed to have small streaks of dust on it, though she didn't seem to mind. Her sense of smell, however, was making a little hard to breath. That is, until G.R. opened a window. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she took in a deep breath of fresh, cool area. "Much better."

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee silently dismissed the apology with a small shake of her head as she listened to GR talk of a party. A pleasant look of surprise over took her features as she smiled and placed her thumbs in the pockets of her jeans. “A party game? Doesn’t sound like your typical soirée but it does sound fun none the less,” she stated in agreement with the sentiments Victoria had expressed. “What‘s the occasion?” Even after a window had been opened to relive the room of the dust she was still hesitant to step further inside. Instead, she leaned against the archway in a relaxed posture. “How have you been, Victoria? Glad to see you back.”

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

The early spring breeze cooled GR as he stood at the window a few moments longer. He leaned against the wall beside the window, crossing his lightly dusted arms. "I don't have a reason for the party, but I have yet to throw a Grand Opening celebration, if only for the patrons already here." Turning to glance out the window, his eyes traced landscape. "Besides, I'm thinking a Grand Opening celebration would grab some attentions of potential undesirables." A wide grin came to his lips as his eyes peered aimlessly.

With the pop of snapping fingers, the television tuned to a music channel. The music played quietly in the background as the conversation continued. The music is meant to keep up the pace of cleaning and to entertain the musical parts of the mind for those within earshot.

User Image
Where: Lounge Who: Vee, Victoria Music: Perfect Skin by The 69 Eyes

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

Vee was nodding her head in understanding of GR’s reason until he got to the part of undesirables. At that point, she went still as confusion became clear on her face. No matter how many times she tried to digest the words and his tone they just didn’t seem to make sense to her. “So, you want undesirables to come?” she stated in uncertainty as if to test her own understanding. “I don’t get it. Maybe it’s a difference in language. I guess I should ask what is your definition of undesirable?” The music from, what she could only guess, was a radio was audible though on the very backburner in her mind as she waited for GR to make sense of her confused state.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

His grin widened. "I've recently made a few adjustments to the inn. The gargoyles' have been itching for combat lately and it would certainly be interesting to see them in action." He took a deep breath of the cool air, closing his eyes as if to sense trouble on the way. A slight shiver ran up his body. Whether it was a chill from the air or one of excitement, he was uncertain. "Sometimes, one is in the mood to see what they're capable of." He released the chill from his lungs and opened his icy blue eyes, grinning from ear to ear.

User Image
Where: Lounge Who: Vee, Victoria Music: In my Heaven by Negative

Timid Genius

User Image

Position: Bartender
Company: G.R., Vee

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Glancing up from the shelf she had been cleaning, Victoria looked to Vee with a light smile. "I've been alright. Had some...business to take care of. I do hope you have been doing alright as well." She said with a grin as she moved to the next shelf. With the windows open and the company, the cleaning was going rather smoothly. And quickly. Which she preferred and enjoyed. Listening to the pair, Victoria smirked lightly as she continued to clean the shelves. Her boss was itching for a fight it seemed. Correction. Her boss was itching for his gargoyles to get in a fight. Interesting. "I'd enjoy seeing how the gargoyles would do in a fight..." She murmured thoughtfully as she glanced up to G.R. just in time to see him shiver. Chuckling, she returned to her cleaning. "Though. I suppose how they would do would depend on the types and strengths of the undesirables that came..." She said with a thoughtful tilt of her head. "The party will be fun and welcomed by me all the same. Never hurts to have a little fun once in a while." She said with a flash of her usual grin.

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

“Uh, huh…” was all she could say at first as she simply stood there with her grey eyes locked on him as she thought. It wasn’t so much that he looked forward to the fight so much as he had her confused. She had basically placed him in a category based on their last conversation but now he wasn’t exactly fitting in place. The nice, concerned, gentle pacifist she thought him to be was being replaced by something else. For the briefest of moments the six slits on the upper part of her cheek to either side of her nose flared slightly before melding back in place to give her skin the illusion of being flawless. “G.R…you aren’t…” she thought for a moment as if trying to find the right word, “unstable, are you?” By unstable she meant crazy. “I thought you didn’t care much for fighting and I thought the gargoyles were simply in place as a source of defense.” Had she heard wrong? Or, mistook what he had said? She wasn’t exactly sure but she was about to figure it out.

Victoria's words brought her out of thought as she turned her head in the direction of the woman and gave her a smile. She didn't reply but instead listened as she spoke; replying only after she as done. "Oh I've been just fine. Thank you for the concern," she stated with a smile. "So you're familiar with the gargoyles as well? Seems like I was the only one in the dark. What type of undesirable would be necessary as a good test of skill for them?" She crossed her arms over her stomach as became increasingly interested in the figures she had not taken notice of the night she arrived.

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

A brief chuckle came from GR. "No, I am perfectly fine in the matter of stability." at the mention of the type undesirables, his wide grin began to weaken slowly into an expression of light concern, eyes rolling downward as if a flash of memory were dancing across the floor. "In the past, there have been issues with certain people either trying to find me, or having malign intent towards my patrons." Looking at Vee, and then panning his view to Victoria, he smiled. "I don't want to see anyone hurt. I just want them to have fun."

With a bit of momentum and a thrust of his hip, his shoulders bounce off the wall. Fetching his dark red coat, he bows to both Vee and Victoria respectively. "Pardon me, my dears. I have some business to attend."

User Image
Where: Lounge Who: Vee, Victoria Music: conversation

Beloved Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
User Image

Alura sat on the peaked roof of the Inn, watching the treetops waving in the wind. The past few days had been overly quiet and although it was nice being able to relax, it also worried her. She adjusted her headphones and got up to walk along the roof towards the front of the building, hoping to see a new visitor on the winding path that carved it's way through the trees.

User Image
Where: Roof Who: Alone Music: In All My Dreams I Drown

Eloquent Lunatic

8 years later...

User Image
User Image

A breeze travels through the darkened trees surrounding the inn as vines rattle against the stone of the building. The lightless hollow echoes with night creatures roaming underbrush. In the distance, a flicker of light shines at the end of the path. The hooded figure continues closer, and as he approaches the neglected building, it creaks in anger. The lanterns begin to alight one at a time as the figure strolls the path. Upon reaching the leaf covered obsidian steps, he pulls back the hood and the outside sconces all blaze. The vines covered guardians know this man and do not budge, but they are angry from his lengthy leave. "I am sorry to have been gone for so long." Tears slip down G.R.'s cheek as he approaches the door. "I have returned, old friend."

User Image
Where: Front Porch Who: alone Music: silence

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

As G.R. pushes the door open, it resists. The heavy door pushes debris as the rusted hinges creak in the hollow structure. It's all as it was before, but still derelict over neglected years. The building groaned with each step he took. With a deep breath and a grin slowly coming to his lips, he snaps his fingers. A blinding flash emits from each sconce and the chandelier comes to life. Almost everything is in ruin, but not destroyed. Looking around the foyer, the inn keeper mumbles to himself. "I am going to need help for this." Removing his cloak, he tosses it towards the coat racks as he had done thousands of times. Instead of floating to its place on a hook, it fell into a pile of cloth. With a sigh, G.R. manually places the cloak on a hook. "You are not happy. I know. But it was for the best. Please forgive me." Finally reaching the front desk, he fumbles with a locked drawer. The wood swelled, but a solid fist loosens the grip. Within is a leather bound tome with a lock. G.R. smiles wide. "And it's time to finally get our freedom."

User Image
Where: Foyer Who: alone Music: silence

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

He places the ledger upon the desk and brushes his fingertips against the leather. A sensation he hasn't felt in ages. In these moments, he dwelled on the thought of how this came to be and heaved a sigh. "A battle had to be fought. Everyone is gone." He wipes his hands together to remove the dust and begins to survey the damage of time upon his beloved inn. The Lounge was in disarray. Creatures had eaten into the furniture and burrowed holes into the walls. The books all covered in dust and cobwebs, which may be a nice touch were it not for the mold and insects. A slight cringe came to his face as he examined the books. "Aye... these certainly need replacing."

User Image
Where: Lounge Who: alone Music: silence

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image
User Image

"No need to be melancholy. Just gotta get back into the groove." He turns on his heels and makes his way for the dining room. A sadness falls to his face as the ambient violin music no longer plays. Webbing drapes the ceiling as holes in the satin furniture and drapes eaten by moths have grown large. A layer of dust cakes the bartop and bottles of alcohol have long aged. "At least the wines will be quite fine." He heads behind the bar, kicking away any leaves as he just remembered the supply closet was in the Lounge. Digging his hands into a drawer, he pulls out a violin. "Let's bring this back, shall we?" Clearing his throat, he rosins up his bow and plays a short melody. Beautiful and sweet, but fraught with mistakes and untuned chords. At the end of the song, the music begins to play on its own. The ambient music has returned to the walls of the enchanted inn.

User Image
Where: Dining Room Who: alone Music: Ambient Violin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas