<< < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 >

Enduring Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image

"I have played witness to many patrons. Observation, experience, and study have led me to a great many conclusions about others. I sometimes find myself in a place far from the truth when I make such estimations." Feeling a little awkward describing his experience with people, G.R. continued on about the inn. "Anyhow, back to the topic of the inn and it's defense." His eyes searched upward as if to look for the right words to accurately describe the ability of the building. "You see, the inn is a manifestation of my will and emotion. If I am alone, the walls become dusty and full of webbing. If I am happy, the lights become brighter and the wood seems more polished." A dim crimson glow shines behind his darkened spectacles for a moment, as his usual sweet tone turns slightly defensive. "If one wishes to do harm in my inn, they will be removed. There is no loophole in the signing of the ledger." He knew the question must have been rhetorical, but he did so enjoy conversation with Miss Vee. It would be a shame for her to ask all these revealing questions and not be warned one the consequences of bloodshed at the inn.

A deep throat-clearing cough broke the inn keeper's tone. Shaking his head to fend of exhaustion and various thoughts, G.R. pushed himself from the feast. "My sincerest apology, my dear. I regret to be weary at this moment. Slumber beckons me and my mind has a powerful need to answer. Perhaps we may continue later with another wonderful conversation." He stood from his seat and straightened out his coat, patting at several wrinkles in his coat. As he turned for the door, he gave pause. With a snap of his fingers, a tall glass of water appeared upon a napkin beside Vee's current plate. "Your water, my dear Miss Vee. I bid thee a most wonderful of evenings."

User Image
Where: Dining Room Who: Vee Music: Ambient Violin

Beloved Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
User Image

Alura sighed and stretched as she scanned the foyer for any sign of life. Vee and G.R. were in the dining room, but other than that all was quiet. She gave a trill of a whistle and pulled a worn book seemingly out of the air. Running her hand acrossed the cover she reached her other hand up to find a pencil tucked behind her ear. The pages fluttered as she found the first blank page. A thoughtful look crossed her face and she muttered lightly to herself. "Now, what to do..."
User Image
Where: Foyer Who: Alone Music: None

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

When G.R. got up to take his leave Vee stood with him. “Thank you. Mister G.R. For the meal, water and conversation. Pleasant dreams,” she stated then gave a bow in his direction before returning to her seat. She thought on the words he had spoken and, more recently, his change in tone. That made her smile There was something nice in how protective he was over people he didn’t know. Her questions had been just for fun, however, as her missions concerned no one at the inn.

After finishing up her dinner and making quick work of the water she stood from the table and made her way back toward her room for some much needed sleep. She had been awake for much longer than intended and wasn’t sure how she was still functioning. “Evening, Alura,” she stated in a hi and bye type of greeting as she passed the woman in the foyer on the way to her room. Upon reaching her room she would go straight to her bed and pass out before her head hit the pillow.

Enduring Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image

With a snap of his fingers, G.R. vanished from the Dining Room. A pop echoed in his room as he materialized taking a seat at his desk. He took up a quill pen and a clean sheet of parchment. Within a few moments of scribing, a note for the DJ position was complete. Slapping his hand on the note made it appear on the Message Board in the Foyer with a hollow THUMP.

The inn keeper sat at his desk, pondering about the decorations and refreshments for the party. Closing his eyes, he imagined the decor around the inn. Music played in his head as lights flashed and people danced. His head swayed gently to and fro as he slipped into dream, dancing with... In mid-thought, he passed into slumber.

User Image
Where: G.R.'s Bedroom Who: Alone Music: Scrawling of a pen

Beloved Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
User Image

Alura heard the snap echoing from the dining room and shortly after heard Vee's greeting as she herself crossed the foyer. "Have a good night!" She replied with a smile. Working in the worn book a bit longer she started when a 'thud' echoed acrossed the foyer. Curious, she looked to the bulletin board and saw the new notice. Well, I do hope someone replies... Her eye caught the clock and her eyes widened. That late? "Well, time to retire it seems." She eyed the stairs with disdain as she considered the climb to the top floor and then glanced around. Closing her eyes she started to sing. The song faded away and the foyer stood empty other than her book on the counter which vanished shortly after.
User Image
Where: Foyer Who: Vee Music: The sounds of the Inn

Enduring Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image

The inn keeper snaps into reality within the walls of the Lounge. He began his rounds checking the rooms of the inn for the coming party. Checking to see what areas need cleaning, what furniture needs replacement, what items need fixing. His eyes peered much dust still layering the bookshelves. "I really need a maid."

User Image
Where: Lounge Who: None Music: N/A

Timid Genius

User Image

Position: Bartender
Company: G.R.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Slipping her sunglasses off her nose and pushing them up to rest on top of her head, holding back her black locks in the process, Victoria climbed the steps of her new home. Pushing the door open, she slipped inside with a content sigh. Her outfit was much more travel appropriate than the one she had arrived in, but her business had required something a bit more flexible than business attire. Besides, it accented her fit figure and curves, which she liked. Pausing as she unzipped her leather jacket, Victoria moved her gaze around the room slowly. She didn't see anyone, but she could here movement in the lounge. Who could it be. Stifling a yawn as she crossed the foyer, Victoria slipped into the lounge, her blue-gray eyes dancing about quickly until she spotted her boss looking over the dusty shelves. "Mornin' boss..." She said to him gently as she bowed her head politely.

Enduring Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image

The heavy door of the inn opened and shut, catching the attentions of the inn keeper. Turning to see who had entered, he saw the familiar blue-grey of Ms. Black's eyes through the doorway. "Hello, madam. How have you been?" He gave a a slight bow as she came into the lounge.

User Image
Where: Lounge Who: Victoria Music: conversation

Timid Genius

User Image

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Victoria smiled lightly as she leaned back against the wall, her arms crossing over her chest. "Quite alright, thank you. I apologize for my temporary leave, I had some...business to take care of." She said idly, flashing a grin as she glanced back to her boss. "And please, Victoria is fine. Or Tori, even. Madam sounds far to formal." She said with a chuckle as she shook her head. "How about you, how are you today?" She asked before continuing. "And is there anything you need help with? The bar is clean and in order, and there are no patrons currently in or up and about. So, figured I'd see if you would like some addition help with anything."

Enduring Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image

G.R. let out a brief chuckle as Victoria's contagious act caught hold for a moment. "It is quite fine, ma- Victoria." Attempting to break from formally addressing another may take a bit of time for one with such a long reputation of being formal. His eyes wandered the room, searching for a task. "I am in need of a maid, at the moment. The bookshelves still have a blanket of dust that needs removing, as well as a great many other surfaces in here. Would you be so kind as to do this, my dear?" He gestured towards a utility closet at the far end of the room. "There are supplies in the closet if you would like to assist, Victoria."

User Image
Where: Lounge Who: Victoria Music: conversation

Beloved Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
User Image

Alura headed down the stairs to the main floor. Instead of heading straight to the desk she veered off to look at the bulletin board. Secrectly hoping that there would be an update on a DJ she stopped as soon as she saw the same notice that had been posted the night before. "Hmph, well it was posted later in the evening...I guess hoping for a response this soon is a bit much." As she turned to resume her trip to the desk voices caught her attention coming from the Lounge. At least there were other people around today.
User Image
Where: Foyer Who: Alone Music: Music in my head

Timid Genius

User Image

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Victoria smirked as he said her name. He almost didn't, but still. Listening to him speak further, Victoria arched an eyebrow. "Dusting? Sure. I can dust. If it means that I am being productive rather than just standing there..." She said lightly as she slipped off her coat, letting it rest over one of the arms of a chair close to her. Heading to and opening the utility closet, she retrieved the bucket full of cleaning supplies. Rags, dusters, cleaning sprays, anything she would need. "I'll do anything to help, G.R. Even if that is just cleaning." She said with a grin and chuckle as she set down the bucket and got to work on one of the shelves.

Enduring Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image

The inn keepers grin welcomes the help. "I appreciate the assistance." Seeing Victoria prepare for the task, he felt a warmth in his core rise. Perhaps he could put a little elbow grease into cleaning the inn. Upon this decision, he loosened his tie, removed his gloves and slipped them into his coat pocket. Removing his coat, he set it to rest on the back of the couch. "I shall help you in this duty, my dear."

As he headed to the closet for supplies, he unbuttoned the cuffs of his shirt and rolled them just over his elbow. After fetching some rags and cleaning supplies, he began to work on a different shelf. "How do you like it here at the Flickering Candle?"

User Image
Where: Lounge Who: Victoria Music: Conversation

Dapper Darling

User Image
Vibryo Duponte

The pale figure that was buried under the covers of her bed sat up and stretched her arms as far as she could above her head before allowing them to come crashing down beside her. Vee felt like she was waking from a year long coma as she blinked her eyes and pulled the thick, comfortable cover from around her form. After simply sitting in bed for a while she finally managed to get to her feet as she slowly shuffled to the bathroom to clean herself up. The nice, hot shower was enough to wake her, for the most part, as she waited for her energy to gather while drying her hair and getting dressed. There was a black, pull string bag by her bed from which she removed a pair of faded jeans, a black tee shirt and a pair of white socks. Once dressed and her hair as dry as she could get it with a towel, she made her way out of her room and headed toward the dining room. Upon hearing voices, however, she took a detour toward the…she had to stop and consult her mental map for a moment as she forced herself to remember. Oh, right. The library, she thought as she entered the room just beyond the doorway. “Good morning,” she said in a voice that was groggy and not quite fully awake yet as she ran a hand through her damp, dual colored hair.

Enduring Lunatic

9,300 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
User Image

The scent of dust and old books filled the air, mixed with cleaning chemicals and a strong aroma of orange. Running his cloth on the shelves revealed a sheen not seen in ages as powdered debris collected in his cloth. Hearing a sleep-logged voice proclaim a good morning, the inn keeper peeked over his shoulder. "Good morning, Vee. Did you rest well?" His white shirt had streaks of dust in random places on the torso. Accents of citrus scented solution forming damp hand prints at his touch in attempt to wipe the dust off.

User Image
Where: Lounge Who: Vee, Victoria Music: Conversation

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas