Ew~ keep things dead. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
ZOMBIE!! KILL IT!! 0.047619047619048 4.8% [ 1 ]
Just give me gold. 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30 > >>

Eloquent Lunatic

User Image

-Introduction-

Welcome to the Flickering Candle. Is there anything that we could do for you? A tour? A meal? Entertainment? Or perhaps some rest? Please, let us know if you need anything. Also, please check the Message Board for up coming events here at the Inn.

READ THE FIRST PAGE FIRST!!!

VACANCIES: Many rooms available.
HELP WANTED: Looking for enthusiastic applicants.

Description: At the end of a twisted loose stone path is a large dark manor. The surrounding hills seem to close in around the building as the dimming lanterns of its porch flicker in the moonlight. The stone walls and pointed archways give the place an eerie feel. A conservatory to the rear of the building seems to have been recently maintained, even though its glass windows are either cracked or missing and covered with all kinds of plant life that once was tame. The 5 story inn somehow seems inviting despite the ominous feel. The small army of crumbling gargoyles stand sentry over the door way, widows and corners, and seemed to once protect the building from criminals and hooligans of many sorts. The massive 12 foot iron doors creek as it opens. The porch wood is a dark black cherry wood. The steps are actually large ebony slabs stacked upon each other. On the ground beneath the rows of tall windows on either side of the porch are long beds of well tended flowers. Carnations, roses and tulips of red, purple, black and blue fill these flower beds.

Table of Contents

Introduction: Post 1
Table of Contents: Post 1
Rules: Post 1
Employees: Post 2
Application Form: Post 2
Inn Banner: Post 2
Foyer/Check-In: Post 3
Message Board: Post 3
The Rooms: Post 4
Evictions: Post 4
Dining Room: Post 5
Aquatics Room: Post 5
Arena: Post 5
Lounge: Post 6
Basement: Post 7
Our Goals: Post 8
Friendly Links: Post 8

-Rules-

1. All must follow the Gaia ToS rules
2. Fighting is not allowed!
3. No GodModing.
4. Permanent Residents are resistant to harmful magic while they're within the Inn.
5. Please ask me for anything. We'll do the best we can to get what you wish.
6. No Spamming, Flaming, or Bumping.
7. Temporary Residents will forfeit their rooms after 2 months of occupation, or if they don't post within 2 weeks of their last post.
8. Most of all, have fun.
9. This is an RPG. I am essentially the GM. You play your character; I play the baddies unless I recruit you to help. If you want to give your character a different storyline than the rest, then please tell me about it. If you don't, then there will be much of my PMs sent to you about it, asking questions, or telling you to edit.

Eloquent Lunatic

-Employees-

Gothic Romantic as G.R.- Inn Keeper/Owner
Harlie Yams as Nivvy - Groundskeeper
Sad Wings Of Justice as Justice - Security

Currently, we need all the people we can get!

If you wish to apply for a position, please message me with the heading "Application" with the following form filled out.

Application Form

APPLICATION FORM
Name: (Both your screen name and the name you wish to be known as)
Position Applying for: (the job you wish to receive)
Species: (this is only for RP purposes)
Reservation: (This is the room you wish to have reserved for you. Be warned, reservations only stick for a week. You must still sign in before then or you may forfeit the room to another)
Appearance: This isn't needed, but it does help.

Employees

G.R.
Name: Gothic Romantic a.k.a G.R.
Position: Innkeeper/Owner
Species: ? ? ?
Appearance:
User Image

NIVVY
Name: Harlie Yams | Nivvy (Niv, for short)
Position: Groundskeeper/General Help
Species: Witch
Appearance: [IMAGE LINK TO FOLLOW]

JUSTICE
Name: Sad Wings Of Justice a.k.a. Justice
Position: Security
Species: Jackel
Appearance:
User Image

Jobs Available:

Maids/Janitors - Needed
Bartenders - Needed
Greeters - Needed
Entertainers - Needed
DJ - Needed
Other Jobs - Needed (open to suggestion)

If you can think of something more, I'd gladly compromise a position for you.

-Inn Banners-

User Image
[img]http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q765/Killiandra/FCI_zpsab6043fa.jpg[/img]

Credit to Killiandra

Eloquent Lunatic

-Foyer/Check-In Desk-

Description: The foyer and check-in is a large room with a set of stair cases spiraling up to the many floors. The air has a fresh quality of scent to it. A large faded red tear drop shaped carpet lay beneath a large crystal chandelier, with the point of the carpet in the direction of the desk. Additional strips of carpet stretch to the sides with wear on the fabric, covering the path up the stairs and meet again at a balcony above the check-in desk. The banisters of the stairs are cast iron and quarter twist on the way down. On the left and right of the room are large arched doorways. The one to the right is labeled ‘Dining’ with deeply etched flared lettering on a polished silver plaque above the doorway, and the door to the left is labeled ‘Lounge’, lettered in the same fashion.

The check-in desk seems to be sequoia stained with black. The book on the desk is even darker than the desk. A picture of a lit candle encircled with a single line adorns the cover in a bright gold. The pen beside it has a tip that is more or less of a razor resting upon a napkin with a small stack of napkins lying beside the pen. The pages in the book are hand-made papyrus pages yellowed by the ages. At the base of the staircase is a door labeled ‘Aquatics’.

"If you'd like to sign in by the room of your choice, you must do so with your own blood. It prevents unwanted visitors from entering your room whilst you sleep. If you wish not to sign in blood, then you will also waiver the benefits of being a permanent resident. Please, make your choice. Thank you for your cooperation."

-Message Board-

Description: This piece of ordinary cork board it trimmed with dark red stained walnut wood with red, purple and black push pins strewn over it. A few pieces of faded paper cover the used boards many puncture holes. These papers notify the residents of what events and notices.
Help Wanted
Dear Travelers,

In need of help. My inn has been neglected for some time and dust gathers rather heavily in these woods. Please inquire within.

Sincerely,
~G.R.~

For all of those that have things to say "out of character", here is a place you can talk about such things. Here it is, the Flickering Candle Inn [OOC] thread. We can also talk about back story, history, and settling disputes.

Eloquent Lunatic

-Rooms-

Description: At the balcony of the foyers rising spiral staircase is a series of halls. There are a total of 10 doors on each corridor path, with five (5) rooms on either side of the hall. The room numbers start on the left and end at the right. Sconces line the hall, alternating with the doors. The dim flames are harmless to all.

The door to each room is solid iron with dead bolts and chains for locks. The rooms are painted dark red. Each room also has a perpetual flicker of candle light dancing all around the room. The beds are large, mostly comfortable and covered with a pristine lace canopy of a variety of colors. A table and two chairs stand positioned randomly or even over-turned in the center of each room. A massive oak wardrobe sits beside the bed and a set of 3 windows line the walls. Long dark purple drapes are untied to prevent the light in through the windows. Customers may improve their living quarters to fit their needs and wants.

The top floor is much different. Only those who are bound to the building itself may reside here. An employee which has signed their name in blood can open the final 4 inch thick, 10 foot tall black iron double doors atop the twisting staircase. These rooms are unique to fit they who live there.

A mural adorns the ceiling of the top floor. It depicts what seems to be a moving skyscape. Clouds and stars glow as if one were to look into endless the night sky. The wispy clouds float all around the ceiling. Stars shine brightly and falling stars stream across the mural.

Rooms Available
First Floor
3 - ? ? ?

Second Floor
13 - Harlie Yams - Nivvy

Third Floor

Top Floor
33 - Sad Wings Of Justice - Justice
36 - Gothic Romantic - G.R.

Total Signatures = 2

Name = Room is in Reserve (occupant must sign in)
Name = Temporary Resident

Eloquent Lunatic

-Dining Room-

Description: A large dining area filled with tables and tall-backed satin cushioned chairs. Tall arched windows line the walls revealing the looming hills outside through a film of dirt and grime. There's a long buffet table with dishes scattered all over it. The dining tables all range in size, fit for any occasion. Each table has a wax covered 5-tine silver candelabra burning brightly. Soft and beautiful violin music fills the air, though no musician is ever in sight. Black vases filled with ever-living bouquets of red, black and purple roses stand on shelves between each window.

There is a bar on the eastern wall with a set of stairs going into a wine cellar. The shelves behind the bar are filled with spirits of all kinds. The mirror behind the shelves make this already enormous room seem larger. Seats by the bar are tall legged and are dark brown in color. Beside the bar is the entrance to the wine cellar. The door is wooden, unpainted and unstained, though black iron bands keep the warped planks together. At the side of the bar is a large round cask. A polished silver plaque on it labels it "Anykeg". The anykeg allows it's user to get a cup, mug, pint, shot, or any other form of drinking apparatus full of the drink they are thinking of. The keg is ever full. The keg is used when a bartender doesn't know how to mix certain drinks or have run out of a certain beverage, or when the bar is closed, anyone can turn the nozzle and get something to drink from the tap.

The wine cellar has well over 20 wine racks filled with exotic wines and beverages that run up to 400 years old! Most of the bottles seem to be turned regularly via magic. The floor of the cellar is leveled concrete. There are open spaces that are used for mixing new brews when appropriate, but haven't been used in years.

-Aquatics Room-

Description: This room has a clean scent of water in the air. The sauna is a room on it's own, to the left. A large picture window allows occupants to see who else is in the Aquatics Room. The main pool is 50 feet long and depth ranges from 4 feet deep on the shallow end to 25 feet on the deep end, even if the pool is only half filled. The pool is fitted with 3 diving boards, one is 5 feet, another is 7.5 feet, and the third is 10 feet high. There are a total of 5 hot tubs on the right side of the pool. There are two rows of 30 foot tall Roman columns on either side of the main pool which have been chipped at and some cracked with time. The tiling of the floor is a mural of a night sky with clouds and moon included, while the tiling within the pool resembles a black and white grid.

Eloquent Lunatic

-Lounge-

Description: Padded chairs and glass end tables litter this rooms scenery. The plush red carpet keeps steps and sounds to a minimum. On the left wall is a massive bookcase that scales the entire wall, filled with books of all manner of thought. In the center of the room is a grey worn velvet sofa with an old broken television glowing with quiet droning snow. Straight ahead, on the west wall, is a closed black wooden door labeled 'Basement'. The door is much like the one that leads to the wine cellar in shape and design.

Eloquent Lunatic

-Basement-

Description: At the base of the mossy stonework steps is a club setting basement. Dim lights are on when the pulsing base beats and spinning lights beam. Cobwebs and small patches of moss cover the corners and torment equipment. The torment devices have not been put to work in ages, they're for decor as of now. An iron maiden houses a speaker while a polished bronze sarcophagus hides sub woofers. Hand-held torture devices are within clear plate glass displays set within the walls with florescent lighting fixed to the top of the cases. Rattling iron chains hang loose from the walls and drag lightly on the walls as the fog blows. A fog machine giving burst to billowing white clouds every few minutes hisses from inside the mouth of a Dragon-like gargoyle with polished ruby eyes, towering over the DJ booth. Darkened booths line the walls while spinning black lights whir on the ceiling. The floor of the basement is all hand laid stone work covered with polyurethane to even the gaps between stones. The dance floor is a low platform of wood laid on top of the basement floor.

Eloquent Lunatic

-Our Goals-

Our current goal is to recruit some employees and fill some of these rooms. The ledger isn't going to sign itself, you know.

-Friendly Links-

Critical Error

If you'd like your link in our list, please send me the banner that will send me to the thread/guild via PM and I'll add it to the list.

Eloquent Lunatic

G.R. stands behind the counter of the inn once again. Third time.. he sighs to himself. I hope this time it'll stick. The inn has been through much over the years, G.R. has had to do much to get the inn back, and getting back, himself.

It's about time I open the doors.. The dark clad keeper walks to the front door and places his hand on the lock. After whispering a few inaudible words, the barrier on the door breaks, he opens the front door to the inn for the first time in years.

And so... it begins.

Dapper Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
User Image
User Image
The foliage crunched beneath her boots as she strolled down the broken path, nearing her final destination with every casual step. Her travel pack was weighing down her shoulders, but she wasn't allowing her slight discomfort to alter her mood. It was nice to be out in the crisp evening air.

Lysandra smiled to herself and smoothed out the skirt of her simple dress. The adventurers who were kind enough to let her hitch a ride in their caravan had refused to travel any farther down this particular road. They tried to warn her of impending dangers, namely demons and witchcraft, but she wasn't overly concerned. The mysterious elements of the universe did little to rattle her bones. Besides, she really needed this job.

"My, my..." she sighed as she approached the manor. Her new employer had given very little insight as to the state of the grounds. She merely knew that the place was preparing for a grand opening, which required quite a bit of restoration. Even still, she was glad she had answered the call for a groundskeeper. Judging by the land's current state of affairs, she was going to be a very busy woman in the upcoming weeks.

Once she finally reached the front entrance, she pressed her hands to the iron doors and hesitantly pushed them open. She squinted as her eyes adjusted to the dim light of the foyer. "Hello," she said with a cordial grin, her aqua hues settling on the darkly-dressed man who was standing near the doorway. She offered him her hand. "Ms. Delvani. I'm here to speak with the owner about the groundskeeper position. Do you know if he's available?"

Eloquent Lunatic

G.R. gives the smiling woman an apathetic evaluating stare. Many times has he seen faces walk through this door. It is hard to be so accepting of new faces, even if their applications, skills, and references are incredibly promising. He bows forward slightly, not losing her from his vision. "Pardon me if I do not greet you normally. I have been through much in recent years."

His posture realigns to lead the new groundskeeper to the desk with a white glove gesturing the way. Turning towards the desk he reaches the desk with a few quick steps, he flips open the ledger to the proper page. "I have your room reserved. All you must do is sign your name." The inn keeper points to the razor tipped pen. "In your blood, of course."

Dapper Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
User Image
User Image
Lysandra slowly retracted her hand and gave a faint nod of comprehension. He didn't need to elaborate for her to get the message. If his disposition had any correlation to the establishment itself, she could certainly understand why he was feeling disgruntled.

She followed her reluctant host to the check-in desk and glanced to the dusty tome. The blank space alongside the number 27 was reserved for her name. "My blood. Of course," she said, her smile gradually fading from her lips. She wasn't terribly upset by the thought of pricking her finger. She had endured worse pain, by far.

"For purely symbolic reasons, right? Because I'm not keen on selling my soul or anything." Without bothering to wait for a proper response, she gripped the pen and made a small slit in her left thumb, wincing slightly. The blood came within a moment. She coated the tip of the pen and signed her name on the intended line, glad to get it over and done with.

Eloquent Lunatic

As she wrote her name, the book dried the blood as each letter was written. Closing his eyes, he shook his head slowly. "Your signatures are demon pact free. This, I promise, madam." A slight sigh escaped through his words. "Room Twenty-Seven" and with a snap of his fingers, her burdening gear seemed to have vanished. "Before you fret, your belongings are in your room. You begin tomorrow, so feel free to explore."

G.R. closed the ledger and wiped the small amount of blood from the pen.

Dapper Lunatic

7,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
User Image
User Image

The young woman gasped when her travel gear disappeared. She didn't object, per se. She just wasn't expecting any magical assistance. "Thank you," she murmured, feeling just a bit unnerved. 'Free to explore' was sounding pretty good right now, she decided. There were a great number of places she wished to visit before her work officially began and the conservatory seemed like a decent place to start.

On her way to the door, she paused and glanced over her shoulder.

"What's your name, sir?"

Eloquent Lunatic

After short pause, he took a long, slow breath and exhaled just as quickly. "My name is unimportant, but if you must call me something, then boss, sir, or G.R. is acceptable." The pale blue in his eyes glowed for a brief moment, as if simply saying his own name brought some happy thoughts back... but only for a moment.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff