Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 140 141 142 > >> >>> »|

Profitable Prophet

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
[ I might be on for about another hour or so. Just depends on this boy-child.]

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
mawsibeth
( Ariannona )
(Be back tomorrow, fussy baby gonk )

-={Needs polish but shows promise. Every beautiful gem starts out as simple stone.

Hiya.}=-

"In simplest description, it's an inkwell." Vyhnanstvi smiled broadly and produced a second small parcel. "And a quill to go with it." He offered it to Sohalia and removed his bag, setting it against the table adjacent the scholar. Van put one hand on his hip and the other on his sword and looked around the place, letting a low whistle at the simple, tasteful decor. "Both made of crystal."

"Oh, and sorry for interrupting if I did." Dax's eyes met Sohalia's again before he turned his head to nod in the direction of the man and his papers. "Sohalia and I are... friends. Don't quite know if 'old' applies but you could say it after a fashion."

Zero Tiadahlo

[[this is out of character :: Is anyone going to be online much longer tonight? I'd rather not get all wrapped up and have everyone retire.]]

-={Probably headed to bed after only another post or two.}=-

Hilarious Gekko

[[ this is out of character :: Well hello there, Rhys. You know me, don't you? I don't believe that's a nice thing to say about Kai, now is it. ]]

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
((just assume my guy finished his work, peace out))

Profitable Prophet

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

Sohalia's face brightened as she eagerly opened the wrapped fabric to find a gorgeous, antique inkwell. It was empty but that would easily be remedied soon enough. Graciously, she took the second parcel to also see a gorgeous matching quill. She hugged it close to her chest for a moment before practically tackling Dax to hug him.
              "Thank you!" she squealed, instantly leaning up to plant a huge kiss on his lips. Her face flushed with color as she pulled back, looking up at him with a huge smile. Her eyes met his at this moment and then she looked to Orpheus.

"I also apologize. Is there anything else I can get for you this evening?"

[Hey Zero. wink And yes, its a wonderful thing to say about him. razz ]

Profitable Prophet

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Dorian Zinatto
((just assume my guy finished his work, peace out))

[Aww, I'm sorry we kind of left you out there for a moment. I do hope you come back. That was awfully rude of us, I apologize. ): ]

Hilarious Gekko

xxxxxxx
-``♬ ұøu'vэ comэ †o ԍєt mэ ``
kяis†iиα - zєrø - †iα∂αhlø

// < -------------------------------------------
    She wasn't quite sure about any of this. Any of the her new move, this new town the new people. New smells, new sounds ... it was almost too much for her. But the move was necessary so she could continue her work, her passion and her studies. Zero fidgeted her hand in the pocket of her black cargo pants. One hand pulled out and absently traced the white stitching. While she couldn't see the colour, she trusted her tailor, who had never to this day done anything she didn't want or like. A chill brushed her hand from a breeze that swept gently, so she eagerly put her hand back to the warmth of her pocket. As the wind rolled through, it shifted a sign off to the left of Z's peripheral hearing 'boundaries.' She turned. The wind kicked up once more, flustering her black and blue naturally straight locks, and letting the tail of her black blindfold snap in the cross breeze. As if she was looking, Zero angled her head at the sign.

From the way she heard it, the sign was small, and the wood was natural. It sounded slightly heavier on the outside, and therefor probably painted. She came to the conclusion it was a shop of some sort. Focusing slightly more inward, it seems there was very little action inside. Perhaps it was her time to get food. After all, she hadn't eaten much in the day. Upon that thought, her stomach rumbled beneath a light blue tank top. It was very fitted and Z was anorexically skinny. Her ribcage shown through her shirt.

With a large sigh, she headed towards the door. Slow steps as she closed in on the sound as she remembered it's location, Zero's hand pulled from her pocket once more, and confidently reached for the handle. Pulling it open, the small, four foot eleven inch twenty-three year old stepped in. It smelled good. She stood awkwardly, smelling for a moment, getting her bearings, listening. Listening for anything and everything to put the room in place in her head.

------------------------------------------->

´´bu† ұou'ιι эиd up dэαd. ♬´´-

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={You and your little blind girls. xD Guess we gotta stick to our guns.}=-

"Seems like this place is getting busy. Anything I can do to help, Sohalia?" Van returned her hug with gusto, lifting her up off the ground a bit. He then turned to size up the young woman who'd just entered the cafe. Her slight hesitation as she entered caused curiosity to creep into his mind. Another vague, very vague, familiarity which washed away as quickly as it came. He tried to recall it for a moment but it wouldn't stick. So he wrote it off as this young woman being a lookalike to someone his predecessor once knew.

"Hey there! Come on in and let the door close! Loose papers and wind don't mix." Dax waved her in, tucking his sabre against his hip after it clicked against the table leg.

Profitable Prophet

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

"You could help me clean up, if you like."
              Sohalia leaned into Dax as he hugged her, taking in the smell of him. He had almost an other-wordly scent about him and she absolutely loved it. A soft sigh was let go as he set her down but she leaned to peer around him as the door opened.
              "Welcome there. How can I help you?" Sohalia also looked at the young woman with interest. The woman was wearing a blindfold around her eyes, it was black. This made Sohalia curious, wondering if she were injured or simply blind. The way she entered left Sohalia to believe that she were blind, and had been that way for a good majority, if not the entirety, of her life. With a step back and to the side from Dax, she carefully inserted the crystal inkwell into her pocket and perched the quill behind her ear making it look like an ornate hair decoration.

Hilarious Gekko

xxxxxxx

Zero was gently startled. Both presences greeted her. She wasn't use to being greeted by anyone, let alone the full company of the place. She made a slight inch inside to make sure the door closed behind her. It was heavier closing than it was opening, and the sound startled her, since she was slightly on alert. One of the voices was wrong. Off. Different ... yet ...

Completely the same.

Zero did her best to completely ignore it for the moment. Regaining her composure, she tried to smile. Though she heard their heads turn to her, and she heard the way the woman in the room fidgeted as she stared. Stared right at her. Z went more pale than usual and took small, delicate, floating-like steps towards the front. Her stomach gave quite a growl once more. But she felt uneasy. This male. This male. I know this male! His sound was uncomfortable to her. But from behind her darkness, she blinked and tried so hard to forget what her mind was screaming.

She remembered the question asked of the lady.
    " What ... may you have to eat? " Her voice was almost as quiet as a mouse scuttling across the floor, yet it was like wine. Rounded and fragile, as was her demeanor.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Vyhnantsvi thought for a moment about food. He wasn't particularly hungry, but the sound of food intrigued him.

"So, what kind of menu have you worked out here? I've got an itch to check out the kitchen." Van swung around on his heels toward the kitchen, keeping his sword tight to his body. Thinking better of it, he unhooked his sword belt from his waist and threw it across his shoulders so it wouldn't get in the way. He cracked his knuckles as he crossed behind the counter, then stopped and turned back around.

"Which door's the kitchen?" Dax asked, putting a hand behind his head, fingers threading through his hair.

Profitable Prophet

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The woman that walked in had Sohalia intrigued, she watched a fleeting memory pass over Dax's eyes as if he thought he knew her, but he said nothing that confirmed. The other female had seemed slightly startled by both of their reactions to her and as Dax walked away, she stepped forward to her.
              "Well, we've got a selection of home-made pastries and cakes, or I could make you a sandwich, hot or cold, whatever you like. I also have drinks, some coffee based, juices, smoothies. What might you like?"
              Sohalia turned as Dax went behind the counter and how he suddenly looked lost. Did he not see the door in front of him? She laughed a bit, pointing to him. He had her amused, but she was appreciative of the help.
              "The only door in front of you, dear."

[I suppose I ought to work up a rough sketch of the building, aye?]

Hilarious Gekko

xxxxxxx

She couldn't shake it. And now that this woman spoke more, it's as if she remembered her too. Zero started to get uncomfortable. She heard weapons jingle and knuckles crack. She backed up, taking a few staggered, heavier steps backwards. She put her hands to her head and hunched forward. Zero shook her head, trying to rid her mind of memories neither of these two obviously had. Focus on food, Zero. That's true. This could be solved.

With her hands still on her temples, she attempted to stand up slightly. In almost a whisper, she asked,
    " A toasted club sa...sandwhich would be l...lovely ... " Zero's voice trailed off as she pulled her hands from her head and uprighted herself. Even if she did know them, somewhere, somehow, she could defend herself if they weren't friendly with her presence.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
"Hey. Last time I walked through a door I thought I knew where it went... well it wasn't a great experience." Van smiled weakly, the image in his head at this moment was not particularly pleasant. He shook his head violently to dispel it. Not the kind of thing one brought up in polite conversation.

-={No, I do not have a particular horrible experience in mind.}=-

Dax disappeared into the kitchen... and just kind of stood there for a moment at the door. He shook his head again to finally dispel the image before getting to work.

-={I had more here but it sucked and was run-on so I scrapped it. Continue conversation without him and he'll appear next post with a club sandwich.}=-

Profitable Prophet

9,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia laughed a bit at Dax as he shook his head. He was always saying some oddball things about past occurrences. Sometimes, she desperately wish she lived a wandering life. Perhaps someday she would ask Dax to take her along on his travels, once the cafe was set in and she could leave it in the hands of someone responsible for a while.
              "Dax will have that right up for you. Is there anything else I can get for you? Would you like to take a seat as well?"
              While it was obvious the woman was blind, Sohalia still motioned for her to pick a table and take a seat. She had a vague idea that this girl could see without actually seeing. Many blind people had extremely fine tuned and heightened senses, so it wouldn't surprise her if she knew exactly what Sohalia was doing. But again, she smiled to the girl and waited for her response.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff