Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 140 141 142 > >> >>> »|

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

(Quite alright. I'm actually going to make this post and head to bed. I wasn't expecting anyone to actually show up tonight! lol )

Sohalia smiled to the man politely, nodding her head. He seemed at peace right now, content and rested so she did as asked. With only three other people, things had livened up for a bit and she skipped happily behind the counter to prepare a surprise order for the man.
              "Ogre..I never got a name for you, do you have one? I think I might know what wil give you the kick you're looking for."
              While she waited an answer from the large creature, she went about making a drink for the teacher. Her favorite was a caramel latte, perhaps he would enjoy that too. Frothy milk and espresso with just a hint of caramel sweetness was a great pick me up after a long day, especially if you need some energy. While the milk was being steamed, she got him a slice of cheesecake, adding a few syruped strawberries on the side. She set it aside and carefully poured the hot milk into the coffee before spooning the froth on top. With a squirt bottle, she drizzled caramel over the top in a hashmark pattern them brought the tall mug and cheesecake to the teacher, fork and napkin included.
              "I hope you like it. If you're not in the mood for something sweet like this, I can also make you a sandwich."

(Alrighty. I hope you don't mind if we pick up tomorrow. If not, feel free to 'guide' my character, so to speak saying you order and I just hop to until my waitress comes in. )

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
Tsk tsk, he used the wrong "your"
Making a few editorial markings the young teacher slumped in his chair. On the briefcase there was an engraving of his initials near the handle. O N. A slender finger traced it before grabbing another paper. In moments the waitress, he assumed, placed the mystery treat on the table. Taking a sip from the mug he nodded in approval. "You have fine taste, thank you madam", he flashed another smile before drinking more. Just the kick he'd need to finish the day.

((sounds like a plan, sleep well ))

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia watched him a moment, her eyes casually following his arm as he reached for another paper but not before tracing the letters on the briefcase. A slight curl in her lips wondered if this was perhaps a lover's briefcase before it was his, or perhaps a beloved relative. It was best she didn't ask yet but she waited for his remark and smiled brighter when he was pleased.
              "I do hope you enjoy it. I baked the cheesecake myself." Her eyes met his once again when he smiled at her. This was the most rewarding part of this shop, having customers who could relax and enjoy life for a few moments.

"May I ask what class you teach?" A hand raised and motioned toward his papers. She had noticed the way he was marking them which led her to believe he was a teacher. Many teachers assigned essays, so she could have been wrong with her earlier guess of English.

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
He let out a small chuckle, "If the drink itself tastes good then the food must be amazing"
Setting the drink down he slouched more into the chair, looking quite relaxed and at ease around her. "I teach Creative Writing at the moment" He gestured towards the paper he was holding. "The students had to make a one page short story or a glimpse at their independent novella's they're writing" The paper he held now was written in long hand with grey smudges showing frantic changes to the story. "Quid pro quo madam, how are you today?" Another small smile appeared on his lips.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

"I love to write..and cook. Mostly cook, but I've written some short stories in the past."
              Sohalia leaned in slightly to take a glance at the paper he was holding, noticing the franic marks and changes made as the student tried to perfect his or her story. A lock of hair fell over her should and nonchalantly Sohalia pushed it back behind her ear with a small giggle.
              "It looks like some of them try very hard to impress you," she said, standing back up straight, clasping her hands down in front of her. Highschool wasn't too far behind her, and she remembered trying to impress her teachers to stay on their good side in case she ever needed some leniency in grades or due dates. It worked, sometimes.
              "Oh me? I'm doing quiet well. Glad to have some guests tonight. It usually slows down way late at night and I end up closing early. And how are you? You appear to have had a very long day."

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
The students seem to try more so to impress each other, the teacher was just there to make it all made sense. Short stories? That set off a small spark in his head. Oh how he enjoyed reading stories even if they're just a page long. The teacher blinked, a reel of his whole day went flying by his eyelids. "It was..." A stifled cough into his brown scholar jacket left sleeve interrupted. "Excuse me, quite a day"
"Oh where are my manners, I'm Mr. Noi- I mean Orpheus Noir" he smiled, raised his hand for a shake.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

"I'm glad you decided to join us here after a long day."
              Sohalia outstretched her arm the short distance to give him a firm shake. Once done, it returned back down in front of her, clasped with the other. She smiled to him once more, and bowed slightly in greeting.
              "Nice to meet you, Orpheus. My name is Sohalia Finley. I own the Feather Quill Cafe."

Her composure was regained quickly and she reached up to push her hair out of her face once more, blowing a rouge strand out of her mouth. Her eyes sparkled with delight as she was truly happy to have someone else to speak with. Meeting people and learning life stories was always fun.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-={Hate to ruin your fun, junior... but I'ma have to cut in.}=-

Vyhnanstvi Dax pushed his way through the door into the atrium of the little cafe. It was a place he recognised, as if he'd been there before. This was preposterous of course as this was his first time in this part of town. He wrote it off as a memory of his forebear. Said thought distracted him momentarily and fuzzed his vision with vague shadows of people who were not there... anymore.

Van's light jacked fluttered gently in the breeze of his entry as the door closed behind him, his shirt seemingly clingy for the apparent bulk. Though his pants came down to his ankles a trained eye would still identify his footwear of the moment to be boots... though any eyes going from top to bottom would more than likely stop at the deep crimson scabbard slung at his right hip. The seemingly ornate hilt sticking out of it suggested a weapon of some great craftsmanship... which is somewhat of a true lie. The wrappings of the scabbard matched his presently short hair and his ever present red irises.

Those very irises glittered in the interior lights and seemed to rotate as he regained his focus, a focus which quickly settled on one person in the room who was definitely there, and who was someone he knew very well. Dax turned his whole body into his axis of observation and crossed the room with a purposed quickness, arms outstretched. He managed to do all this before Sohalia could quite turn to face him, wrapping his arms around her midriff. Leaning back at the waist he swept her off her feet into a single full spin before setting her back down right where he'd grabbed her from.

"Sohalia."

-={Godmoding a bit, but I'm sure you don't mind do you, Charming? And yes I know the ref pic's eyes are wrong. I lost most of my library.}=-

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
Orpheus chuckled again. This is a nice place to be. It's better lite, very clean, and had a peaceful atmosphere. Now wonder it's a place for writers. "So you write yes? What about?" A person's work can be a window into their minds. He picked up the fork and took a little bite of the cheesecake. "Just as expected, good food too" The second bite he savored the taste on his tongue.

edit

As the doors flew open Orpheus's eyes glanced to the new comer. Or perhaps a returning customer. The familiarity of this red man's display gave Orpheus the impression they were either lovers or close friends. Still it almost amused him, yet it didn't show. Another sip of his coffee was his only reaction.

(( brb in a few minutes )) ((I'm back ))

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

(Take your time! I'm just glad you came back, Dorian! lol)

"I dabble in a bit of fantasy and science fiction."
              Sohalia leaned back on her heels slightly, looking down at Orpheus in his seat. She watched as he took a bite of it and was pleased that he enjoyed it. Another thing she loved was people who loved her food. Especially since she made a living with it.

Her lips parted, preparing to say something else when she heard the door open, letting in a gentle breeze from the night. She stopped rocking on her feet and started to turn to greet whomever walked in when in a mere split second she was caught around her midriff and spun by rather familiar arms and strength. From her lips she let out a rather loud giggle before she was set back down.

"Dax!" Sohalia squealed, turning in his embrace to wrap her arms around him, giving him a tight squeeze.

Eloquent Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Van squeezed her in return and backed away, his hands finding hers and interlacing fingers in the space between them. He broke one pair of hands to reach into the pocket on the outside of the flap of the dark gray messenger bag on his hip, from which he extracted a small linen bundle.

"Yanno when I got back from my trip home I was a little confused to find you gone. Glad to see you're doing so well with that cafe idea you talked about." Dax placed the bundle in her freed hand and stepped away, breaking contact. He laid one hand each on his bag and his sword. "A little late but... happy birthday."

-={I hate short posts, but I'm rusty.}=-

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
User Image
Ariannona slipped inside the cafe. She had been gone a few days, lost track of time (Which only happened when she had nothing better to do) and looked around. The lady of the establishment looked busy, there were three men and a large creature that looked interesting. She took a seat in a corner and brought out some jewelry she had been crafting and continued work on it.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia stood back as Dax did, very much happy to see him again. She kept a grip on one hand while he reached into his pack with the other and produced a small cloth bundle. With a tilt of her head, she looked down at it in her hand, questioningly.
              "What's this? And thank you, you're very late for that." A small tinkle of a giggle sounded from her as she started to open it with her now free hands. She wondered what Dax could possibly have gotten for her. As she was opening it, the door swung open again and the young woman from a few days ago entered. Sohalia had been wondering where the girl went off to so quickly. She smiled to her as she took her own seat then returned her attention to the gift in her hands.

(What is it? lol )

Hilarious Gawker

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
( Ariannona )
(Be back tomorrow, fussy baby gonk )

Hilarious Gekko

[[this is out of character :: Is anyone going to be online much longer tonight? I'd rather not get all wrapped up and have everyone retire.]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff