Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charming is done being passive aggressive.

Yay! 1 100.0% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 21 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 140 141 142 > >> >>> »|

It had been moving slowly down the streets, a small bag filled to the brim with sopping wet coins swinging from a large fist. It was visiting family, quick-witted slimy creatures with sharp teeth and bold black eyes. River ogres that lived under the local bridge, and exacted a toll on all creatures that (were small, weak and stupid enough) crossed it. The visitation done, it had decided in its small mind to explore the town.

And something, sure enough - had caught its eye.
Perhaps it was as a peahen among the flashy neon peacock signs that lit up the long rows of bars and restaurants, a plain, understated wooden sign.

Wood - that it understood. So it came in, stoop-shouldered and head-bowed, going in sideways through the door.

There was no mistaking what this creature was, grey of skin and bright of eye.

The diamond eyes of the stone ogre travelled slowly around the tiny cafe, taking in the sights and smells of the small place. Trudging over to the nearest vacant table, it pushed the ornate chair fitted under the wooden table carefully away and sat down on the floor. Even sitting down with its shoulders stooped and hunched, the ogre towered above the table, almost brushing the ceiling with its mossy head.

MAAM, it said in a voice that rolled and rumbled and shook. Attempting an ingratiating smile, the ogre peeled its lips back to reveal yellow blocky teeth that looked like an accident in the graveyard. The brown sacks sewn together to make a rough travelling cloak rustled slightly. mAYY I HAVE sOMETthiNG tOO? WHaT DO YoU RECOMMMend?

A pause, and then it pointed to the small cloth bag. I CAN PAY.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
        Oh hello there, how can I help you today?

(Interesting character!)

As Sohalia waited for Kent to speak, another customer entered. A rather large stone ogre. The woman was taken aback slightly, as this was a creature she had never seen before. Nonetheless, the creature had requested something and she was obliged to fill it. Shortly after the creature sat, kindly not crushing her chair, and offered payment, Sohalia smiled to it.
              "Honestly, I recommend everything but my favorite are the carrot cake cupcakes."
              With a wave of her hand, she motioned to two dozen bronze-orange cupcakes in the display case, half with icing and half without. They were, quite possibly, her favorite in the entire store. Patiently, she waited for an answer from the thing, hoping she could fill it's request easily.

While it may rarely interact with the soft-fleshed creatures that bustled around in their clumps of iron abodes, the ogre had some vague notions of social graces. Or at least, niceness - and it suspected that nobody would be happy if someone walked in and crushed a very nice wooden chair into small pieces.

eVERYTHIIIng? There may have been a note of dismay, as it stared at the pretty little pastries (so dainty! so fragile! so adorable!) that sparkled up at it from the display. oH, it IS hAAARdd thEN, TO MAkeE a CHOICE.

The stone that made it up shifted and clacked a little, and the ogre nodded, waving a tattooed hand dismissively. Small sigils patterned its stoneflesh, dug deep in by diamond tools.

CARROT CAKE THEN. it said, and made what may have been a smile. iT HAS CArrrrOT in IT? BUt OH, iT DOES nOT LOok LIKE CAarrOT. And then it nodded, and patted the small bag of coins with a careful hand. i WOUldD alSO LIKe To TRRY THIs THing CAlleD CoFFEE. MY RElATivEs ARE addICTEDD, anD THey tELL me IT IS GooD.

[[ooc; baha, thanks. I've been meaning to try it out for a while.]]

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

(At first, I was afraid you were trolling me, no pun intended. lmao. But seriously, I've been around a long time and I've never seen someone play a stone ogre! Its awesome!)
              Sohalia watched as the ogre went through several different emotions from her response. This creature was simple, but intelligent.
              "Carrot cake it is then...and a coffee. I'm not sure..if I have a mug big enough for you, though my dear." Sohalia frowned a bit. This wasn't something she had foreseen in the future. Large customers need large mugs. She would make a note of that and order some right away.

A moment or two passed before she stepped over to the case and pulled out two cupcakes, as she figured one wouldn't quiet give the giant a taste and pondered over how to give it coffee. She could just give it the whole pitcher, she supposed. Slowly, she moved and set the cupcakes on the table in front of the giant and looked up at it with a smile.

"I suppose my only option for the time being would either be a large bowl or to give you the pot."

The soft-fleshed human - ... Was it human? The slits in grey stone that served as its nose twitched slightly, as it tried to sniff out the blood that swirled in this creature. It came slow, threaded through the sweet, heavy scents of pastry and coffee that made up the cafe. But - it thought to itself, satisfied as it finally managed to catch the strange little sparking smells that differed human from non. - This softskin isn't a human. Smells never lie, yes, yes.

But, she had something in common with humans.

Everything was so tiny, so small, so miniaturised!

wHOLE POttt tHEN. It boomed. Was that a note of mischief? MORE fOR mE TO dRINK, yES?

So saying, it picked up the little orange thing with two fingers, holding it carefully between the digits. Bringing it close to its face, it gave a long sniff. It would try this first.

SMeLLs GOOdd.
It popped it into its mouth, crunch. Another pitiful crunch, and the cupcake said goodbye to the world, swimming down to the ogre's gullet. iT'S GooDD.

Approval, so much approval! fIRST tIMe eATING CaKE, yOU KNoW, the ogre said, and picked up the other cupcake. mY KinD. WE dON'T CooK. NO POINT. NoBoDY LiKE. Crunch. Another cupcake gone. bUT it'S GOOD. Glancing around the cafe, the ogre the said, BUT WhY iS noBODY HERE? is IT BECAUsE yOU ArE A PeaHEN IN a PEaCOCk pLACE?

[[ooc; /dances. 8D GOOD TO HEAR. WHOOP WHOOP. It's a little strange, though. Blue and orange morality.]]

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia watched the ogre for a moment, pretty sure she saw what appeared to be nostrils flare out and catch her scent. Emotions on a rather featureless creature were hard to read. Either way, she was glad to have someone here to speak with since Kent had gone silent and seemed to be in a world of his own by now.

"Yes," Sohalia said with a laugh,"More to drink with a whole pot."
              The tone in the giant's voice had a spark of mischief, it knew how to get what it wanted and she liked that. Intrigued, she watched as the thing ate the first cupcake and seemed to enjoy it before she went back behind the counter for a whole pot of coffee. She switched out the old grounds and put in a new pot before she brought this one to the giant.

"Did you want cream or sugar, or both or none?" How did stone ogres like their coffee? Did they have a preference? She was about to find out as the ogre was speaking of something else first.

"What do you mean? Its late, I don't often get visitors this late."

The question was interesting. Her shop was quite different than the others, if that's what it meant.

Ah, more hard decisions!

The ogre rubbed its forehead. i DO NOt KNOw. More slow thinking, you could almost see the gears turning in its grey head. NONE, yES. I mUST tRY ThE PURE COFFEE fIRST, to gET THe fULL fLavOUR, yeS? And then it smiled, revealing the horrible teeth again. BUT i Do KNOw, I WANT moRE ... CARROT CAKE.

When she posed her question to his, the ogre looked up towards the ceiling, bright diamond eyes dimming for a moment.

nO, NO.

It pointed a finger out onto the street, where the doors of a club had opened and a gaggle of fresh young things had spilled out, giggling. SHinY. COLOuRFuLL. LiKE a PEACOCK, yOU KNOw? PinK ELeCTRICItYY, BRIgHT STEel ... AnD YOU aRE WOOD, it waved a hand at the sign swinging outside the cafe. bROWN wOOd. It thought for a moment, and then it added, wITTTH gOLDD, yes. BUT sTill, a PEAHEN. noW, dO YoOU UnDERSTAND?

Tucking a hand under its stony head, it looked towards the softskin. WhY dID YOU ChOOSe nOT to BE A peACOCK?
Returning the woman's smile, several memories started to come back to him, though he doubt Sohalia would remember, especially after what happened that day. He noticed the other figure that had entered the cafe, a bit of an oddball, but other than that, he was completely normal. Now taking a look at one of their menus, he decided to start off easy, yes, a caesar salad would do me now. "Excuse me Sohalia, I know you're kind of busy right now, but could you please get me a salad? And a glass of water also" After this, he took a quick look around the place for a bit, then his eyes went back to her once more "This is a pretty nice cafe you have here, though" Looking to the ogre now, he scanned over the creature's features, then went back to his own business and started tapping upon the surface of the table a little.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia thought about what the ogre said as she gathered it several more cupcakes and piled them on a plate. With grace, she moved and set the plate down then the pot, but not before placing a potholder that she had seemingly pulled out of nowhere. She hoped the pot wasn't too hot to burn through it, it was doubtful it would.
              "Different is a good thing sometimes, I've come to understand. Obviously it drew you here. I'm not afraid to be different, or have different people around me. " Sohalia stepped back to look up at the giant, inspecting it. A unique and different creature, she was simply in awe completely at it.

It was good sometimes to be different. Flashing neons lights were dull, really, and overused. Simple elegance was all she needed to draw in a great customer base and interesting people to talk to.

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
God my feet hurt...
A pair of brown wingtip shoes clicked down the streets of Barton in a steady tempo. The man in those shoes looked to be in his 30s, yet already small grey hairs were developing on his black haired head. If asked he'd say a small electric shock caused it and not the stress of teaching high school students. Right now he needed a small, quiet, and new plays to go through grading and writing up the next day's agenda. The cafe he used to frequent, even if it was just a handful of times, because the new nesting ground for the band students. While those are the kids he used to be like as a teen himself, the blaring of a trumpet and the unholy fusion of instruments to make chimeras was a bit much. And some were his students.

Finding the Feather Quill Cafe up to his requirements the tired teacher entered. Noticing that some customers where already being attended to he took a seat near the window. Suddenly the seat became such a huge relief on his feet the man nearly lost his grip on the brown leather suitcase he was holding.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

EDIT

(Oops, sorry Muffin. Didn't see your post!)
              "Oh, sorry Kent! Coming right up!" Sohalia bustled to the kitchen quickly to put together a fantastic garden salad for her good friend. Carefully, she cut up different fresh vegetables and tossed them in with some crunchy romaine lettuce, none of that iceberg crap lettuce other places used. This cafe only used the best! She wasn't sure the kind of dressing he wanted to she simply put together the salad and brought it out to him, along with a glass of ice water.
              "What kind of dressing did you want?"she asked as she set the bowl and glass in front of him, along with a fork and a napkin.

The door swung open again and yet another customer entered. It was an older looking gentleman carrying a briefcase who looked a bit run down. The seat he sat in seemed to help ease that and Sohalia smiled to him with a polite wave.

"Welcome! I'll be right with you!"

It laughed, rolls of thunder crackling around the cafe.

gOOD anSWeR. Reaching out one finger, it patted Sohalia on her back. Each pat would have felt heavy, even though the ogre sought to be gentle. i THOuGHT All soFTsKINS wERE HeRD CreEATUREs. GoOD anSWER. AnD IT SEEMS, YoUR PEAhEN HAs brOUGHT AnOTHER CuSTOMER.

With that, it returned its attention to the little cakes and coffee.

More of those lovely, delicate little things! A sigh of contentment, a soft whistle of air blown through cracked lips sounded in the cafe as it picked up yet another carrot cake with two fingers. With its free hand, it picked up the handle of the pot and proceeded to drain a quarter of the burning hot coffee in one gulp.

Sohalia was right, it did not hurt the ogre - in fact, it may have looked slightly disappointed as the rich liquid went down its throat.

i tHOUGHT, it said, sounding a little disappointed. thAT IT WoULD MakE ME FIZZ and JUMP lIKE MY smALL CoUSinNS. Which were ogres of flower and plant, delicate things that were about as long as a human's thumb. oH WeLL. THE CARROT iS sTIll gOOD.

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
The teacher, not even looking at the madam, simply nodded and flashed the peace sign as he opened the brief case on the table. He pulled out a small stack of papers. The first page had tight-knit long hand writing. The one under it had bold pen strokes with double spaces. One by one the man started reading them, wrote a little check on them and even made some editorial comments on the backs. Upon hearing the ogre speak the teacher faintly smiled. It did his heart good to see diversity for a change, the place he used to reside in wasn't the most welcoming to it. Barton is a good change of pace indeed. When he read a paper written in blue ink a small chuckle came from his lips, subtle and rich. It was his mistake letting the little beasts pick their topics.

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sohalia just shook her head a bit as Kent (I really hope you don't mind that I do this) kept spacing off into his own place. He'd get her attention when he was ready for what he wanted, if he wanted any dressing at all. She side stepped way after a moment then turned and walked toward the older gentleman who appeared to be grading papers. With a smile, she stepped up to him, watching for just a few seconds. What was written seemed to amuse him a bit, she wondered what he taught. Possibly English, with the length of those papers.
              "What can I get for you today, sir?" she asked softly, she didn't want to make him lose his concentration much, he was probably a busy man and needed to get his work done. But in order to get work done, one needed their strength and that is where Sohalia came in with goodness like drinks and foods.

8,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
When the woman approached he hadn't noticed until she spoke. It sometimes got easy for him to just tune out the world as if he was deaf to it. "Ello, um..." Golden eyes met her dark ones. The teacher hadn't really looked at the menu at all since sitting down. And come to think of it, he really didn't want to take up more of her time when others were around. With a pleasant smile he only said, "Surprise me".

((sorry for the delay >< ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces